April 23, 2024, 04:57:03 AM

Author Topic: San Juan Jabloteh Thread.  (Read 123197 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fenwick, Jabloteh part ways again
« Reply #450 on: April 01, 2011, 02:14:08 AM »
Fenwick Breds,do so eh like so,now we all know how it feels to take away a man's bread and butter.Take legal action at least you have options Marvin has non. :devil:

With the whole Castellano thing as well as the fact that they lost that quarter final makes one wonder the impact the sacking of their captain (Oliver) might have had on the situation. At any rate do so doh like so. Maybe if the game Oliver went to play in did name Something Shield and it had some big name sponsors he mighta get clearance to play if there is a way to get clearance at all.

In Retrospect,t my statements about this situation in no way berated Fenwick for playing a minor vs playing a minor that might not have been ready for the task but had to do so because of the previous firing of the center midfielder. (I didnt make up de debacle de Club officials had a problem with Castellano) Secondly, Do so soh like so is a blanket statement and can't be refuted except for only in it's application. The rest of my ranting should have been done when this topic came up de other day when oliver got axed but i missed the opportunity. Within clarification the point i was making is that I see many professionals (World-wide) get the opportunity to play in all kind of non-sanctioned EPL matches whether by request or the fact that since it is a recognized "Shield" cup or something they get a bligh to do that. Well de lil bush exhibition football in Santa Cruz have no such niceties possible, no big name nor big time sponsors where a Fenwick might see it as beneficial to him or club to allow the professional to play in it. My point was to test the scenario to see if there was a double standard taking place. I would hope that everyone here can keep there biases in check and deal with the facts or fiction as they are laid out. 

I think yuh still comparing apples to oranges, padnah.   I don't think Chelsea would appreciate somebody like John Terry goin' and playin' in some informal, low-lwvel, so-called "minor league" and risking injury.  The only "non-sanctioned" game I could think of any world wide professional being a part of might be some testimonial or charity game and the presence of sponsors represents a financil/insurance coverage in case the player(s) get injured.   these clubs even going after Football federations for compensation when players get hurt in international games.  What recourse can they have with a minor league (team)?  Minor league in T&T has long been an outlaw entity and I doh really see the issue or the comparison.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 01, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
Fenwick Breds,do so eh like so,now we all know how it feels to take away a man's bread and butter.Take legal action at least you have options Marvin has non. :devil:

With the whole Castellano thing as well as the fact that they lost that quarter final makes one wonder the impact the sacking of their captain (Oliver) might have had on the situation. At any rate do so doh like so. Maybe if the game Oliver went to play in did name Something Shield and it had some big name sponsors he mighta get clearance to play if there is a way to get clearance at all.

In Retrospect,t my statements about this situation in no way berated Fenwick for playing a minor vs playing a minor that might not have been ready for the task but had to do so because of the previous firing of the center midfielder. (I didnt make up de debacle de Club officials had a problem with Castellano) Secondly, Do so soh like so is a blanket statement and can't be refuted except for only in it's application. The rest of my ranting should have been done when this topic came up de other day when oliver got axed but i missed the opportunity. Within clarification the point i was making is that I see many professionals (World-wide) get the opportunity to play in all kind of non-sanctioned EPL matches whether by request or the fact that since it is a recognized "Shield" cup or something they get a bligh to do that. Well de lil bush exhibition football in Santa Cruz have no such niceties possible, no big name nor big time sponsors where a Fenwick might see it as beneficial to him or club to allow the professional to play in it. My point was to test the scenario to see if there was a double standard taking place. I would hope that everyone here can keep there biases in check and deal with the facts or fiction as they are laid out. 

Players doh typically jes ups and go and play in non-sanctioned matches. Even when it come tuh representing yuh country, de federation does have tuh make ah request tuh de club. Seeing dat dey had ah quarterfinal match coming up, how yuh tink Jabloteh's management and fans woulda feel if Fenwick tell Marvin tuh go ahead and play in de non-sanctioned minor league game, and he get injured? My guess is dey woulda say he irresponsible.

Even if ah buy de argument about double standards, de man make it clear absolutely clear ahready dat he eh want he players playing in dem kinda game. You is de captain of de club, and yuh still gone and play/coach? Marvin knew what de consequences could/would be, and he decided to take de chance, so he hadda live with dat. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvin comes out with another view/version of de story like he did last time.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 01, 2011, 05:11:18 AM »

:whistling: :-X
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 01, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »

Players doh typically jes ups and go and play in non-sanctioned matches. Even when it come tuh representing yuh country, de federation does have tuh make ah request tuh de club. Seeing dat dey had ah quarterfinal match coming up, how yuh tink Jabloteh's management and fans woulda feel if Fenwick tell Marvin tuh go ahead and play in de non-sanctioned minor league game, and he get injured? My guess is dey woulda say he irresponsible.

