March 28, 2024, 03:42:34 AM

Author Topic: Building a framework for TNT Football  (Read 8424 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Building a framework for TNT Football
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
One of best reknown national icons, former prime minister and one of our greatest statesmen,
 Dr. Eric Williams, often spoke in the 60's about the  erosion of our nation due to what he termed 'Brain Drain.' I would like to take this analogy to describe our present state of football and suggest that our present system as it is, supports a
'football drain' of sorts. As our best players, no sooner do they shine on our soil, they are destined for foreign lands. This is no fault to the player, as one has to make a living, support a family and pursue a career. However, given this reality and given the lengthy discussions on restructuring our pro league and the framework to build our footbal programs with  coaching clinics, and instilling football  programs for the youths etc, I am proposing one more avenue. One which I think has been haphzardly attended to, but one which I believe may have merits for the reconstruction of our national team.

Year after year and with each WCQ year, we have seen the same challenges, and we have confronted the same adversarial conditions of foreign players avaliability versus weakened local players. I am suggestiing that we create a structure that may bridge and accomodate this situation.

As we watch  football unfold in TNT, it's about time we build better links and bridges to secure quality players for our national team. I am proposing that we look at acquiring the services or establishing a 'scout'/ liason who could meet with (TNT nationals or those who have the criteria) players, entice players and secure players  in Europe  and the USA to play for our national teams. Could we  not also  envision closer ties with U.K clubs, sending down players and scouts here to work in our pro leagues and we send players and coaches for stints in thier leagues? We should also look at establishing closer links with  players of TNT heritage in NORTH AMERICA.
Take a player like Shaka Hislop, whose  playing days maybe coming close to an end and who is established in England. He could serve as an ambassador of sorts to meet with players, scout players and offer them opportunities to play for TNT. Football camps for those players based in the U.K could be held in the U.K. to accomodate their schedule and to bring in players who may be interested in representing TNT.

I believe that in one sense, the reason that players who are TNT born but are opting  to try their chances with England, maybe due to this lack of proximal contact with an individual who is also aware of the demands of their schedule,  their style of play and the European scene. Let's not forget that some of our players get what in cultural terms is known as 'gone native' or europeanize; they may then acquire a sense of denial of their heritage, reject anything TNT in the pursuit of fitting in with their  so called  new 'mates' ( I say this tongue in cheek as yuh does hear how dem men this talk up dey in England.). I was in London last summer; man is real kicks!!!

This reculturalisation may have to be reinforced by having some one who could identify with their identity development and keep them grounded  with the notion that TNT could be a viable possibility for them to represent.

It's one thing to  walk up to a man  and ask if he is Trini and want tuh play fuh yuh team, it's another to have a common understanding of where that individual is coming from , to meet with him  and to lure him into the benefits of playing for TNT.

To leave it all up to a player to accept and to say  to heck with he if he eh want tuh play for we is one way in which we vent our frustration. I am proposing that we look at doing business differently and that foreign recruiting,  building bridges with foreign players and tracking players with TNT parentage, be a fulltime position an an extension of the TTFF.

I Know in the past we have sent our coaches to talk and meet with these players, but again not all of our coaches have had the 'lived' experience of these players. I see a player as Shaka fulfilling this role because of his ability to live in  this 'constructivist marganialize' role; That is one who has the Trinidad heritage, but has lived and is very knowledgeable of the U.K scene , played (at the higgest level), and represented TNT and one who in my humble opinion may be a qualified candidate to serve in this capacity.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 10:17:32 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: European Scout: Building a framework for TNT Football
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 10:17:18 AM »
At the end of the day the same old TTFF is there.. when the TTFF gets a serious overhaul..then possibly things can and will change.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 10:27:41 AM »
Alberta your post touched on quite a few points but I think we already have an explayer in England scouting for us. Ronnie Mauge..he is the one who unearthed Boucaud, Norville etc.

I think every country has a brain drain of footballers except mexico simply due to economics.....Players want the big money and will always be attracted to playing with better players. Its all about the opportunity.

