April 28, 2024, 05:52:41 AM

Author Topic: Kieran Richardson to Sunderland  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kieran Richardson to Sunderland
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:33:43 AM »

keano bag another manu reject.

chops and he is 2 good signing.

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=12670

Kieran Richardson has signed for Sunderland from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

The England international, 22, has inked a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light and could make his debut in Wednesday's friendly at Darlington.

Richardson, a one-time team-mate of Roy Keane, joins the Black Cats after five years at Old Trafford.

Keane said: "I'm delighted that we've been able to bring Kieran to Sunderland.

"Having worked with him in the past I'm well aware of what a good player and a good lad he is. He's ready for a fresh challenge and hopefully sunderland will provide that for him."

Richardson added: "It's an exciting move for me. I know all about Roy Keane and I'm looking forward to playing for his team. Sunderland is a big club and it's a great move for me."

Richardson is Keane's fourth summer signing after Greg Halford, Russell Anderson and Michael Chopra.

The London-born player, capped eight times by England, made 81 appearances for United after joining the club as a trainee.

He scored twice on his England debut in May 2005 as Sven-Goran Eriksson side beat the USA 2-1 in an end-of-season friendly.

Richardson spent four months on loan at West Brom in the 2004-05 campaign, helping Bryan Robson's side escape the drop in dramatic circumstances on the last day of the season..

The winger played for England in the European Under-21 Championships this summer.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sunderland sign winger Richardson
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:38:54 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/6901589.stm

Things not looking too bright for Stern. I honestly don't think they will release him though. He is not that expensive.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kieran Richardson to Sunderland
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »
Good news for all concerned (maybe).
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland sign winger Richardson
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:41:50 AM »
I don't think this should affect Stern negatively. Richardson is not a striker so they shouldn't be competing for the same spot. If anything it might improve the quality of service that Stern gets and, hopefully, his scoring rate.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »
So a Richardson and Edwards combination on de right?
How dat go work?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »
So a Richardson and Edwards combination on de right?
How dat go work?

Richardson is left footed

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:59:28 AM »
a ranking shithong

I never see a more clueless player in meh life. Keane could have done better than dat.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:02:32 AM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »
a ranking shithong

I never see a more clueless player in meh life. Keane could have done better than dat.

cyah agree with that. some players just doh fit in certain squads. he might be trying to hard to impress Fergie.
i remember one season he was on loan at West Brom and the man almost singlehandedly kept them on the EPL. He play like a boss..man was scoring free kicks all kinda thing. In his debut for the full English national team, he man rip up the States and score a double.

He might have somethiong....he may just not perform at ManU. It happens.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »
a ranking shithong

Coming from an esteemed connoiseur of international talent like you one really has to wonder what Keane was thinking.  They coulda hire you for half that 'undisclosed fee' and spend de other half on free chennette and penna cool fuh de fans and everybody woulda been happy.  The fact that you said it...I have no doubt that Richardson will be an abyssmal bust.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:51:03 AM »
a ranking shithong

Coming from an esteemed connoiseur of international talent like you one really has to wonder what Keane was thinking.  They coulda hire you for half that 'undisclosed fee' and spend de other half on free chennette and penna cool fuh de fans and everybody woulda been happy.  The fact that you said it...I have no doubt that Richardson will be an abyssmal bust.

:D

Thanks, well I does try
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:11:51 PM by Grande »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:16:38 PM »
Good Riddance... thank you Roy...  mind yopu he will do well at Sunderland...  he cannot handle the pressure at Utd

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
Like allyuh have short memories....

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=5885.0

Kieran Richardson was one of the shithounds that Keane call out in his outburst that led to him leaving Man United...

I real surprised he gone for him now.. Interesting to see how this one will pan out...

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 12:28:52 PM »

Kieran Richardson was one of the shithounds that Keane call out in his outburst that led to him leaving Man United...

I real surprised he gone for him now.. Interesting to see how this one will pan out...

