April 17, 2024, 08:52:16 PM

Author Topic: Are we victims of TTFF propaganda?  (Read 3484 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Are we victims of TTFF propaganda?
« on: September 16, 2006, 03:36:08 PM »
First read the following article and see the sense of expectation and superiority which some placed on England. Next contextualized this to our own situation.

http://worldcup.goal.com/enus/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=87670

NOW substitute all that and put TTFF at the core of our propaganda machine

I read the following article recently and I  pondered about our own situation in TNT. How much faith could we continue to put  in the direction our football program seems to be going?  Following the world cup experience, we have been led to believe that with the appointment of a new coach ( reflect again on how this decision came about while the team was in Germany), and some  hastily posted schedules of games and plans for our football program, that we would be moving in a progressive fashion.

Once  more we would be the football priates of the Caribbean, robbing all who come alongside us. Not so, at least not yet. Respectability among our regional and CONCACAF rivals does not come easily. With one international friendly completed, the experiment with local players apparently is over. The talk of upcoming friendlies seems to be clouded in a veil of lies, deceptions and endless propoganda to placate the hungeriing die hearts who yearn for the days of  football glory. Is it time for us to cast off this world cup 'hang over' and taste the reality and  senseless stupor of where we are right now with our national team program?

Questions:

Are we better off because we have players  plying their trade in Europe? And should we believe that no matter what, our national team will always have  at its core players who are  playing outside TNT because those leagues are superior to our own and our players abroad are above the local standard  ?

What style/system of play have we  or are we developing for our national team? will it be good enough for us to be in South Africa in 2010?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 07:24:03 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Are we victims of TTFF propaganda?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »
eheh look ah shorten it up; man could now read  and respond.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:46:49 AM »
Alberta, mankind here doh want to face reality.

Apart from Dwight Yorke we doh have one player that can compete effectively with the world best.

Dunne in his article said it best!

"As they say, "Never say never" and "It's not over 'til the fat lady sings." So true. The Germans' die-another-day attitude saw them progress against a potent foe: Argentina. The better team talent-wise did not win, but the team with fortitude and heart won the day."
Man like TI like tuh talk about skill ans flair and natural ability.

Fact is we are often exposed as woefully too slow when we meet even CONCACAF big wigs, CR, Mexico and USA.

Add the extremely small talent pool we have to draw from and you see that we are behind the power curve.

There are ways we can develop and improve though and it wh have nutten to do with players playing overseas.  We need to have GREAT coaches at the grassroots level.

we need to start PROPERLY coaching youths from small the fundamentals of the game, we need to emphasize education and tactical wareness.

COACHING is de key!  EDUCATION is de key!

Den we need proper and ethical leadership at the national level dat is de TTFF!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 10:40:54 AM »
ah don't think we could compare an article writtten bout ah situation in England an extend or compare to anything football in T&T, the only comparison is the ball is round...
though ah man shit does stink on the other end of the world, and ah man in T&T shit does smell just as stink, there are worlds in difference in the way they live, operate, deal, think, cultures....ah poops is not ah poops...
Make yuh own analysis(to be honest, ah have niether the time nor desire- like many), see how TTFF and T&T get to this point, see why, see what they must do to operate, see under which circumstances they fail, and what circumstances might be necessary for success, then suggest what must be done to improve the operations, financing, productions etc...and then send it to the people who are in a position to do something, Jack Warner, Oliver Camps, LP....ah guess yuh could run it by we, before, if only for proof reading..etc..explain us why they should listen to your plan, and not Sam's, or maxg''s or bout 1000 other ppl....Let say they really want to operate on the Up now, as we know they wasn't doing dat for the last 20 yrs, and we reach World cup in this lifetime, so what is your plan gauranteed to do....develop foot ball in T&T, probably get more Scholarships, more foreign contracts..... therefore migration of the better local players that the plan developed, leaving again weaker players...and what would have changed, in selection......if the plan is to get to World Cup again, then what are you changing, we already got their by luck, hasekara, and wranglings....not no plan, so a plan go change that....hmmmnnn....maybe...just maybe,,,the plan for T&T should not really revolve around football at all....maybe it's like that for many countries...hmmmnnn....ah go have to leave this puzzle to you and just support yes..sorry....nah ah not apologizing for backin meh teams, you or meh ppl
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 10:45:28 AM by maxg »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 02:45:03 PM »
Truetrini,Maxg i want to commend you guys for some very good interesting insights/views on the state of our Football,i still think the problem is to try and come up with a plan that suits T&T,Football in T&T will never be the same if all our best Senior and Junior players are sent abroad,i know what ppl going to say about that but what plan can we put in place if we don't have players available when we need them. 

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 03:07:05 PM »
Alberta, mankind here doh want to face reality.

Apart from Dwight Yorke we doh have one player that can compete effectively with the world best.