Alberta check this why are you in Alberta?........Isnt it due to opportunities afforded to you that TT could not fulfill.

Also I dont want to generalise and paint all footballers in this light, but football is their talent...academics doe really be too high on their agenda and because of this they sometimes have nothing to fall back on thus when a big money deal come tru you have to strike while the iron is hot and go for the money.

In this day and age as bad as it might sound its all about the money...........it might sound bad but national pride ent paying for the block of cheese in hi-lo or the pan of crix.

In fact people in TT ent watching a former hero with respect or high esteem if they seeing hard times.........what they will do is say this.......gosh boy, look how hard times take him, look where he reach.

Also Alberta why would a player want to represent a nation that has little or no footballing pedigree by international stds?......Before anyone gets vex I am using the e.g England vs TT.  If you can make an england team you damn good and you dont need TT for anything.

So here is the solution.....start with the youth. Forget about having a total local side, not feasible you cant tell a man with potential he cyar go away to play for Arsenal, he will resent both you and the nation for holding him back so develop talent like bush.
Real talent send them from all 15 years or younger put them in the people academy and have them learn and develop with the best and when they go away they not playing for any team outside the Seria A, Premiership, La Liga etc.

So when they fly down to meet the big foreign coach and 3 days prep.we have full fledged pros who can trap, pass who are fit and who can follow instructions.

Something like Senegal........or many of the African teams.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 10:39:59 AM »
Touches,

I was not aware that Ronnie Mague was doing this work?  Do you know what his mandate is?
I see the point you are making about the youth development programs. I am very much in favour of the development and the  creation of a formidable local talent. That woud be the ultimate. To have a side developed at home that could play at he level and be successful on the world scene would answer many questions.

I am not negating that possibility, however, given the pattern we have over the years, we need to  do more to get the benefits of  our local programs which are responsible for developing some of these players who  are abroad playing. I am not advocating for the template which another caribbean country used but I  would just like to see if more can be done to have former nationals see TNT as an option for them to represent.

Hey as for my personal case; Let me say, I would be back in TNT today , tomorrow. IF my services were ever called for  inTNT, I would not hesitate to make it a place of choice to live nor to work.  Given the circumstances and choices. Just need that opportunity. Make no bones about it is dey ah from and is dey ah coming back tuh retire!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 11:20:45 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 11:21:31 AM »
Good to see the initiatives to develop and host a u15 tournament.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 05:16:41 PM »
All the more reason to build sustainable cultural  gaps to keep  players  attuned to cultural roots and to support their endeavours.

Culture shock causes failure 
By Tim Vickery 

Crespo says he almost gave up during his first spell at Chelsea

When Hernan Crespo cries depression then the Premiership has to reach for the valium.

His sadness goes some way to explain why South Americans, so decisive in other European leagues, have struggled to make the same impact in England.

Back at Stamford Bridge, the Argentine striker has revealed that he came close to quitting the game during his first spell at Chelsea.

His reasons had little to do with football and plenty to do with the sense of isolation that he felt away from the club.

To an astonishing degree he was left to his own devices in a country where he was unable to speak the language.

His most feared opponents were everyday encounters with the electrician who was coming round, the voice from the phone company on the other end of the line or the mechanic who was sorting out his car.

Crespo has scored more goals in World Cup qualifying than any other Argentine. He has been a consistent marksman in Italian club football. He may not be a great centre-forward but he is undoubtedly a very good one.

Chelsea bought Crespo the footballer - at massive expense - but forgot Crespo the human being. And because they failed to take care of him off the field, he was not in the right frame of mind to produce the goods on the field.

We tend to take Anglo-Saxon notions of personal independence for granted but it is an alien concept to many South Americans

Crespo's tale is all too typical of the experience of South American players in England.

Soon after Juan Pablo Angel joined Aston Villa his wife fell ill. He was astonished at the lack of support he received from the club. Agustin Delgado complained that he was never made to feel welcome at Southampton.

