April 23, 2024, 04:05:08 PM

Author Topic: Wim: Solve it!  (Read 8463 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Wim: Solve it!
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:42:32 AM »
Bonus battle overshadows T&T's Gold Cup prep.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

The Trinidad and Tobago national football team's 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup preparation begins in earnest next Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, but coach Wim Rijsbergen has mixed feelings about his task.
Rijsbergen, a two-time World Cup player with Holland, told the Express yesterday that an artist needs paint to produce a masterpiece.
"The composition of the painting depends on whether I have enough paint," said Rijsbergen, who assisted Leo Beenhakker at the 2006 World Cup tournament. "Otherwise, I would have a white sheet of paper. It will be good for everybody if they solve it but I have been asking for a long time. I have no control about it."
Rijsbergen's sentiments do not alter the present stand-off between 16 World Cup players and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF), but it did lift the mood of the Soca Warriors, suffering the backlash of their bonus battle with the administration.
Jack Warner, FIFA vice-president and chairman of the financial arm of the T&TFF's 2006 Local Organising Committee, and Oliver Camps, T&TFF president, said the local governing body would not select any of the disgruntled Warriors for the June Gold Cup.
The England-based duo of Stern John and Brent Sancho are still hopeful for a resolution and were happy to hear of Rijsbergen's dissatisfaction.
"I think he has every right to say that," said Sancho, "especially as his players are all available to play. "It must be very frustrating for him."
John, T&T's record scorer with 67 goals from 100 appearances, urged the T&TFF to find a speedy solution and insisted the players were ready to meet the Federation at the negotiating table.
"We are at the table," said John. "When they want to come, we are there. But most of the guys are now making up vacation plans with their families, so hopefully it will happen soon.
"We are happy that the coach has stood up and is being his own man. We can't do anything and he can't do anything but we are definitely happy (because) it is always good to have that sort of relationship with your manager."
On Monday, Warner issued an appeal for World Cup captain Dwight Yorke, the country's most accomplished player, to end his international retirement and lead the Warriors at the Gold Cup.
It is uncertain whether Yorke, who is on vacation in Australia, could be coaxed to return to the international game and whether he too might try to pressure the T&TFF to end the impasse.
One senior player, who spoke on condition of anonymity, revealed that the bonus battle might have played a significant part in the 35-year-old midfielder's sudden retirement in March.
"Dwight always wanted to play in the Gold Cup," said the player, "but he said then that he wouldn't play unless everyone was involved."
Camps refused to say if the T&TFF were negotiating with Yorke and insisted that all was being done to provide Rijsbergen with the best possible team.
"We will try our best to do so," said Camps. "I have nothing further to say at this point in time."
In the absence of official word from the T&TFF, the players already in Trinidad and Tobago are busying themselves with union matters, charity work and family visits.
Sunderland winger Carlos Edwards, St Johnstone striker Jason Scotland, Chicago Fire defender Osei Telesford and Sparta Rotterdam attacker Darryl Roberts have accepted invitations to join the locally-based Gold Cup squad in training next week. Swansea defender Dennis Lawrence and Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince were also asked to return to international duty but are yet to confirm their attendance.
The likes of John and Sancho are focusing on the Mickey and Stefan Trotman Memorial and the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT) exhibition matches on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
"We will start next week with the players that we have," said Rijsbergen. "As a coach, you always want to play with your best team and that is always your belief. If you have your best team, it makes your job that much easier."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:08:51 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Wim: Solve it!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:46:11 AM »
You telll em Coach. Now that is good to know he said his part now and it is clear what he wants.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 04:39:25 AM »
Is like the TTFF go out of their way to try to f**k up we football.

All them decades of bankruptucy and failure to reach any heights in football, now we reach a WC, and like they sit down and plan how to cause confusion and drama again in this new era.

The players too hadda chill out and compromise.

All them years JW personally footing the millions the team needed on and off the field (whether he tief the money in the first place or not to do this, me aint flikkin care, that is not the issue - the man coulda just buy hotels in hawaii and dont care about the team).... and still the players griping...
Without Jackula, we would not have reached anywhere close to the WC and have this situation we have now.

Well, the US had a similar situation for the start of the 2006 WC qualifiers final round, and they solved their impasse.
Lets see if we can do the same.

Compromise everybody, PLEASE ! for the sake of our football, put egos and past dramas behind, turn a new leaf and get the ball rolling.

When 2010 WC comes along, allyuuh learn allyuh lesson, do everything in writing and proper contract, not promises and word of mouth.

A promise is a comfort to a fool.

Everybody here cring down the TTFF and Warner, I agree them is the main culprits, but the players hadda compromise too.

Lets get this sorted out!