Is pure bad mind!! Kean want to rip him into shape!!
 ;) ;) ;)
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 12:40:51 PM »

;) ;) ;)

Mark my words Carlos go be wearing MANU RED come Jan. :devil: :devil: :devil: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 12:49:46 PM »
a ranking shithong

ah hope those words doh come back to haunt yuh ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »
a ranking shithong

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 01:16:56 PM »
a ranking shithong

Well I hope so for de sake of de team :beermug:

Richardson still young. And doh lie, allyuh Man U men glad he gone

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 01:23:02 PM »
a ranking shithong

ehhhhh

I remember last season he score ah rel top class goal... good positioning, good pace and very good finishing... sorry i cyah see your point der.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »
a ranking shithong

Well I hope so for de sake of de team :beermug:

Richardson still young. And doh lie, allyuh Man U men glad he gone

I wish him well at Sunderland, it would be interesting to see him and Carlos pair up.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 01:30:15 PM »
a ranking shithong

ehhhhh

I remember last season he score ah rel top class goal... good positioning, good pace and very good finishing... sorry i cyah see your point der.

but you eh remember the other games where he can't even anticipate a defender coming up from behind to steal de ball

or making poor judgements in shooting, or making some disastrous passes

even pelting blade hard and wild

daiz de Richardson I know
but as Filho said there could be something there so I hope we see it for Sunderland
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:32:15 PM by Grande »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 02:48:47 AM »
a ranking shithong

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Alyuh fellahs eh easy nah, ah ranking shithong? good one. yeah ah feel he could be better than he is having been at manu all dem years, we'll see though, maybe he ready to step up he game
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 04:06:06 AM »
Kieran Richardson is pure tutu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 06:20:47 AM »
a ranking shithong

Dis shit real funny!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 06:55:23 AM »

;) ;) ;)
" I dont like you at all so i will buy you and rip your ass into shape". Dat is coach..
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 07:02:25 AM »
a ranking shithong

cyah agree with that. some players just doh fit in certain squads. he might be trying to hard to impress Fergie.
i remember one season he was on loan at West Brom and the man almost singlehandedly kept them on the EPL. He play like a boss..man was scoring free kicks all kinda thing. In his debut for the full English national team, he man rip up the States and score a double.

He might have somethiong....he may just not perform at ManU. It happens.

Filho ah agree with yuh eh but Grande do have a point. Yuh do find dat Richardson a lil Brent Rahim-ish... a startlet that never turn de corner..
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 07:44:13 AM »
The man is get corebaux sweat at ManU and he is always being compared to Giggs on the left...how u expect him to ever develop or be given recognition in that company? He look good for West Brom and he make the English national team...he hadda have something. And I am pretty sure that he better than Carlos was at that age...and look how far Carlos come from the days when he used to dribble down the wing but could cross or shoot.

Plus he is one of the few black men to make it out of ManU academy so I wiliing him to make it. He didn do no worse than Quinton Fortune, Jordi Cryuff, Lee Sharpe or any of the other men Fergie try to displace Giggs with.

Furthermore, Butt was considered better than Scholes when they first used to come off the bench, cause they had Scholes getting a corbeaux as a striker. Even moreso, men like Guisseppi Rossi getting big praise but cah even get a corbeaux despite the fact that ManU had no true striker last year with Saha injured and Rooney more like a roaming forward.

I not saying Richardson real hot, but I feel he being harshly judged. Perhaps he not ManU standard, but it really hard to replace Giggs and that was the man job.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 09:36:17 AM »

;) ;) ;)
" I dont like you at all so i will buy you and rip your ass into shape". Dat is coach..
Yuh eh see is kix I on??

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
This is an excellent signing.

22 years old, England international, Left footed.  He brings alot of top flight experience to this Sunderland team.