This is much more than mere homesickness.

In each case the player concerned had come to England after a successful spell in another country; Crespo in Italy, Angel in Argentina and Delgado in Mexico. In each case, though, the Latin players had been playing in other Latin countries.

But adapting to life in England is much more complicated.

We tend to take Anglo-Saxon notions of personal independence for granted but it is an alien concept to many South Americans.

They are used to helping and being helped out and can feel utterly lost when removed from their support structure.

If Premiership clubs want to get the best out of their South American acquisitions it is vital that they understand this process and put in place measures to ensure that the players are not left isolated.

Sometimes players bring their extended family over.

It can cause as many problems as it solves - they too may struggle to integrate and it ends up giving the player something else to worry about.

Crespo admits he almost quit 

Clubs often fix up a language teacher but this can be a dry and difficult relationship for people who, in many cases, have little formal education.

Elsewhere in Europe an important role is carried out by those South American players already based in the country.

The new man immediately finds himself part of a ready-made community who show him the ropes and ease his adaptation. This is much more difficult in England.

Work permit restrictions make it much harder for players to come in. There are hardly enough around to form a welcoming committee.

Perhaps more use could be made of ordinary South American citizens who are making their living in England. With their experience they can teach survival skills to a new arrival, while keeping him in touch with his native culture.

Maybe then instead of Crespo the depression clinics would be full of opposing defenders.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 05:25:35 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 05:34:08 PM »
Here is a very nice read about the man who will open doors for us in the U.K and set the  framework to make  future players  represent TNT.

http://www.nufc.com/html/hislop_caribbeanbeat.html

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 02:49:08 AM »
Is there no merit to such aproposal? Is it not worthy of some discussion?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 11:56:33 AM »
Still looking for a little discussion on this proposal. It's the intangibles; the less obvious people. Some  things we have not tried. Some are so obvious and some we just miss the boat on.
LET'S LEAVE NO STONE UNTURN IN THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE.

WAIT NUH ; AH ON MEH OWN WITH THIS THREAD?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 03:08:06 PM »
Funny thing; ah reading where the present coach talking about setting up a camp in Austria. Somebody listening or reading. ent ah talk all dat before?  dat being a camp in Europe?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 09:06:35 AM »
When do we begin the campaign for 2010? If other countries are on hot on the heels of  preparation, should we be giving some thought to this process?

see:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=11821.msg111930#msg111930
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:09:52 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Building a framework for TNT Football
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 10:19:03 AM »
check this out: Is our Center of Excellence  similar in it's operation?

National Training Centre - Questions & Answers
1. What is the NTC?

The National Training Centre is a player development program for players identified through the scouting system to produce international players who are comfortable with and understand what is required of them to perform successfully at the highest level. The NTC Program will provide a formative, structured path along which young players can move from an introduction to International Soccer at the age of 14 to International maturity between the ages of 18-20.

2. How are players scouted for the NTC Program?

The vast majority of players are identified through the Provincial Programs and the National All-Star Championships each year. Players will also be scouted during National Club Championships and through prominent tournaments. E.g. the Rocky Mountain Cup, Alberta; Tournament of Champions, B.C., Alient Cup in Atlantic Provinces.

3. If my son/daughter is not in the Provincial Program, how can s/he be scouted or evaluated?

Players can also be scouted or evaluated by National Team Coaches in Club competitions or be recommended by Provincial and Regional Coaching Staff. E.g. Provincial Cup Competitions; League Play.

4. How much does it cost to be in the NTC?

There is no cost at any time to be involved in the National Training Centre except travel to and from practice and local games.

5. How are players assessed to continue to be involved in the NTC?

Players are assessed on four areas of the game of soccer: Technical, Tactical, Physical Conditioning and Psychological. Players will be advised of the training priorities needed to be achieved by the end of each NTC Training Schedule. Players are to be committed to reaching those goals and show signs of progression at a reasonable speed. Players will be evaluated at each NTC Scouting Weekend and at the end of the first training phase Sept. - Dec. and the second phase Jan. - May. Players will be advised of their progression following each NTC Scouting Weekend and at the end of each training phase.