Steups.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 05:50:52 AM »
Compromise!!. The players are the one ones who always compromising. They must take a stand now or the TTFF will always shortchange them. Are you saying the players are in the wrong. If the gov't did not give them  guys a GIFT from the people of TT, you mean to says those guys would only get 35,000. each for the WC campaign, Come on, man!!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 06:00:09 AM »
Compromise!!. The players are the one ones who always compromising. They must take a stand now or the TTFF will always shortchange them. Are you saying the players are in the wrong. If the gov't did not give them  guys a GIFT from the people of TT, you mean to says those guys would only get 35,000. each for the WC campaign, Come on, man!!!!!
Tell Dem Deeks........Tell Dem ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 06:04:35 AM »
The players too hadda chill out and compromise.

All them years JW personally footing the millions the team needed on and off the field (whether he tief the money in the first place or not to do this, me aint flikkin care, that is not the issue - the man coulda just buy hotels in hawaii and dont care about the team).... and still the players griping...
Without Jackula, we would not have reached anywhere close to the WC and have this situation we have now.

Well, the US had a similar situation for the start of the 2006 WC qualifiers final round, and they solved their impasse.
Lets see if we can do the same.

Compromise everybody, PLEASE ! for the sake of our football, put egos and past dramas behind, turn a new leaf and get the ball rolling.

When 2010 WC comes along, allyuuh learn allyuh lesson, do everything in writing and proper contract, not promises and word of mouth.

A promise is a comfort to a fool.

Everybody here cring down the TTFF and Warner, I agree them is the main culprits, but the players hadda compromise too.

Lets get this sorted out!

Steups.

Why should players compromise? A contract is a contract whether vebal or written?

This is nothing to do with ego on the players part. If you are talking about ego & bully-boy tactics on the TTFF's part then I could agree with you!

A lot of the stuff you spoke above makes me wonder if you are totally new to the history of T&T football or just have a bad memory!!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 06:14:49 AM »
A lot of the stuff you spoke above makes me wonder if you are totally new to the history of T&T football or just have a bad memory!!  ???
SocaPro, what we goin an do is start him off wid dis article, den after he has fully digested it, send him by Dreamer Thread  8)
seat belts are mandatory ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 06:16:38 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 07:05:44 AM »

Well said too bredda, the fans and the country has been compromising for years because of selfishness and greed.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 07:07:51 AM »
i glad wim talk but nothing eh getting solve.

i say send the U17 side to the gold cup for baptism by fire and prep for the U17 championship.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 07:12:54 AM »
i glad wim talk but nothing eh getting solve.

i say send the U17 side to the gold cup for baptism by fire and prep for the U17 championship.

steeeuuuppsss

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 07:22:13 AM »
dis ting takin ah toll on meh..ah cya eat..ah cya sleep...ah cya sex mih gyal...TTFF...save me..

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »
dis ting takin ah toll on meh..ah cya eat..ah cya sleep...ah cya sex mih gyal...TTFF...save me..

u have real problem.

send she by me for "counseling."

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 07:36:06 AM »
Everyboby wants this issue resolved (apart from, it appears, TTFF)

The players have not with held their labour. There is no strike.

Everyone can return to the table to negotiate, and I bet the players will have to compromise, but you know what? Thats their personal business.

Blacklisting players is the kind of childish, destructive bullying you expect from dictators. I notice that since FPATTs "Special Adviser", Kevin Harrison  (a title I'm sure was chosen as a direct prod at JW) issued a statement saying that there is no FIFA rule forcing the ban, Jack and Ollie haven't mentioned this FIFA rule. They were using that rule like they were saying "Its out of our hands. Rules is rules. We want to select them but can't"

It appears that their bluff was called. They can no longer lie to the people without being questioned.

You can also see Wims attitude changing. He's becoming more and more direct with his comments as his frustration builds. My guess is that he's looking to protect his job when the future bosses of TTFF take over. Its obvious whose side he's on.

The cracks are appearing, people. Keep up the pressure. Send your protest to FIFA (see other thread)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 08:15:52 AM »
The TTFF Win long time and they ent need none of the WC 2006 squad.

Ent we make a Digicel final with men who had Zero caps.

Ent people favourite players get pick

Ent the total local squad forumites clamouring for the longest while take we to the final.

Now we ready to go Gold Cup alyuh vex.

Let the men who take we to the final...play.

Why them fellas who we call all kinda names...who step up they game and qualify the team alyuh ent want them play?

I calling out all the "go local" in this post

I calling out the ones who feel we side not good

I calling out the ones who realistic

I calling out all who delusional

I tell alyuh long time the TTFF win and the side who make digicel final plus Berry players is we squad for 2010.
Honestly is only Jones we need to add to the bunch, the rest too old for 2010.

Now I am not saying fpatt should not be formed, I am not saying I dont want the best team play and represent Trinidad and Tobago. I am not saying Jack and the TTFF should not pay the players they bonus money.

