April 29, 2024, 10:42:46 AM

Author Topic: 'Sheva and Ballack will not be sold' - Kenyon  (Read 1164 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'Sheva and Ballack will not be sold' - Kenyon
« on: May 20, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »
'Sheva and Ballack will not be sold' - Kenyon.
Soccernet.com.

LONDON, May 20 (Reuters) - FA Cup winners Chelsea expect to sell three players in the close season but they will not include Andriy Shevchenko or Michael Ballack, the club's chief executive said on Sunday.
'It's not going to happen (selling Shevchenko and Ballack). We brought both these players in for three, four years, we didn't bring them in for a season and we knew fully well what their capabilities are and their prospects,' Kenyon told BBC radio.
'I'm confident they're going to be here as big players with Chelsea next season.'
Ukraine striker Shevchenko, who joined Chelsea from AC Milan for 30 million pounds, and Germany's former Bayern Munich midfielder Ballack have failed to live up to expectations in the league, although both played roles in Chelsea's FA Cup run.
'They feel they have a lot more to give. It takes time to settle in,' said Kenyon. 'They're two fantastic professionals and I think it's an exciting prospect to see those two guys on top of their game for us next season.
Kenyon added that the club wanted to bring three or four players into a Chelsea squad that struggled to cope with a series of long-term injuries this season.
'I think we're in the region of moving three out and bringing three or four in,' he said.
'I don't think we'll have big-name signings because I don't think we need it. We're looking for some cover for central defence, midfield and a striker.'
Kenyon also expected contract negotiations with England internationals John Terry and Frank Lampard to be completed in the near future.
'We want Frank to stay, Frank clearly said yesterday he wants to stay and that's always a great basis for getting a contract finalised.'
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 'Sheva and Ballack will not be sold' - Kenyon
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »
Feliziano, ah hope u don't make the same mistake next Fantasy League season  ;D
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:23:26 PM »
Steups! ::)

Kenyon must say dat. How he go admit to de board and fans dat dey just waste about £60M on two players who eh doing nothing better than half de players in de EPL?

Everybody done see, dem two buss big time!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »
YEP..they will not be sold
They will simply be given away...for free ;)

For real though...give them one more season. I feel they will come good..particularly Shevas

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »
Feliziano, ah hope u don't make the same mistake next Fantasy League season  ;D
well ah went with Sheva cause ah honestly didnt expect Drogba to actually perform so well..he didnt impress me in his first season so i thought he wouldntve made the grade this year..boy was i wrong  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>