6. Who is responsible for the operation of the NTC?

NTC is a Canadian Soccer Association funded program, which is operated by the provincial associations, with the exception of the Prairie Provinces, which is operated by the CSA.

7. How often do players train while in the NTC Program?

Players train 3 to, 4 times per week during the off-season of Club commitments and 1 to, 2 times per week during the Club season.

8. What is the NTC Scouting Weekend and how does it work?

The NTC Scouting Weekend is an opportunity for players within the program to be assessed and evaluated based on the previous training-game period by a visiting National Staff Coach during the three competitive games scheduled. Following the weekend, a report will be written by the visiting National Staff Coach, in consultation with the NTC Staff, which will be forwarded to the CSA Office and all National Staff Coaches, male and female, including the World Cup Coaches, the Director of Coaching & Player Development and the Technical Director of Canada.

9. How often do NTC Scouting Weekends take place?

NTC Scouting Weekends take place five times a year for each of the NTC's in B.C., Alberta, Ontario, and the Atlantic Provinces (Halifax).

10. Can Provincial Associations or club coaches ask for a coach's clinic with a National Team Coach when in town for a NTC Scouting Weekend?

Requests can be entertained if a National Team Coach is available before or after the NTC Scouting Weekend. During the scouting weekend the attention is primarily for scouting purposes. Please contact the CSA Toronto Office.

11. Will National Team Coaches scout other games while visiting on NTC Scouting Weekends?

National Staff have been known to scout other games while in town through their own awareness and contacts.

12. How can a club coach make player(s) recommendations and to whom?

Coaches are welcome to make player recommendations from their own teams and those of other clubs. Due to the size of the country all recommendations made to the CSA will be copied to Provincial and Regional Staff Coaches to have the player scouted, and, if warranted, be invited to their programs. The player will then be evaluated and recommended to the NTC.

13. Can club coaches attend practice sessions and take part?

Any person can attend practice sessions or games at any time to observe. No involvement will be allowed without the consent of the respective NTC Director.

14. How do you get selected for the National Team?

Players within the NTC Program are not guaranteed a position on the roster of any National Team Event. Selection is based on player evaluation during NTC Scouting Weekends and in consultation with the individual NTC Director. Performances on each National Team Event will also be considered in the selection process.

15. What are the expectations of a player in the NTC?

Players are expected to make a full commitment to the NTC Program once selected. They are to act in a manner both on and off the field befitting of a National Team Player whenever in a soccer environment. They are to strive to meet the requirements of the NTC program and compete with consistency enabling them to compete at the highest level of international play. Players cannot control if they are going to be selected or not, but they can control their attitude towards their eating and sleeping habits, fitness level, work on technique, tactical understanding of what coaches want, and their commitment to their school work so they are able to attend National Team Events when selected.

16. Who are the scouts at the National Scouting Weekends?

CSA National Staff Coaches will be in attendance to evaluate and monitor the invited players invited in. Many university and college coaches from Canada and the U.S.A. have attended many of the weekends across the country.

17. What if I, as a player, have another event during a NTC Scouting Weekend?

NTC Scouting Weekends take priority over all Club commitments without exception.

18. Do all players selected to the NTC Program attend NTC Scouting Weekends?

Not all players within the NTC Program will be invited into the weekend's events by the NTC Director if they have not met the standards. Players will be evaluated between Scouting Weekends on attendance, progress of development in the areas of technical and tactical abilities, attitude and fitness.

If you have any questions, comments or feedback about this page, or anything involving the Training Centres, please send an email to: dbenning@soccercan.ca 

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 11:13:16 AM »
crespo, angel, delgado, etc. is not big man? why they have to rely on others for support? scheups. if they was ordinary immigrants they woulda figure thing out real fast. all them brazilian and other south american hiding in london is figure it out. just more cases of football primadonnaism.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 12:24:51 PM »
Alberta I realise that you on your own here. This is what I does talk about, all kind of old talk, 2 and 3 pages of post........ something serious like this nothing.