I really dont know how some ah allyuh could bad talk players allyuh know little about.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Richardson: Roy is the new Sir Alex
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:34 AM »
Richardson: Roy is the new Sir Alex
/ RivalsDM
Posted: 2 hours ago

Kieran Richardson admits he can see elements of Sir Alex Ferguson in new boss Roy Keane as he prepares to launch his career at Sunderland.
The 22-year-old England international could not resist his former captain's offer when Keane went back to Manchester United with £5.5million to prise away a youngster he believes still has much of his potential yet to fulfil.

Richardson knows at first hand the Irishman's determination to succeed, and acknowledges the similarities with the Scotsman whose reign at Old Trafford has been littered with major prizes.

He said: "The gaffer has definitely learnt a lot from Sir Alex. Everyone knows Sir Alex is a great manager and he's got the utmost respect of the gaffer here.

"Being at Manchester United for such a long time, he is going to pick up some tips from Sir Alex. But I am sure he will do his own thing in his own way."

Richardson's football education could hardly have been conducted at a higher level as he came through the ranks at United rubbing shoulders with the superstars who have brought the club so much success in recent years.

He admits he gleaned all he could from the likes of Keane, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo and Paul Scholes as he made his way in the game.

However, now he is ready to strike out in a new direction among players he believes can make a major impact in the Premier League this season.

He said: "Everyone knows them &#91;the United stars&#93;, they are household names, they are great players. When you came in every day, you learnt so much from them.

"But I wasn't playing on a regular basis. You would play one game and you would be out for, say, two weeks and come back in again, so it is hard to get yourself going.

"Here, now, I just want to play on a regular basis, and when you do that you get more confident and the best comes out of you.

"When I was at West Brom &#91;on loan&#93;, I played 12 games on the bounce and I felt so confident in my ability and my game, and hopefully I can do the same here.

"I am here at Sunderland now. Some players in the changing room might not be household names, but this is the beginning of the season and I am telling you now, by the end of the season, everyone will know their names."

Richardson, like fellow new arrivals Michael Chopra and midfielder Dickson Etuhu, who completed a £1.5million switch from Norwich, will not make his debut in Wednesday's friendly at Darlington.

However, it has taken him little time to gauge the level of excitement on Wearside as the start of the new season approaches.

He said: "I went for a meal with my father last night and quite a lot of people came up to me asking for an autograph.

"They made me feel welcome, and that was great. This is a massive football city.

"The Mackems love their football and I love my football too. It's great to be a part of it."

Black Cats yet to flash Gordon cash
/ RivalsDM
Posted: 47 minutes ago

Craig Gordon's agent has dismissed reports that Sunderland have submitted an increased bid of £9million for the highly-rated Hearts goalkeeper.
The Premier League side had an offer for the Scotland keeper rejected last week and reports have claimed they have increased their offer to a potential £9million.

But Gordon trained with his Hearts team-mates on Wednesday morning and the club insisted it was "business as usual".

And the 24-year-old's agent Andy Evans said: "There are absolutely no developments."

When asked if he had been informed of an increased offer from the Stadium of Light, he said: "No, but that's because there isn't one."

The Hearts skipper has two years left on his contract and has repeatedly stated he is in no rush to leave Tynecastle.

However, at the weekend he admitted he could leave before the start of the season and said he would have given any Sunderland offer "serious consideration".

Black Cats boss Roy Keane last week claimed he would sign four or five new players and he has since brought in three.

He bought former Newcastle forward Michael Chopra from Cardiff in a deal worth around £5million.

And this week Keane went back to former club Manchester United for the £5.5million signing of Kieran Richardson, and snapped up Norwich midfielder Dickson Etuhu for £1.5million.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:49:08 AM by Mr Mc »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 12:24:55 PM »
This is an excellent signing.

22 years old, England international, Left footed.  He brings alot of top flight experience to this Sunderland team.

I really dont know how some ah allyuh could bad talk players allyuh know little about.

ah love it!!

I agree. Him and Carlos on either wing gives Sunderland alot of pace and technique down the flanks. Richardson is a good player. Maybe at Man U he couldnt keep up but when he went out on loan to West Brom he was a key player in their great escape from relegation. At his young age he's got some good experience.
Hart for president

1]; } ?>