April 27, 2024, 12:24:13 PM

Author Topic: FIFA's McBeth intent on tackling corruption( Jack need to worry)  (Read 3586 times)

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=434172&cc=5901

Updated: May 27, 2007
FIFA's McBeth intent on tackling corruption

John McBeth, the Scot who will take over Britain's FIFA vice-presidency, believes he got the job because of hatred for England and has accused African associations of corruption and greed.

McBeth will step down from his role as Scottish Football Association president on Friday to take over from compatriot David Will.
But he claims he won the role in opposition to Football Association chairman Geoff Thompson and the Irish FA's Jim Boyce because of resentment over English arrogance.

'I said when I came back that I was the least not-liked,' McBeth said.

'I went down there and I was on the plane thinking, 'What in God's name am I going to London for?'

'We had it for 17 years with David Will, so it won't be a Scot again.

'The two men touting were Geoff Thompson of England and Jim Boyce of Northern Ireland. They were going for it.

'Jim was saying what he'd do for Northern Ireland, others were saying it was England's turn.

'Unfortunately when you deal with the English it tends to be `their game' and they tend to expect.

'To put it mildly they made a mess of it and I wandered through the middle. It's a very funny story.'

McBeth added: 'I'll have to be much kinder to the English.

'I try to keep telling them that their notion of themselves is unbelievable. The rest of the world hates their guts.'

McBeth will move into his office at FIFA's Zurich headquarters with the intention of tackling corruption in the world game.

But he may have made some enemies already after describing new boss Sepp Blatter as a 'tricky customer' and claiming 'poor nations' in Africa have different ethics from the British 'fair play' attitude.

McBeth said: 'I know two or three whom I'd want to count my fingers after shaking hands with them.

'If I come across corruption I have to expose it. I must try to stay true to my beliefs and hope I don't get seduced.'

McBeth has known FIFA president Blatter for 10 years.

The former Clyde chairman said: 'He's a tricky customer but I suppose anyone in that position has to be because you're dealing with people who have a totally different code of ethics.

'David Will had a go at Blatter and was one of the few who survived it. I'm not sure if that was because of the position he held.'

McBeth is also wary of CONCACAF president Jack Warner, from Trinidad & Tobago, who wants the British nations to be stripped of their right to occupy the vice-president role.

'To a certain extent I can understand what he's saying - it's the old British Empire stuff,' McBeth said.

'The British have an attitude of fair play but sometimes the Empire didn't play fair and that's coming back on us. For the ones that were under the Empire it's payback time.

'By and large the four British countries know what fair play is and when we're stepping out of line.

'But as soon as you hit Africa it's a slightly different kettle of fish. They're poor nations and want to grab what they can.

'I presume the Caribbean is much the same - they just come at it in a different way.' 
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA's McBeth intent on tackling corruption( Jack need to worry)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 02:40:52 PM »
How could a man in that position have no international intelligence at all.Myopic in view at best.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »
Myopic how so? hasn't Jackula been sucking the life out of football in TnT through his misdeeds.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »
Yes but at least Jackula has a little understanding of international diplomacy,regardless to whatever he doing to TnT football.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 11:05:25 PM »
so you're saying his ethical considerations meet international standards?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 01:30:02 AM »
Yes but at least Jackula has a little understanding of international diplomacy,regardless to whatever he doing to TnT football.
so you're saying his ethical considerations meet international standards?
I think what most people who support Jack, believe that if the Associations within FIFA and CONCACAF back Jack they must be as Ethical as Jack. ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:02:21 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:31:37 AM »
John Mc Beth really under informed ,if daiz all he knows of Jack,he needs to be brought up to speed .

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 09:27:35 AM »
Zurich, 28 May 2007  -  FIFA's Executive Committee and the FIFA Vice-President-elect for the British associations, John McBeth (Scotland), who was due to be formally installed at the forthcoming FIFA Congress in Zurich on 30-31 May 2007, have met in connection with Mr McBeth's recent statements to the media over a number of matters pertaining to world football.
FIFA and Mr McBeth wish to comment as follows:

" FIFA and John McBeth are in agreement that his recent statements to the media in Scotland shall be submitted to the FIFA Ethics Committee for examination;

" Until a final decision has been reached by the FIFA Ethics Committee, the British associations' vice-presidency of the FIFA Executive Committee is to remain vacant;

" Mr McBeth will not attend this week's FIFA events in Zurich, i.e. the inauguration ceremony for the Home of FIFA and the FIFA Congress.

Further information from:
FIFA Media Department
media@fifa.org
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 10:06:40 AM »
Wheeeeey sah! They eh even wait till he get in office to deal with him. They stop him from getting the position one time. All dem crooks nervous like hell.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 10:57:12 AM »
Zurich, 28 May 2007  -  FIFA's Executive Committee and the FIFA Vice-President-elect for the British associations, John McBeth (Scotland), who was due to be formally installed at the forthcoming FIFA Congress in Zurich on 30-31 May 2007, have met in connection with Mr McBeth's recent statements to the media over a number of matters pertaining to world football.
FIFA and Mr McBeth wish to comment as follows:

" FIFA and John McBeth are in agreement that his recent statements to the media in Scotland shall be submitted to the FIFA Ethics Committee for examination;

" Until a final decision has been reached by the FIFA Ethics Committee, the British associations' vice-presidency of the FIFA Executive Committee is to remain vacant;

" Mr McBeth will not attend this week's FIFA events in Zurich, i.e. the inauguration ceremony for the Home of FIFA and the FIFA Congress.