Dunne in his article said it best!

"As they say, "Never say never" and "It's not over 'til the fat lady sings." So true. The Germans' die-another-day attitude saw them progress against a potent foe: Argentina. The better team talent-wise did not win, but the team with fortitude and heart won the day."
Man like TI like tuh talk about skill ans flair and natural ability.

Fact is we are often exposed as woefully too slow when we meet even CONCACAF big wigs, CR, Mexico and USA.

Add the extremely small talent pool we have to draw from and you see that we are behind the power curve.

There are ways we can develop and improve though and it wh have nutten to do with players playing overseas. We need to have GREAT coaches at the grassroots level.

we need to start PROPERLY coaching youths from small the fundamentals of the game, we need to emphasize education and tactical wareness.

COACHING is de key! EDUCATION is de key!

Den we need proper and ethical leadership at the national level dat is de TTFF!

ah don't think we could compare an article writtten bout ah situation in England an extend or compare to anything football in T&T, the only comparison is the ball is round...
though ah man shit does stink on the other end of the world, and ah man in T&T shit does smell just as stink, there are worlds in difference in the way they live, operate, deal, think, cultures....ah poops is not ah poops...
Make yuh own analysis(to be honest, ah have niether the time nor desire- like many), see how TTFF and T&T get to this point, see why, see what they must do to operate, see under which circumstances they fail, and what circumstances might be necessary for success, then suggest what must be done to improve the operations, financing, productions etc...and then send it to the people who are in a position to do something, Jack Warner, Oliver Camps, LP....ah guess yuh could run it by we, before, if only for proof reading..etc..explain us why they should listen to your plan, and not Sam's, or maxg''s or bout 1000 other ppl....Let say they really want to operate on the Up now, as we know they wasn't doing dat for the last 20 yrs, and we reach World cup in this lifetime, so what is your plan gauranteed to do....develop foot ball in T&T, probably get more Scholarships, more foreign contracts..... therefore migration of the better local players that the plan developed, leaving again weaker players...and what would have changed, in selection......if the plan is to get to World Cup again, then what are you changing, we already got their by luck, hasekara, and wranglings....not no plan, so a plan go change that....hmmmnnn....maybe...just maybe,,,the plan for T&T should not really revolve around football at all....maybe it's like that for many countries...hmmmnnn....ah go have to leave this puzzle to you and just support yes..sorry....nah ah not apologizing for backin meh teams, you or meh ppl

Both of you make some very valid points, but making a statement proclaiming that we do not have any other dwights is not a fair statement. We have an abundance of talent in and outside of Trinidad and Tobago. Getting the talent together or getting the entire local based into a better institution for football and education is what we are lacking in TT. The transition stage from youth football to senior level football is absent from our culture. It often stops at Intercol which to many is a stage where footballers feel they made it, when in fact their journey has just begun. The ttff is adding to the dielemma because youth football needs more investment, in the areas of primary and high school football. However I see the point where you both are getting at, the TTFF is promising another qualification but not the long term investment to sustain a system of continued success. Having trained and qualified coaches on all levels should be their aim, their rhyme or reason. It should have areas where we see improvement in our youth football and it starts from u6 to u21 where this is the crucial stage where a footballer gains his tactical awareness that tt has pointed out and also his skills and mental aptitude for the game of football.

The propagande machine alberta is speaking about only covers wool over people's eyes who refuse to see the deficiencies of the system itself. We need to address the youth system before we address the senior team, bc it seems to be a temporary fix. However it is also up to the government to come forward and aid in the advancement of sport, as a whole both parties need to conform to eachother if progress is to be made.

But I will say again, the talent that I have seen in and out of Trinidad, can be compared to the best in the world, despite our small pool of players, but one must not forget our diaspora is another area which is highly untapped by the TTFF and also a well structured system from u6 to u21. It is amazing how we have managed despite our flaws...

God is de BOSS..

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 03:09:14 PM »
Truetrini,Maxg i want to commend you guys for some very good interesting insights/views on the state of our Football,i still think the problem is to try and come up with a plan that suits T&T,Football in T&T will never be the same if all our best Senior and Junior players are sent abroad,i know what ppl going to say about that but what plan can we put in place if we don't have players available when we need them.

what I have been saying for the past 7 years, we need a sports academy for football, centred around football and education..

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:40:07 AM »

what I have been saying for the past 7 years, we need a sports academy for football, centred around football and education..

Yep.....ah more convinced now after Haiti was one of the most feared teams (if not the most) at de U16 tournament just concluded.....dey supposed to be de poorest nation in de Western Hemishphere but dey have a football academy I'm told and hence dey players are able to function like a well oiled machine on de field....
Things that make you go hhhmmmm.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 07:22:46 AM »
I dont think there is anyone left in world football who hasnt been exposed to TTFF's propaganda.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 11:08:57 AM »
I am not confident that an academy run by the TTFF will work. I believe that the clubs should create academies, they will do a much better job at player development - simply because the clubs have much more to gain from developing quality, well rounded talent.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 11:32:46 AM »
What is the difference between an Academy and a Coaching School don't they set out to accomplish the same goals?having said that from my knowledge it seems like we have a bunch of Coaching Schools in T&T run by a lot of influential guys even Ron La has one,where are the players that these schools producing?

