March 28, 2024, 03:36:41 PM

Author Topic: A grand old duke of Yorke...  (Read 3988 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A grand old duke of Yorke...
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:41:22 AM »
A grand old duke of Yorke...
By James Hunter and Ian Rosser (The Sunday Sun)

Veteran Dwight Yorke admits he is as excited as a 19-year-old debutant at the prospect of playing in the Premiership next season.

Yorke has made almost 350 top-flight appearances and scored more than 120 goals for Aston Villa, Manchester United, Blackburn and Birmingham.

But the Sunderland midfielder, who will turn 36 in November, is desperate for another crack at the Premiership after a two-year absence.

The former Trinidad & Tobago international said: "It's everybody's dream, whether you are 36 or 19 it doesn't make any difference - there's only one league to be playing in and that's the Premiership.

"I'm as excited as everybody else, I can assure you.

"Obviously, I have a lot of experience behind me in terms of playing in the Premiership and I know what to expect.

"I feel like I am in good nick and that I still have something left in the tank and I'm looking forward to seeing how I get on in the Premiership again.

"At the moment I am confident that I can still play at that level and do the necessary.

"It gives me a lot of encouragement that I played against the very best players that England has to offer in the World Cup last summer with Trinidad & Tobago, and I stood up against those guys even at my age so I am looking forward to it."

Yorke left the Premiership in 2005 when he moved on from Birmingham to join Australian A-League outfit Sydney FC.

But when Roy Keane took over on Wearside, one of his first moves was to bring his former Old Trafford team-mate Yorke back from Down Under.

Yorke signed a two-year contract with Sunderland and, after helping the Black Cats win automatic promotion, he is looking forward to playing a part in helping the club adjust to the Premiership.

He said: "I'm looking forward to the second year of my contract. I see no reason why I wouldn't want to see it out.

"It's a different ball game up there in the Premiership, but hopefully I will be around to try and help the young players make the step up.

"These are exciting times for the club and it's great to be part of that.

"So, unless I am told otherwise, I would love to play in the Premiership with Sunderland next season."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A grand old duke of Yorke...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 07:04:21 AM »
Do I perceive a Sir Dwight Yorke in the making ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
more like ah pappyshow (no fault of yorke,mind you).....is the same story written 2oo ways...alfight ahready...maybe Lasana could show dem fellas how to put some real Tobago, and back ground in the ting, instaed ah jus changing words order, and slapping ah "read me headline"

add: starting to sound like ah ad. Watch out !
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:53:40 PM by maxg »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 09:18:05 AM »
Cheers  :beermug: :beermug: Yorkie.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »

I was  about to say that this is the first article from The Sun newspaper, that I had seen, that seemed normal and did not involve the usual tabloid topics, and give them a little praise to.   But according to wikipedia The Sunday Sun is a tabloid that is not related to the Sun.

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 07:43:08 PM »
Nice to see the number of tributes being paid to Yorkie... seems like he was a real inspiration to the club

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »
yea boy jai....i could see dat one
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 08:38:09 PM »
Paging Andre, anybody see him? Please tell him tuh read dis report from Mr. Yorke. If ah not mistaking ah believe is Andre dat said Yorke doh have de legs fuh de EPL, Andre if is not you, I apologise. Well if it is not u, well it is  probably JDB. Ah will have to tuh make time and go back tuh de past post tuh make sure. :devil: ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Big up De ALLIANCE - Miami - 5/27/07.

Bounty Killer, Movado, Busy Signal and de rest ah de crew.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:17:37 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline king carlos

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 02:59:20 PM »
Sunderland fan here I don't think Yorke will have the legs for the Premier but he has the experience to help the younger players on. He has done well for our club. Not on the pitch all the time but he has had his moments like helping us to sign Carlos.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »
King Carlos....yuh going to eat dem words....member meh tell yuh.  Alex Fergurson say Yorkie was de fittest man on Manu Side when he was dere, Sydney FC coach say Yorke was de fittest man when he was dere, Blackburn say Yorkie was de fittest man when he was dere, I aint hear what Roy Keane say yet, but yuh really feel ah 80% from Yorkie next season is not enough for de premiership...come on man Carlos......Yorke have 9 more premiership to go still

Ah done talk

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
I strongly think Yorke will play often and even get some goals...Yorke is a tank and keeps himself fit as a pro should.

Larsson, Andy Cole, Gary Speed, Bergkamp...if they could do it Yorke more than could

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 05:31:28 PM »
Sunderland fan here I don't think Yorke will have the legs for the Premier but he has the experience to help the younger players on. He has done well for our club. Not on the pitch all the time but he has had his moments like helping us to sign Carlos.
King Carlos, doh mess on urself. Yorke has too much pride not to show up on a Premiership pitch. As soon as u knows he cant do it again he will hang his boots up. If he does play next season you will be singing his praises...

Offline king carlos

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 03:52:55 AM »
don't get me wrong he is a good player but i feel he won't play every game next season. he is vital to the team not just as a player but as a mentor. he has helped with the development of grant leadbitter and the recovery of dean whiteheads form. I relly hope i'm eating those words about him not having the legs.

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 05:33:52 AM »
I guess i understand where your coming from. This tim around he really need to ease up on the extra activities off the field cuz the english game is very different when ur 35...it can be very unforgiving.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 06:49:24 AM »
I guess i understand where your coming from. This tim around he really need to ease up on the extra activities off the field cuz the english game is very different when ur 35...it can be very unforgiving.

Lawd man.  Yorke eh prove nuff people wrong (includin me) in de past wit dat off de field lyrics? 

If is anybody know he capabilities best is Dwight Yorke.  Probably the most professional athlete T&T has ever produced.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »

Lawd man.  Yorke eh prove nuff people wrong (includin me) in de past wit dat off de field lyrics? 

If is anybody know he capabilities best is Dwight Yorke.  Probably the most professional athlete T&T has ever produced.

No Brother ...Mr./Senator Ato Boldon by a mile !!!!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »

KC, welcome tuh de forum. Ah like de points yuh made on Yorke  :beermug:. However, we here believe de breddah will have de legs fuh de EPL, wid dat said, Keane will definitely have tuh rest him for some games, tuh save his legs, cuz he definitely cannot go de entire season without some rest, cuz we all know de breddah age, dat is no secret to us. But when he is on de field, we fell dat he will give a very good account of himself and assist de team some way or de other. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Big up De ALLIANCE - Miami - 5-27/07

Bounty Killer, Movado, Busy Signal and de rest ah de crew. If yuh doh like de ALLIANCE, yuh know what tuh do.......
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 05:10:08 PM »
Yorkie will do good. De championship hustle actually is not de best place fuh aging legs like Yorkie's. EPL will be better for Yorkie as is less wildness and more reliance on skill  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »
King Carlos, doh mess on urself. Yorke has too much pride not to show up on a Premiership pitch. As soon as u knows he cant do it again he will hang his boots up. If he does play next season you will be singing his praises...

Papasmurf,  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:. Dat is de same word (Pride) ah use in ah past post, de people here know Yorke, and yet still dey have doubts in dey mind, why? Although KC have some points in his post, de no legs thing, ah not going tuh agree wid anybody on dat. People think about it again, yuh really feel Yorke will embarrass himself in de EPL, after all yuh hear de man said openly tuh de public, dat he looking forward tuh returning tuh de EPL? Hello..... HIGHLY BLESSED.

Big up De ALLIANCE - Miami - 5/27/07.

Bounty Killer, Movado, Busy Signal and de rest ah de crew. If yuh doh like de ALLIANCE, yuh know what tuh do...
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>