But watch the situation thru the eyes of the TTFF.....dey looking good they make gold cup with a inexperienced squad, dey blood youngsters, 3 men get MLS contract and 3 youngsters going and play with Portmouth, the players that in form now all on our side...so what we paying out money for.

What dey need the striking players for?

Gold Cup ent nuttin for Trinidad and Tobago...we get level cutarse in each tournament we participate in and only once under bertille ever come out of the group stage. So what if they go this year to make up numbers....we done make World Cup already. We under 17 make it...we have till 2010 for them young fellas we bringing to get better and we have till 2010 to increase the standard of the PFL and churn out big players.
Dat is the thinking them fellas have.

Also Wim must get vex and talk cause he saying he ent get paid. If the hand not feeding you...of course you have every right to bite it.

But I sincerely hope that we get our better players back in the mix. I hope Fpatt is successful and I hope that the TTFF backs down from its stance.

If we had the Germany Squad in constant training since the WC we woulda be in contention to win the Gold Cup. Right now we would be lucky to come out of the group stage.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:19:56 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »
Well said Touches , dais what ah was alluding to in a recent post.

The only party here who in a position of strenght is TTFF and Jack and is it such a bad thing to go in to this tourney without some of the players ?
Shyte most of them will be over 33 by the time 2010 comes around !

I ent no apologist for Jack as I said before but if the football have to shake up and change then a high level of militance is needed and if we succeed in the shake up what will it look like after?

Sometimes is better the devil you know than the one you don't and you could ask me I have 3 ex- wives.  ;) ;) ;)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 09:40:55 AM »

u have real problem.

send she by me for "counseling."
  :devil:  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 09:53:01 AM »
Yuh see....de only way to get TTFF to wake up, is for de present youth men and dem who get invited to train, must wake up and stand up with we foregin based....but ah guess dem brodders only studying dey aint go get no sweat. ah find it have ah kinda selfish mentality amongst we local players, and not no kinda unity.  Dem brodders hadda wake up and realize dat it have men outside who sad to say, could represent de country better dan dem.  Is true everybody want ah chance, but dey got to be real man.  We have first class quality players out there. Leh we win de Gold cup, put we on de map, and den dem res ah brodders goh get dey chance

Ah done talk

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 10:26:04 AM »
You might be right in some of your points Touches but remember we need a mixture of experience and youth in order to get the best out of the youths coming up.

We need everyone onboard who can help, even Latapy as assistant coach could help too. All our successful players will pass on some valuable experience.

We may have only came out of a gold cup group once but it doesn't mean we will never. We must always aim high. Have the best team with a mixture of youths will be good. Some of our 2006 team could still play in 2010 which starts back in 2008.

For an inexperience team to make it big we must play at least 2 international games a month against good opposition until the 2010 qualifiers start back to really see improvment and this will never happen so when we get a chance to play in these sort of tournaments we have to make the best of it and play as much games as possible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:33:24 AM by Sando »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 11:53:30 AM »
Even if there was no blacklist I doubt those players would have been involved in the Digicel or any friendlies until now.

After all the time they spent away from their clubs for WCQ and WC, this past year was time to focus on their club football and get form from playing on those teams consistently...not flying back for friendlies and tournaments better suited for development purposes at this stage.  The Gold Cup however is when you want to put a strong side forward so now is the time to end this stand off.....both sides made no effort before now because it suited them both.  Players didn't really want to leave clubs and TTFF was fine with developing locals.
The local players are also not in a position to sacrifice themselves so the WC squad could get more bonus.  After all the local players may feel they are the ones that have been neglected over the years with the foreign based coming in and living nice.  FPATT better address that and focus on the local players as their primary base because they are the ones most vulnerable and in need of support.

Anyone who asking where exactly in the Fifa statutes addresses the blacklist should go look at the statutes themselves..it is in the Fifa regulations section for download here

Doesn't look to me like they have no basis for their action depending on the details and of course interpretation.  Is tit for tat.  Players have this verbal agreement where the terms debateable....and TTFF have this blacklist the application of which is also debateable.

This foolishness would be a pappyshow in court for both sides.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »
Is a different from being dropped and not being avialable. The players eh not avialable so dey get drop. So when Jack eh decide to pay the GC players because he get they visa for dem we cyah nutten.

It was neva intended for the foreign base to play Digi Cup. It was a scouting exercise to see who he could use with the foeign base.

If the local base players eh good enough to qualify fior GC we futbol in a worst state than we thought. So they qualify great now let the best players go to the GC and then we will se is adults and not aset of pickney in the TTFF. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 06:57:05 PM »

Daiz de kinda Deeks ah like to see  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 10:51:27 AM »
Come Wim, pick de team, have some stones and tell Jackula dat if the boys on the training pitch are barred from playing them you quitting. Simple....... Principle  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>