Further information from:
FIFA Media Department
media@fifa.org

Jack is playing the race card once again to prevent anyone from uncovering his misdeeds:

Africa and Caribbean unite to leave McBeth facing ethics hearing
Daily Mail

Last updated at 16:30pm on 28th May 2007

John McBeth, the Scot who was due to become Britain's new FIFA vice-president this week, is to be hauled in front of the world governing body's ethics committee after he claimed African and Caribbean associations were tainted by corruption and greed.

It will be the first major case heard by FIFA's new ethics committee, which is chaired by Lord Sebastian Coe, the former athlete who is now head of the London 2012 Olympics organising committee.

The British FIFA vice-presidency will now remain vacant until the ethics committee has made a decision. McBeth has also agreed not to attend this week's FIFA Congress.

Meanwhile, the CONCACAF federation - countries from the Caribbean, north, south and central America - have sent a letter of condemnation to FIFA branding McBeth's remarks "racist".

FIFA and McBeth said in a joint statement: "FIFA and John McBeth are in agreement that his recent statements to the media in Scotland shall be submitted to the FIFA ethics committee for examination.

"Until a final decision has been reached by the FIFA ethics committee, the British associations' vice-presidency of the FIFA executive committee is to remain vacant.

"Mr McBeth will not attend this week's FIFA events in Zurich, i.e. the inauguration ceremony for the Home of FIFA and the FIFA Congress."

In his interview with a number of Scottish Sunday newspapers, McBeth, the president of the Scottish FA, described FIFA president Sepp Blatter as a "tricky customer" and claimed poor nations in Africa have different ethics from the British 'fair play' attitude.

McBeth said: "I know two or three [at FIFA] whom I'd want to count my fingers after shaking hands with them.

"If I come across corruption, I have to expose it. I must try to stay true to my beliefs and hope I don't get seduced.

"By and large, the four British countries know what fair play is and when we're stepping out of line.

"But, as soon as you hit Africa, it's a slightly different kettle of fish. They're poor nations and want to grab what they can.

"I presume the Caribbean is much the same - they just come at it in a different way."

CONCACAF president Jack Warner, who is from Trinidad and Tobago and is one of seven FIFA vice-presidents, reacted with outrage to the remarks.

Warner said: "The entire confederation met this morning and we decided to send a letter of condemnation to FIFA that this is unacceptable.

"Why did he only mention African and Caribbean countries? To me, that smacks of racism of the worst kind. We all feel deeply insulted and we will support any moves to send him back to Scotland where he belongs."

It is understood Warner told yesterday's executive committee meeting he was seriously offended by McBeth's remarks.

It now seems likely McBeth may have to step down and the home nations hold another election to find the person to succeed Scottish lawyer David Will, who is retiring after 17 years.

FIFA acted after first ascertaining whether the quotes attributed to McBeth were accurate.

In the interview, McBeth also said he beat FA chairman Geoff Thompson in the election among the four home nations because "the rest of the world hates their [England's] guts".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:03:37 AM by E-man »

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 10:58:31 AM »
McBeth faces Fifa racism inquiry

McBeth was due to begin his new Fifa role this week
John McBeth faces a Fifa investigation days before he is due to be made Britain's new Fifa vice-president.
A new ethics committee will investigate McBeth, who stands accused of racism after allegedly suggesting African and Caribbean associations were corrupt.

He also said he had won the Fifa vote because other nations hate England.

McBeth will step down as Scottish Football Association president on Friday but the Fifa post will remain vacant during the investigation.

It is now possible that McBeth may not have the opportunity to take up his new role with Fifa.

I know two or three (at Fifa) whom I'd want to count my fingers after shaking hands with them

John McBeth

That would see the home nations holding another election to find the person to succeed Scottish lawyer David Will, who is retiring after 17 years with Fifa.

In his interview with a number of Scottish Sunday newspapers, McBeth described Fifa president Sepp Blatter as a "tricky customer".

He went on to claim some Africa representatives have different ethics from the British "fair play" attitude.

"I know two or three (at Fifa) whom I'd want to count my fingers after shaking hands with them," he said.

"If I come across corruption, I have to expose it. I must try to stay true to my beliefs and hope I don't get seduced.

"By and large, the four British countries know what fair play is and when we are stepping out of line.

"But, as soon as you hit Africa, it's a slightly different kettle of fish. They're poor nations and want to grab what they can.

"I presume the Caribbean is much the same - they just come at it in a different way."