Even if ah buy de argument about double standards, de man make it clear absolutely clear ahready dat he eh want he players playing in dem kinda game. You is de captain of de club, and yuh still gone and play/coach? Marvin knew what de consequences could/would be, and he decided to take de chance, so he hadda live with dat. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Marvin comes out with another view/version of de story like he did last time.

man I think yuh correck on all points. De double standard wondering had less to do with marvin than with the understanding of how players do get to play in some of these non-league games. you just shed some light on dat. Give thanks. I still feel and i guess rightfully so that if de club see it as beneficial to them in any way they can give a bligh but de quarter final thing just closes the entire argument because that is then downright irresponsible of Marvin.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 01, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
Ah love alyu,is only when Coops on the forum does light up like this,keep it up.What you all don't understand is the Mayor of San Juan you dealing with  :devil: 

Offline coachman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 01, 2011, 06:37:07 AM »
Nothing is wrong with what you said Coops,that's just the way it is, You never said what Marvin did was right or wrong, but how Terry should feel now that he got the axe,Terry has his fans,and so too has Marvin Oliver,Marlon Warner and they play for the people not Fenwrick, i know those guys and San Juan Jablotech is not the club that i used to know,what about Otis who played his heart out for the people.When you are a professional coach your bag must always be packed.Nice knowing you Terry,a nice person off the field but a total communist Dictator on the field. I mentioned Marlon Warner i know he never played for Jablo,but he is a people choice. 

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 01, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
Nothing is wrong with what you said Coops,that's just the way it is, You never said what Marvin did was right or wrong, but how Terry should feel now that he got the axe,Terry has his fans,and so too has Marvin Oliver,Marlon Warner and they play for the people not Fenwrick, i know those guys and San Juan Jablotech is not the club that i used to know,what about Otis who played his heart out for the people.When you are a professional coach your bag must always be packed.Nice knowing you Terry,a nice person off the field but a total communist Dictator on the field. I mentioned Marlon Warner i know he never played for Jablo,but he is a people choice.

Not sure, but a broke club who owns Fenwick months of pay shouldn't be called a firing, it should be called a favor, last time they fired Fenwick (twice) they called him back real fast.

Furthermore, I am sure Marvin Oliver was fully paid until his last day.

Remember, when no one wanted him and Terry took him and stuck by name, made him captain and assistant coach. And to make matters worst, this is the second time Oliver was caught, the first time he got fined and now he went back and do the same thing.

Terry also helped Aurtis Whitley and to this day still brages about him.

Club must have rules and if everyone things like Coops and yourself then it explains alot about the mentality of our footballers in T&T. It explains why Coops was never recognised in T&T football until Flex decided to give him a bling, he real small minded.

Discipline is everything, Jabloteh is Oliver's bread and butter and one cannot shit where he eats.

Hats off Terry, good luck with your next job and do me a favor, if Jabloteh come calling for the third time, give them the finger.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 07:20:11 PM by Sando »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 01, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »

Not sure, but a broke club who owns Fenwick months of pay shouldn't be called a firing, it should be called a favor, last time they fired Fenwick (twice) they called him back real fast.

Furthermore, I am sure Marvin Oliver was fully paid until his last day.

Remember, when no one wanted him and Terry took him and stuck by name, made him captain and assistant coach. And to make matters worst, this is the second time Oliver was caught, the first time he got fined and now he went back and do the same thing.

Terry also helped Aurtis Whitley and to this day still brages about him.

Club must have rules and if everyone things like Coops and yourself then it explains alot about the mentality of our footballers in T&T. It explains why Coops was never recognised in T&T football until Flex decided to give him a bling, he real small minded.

Discipline is everything, Jabloteh is Oliver's bread and butter and one cannot shit where he eats.

Hats off Terry, good luck with your next job and do me a favor, if Jabloteh come calling for the third time, give them the finger.

??? ??? When did no one want Oliver?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2011, 04:33:18 AM »
Fenwick taking Jabloteh to court.
T&T Express Reports.

It's official. Coach Terry Fenwick is no longer with Trinidad and Tobago FA Trophy champions San Juan Jabloteh.

Yesterday, the club announced they had parted company with the Englishman for the second time.

When contacted, Fenwick said he could not speak in detail on the matter since it may be heading for the court.

"It's with lawyers at the moment," Fenwick said yesterday. "It's about the same things, money has not been paid and contracts not honoured."

