April 28, 2024, 01:00:04 PM

Author Topic: Toronto FC bringing in Collin Samuel for Trial  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Toronto FC bringing in Collin Samuel for Trial
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »
Just saw it on Rogers SPortsnet

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto FC bringing in Collin Samuel for Trial
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:19:49 AM »
Ha i dont support that move sammy is in his prime he sHould try the championship WHY THE MLS NOW ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:36:13 AM by DWarriorMan »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:20:04 AM »
lol boy yuh type faster than me, i just post it...i go delete mines

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:22:09 AM »

yeah boy I come to post it as soon as I heard...did they sign him or is it a trial?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:22:28 AM »

yeah boy I come to post it as soon as I heard...did they sign him or is it a trial?
trial
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 10:23:37 AM »

trial

shouldn't be a problem for him in a fledgling MLS side

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »
 :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Going to de North American league MLS, have meh a li'l concerned dread. Toronto is a nice place though. Sammy boy, just take yuh time and plan yuh business with good advisors eh. Doh study we. Is you and yuh family to geh bread on de table and pay off any loans an' ting.

Even more brilliant, an' ah bet allyuh eh think of dis, the trial is a good way to keep match fit in case Wim call at de last second after Jackula fall on he swords and give in. Yes I !  While this blacklist-player impasse drags on on Jackula sweet time, keeping our camp scheduling and team selection delayed, all ballers must keep in top condition as it go be a last minute rush for the Gold Cup games and it eh have NO TIME for men to be overweight, having to lose 10 pounds before getting strategy training.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:30:58 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »
Do you guys think it would be a good move for Colin Samuel who some believe is in the peak of his career to play in the MLS with Toronto?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
Do you guys think it would be a good move for Colin Samuel who some believe is in the peak of his career to play in the MLS with Toronto?

if he plays well, he will have a good chance to go to europe or the uk, bc it seems he is having a hard time gettin 2 england and other places...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:18 AM »
Why would he move from scotland to here is the money so poor there ...isnt he married to a scottish lass?

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:20 PM »
a move to toronto has it's pros and cons...but look at it this way....if de man sign here and light it up..it won't be long till a big team come knocking..being a goal scoring poster boy in toronto right now will be a good thing for any player..because it will have that cinderella story around it...' such and such player helped new epansion team toronto f.c in their 1st ever play offs with ex amount amount of goals this season'..who knows yuh never know.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »
da scot missus eh going no toronto....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »
Why not?

MLS is a nascent league that is finally coming into it's own...men on here love tuh down cry it...down cry anything American really...but truth is this opportunity presents him a better (if not bigger) stage on which to advertise his talents.  MLS helped Stern so I don't see why it wouldn't help another proven goal-scorer.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 05:05:19 PM »
Is not that B n S. We worry about recent understandings on this board that the MLS traps players so that when they are ready to move to the continent they could never get out and are stuck by MLS contractual technicalities. Stern was lucky to get out. Word out was that the salaries were disappointingly low too. Anyway a good job is a good job and if yuh happy and yuh family happy then that's what really matters. I await more info though.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
This is taken from the Toronto FC Supporters' Website. Fans' comments can be seen below de article in the link. Some intrigued, some skeptical:

http://www.gotorontofc.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=245

TFC gives Samuel trial

The more things change the more things stay the same. Despite their recent victory, a energenic aggressive match, over the Chicago Fire. Mo Johnston continues to tinker with his squad to find the perfect compliment for the core of players in red, white and grey.

Trinidad & Tobago International Player Collin Samuel is being given a trial with TFC. Just this past summer, Samuel represented his country well in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
Playing for Dundee United in the Scottish Premier League this past season, Samuel started 26 league matches and made 10 sub appearances. Samuel found the back of the onion bag 5 times this year, 8 times in the 2005/2006 campain. Perhaps his best year was back in the 2002/2003 season with Falkirk, Collin made 42 appearances for the Bairns and netted 16 goals. Most memorable though, was his marvelous hat trick against Hearts in the 2003 Scottish Cup.