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 12:23:49 PM »
Alberta,

The situation the article is talking about is completely different that the T&T situation. There will always be hype around England and there teams. That is why anyone who sees the odds when Euro and World Cup tournaments will see the odds favouring them over teams like France, Spain and Italy.

We in T&T except for this year have never had a hype machine. I mean we hype around tournaments but nothing like this.

The only thing that T&T can do is develop talent the way France, Spain and Italy do it. It takes a determined effort and will to get it done. 
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »
Fellas,
Ah know the situation is different but  just for once could we not see that maybe we the people are being subjected to so much propaganda  and  no one seems to have the will nor the know how to change the machinary which is driving the said propaganda.

Here are the questions which I put forth?

Are we better off because we have players  plying their trade in Europe? And should we believe that no matter what, our national team will always have  at its core, players who are  playing outside TNT because those leagues are superior to our own and our players abroad are above the local standard  ?

What style/system of play have we  or are we developing for our national team? will it be good enough for us to be in South Africa in 2010?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:03:58 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 08:02:24 PM »
my personal answers to your questions below...not THE answers...Me not know seer man to say, what will and what won't work...but my thoughts still

Fellas,
Ah know the situation is different but  just for once could we not see that maybe we the people are being subjected to so much propaganda  and  no one seems to have the will nor the know how to change the machinary which is driving the said propaganda.

[b]Ah really don't see where the propaganda comment come into play. Is either we have the personnel or we don't ? If we don't, the TTFF job is to do whatever they could regardless of what they have to work with, the only people who would be fooling themselves is the fans who believe we have more tha there is. No propaganda there, maybe more self delusion.
If we do, and TTFF is doing there job and saying we do, and hirings of such people as Whim, Beenie or anyone else who saying we don't, then again we, the fans and the TTFF deluding ourselves by saying they don't know what they talkin bout.
If we do, and Whim etc.. saying we do, and we saying we do, and when we go out there we suddenly realize we don't, then the propaganda exist, but as far as I know the latter isn't the case.
[/i][/b]Here are the questions which I put forth?
Are we better off because we have players  plying their trade in Europe?
No. Similar to the brain drain issues of the sixties, there is a football skill drain, when you have, more so than the pros, over 150 student athletes playing abroad. (Imagine if possible 100  played in the local league, how it would benefit)
And should we believe that no matter what, our national team will always have  at its core, players who are  playing outside TNT because those leagues are superior to our own and our players abroad are above the local standard  ?
[b]Yes, but not because of the few players we have playing in the outside leagues, but the majority of our players playing in the under-developed leagues at present, and the lack of developmental competition, due to the migration of a significanr amout of student athletes. Like a barrell of apples, if you remove most of the best ones, the rest of the barrel would degrade at a faster rate, contrary to removal of most of the bad apples, to reduce the rate of rot. Yet what incentives are there to keep our best people home ?[/b]

What style/system of play have we  or are we developing for our national team? Coaches education, not just knowledge of the game, but social and psycological aspects of the game and adapting to the social structure of the Islands, the Region and the world....e.g. Cyar train in T&T how man train in England or Mexico, due to socio-economic, environmental and infrastrutural factors
 will it be good enough for us to be in South Africa in 2010?

[b]Don't know. Does anyone from the region (including Mexico) really does ? You can just hope the decisions made are the correct ones. Ah say Mexico, cause I not absolutely certain they can beat us come that time, provided that the right choices are made...IMO, it depends  on the people of T&T more than the few ppl in the TTFF..[/b]

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 11:57:15 AM »
Once more I ask that we consider the TTFF situation from all angles.

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 03:39:52 PM »
alberta trini this is a very interesting post ,even as we were drawing with sweden and pushing england to the limit our foot ball was dying with little if any structure the people trying to remedy it were thrown out .we are in a sad state i quote a trinbagonian last year when i was telling him going too the world cup was not going to raise the standard of our ball .but putting proper structures will ensure we are in every world cup .HE SHOUTED LOUDLY IN THE TYPICAL TRINITWANG"WE JUS WNT GO A WORLD CUP  LEF WE ALONE WE JUST WANT GO A WORLD CUP " WELL TRINIDA HAS GONE TO A WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 09:54:01 PM »
Have the structures been  revived, or simply resurrected? Until we make bold moves to put reputable personel in place and to hold those  in place to standards of accountability, the same tune playing for road march each year.

1]; } ?>