April 28, 2024, 08:25:41 PM

Author Topic: Artificial Turf for Center of Excellence is this a good thing?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It seems as if the Macoya stadium will nopw be artificial turf, I personally do not like turf and would prefer grass fields.

The Stadium grass is in poor shape and muddy when it rains the turf is very low maintenance dollars but I think the standard of play on Turf is not as good as on grass.

the ball moves to fast on the turf

Eventually I see most teams playing on turf 20 years into the future
Costa Rica is already playing world cup games on turf.

Personally I think this is a step back and nothing beats a well maintained grass field.

New $5.2m indoor facility launched
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 11:14:23 AM by Tallman »

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Artificial Turf for Center of Excellence is this a good thing?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 11:19:31 AM »
one turf field not going to kill us

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 04:13:18 PM »
CEO field is terrible pitch, it does turn into a proper mud pond when rain fall. The soil for some reason ent good and the drainage there is not of the best.

Put the artifical field, its not like them long time field these new ones like real grass and the soil in it is a kinda artificial plastic dirt, having shock absorber properties.

I was skeptical but in Miami down kendall side have some nice ones, Nuttin wrong with having one.look at it this way its practice for when we play against Costa Rica

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 08:21:33 PM »
look at it this way its practice for when we play against Costa Rica

I think that would be the main reason to get it...to make sure our players have some kind of exposure to that type of field because at some point they will have to play on it so best to have it available sometimes.

When our youths get their scholarships they are going to have to play on turf alot....and might even be some of the old school hard carpet kind that bad for the knees.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 11:00:37 PM »
The new artificial surfaces with fake grass and the rubber granules still gives you some scratches if you slide on it.  Plus the rubber sticks to you when you sweat.  I doh like it.

We have real sun in T&T why we cah grow some good grass?  Artificial is good for those northern countries where they don't get sun.  I think it is foolishness that we have this home. 

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 11:25:32 PM »
Isn't the knock against we dat we Pro League players does play too slow for de International Level? Is jes another look at things from a different angle. Jes now it go have international games on dat surface. We better know how to play on de damn thing.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 11:47:48 PM »
I play on some on ah artifical ting in Maryland already, and de ball run good and smooth like real grass and ah even wear meh regular tuggs on it instead of sneakers. it not like dat hard ting long time. so for me, I doh see nuttin wrong with dat.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:05:23 AM »
Nothing wrong with the artificial turf. Sun or rain (especially rain) we know we have a place where we could still see quality football. Besides these turfs supposed to be a little faster. the local fellas should improve the quality of their games. They will have to move alot faster and that first touch alot better.

We should be able to separate the players from everything else.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 05:33:08 AM »
Didin't Costa Rica play a WCQ at home on an artifical pitch?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 07:03:14 AM »
Yeah the new "super-grass" technology is slowly infiltrating. I believe that the NY/NJ Metro stars plays their home games on it. I've played on it and it's not bad at all... Pretty much all recreational soccer here in New York, is played on some variation of artificial turf (the most modern version being the best)....but it varies from pitch to pitch. Some are better laid down and of better quality than others.......

Honestly I still prefer grass, but the artificial fields are the future, so we might as well embrace it.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 07:19:56 AM »
I am in 2 minds on it. I do think 1or 2 are in order so we have available, for experience. Yet I have seen them get waterlogged on many occassions. Even with turtle-back construction.To the tune where games were cancelled due to 1 day of rain, and it didn't drain fast enough.  So for Trinidad that has tons of rain and flooding ??!!!...Yet it would be same water issue with the grass field.....We go be giving some construction men, hopefully mostly local some work(short term), though putting some grounds men out(long term)....How about another 3/4 million to throw in a Tarp, supported by the lights and stad structure to partially cover most of the field..or something like this   http://www.reefindustries.com/griff/griffcovers.php#athleticfield

still keeping the grounds men in work

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »

With the amount of new stadia we have we doh need to worry bout dem for now.....depending on if we planning on maintaining what we have.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 07:40:34 AM »
Maxg,

Its only one groundsman CEO have a fella named Ralphie

If anything Jack go buy him a wet and dry Vac and some long extension cord ;D. Or we might get hi tech and have the roller things like what dey does use in cricket.Have the man drive that instead.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 07:51:48 AM »
Yeah, ah did see Mcgill use a zamboni type machine to suck up the water, but here rain does fall one shot most of the time, not constant. That's why ah was thinking the overhead tarp might be best. Then all yuh have to do is give Ralphie ah early retirement or move him front office.. ;D

Bigup Ralphie...in my time dem men had to have Mr. in front..In QRC - Mr. Lucas

1]; } ?>