April 25, 2024, 12:10:34 PM

Author Topic: Be-little Trinidad y Tobago Team, everyone does but why?....  (Read 3320 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Be-little Trinidad y Tobago Team, everyone does but why?....
« on: August 01, 2005, 12:01:22 PM »
All these Clubs are after our players.  It may not be Manutd or Barcelona but Everyday in the news, another Trinbago player get pull in into a English, Scottish, American, Australian, Italian, Kuwait and Im sure the list goes on. Is this some kind of Mental abuse. Like spousal abuse. First yuh tell meh that we is crap but yet still managers deciding to take a chance on our players. What are they seeing that we are not seeing. Is this all one big conspiracy, tell them Trinis/bago they is shit so we can buy them cheap?  Panama, jamaica, Mexico and other concacaf Teams have speciality players, some teams boast more than ours but yet still why is it that we and Brazil have the most exported International players.  Well maybe other players dont be so hurry to leave their local league but that cant be enough of a factor to account for this mass exodus. You can find on some Teams some 2 and 3 Trinis/bago at the same time. A lot of other times, two opposing Teams, Three Trinis on the field and Two on de bench...  Maybe we are the best "Good Ole Boys" in the Carribbean, maybe we are trustworthy and honorable. Maybe is Eric Williams who really in charge of Fifa but Manning is the Treasurer....

I dont know, I put it to you all, How could we be so bad but good enough to make Team and impress all dem managers?

How?

Does this show up our coaching ability/inabilities or organizational skillz or both...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:17:12 PM by Tallman »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: Be-little Trinidad y Tobago Team, everyone does but why?....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 12:12:22 PM »
It's probably that as a Team we suck but individually our players shine bright and that's what they care about. 

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 12:13:40 PM »
I think we are good at producing individually talented TnT players, we are just not able to produce a talented TnT team.
The LA Lakers team of Kobe, Shaq, Malone and Payton proved that putting a bunch of good players on the pitch together does not a good team make.
So sure managers want our players, its just that the sum or our parts just aint adding up properly.

And yes some of it does come down to coaching and organization, hopefully that will all chanage for the better in the future.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »
i wouldnt even bring lakers into this, lakers is shit...miami boy..remember the bet!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 01:00:57 PM by Tallman »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 12:39:21 PM »
I don't think that anyone would argue against the point that Trinidad & Tobago has players that are good enough to play in certain professional leagues abroad. I'm not surprised to hear of coaches in England etc. wanting to give some of our boys a shot at a trial.

So in terms of potential, we have it, but there are countless other countries that can say the same........to sing praises of potential is pretty useless.......something that many Trinis haven't figured out yet. (not to mention, potential is so intangible that it's very difficult/impossible to measure).

Do we have many top flight players however ?- I would say no.

Do we have relatively more over-seas based players than other countries. I think a hell of alot of research needs to be done to come up with an answer to that question. I can't comment.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the age old debate and it boils down to 2 simple questions.

Is there enough potential coming out of Trinidad to field a respectable team ?- perhaps
Is this potential being exploited and developed early enough and at a capacity that would yield success- ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

So when people belittle our squad, it's in response to the end result/final package.......Our final package is still far from what it needs to be, to escape being "belittled"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:45:04 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 01:02:09 PM »
As a team, we're good on paper, but de game is not played on paper.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 01:05:36 PM »
We're not really that good on paper either......we have a couple players who "on paper" are decent, but in the whole scheme of things.......on paper, we're pretty average.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 01:08:03 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 05:48:40 PM »
most of out players in England are filler players.  It is chaper to buy a player from T&T than pay for those already playing in Europe, where transfer fees and wage demands are higher.

Look at our T&T players abroad, apart from Latas and Yorke and to some extent Dog,, which one is burning up any league..or has done so in the past 2 years????

FILLER players..avwerage at best,,,lets not get carried away!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »
Kicker and Truetrini are correct...the fact is our players are average at best with few exceptions.

They are for the most part amateur players who are going into a professional environment with the hope of learning quickly.

I believe in time and with better coaches the PFL will be able to bridge that gap. We need the best coaches in T&T coaching PFL teams and that include Bertille. But they need to stay away from the National Team.

Develop at the club level.