Anyway, This is how the USA Youth Soccer find, and develop their youth players. We can try something like this. It can be divided up into North, South, East, West, Central, Tobago. Players can be scouted during Primary school games, U-16, U-14, Senior Division and Championship School Games. The coaches can go to various area and look at players after the person in charge of their team recommend them to the Development Program.

I have done ODP recruiting before and it is a really great way to find players. The players had no idea that we were there to scout them so no added pressure existed, which allowed them to play their game. It give an objective view of the players, Technical, tactical and psychological make-up. 

Scouting
TN Soccer has implemented a Scouting System for players born in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992. The ability to see a player competing in their own environment is a much more accurate assessment of the players strengths and weaknesses.

The scouting staff will consists of ODP Staff, college coaches, club coaches and independent scouts.  The staff will be selected by the TN Soccer DOC and must meet the following criteria:

Coaching experience and advanced licensing.
Knowledge of local dynamics, coaches, players, tournaments and leagues.
Administrative and communication skills.
State Team/ODP experience.

Scouts will be given a schedule of games and tournaments to attend and they will submit a player report on players they have seen and believe to be ODP caliber. These players will be invited to be part of the training pool.  Pool players will receive an invitational letter to attend ODP evaluation and training sessions. A schedule for the training sessions, registration form, and ODP Required Paperwork will be included with the invitational letter.

For players in the 1993 age group Tennessee Soccer will implement an Introductory Program.  The program will expose the players to State, Regional and National staff.  The program will focus on development, encouragement and identification of the U12 and U13 players. This exposure will begin with District training sessions that will be conducted by all participants in the program.  District teams will be formed and a District Tournament will be played between the four ODP Districts.  This is a Developmental Introductory Program, so all players will be kept in the program at the District level.  No players will be released until after the District Tournament has been held.  District training will play a major role in the Introductory Program.

Identification
89-92 Boys and Girls birth year:

Players selected to the State Team and Alternate Positions from last year (2004-2005) are automatically invited back to participate during the fall phase of training. This group will comprise a squad of players called the TRAINING POOL.
Staff Coaches will be busy scouting Elite players in the 89-92 age groups.
Scouted players will be sent a letter inviting them to join the Training Pool.
  The Training Pools will be comprised of 30 to 45 players in each age group.
Club coaches are expected to assist and take part in this process by making sure they give their recommendations of talented players on their team to the Age Group State Coach or Director of Coaching.
State Coaches will be attending several tournaments in Tennessee to scout players that would be invited to the Training Pool.
State Coaches will also attend Region III Premier League Games scheduled for Tennessee.
If a talented player competes in a league other than Div I or Div II and they would like to be considered for Pool Selection, they should have their team coach contact the Director of Coaching at, 800-367-8772 ext.17.  The coach will need to provide the following information: name, birth year, official roster, tournament schedule and league schedule. A staff coach will then come out to scout the player during league or tournament play.
Players who are unable to train due to injury, or move to the state from out of town, should contact the Director of Coaching at the TN Soccer office, 800-367-8772 ext.17.
Players selected to State Pool will attend a mini-camp in June where the State team will be selected.

1993-Boys and Girls birth year:

Players will attend District training sessions that will begin at the end of August in each of the four ODP Program Districts.
District Teams will be formed and a District Tournament will be held in November for the boys and in December for the girls.
The Training Pool comprised of 40 to 50 players will be selected after the District Tournament.
Players who are unable to train or play in the District Tournament due to injury, or move to the state from out of town, should contact the Director of Coaching at the TN Soccer office, 800-367-8772 ext.17.