There have also been rumours linking Fenwick with Super League club Queen's Park.

Asked to confirm, Fenwick said: "It's all rumours."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Adam's Construction sponsors San Juan Jabloteh
« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2011, 04:41:57 AM »
Adam's Construction sponsors San Juan Jabloteh.
T&T Express Reports.

THE reigning Trinidad and Tobago FA Trophy champions will be known as Adam's Construction San Juan Jabloteh when they run out for the 2011-2012 T&T Pro League season.

This was announced yesterday at a media conference in St Clair.

San Juan Jabloteh chairman Gerry Hospedales announced that the club had secured a title sponsor in Adam's Project Management and Construction Limited.

Jabloteh have a three-year relationship with their new sponsors, who replace former sponsors CLICO, the insurance giant which fell into financial difficulty a couple years ago.

Jabloteh have also forged relationships with TSTT and First Citizens, who will also sponsor the East club at various levels.

"We want to thank Adam's Construction for allowing their company to be identified with the upliftment of underprivileged communities in the East," Hospedales said.

Hospedales also thanked former major sponsor CLICO for partnering with the club for 16 years, until financial circumstances dictated otherwise. He said Jabloteh were greatly affected by the loss of CLICO sponsorship.

"They felt that in the circumstances the sponsorship was difficult to sustain," Hospedales said of the parting with CLICO. "But the good thing is that we were given transitional financing."

When looking for a new deal, Hospedales said Jabloteh looked for one main sponsor, in addition to several supplemental sponsors, because it was felt that in the current financial climate it was unlikely that any one sponsor would take on a similar role to CLICO.

And Hospedales said, even now, they are still looking for additional sponsors to help them achieve local and regional goals.
Jabloteh gets new sponsors.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

Cash-strapped T&T Pro League club, San Juan Jabloteh will now be officially known as Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh, at least for the next three years.

This was stated by the club’s chairman, Jerry Hospedales at the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Adam’s Project Management and Construction and Jabloteh at a media launch held at the residence of one of the club’s directors, Wilfred Espinet at  #1 Mary Street, St Clair, yesterday.

The new major investors in the club will take over from Colonial Life Insurance Company Limited (Clico) which discontinued the sponsorhip of the club after 16 years, in September 2010, following the collapse of the major insurance company.

While he did not disclose the value of the three-year deal, Hospedales commended the owner of the ten-year-old company, Imtiyaz Adam for his decision to identify with the uplifting of the underprivileged communities of the East-West corridor.

In addition, First Citizens Bank (platinum) and TSTT (silver) are also on board as sponsors of the San Juan-based club while others have given reasonable assurances.

Despite the support for the club, Hospedales said  there was need for additional resources if the club was to maintain its historical competitiveness not only in domestic but also regional competitions.

“Success in all avenues of sport and culture requires all businesses with appropriate commitments to social responsibility to engage the communities of T&T on a sustained basis.

In drawing reference to clubs in the Concacaf region, Hospedales said members of the board had taken notice of the approach by clubs in Central America mainly on how they attracted and what kind of sponsors they acquired.

“In Central America there is no one sponsor that fulfil the needs of any club while there seems to be no problem with conflict of interests as well. Actually we saw one club being sponsored both by Coca-Cola and Pepsi on its jersey.

“We took notice of this and what mattered most is the development of the players. Hospedales stressed that in order for clubs from T&T to be competitive at the Concacaf Champions League level a budget of more than US$2million was needed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:44:57 AM by Flex »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Adam's Construction sponsors San Juan Jabloteh
« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »
So will they hire back Fenwich ??????

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 15, 2011, 05:36:43 AM »
This is excellent news!

Does anyone know what kind of revenue does qualifying for the Concacaf Champs League (i.e. making the group stages) generate?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 15, 2011, 06:26:51 AM »
Good news, and a stupid name, but Jabloteh have no choice.

I am sure it must have a better way to advertise for a sponsor....

Adam Construction San Juan Jabloteh - STEUPS....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
Good news, and a stupid name, but Jabloteh have no choice.

I am sure it must have a better way to advertise for a sponsor....

Adam Construction San Juan Jabloteh - STEUPS....

Jeez, what's in a name. beggars can't be choosers.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2011, 07:22:53 AM »
Modify the name to A.C. Jabloteh
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2011, 07:28:56 AM »
This is excellent news!

Does anyone know what kind of revenue does qualifying for the Concacaf Champs League (i.e. making the group stages) generate?

US$40,000 per match is the payment from concacaf.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2011, 07:40:31 AM »
Congrats to A.C. Jabloteh (Good call, CK1!) Its important to the Pro League development for clubs with some kind of history to remain in the league.