The experienced and flashy forward has made 17 international apperances for T&T, scoring 3 goals and impressing many with his pace and first touch.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »
Good research work dey Grande. Allyuh good oui. Making rehgular newspaypah irrelevant dread  ;D

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »
Good research work dey Grande. Allyuh good oui. Making rehgular newspaypah irrelevant dread  ;D

Well I take this from de Supporters' website. It eh mention anything official, what they say there is pretty much an elaboration of what I see this morning on TV.

So I go wait till de regular newspapers tuh count this as official  ;)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 07:56:18 PM »
Nah man dat go be a goat move fuh he......... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
All I have to say pleezeeeeeeeeeee don't gooooooooooo way backward step
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 06:27:31 AM »
Sammy should go to a Championship League side.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »
He contract over  or Dundee dont want him again? even if that would be a giant step backwards :(

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »
Contract over and Dundee doh really want him (or at least not fuh de same money). So... unless somebody else looking to pay de man, Toronto might be de best move in truth!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 07:51:20 AM »
Hector Samuel is now available. Bring more Warriors on board and ah flying down for games in July.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 08:40:35 AM »
Well he had to cross the border fust...........Immigartion Canada is a set of ming pilings dread...........turn the back dread so...... ::)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »
Well he had to cross the border fust...........Immigartion Canada is a set of ming pilings dread...........turn the back dread so...... ::)

RasI you predict that or what...look more headache for Sammy...boy I hope he find a club you know  :(

Access denied
Immigration says no to TFC
By DEAN MCNULTY -- Sun Media

Toronto FC coach Mo Johnston must wait and watch while Collin Samuel most likely will take his offensive skills elsewhere.

Toronto FC finally won on the pitch in its inaugural Major League Soccer season but suffered a loss at the hands of Canada Customs and Immigration officials.

Two days after Toronto beat Chicago, coach Mo Johnston yesterday was set to announce the signing of Dundee United star Collin Samuel. But the 25-year-old striker was denied entry to Canada.

It was the third time immigration officials have thrown an obstacle at Johnston.

Previous TFC players who had to detour around road blocks at immigration were Abbe Ibrahim, from the West Africa nation of Togo and Danny Dichio, of England.

Both eventually were allowed to play, but for Samuel -- a native of Trinidad and Tobago -- it marked the end of his quest to don the red shirt for TFC.

"We had the blessing of his club (Dundee) and he was looking forward to playing here," Johnston said. "I'm really disappointed that immigration won't let another player in."

Johnston said he could not explain why Canadian immigration officials have taken such a hard stand in this case.

"He was just denied entry, which I don't understand," Johnston said.

"He's married to a British girl. Aren't we all supposed to be part of the Commonwealth? I could have got him into America easier."

Now Johnston must wait and watch while Samuel most likely will take his offensive skills -- he was Dundee's leading scorer last season -- to another MLS club.
  :cursing:

"There are six or seven (MLS) teams after him, but we were first on board," Johnston said. "We invited him here to see the game (against Houston Dynamo tomorrow at BMO Field) to see the atmosphere. It would have been an ideal situation."

Johnston got a second dose of bad news on the international front yesterday when New Zealand national coach Ricki Herbert recalled TFC defender Andrew Boyens for pre-World Cup qualifying matches against Wales on May 26 and again on June 6 against Ukraine.

The coach was none too happy to hear he would be losing his rookie defender for two weeks of friendlies.

"I don't have a comment right now," Johnston said. "I'll deal with it when it happens."

As for Boyens, he said he was happy to be asked to play for his country.

"It's always an honour to play on the national side," Boyens said. "This will be an audition for me to make the team when qualifying starts for real in the fall."

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:52:18 AM by Grande »

1]; } ?>