Selection
89-92 Boys and Girls birth year:

24 players will be selected at the end of the TRAINING POOL phase. The players chosen will represent the STATE POOL for their respective age group.
This pool will be announced mid January.
This pool of players will continue to train and compete until final selection of 18 players and 6 alternates.
Mini-Camp in June to be attended by all State Pool Players.
This final selection is for the STATE TEAM to represent Tennessee in Regional competition and Regional Camp.

1993 Boys and Girls birth year:

All players will be kept on their District teams and train with-in their District.
If number warrants there may be more than one team per District.
36 players will be selected at the end of the TRAINING POOL phase. The players chosen will represent the STATE Teams for the 93 age group.
Mini-Camp in June to be attended by all 93 State Team Players.
This final selection is for the STATE TEAM to represent Tennessee in Regional competition and Regional Camp.  Two teams will be selected for this age group.

Training
Training will take place once or twice a month depending on the age group.
We are fully aware that club programs and team coaches at this level are responsible for the true development of our youth soccer players. With this in mind this program will try to work around league schedules and major tournaments.

Competition
If scheduling permits, games may be arranged against neighboring states.
Sub-Regional event will be held in January.
Other ODP events and games will be scheduled during the year.
Regional Camp in July Tennessee Soccer Teams will compete against the rest of the southern states which includes: Alabama, Louisiana, South Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, North Texas, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Florida.

Evaluation
Players will receive individual evaluations both oral and written after the conclusion of Regional Camp.
Any player that is released and not selected to the State Pool will receive an evaluation from the State Team Head Coach.

What is Regional Camp?
US Youth Soccer is divided into four regions; each offers a region camp for Youth Association State Teams (ODP) in each eligible age group. The camps are designed to provide high-level competition. Players who are capable of performing at a higher level of play are identified and selected for National Pool and National Team participation.

What is National Camp?
National Camps and Interregional events are held throughout the year at various locations in the United States. The National Team Coach or National Staff Coach is present at these events to observe, train, and identify players for placement in the National Pool or on the National Team.

What are the benefits of the Tennessee Soccer State Team Program (ODP)?
The Olympic Development Program in a nutshell provides opportunities to develop and be identified:

Development as a player.
Training and playing with the best.
High-level quality competition.
Competition against other State Teams.
Exposure to Regional and National Team Coaches.
Lasting achievement to represent ones State, Region, and Country.
Exposure to College Coaches
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 12:39:40 PM »
Elan we on the same wave lenght:

What we could do is develop these ideas and  fax it to the  proper authorothities. Ah sure some ah dem does be in here peeping though. Maybe they go take it and read. Like yuh say plenty ole talk but serious  concrete talk  doh get much play.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »
Elan we on the same wave lenght:

What we could do is develop these ideas and  fax it to the  proper authorothities. Ah sure some ah dem does be in here peeping though. Maybe they go take it and read. Like yuh say plenty ole talk but serious  concrete talk  doh get much play.

You better off walking into their office yourself and handing it to them then sending a follow up email.
You might want to meet with the TD while you home.  Who knows maybe even invite him to the WN lime if you'll going to one of the PFL games.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 02:05:42 PM »
No disrespect, I think you may get a rude awakening...Unless yuh have some inside contact, be prepared to present your credentials, name some major CSPL or National teams yuh coach, and/or carry many gifts, or you find so many "busy like hell" adminstrators in T&T(who will call yuh tomorrow, though they doh have yuh number), you would think World Cup starting over next week, and T&T in it again.....Good luck

add: with the credentials, and Teams, yuh could BS over the drinks, buh no gifts, well ah dunno...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 02:08:11 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »
In reply to elan

While Alberta Trini makes many good points almost every time he psosts, he post dem does be like essay and no matter how much good stuff it have....and let me reiterate...Alberta does raise a lot of excellent points....to sift through his typical posts is jes time consumin and yuh really have to be in a particular frame a mind to ABSORB wha de man sayin.

So while yuh might be correck about people respondin more to shit talk and kicks...I know fuh me...cyah talk fuh nobody else....dah shit talk etc does be fuh de most part...fairly concise and sometimes dah is wha yuh go quicker respond to.

