April 24, 2024, 09:57:13 PM

Author Topic: Chris Gayle - shoulda stayed home  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Chris Gayle - shoulda stayed home
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »
Gayle queries West Indies curfew

West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has questioned the decision to impose a curfew on the tourists in England.
The Windies team management have acted following reports of ill-disciplined behaviour during the recent World Cup.

An 2330 BST curfew has been introduced and opener Gayle said: "I wouldn't agree with the curfew but it's team policy so you have to go along with it.

"If it was in my hands I would have let guys be more free and do what they want to in the lead up to the first Test."

The Windies face England at Lord's on Thursday in the first of a four-Test series, their first action since a poor World Cup campaign on home soil.

They will be without their prolific former skipper Brian Lara, who retired following the tournament, putting extra responsibility on the shoulders of Gayle.

We've put the World Cup behind us now and are looking forward to Test cricket
Chris Gayle 

The left-hander, 27, has scored 4,259 Test runs at an average of 38.71 with seven hundreds, and is ready for the increased pressure.

"Without Brian it's a different feeling but all the guys have overcome it now and we have to step up and make a name for ourselves," he explained.

"There's always responsibility on my shoulders, not just as a senior player but as a batsman in the top order leading from the front.

"The young guys ask me questions and I share my views with them, my experiences playing here at Lord's as well.

"The senior guys have to lead from the front. Otherwise it might be a bit of a struggle. But having said that, we've got good quality players.

"We've got a good group. We've put the World Cup behind us now and are looking forward to Test cricket."

like he really have no shame to suggest that after all the shit that went on in the World Cup..steups

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Gayle - shoulda stayed home
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 09:29:11 PM »
Doesn't agree with a curfew...No wonder West Indies had such an abysmal showing at the World Cup.

Hopefully the curfew restores discipline and pride to the team.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:09:54 AM »
His agreement is not mandatory. His compliance is.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 08:55:16 AM »

Nobody telling me at 27yrs of age when to go to bed.

They could tell me no drinking, partying, screwing an ting like dat  so much time before a game but if I accustom staying up late reading , playing video games or just walking about looking at the city then dat should be no problem.

This is a bad management decision that will further de motivate players.
Fook dat ah going to make ah 40 runs every game an keep mih pick to make the money if they want to treat me like ah pissing tail pickney.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:02:29 PM »
Like the 40 runs a game he make in the World cup eh?

Generally I find that if grown men can't discipline themselves (like arriving on time or bringing the necessary paperwork/equipment etc) then treating them like children works.
1. One of 2 things will happen: they get vex and perform to spite you.
2. They get vex, don't perform, get drop.

Of Windies/T&T teams (at all levels, in all sports) has a problem implementing the get drop part of the equation.

The first step to building discipline is to lay out rules and ask people to follow them
If that buss then is time to require that they follow them.
Third step? put some consequences in there.

You also have to put in some mechanism where social pressure will come to bear.

in any case, as long as he follow the rules and perform on the field he could be as vex as he want.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 10:09:05 PM »
Wim say that the under 17 eh have a curfew. However, dem big hard face man have to get a curfew because they cyah spell discipline. It too late it should be like after news when we use to go to school back in d day.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>