And find out who is Darrel Brown's coach because them fellas need to get speed. They is ah advertisement for Molases.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 06:21:16 PM »
Alberta these questions are very relevant

A. Is the play in the league a reflection of the player pool we have? ( considering we  have players  from different countries as well)

It is a reflection of the players we have and their level but I think it is even more of a reflection of the coaching that we have.
Many of these players are coming from School football and playing in the PFL. It is the responsibility of the coach and technical staff to get these players up to professional level and playing on a level that is on par with the level of play today.
Just as Leo B pointed out the play is way too slow. Too much time on the ball. That is all down to the coaches.
Look at the results when Jabloteh had foreign coaches who are accustomed to the game being played much faster and more aggressive compared to when there wasn't that outside influence. The results speaks for itself.
Our players require too much time on the ball to make decisive decisions and accurate passes.

B. The quality of coaching? (considering we do have a team with a foreign coach)

Well look at the level we are striving for now compared to the level we were in.  We know what needs to be done and but we are pressed for time to get to that level.

C The structural composition and management of the teams? (training, facilities, wages, perception of professionals, marketing, fan based support)

We have the facilities, wages will come with the increase in level of play...transfers, crowd support.
Perception of professionals will improve when we make the World Cup but even more importantly we give a good account of ourselves.
Going there and getting double figures will be detremental.

How can one give a fair assessment of the league in terms of it's ability to produce qulaity players in the future?

A fair assessment will be when the league is able to send players to  compete competitively with other international teams and when the National Team will be near all local players and beating Concacaf giants like USA and Mexico.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 08:09:51 PM »

some teams boast more than ours but yet still why is it that we and Brazil have the most exported International players.

so how true is this?...we the second highest exporter of football stars..Lord yes..allyuh real good...i know for sure we up there in the top 2 when it comes to methanol, ammonia ,steel and natural gas...but footballers...to me it sounds like a bunch of crap.
Maybe if was by population density or something like that i could maybe see it happening.
But then again i will have to put half of them African countries ahead of us in terms of exporting players.

Tallman let me see if you could back this fella up with some stats dey lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 08:33:29 PM »
Tallman let me see if you could back this fella up with some stats dey lol

Ah tink he was jes saying dat fuh effect. Brazil no doubt exports the most football players, but after them it would have to be African players (especially Nigerians). See de following articles:

A growing export trade in soccer players
Brazilian exports: financial lifeline or footballing brain drain?
Brazil's far-flung Footballers
African footballers migration to Europe
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 08:47:29 AM »
Come on Feliziano, I didn't mean to make yuh think about per capita and Proportions. As tallmen said jes fuh effect. Obviously we are not no. 2 in exporting players but in the Carribean now that you mentioned the "numbers" we might be Concacaf's Top Exporter.. In addition I understand that we may have average players, no grand standers however if Trin/bago turns out to be the leading Exporter in Concacaf, then the question is now transformed into Why aren't these seemingly  better Concacaf players/Teams able to Export at the rate that we do. We may deem our players Average but if we're  leading in Exports (Concacaf)then all the other Teams/Players are also Average or below par  because European managers aren't putting faith or as much faith in other Nationalities.

Maybe Trin/bago  has the best raw, unfinished players and these managers are looking for Diamonds in the ruff....

What else could it be?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 08:59:44 AM »
And find out who is Darrel Brown's coach because them fellas need to get speed. They is ah advertisement for Molases

Now that is some funny shizer  lol  ;D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 09:33:58 AM »
Maybe Trin/bago  has the best raw, unfinished players and these managers are looking for Diamonds in the ruff....

What else could it be?

Or could it be Jack's influence?  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 10:38:41 AM »
Tallman Africa is a Continent not country . :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:55:58 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 11:42:19 AM »
Socapro, I never  really stopped to consider the "Jack Factor" and how can we forget the Jack Factor..... wel,l it can't be  dem  European managers owe Jack  so many favors so they does handle we Boys', So then, is it that Jack really has the players at heart and continue to make these connections to further our Professionals and develop Internationally our Soccer?
Well lets try to think of another scenario because I aint sure I buying the "Jack's Love for Countrymen" business.

Maybe there still exists more possibilities....
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>