Besides....it takes all types to comprise a message board and everybody have dey place.  Some people come for serious football discussion, some come here to jes check and see wha goin on, some come fuh a trinbago flavour dat dey might be missin wherever dey is, some might come only fuh kicks etc.  De ting is....people does reach here and fuh de most part enjoy deyself as evidenced by de number of repeat posters and new posters it have.

Alberta...keep doin yuh do and doh study it if people eh replyin too much to yuh posts dem.  I eh think is because people not interested.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »
I understand what you say palos. I not coming down on anyone cause I like the bachannal too. But it does worry me to see that we have everything within reach, but we do not grab it with any true vigor and passion.  I was hesistant to post about the ODP, because I think the TD may have this kind of frame work in mind seeing that he was involved US soccer for so long.

Implimentation of such programs I know can be very daunting,but we have to be diligent and persistent about our next step.  We need to focus on more technical ability with the youths. Being that we grow up in more or less a footballing culture, we have an inate ability when it comes to tactical work. What, consistently fails us however, is our ability to carry out technical demands (shooting, finishing, defending 1v1, heading, receiving and passing). Most of our youth training is neither purely technical nor tactical, it is mainly functional. We need to enable our coaches to differentiate the methods of coaching and how they are applied.

I believe that from U-9 - U16 level we need to follow the Dutch method. I know a lot of people want us to adopt the Brazilian Method, but you have to realize that the brazilian style is highly technical. Maybe we can transition into (Brazillian Method) that from the U-18 level and on into our senior teams after the foundation has been built.

Alberta I believe I understand your sense of urgency. I think you are right, it has to be done and it has to be done now. There would be no better time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 05:10:46 PM »
This eh about me nah; I just hpoing someone will take heed and put "we house in order"

CONCACAF willl get stronger and it is just a matter of time before Barbados and St.Kitts start tuh make it very competitive to get through. I doh feel  group qualifying is an automatic anymore. Other teams gearing up a smuch as we gear up for teams like England.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 07:05:49 PM »
My 2 cents

It has to start at the Primary School level. Primary School Football is almost non existant. That is where the structure and the emphasis has to be placed.   Back in my day no one really played football before Secondary School (guaranteed this is some time now) that is why we are late bloomers in terms of football development. Unless you going to some coaching school you not getting exposed to any kinda systematic approach to football before you are 11 or 12. By this time in other countries you are already going to the "National Training Centre" if not sent to a Professional team.

At 11 or 12 our players are only now starting so our national teams are 5 or 6 yrs behind the rest.

Send the best coaches to the primary schools

Change our curriculum to include sports. Not just football but Netball and other sports too.

Do he same at High Schools. Let the children have to balance books and Sports, not for just one term but year round.

When we start this we will see the beneifts in yrs to come. We might not need the NTCs then, or setting them up will be easier because we would have a better player pool to chose from.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 08:04:06 PM »
The current TD was entrenched in the US system and I would assume quite familiar with it. At this stage I would assume that the plan isn't the peoblem, but rather the implementation. I've been recently informed that the TD has been at long last, given the green light to staff his office. All the relevant information regarding the TTFF and its program should be available on its website. Why isn't it?

I tried to communicate the idea that the official website of the TTFF should be more than a Senior team magazine and what type of information must be included. The email could not be delivered because the mailbox is full. Another one man operation by TTFF ??? We made a big splash in Germany, got a lot of attention so traffic to the TTFF website would be up. What would a visitor find? nothing of substance. Was TTFF and JW preparing for this outcome? What would that traffic mean to our sponsors? and on and on .....

Check this earlier piece from Flex site. I thought it was a useful datum for forginging ahead. http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=209703;article=29;title=News%20%26%20Reports
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:08:15 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 07:59:40 PM »
How we doing  with the building  framework so far?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
What kind of a framework do we presently have to sustain the quality of our program?

1]; } ?>