We all feel deeply insulted and we will support any moves to send McBeth back to Scotland where he belongs

Concacaf president Jack Warner

His outburst has provoked an angry response from Concacaf president Jack Warner, who is from Trinidad and Tobago and is one of seven Fifa vice-presidents.

"The entire confederation met and we decided to send a letter of condemnation to Fifa that this is unacceptable.," said Warner.

"Why did he only mention African and Caribbean countries?

"To me, that smacks of racism of the worst kind.

"We all feel deeply insulted and we will support any moves to send him back to Scotland where he belongs."

McBeth went on to claim he beat Football Association chairman Geoff Thompson and the Irish FA's Jim Boyce to the Fifa post because of resentment over English arrogance.

"I was the least not-liked," McBeth said. "I was thinking on the plane down: 'What in God's name am I going to London for?'

"We had it for 17 years with David Will, so it won't be a Scot again.

"Jim was saying what he'd do for Northern Ireland, others were saying it was England's turn.

"Unfortunately, when you deal with the English it tends to be 'their game' and they tend to expect.

"To put it mildly, they made a mess of it and I wandered through the middle. It's a very funny story."

McBeth added: "I'll have to be kinder to the English.

"I try to keep telling them their notion of themselves is unbelievable. The rest of the world hates their guts."

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 01:58:59 AM »
he should have at least waited to get in and settled in his position before he tried to bring about change.
From my view he is definitely not as Mr Warner claims.
for a person of his position, he is very naive to think that FIFA would NOT block his appointment after hitting Blatter's major supporter.

Ok people, If you disagree with Mr Warner's comments please see below for the emails for all CONCACAF Associations.
Please let them know your opinions.

As EMan says
Jack is playing the race card once again to prevent anyone from uncovering his misdeeds:

Anguilla Football Association - P.O. Box 1318 The Valley, Anguilla, B.W.I.
Antigua and Barbuda Football Association - abfa@candw.ag
Arubaanse Voetbal Bond - avbaruba@setarnet.aw
Bahamas Football Association - bfa@bahamas.net.bs
Barbados Football Association - bdosfootball@caribsurf.com
Football Federation of Belize - ffbinfo@belizefootball.com
The Bermuda Football Association -  bermudaf@bermudafootball.com
British Virgin Islands Football Association - bvifa@surfbvi.com
Canada Soccer Association - info@soccercan.ca
Cayman Islands Football Association - cifa@candw.ky
Federación Costarricense de Fútbol - fedefut@rasca.co.cr
Asociación de Futbol de Cuba - luis@inder.co.cu
Dominica Football Association - domfootball@cwdom.dm
Federación Dominicana de Fútbol - fedofutbol.f@verizon.net.do
Federación Salvadoreña de Fútbol - prensa@fesfut.org.sv
Ligue de Football de La Guyane Francaise - rfoanim@nplus.gf
Grenada Football Association - gfa@caribsurf.com
Ligue Guadeloupeenne de Football - Rue De La Ville d'Orly - Bergevin, 97110 Pointe-340-Pitre, GUADELOUPE
Federación Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala - fedefutbol@guate.net.gt
Guyana Football Federation - gff@networksgy.com
Fédération Haitienne de Football - 5, 1ere Avenue du Travail Boite Postal 2258 Port-au-Prince, HAITI
Federación Nacional Autónoma de Fútbol de Honduras - Col. Florencia Norte Edificio Plaza America Ave. Roble 1 y 2 Nivel Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Jamaica Football Federation - jamff@hotmail.com
Ligue de Football de Martinique - 2 Rue Saint John Perse - Morne Tartenson  B.P. 307, 97203  Fort de France Cedex, MARTINIQUE
Federación Mexicana de Fútbol Asociación, A.C. - femexfut@mpsnet.com.mx
Montserrat Football Association - monfa@candw.ag
Nederlands Antilliaanse Voetbal Unie - navusoccer@interneeds.com
Federación Nicaragüense de Fútbol - fenifut@tmx.com.ni
Federación Panameña de Fútbol - fepafut@sinfo.net
Federación Puertorriqueña de Fútbol - info@fedefutbolpr.com
Comité de Football de Saint-Martin - district.football.i.n@hotmail.fr
Sint Maarten - P.O. Box 2006 Airport Rd. #69 Phillipsburg, Sint-Maarteen, N.A.
St. Kitts and Nevis Football Association - sknfa@skbee.com
St. Lucia National Football Association - razor@candw.lc
St. Vincent and The Grenadines Football Federation - svgfootball@caribsurf.com
Surinaamse Voetbal Bond - gefferie@sr.net
Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation - ttff@wow.net
Turks & Caicos Islands Football Association - tcifa@tciway.tc
U.S.V.I. Soccer Federation - usvisoccer@vitelcom.net
United States Soccer Federation - communications@ussoccer.org

http://www.concacaf.com/associations.asp

anyone ever used this site?  http://anonymouse.org/anonemail.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 04:05:37 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 05:29:57 AM »
As I said before this Mcbeth guy has no shred of international diplomacy which is required at that level.

1]; } ?>