However, I'm hearing a lot of lip service being paid to "uplifting the community" lately, not just from Pro League clubs but from Super League and "community" football competitions. While intentions may be honourable, it should be noted that much, much more is required than just pumping out a slogan.

Sponsors are not really interested in football. There is no mileage in T&T. But it improves their PR if they can say they are contributing to community relations and development. If organisations proclaim their interest in their communities, yet actually do nothing, sponsors will soon realise that they're getting no mileage for their dollars and this funding will dry up.

Sponsorship must be accurately targeted. Its no mystery why DIRECTV sponsor North East.....there are 65,000 people in the region and no cable coverage. The name DIRECTV is now ingrained in the population with North East, so to a degree, DTV have received a return on their investment.

Football clubs must be more specific when targeting sponsors and produce a business case to show why the sponsor is a "good fit". Otherwise, every year they'll be chasing new sponsors.

Football is a business and should be treated as such.

I am hoping to see an organised community programme from A.C.Jabloteh to reward the investment of their sponsor.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 15, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »

Quote from: Trinidad Express
Fenwick taking Jabloteh to court

It's official. Coach Terry Fenwick is no longer with Trinidad and Tobago FA Trophy champions San Juan Jabloteh.
Yesterday, the club announced they had parted company with the Englishman for the second time.
When contacted, Fenwick said he could not speak in detail on the matter since it may be heading for the court.

"It's with lawyers at the moment," Fenwick said yesterday. "It's about the same things, money has not been paid and contracts not honoured."
There have also been rumours linking Fenwick with Super League club Queen's Park. Asked to confirm, Fenwick said: "It's all rumours."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Fenwick_taking_Jabloteh_to_court-119895369.html
probably not  ;)

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2011, 10:11:09 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Victoria concordia crescit

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »

Quote from: Trinidad Express
Fenwick taking Jabloteh to court

There have also been rumours linking Fenwick with Super League club Queen's Park. Asked to confirm, Fenwick said: "It's all rumours."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Fenwick_taking_Jabloteh_to_court-119895369.html
probably not  ;)

Terry Fenwick was on TV this morning talking about his law suit against Jabloteh.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Maybe you may like AC San Juan instead ;D ...that will help keep the community attached. ::)
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
What if the sponsor wants the entire name and not Athletic Club. They paying the money they calling the shots. Sponsors come, sponsors go. San Juan Jabloteh name will remain. Next thing some people will want them to drop the name Jabloteh. Adams Consttruction is just fine for me.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »
I hear yuh Deeks, but you're not considering the marketing or media impact. It was enough trouble with CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh, (10 syllables) and even DIRECTV North East Stars is a mouthful. (7 syllables).

Adams Construction San Juan Jabloteh is back to 10 syllables. Media and people will have to abbreviate. Look how Manchester United is abbreviated from only 6 syllables to Man Utd (4) or even Man U (2) or Barcelona (4) to Barca (2)

A.C. San Juan Jabloteh (7) would be the most suitable to satisfy Adams and the community.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2011, 04:38:08 PM »
I will say Jabloteh. The media people will do what they have to do. That is the least of Jabloteh worries. If the company agree with AC, that is fine. I will always say Jabloteh. And everybody else will say jabloteh.I doubt they can sue us for not useing Adams Contruction.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Good thread. Plenty education obtainable in this topic. Please keep on posting fellahs. Ah jess absorbin'.   "2 million US dullahs to be competitive at Champions league" .... Very interesting.  :thinking:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2011, 09:35:07 PM »
Very good news :thumbsup: A.C. San Juan has a nice ring to it.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 15, 2011, 10:26:52 PM »
Good thread. Plenty education obtainable in this topic. Please keep on posting fellahs. Ah jess absorbin'.   "2 million US dullahs to be competitive at Champions league" .... Very interesting.  :thinking:

I guess is about 2 million if your team team progress all the way. Travel cost and hotels to Central Amer. and US not easy. Maybe they can use Redjet!!!!Remember  to go Central Amer. most flights go all the way to Miami and back down to C.Amer.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2011, 05:53:34 AM »
Where de "Jabloteh" come from?  ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
Where de "Jabloteh" come from?  ???

Ah devil/oil bird dat lives in de Aripo caves

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2011, 07:31:51 AM »

I guess is about 2 million if your team team progress all the way. Travel cost and hotels to Central Amer. and US not easy. Maybe they can use Redjet!!!!Remember  to go Central Amer. most flights go all the way to Miami and back down to C.Amer.

Take Copa and go through Panama...Miami only really cost effective for Mexico methinks
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>