April 19, 2024, 08:10:06 AM

Author Topic: Form One Pupils Beat School Teacher  (Read 2519 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Form One Pupils Beat School Teacher
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »
Form One pupils beat school teacher
Anna-Lisa Paul alpaul@trinidadexpress.com

Friday, May 18th 2007

Four Form One pupils of the Valencia High School were arrested and charged yesterday for assaulting teacher Kayode James after he sought to correct a pupil who was using a cell phone which disturbed a class in progress.

The incident is said to have occurred shortly after classes began at 8.30 a.m. yesterday.

Reports indicated that the Form One pupil was playing music on his cell phone and was told by James that it was disturbing the class.

After repeated attempts to get the pupil to switch the phone off, James decided to take the boy to the principal's office.

The pupil, along with three others, allegedly began assaulting James who was battered, and left with minor cuts and bruises.

Officials at the Valencia Police Station confirmed that the four had been arrested and charged with assault by beating.

The boys, ages 13-15, reside at Sangre Grande, Arima, Valencia and Arouca, are expected to appear before a Sangre Grande magistrate today.

School officials have said this is not the first such incident to occur at the school, and added that the police have been called to the school on four separate occasions within the last month - for incidents of knife fights, and one case of statutory rape involving a female pupil and a taxi driver from the area.

Police officers were also called to the school last week after the computer room was broken into and equipment stolen.

Adding that "this is a school plagued by violence and disorder and a culture of lawlessness", officials said teachers were threatened and were afraid to correct pupils who continued to come to school late and without the proper uniform.

Officials said the school normally has three security guards assigned on a daily basis but that they are stationed to keep outsiders from illegally entering the premises, and following the number of incidents which occur, they are wary of getting involved.

When the Express contacted James regarding the matter, he said: "I have no comment."

While cell phones in schools have not been banned, the Ministry of Education introduced a policy document in February to regulate the use of these devices.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Form One Pupils Beat School Teacher
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »
form one

gone are the days at ages 10-12 first time attending "big" school. mudda milk still inya face.
you insecure, socks high to ya knees, pimples galore, ya trying to make friends with form two students just to "fit ein" and they big.
mammy still putting ya peanut butter sandwich in ya bag
and she standing out by dey gate after school to take ya home

what dey hell happened ???

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
dat teacher is ah mama man.  3 form one students could ever beat me?

steups.

one or three ah dem woulda dead.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 06:36:06 AM »

steups.

indeed...at least one ah dem was gehhing choke to within inches ah he life!! >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:53:34 AM »
for some reason the guy's name sounds familiar. i am not sure if he used to be a reporter or something.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 09:56:32 AM »
for some reason the guy's name sounds familiar. i am not sure if he used to be a reporter or something.
meh fren tell meh he is a member of triniscene forum. he rela popular there
the paper making the scene sound bigger than it was...he eh get beat up..from what i hear..and de fatc is he kinda hold him self back from hitting dem. he is one huge fella.
at any rate unless a student coem to me with a knife me eh hitting them either, caus eher eu quicker loss yuh wuk than anythign happen to de child.
if they have nay and i say any kinda of weapon it different but....hand to hand u could lose in more ways than one oui
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 09:57:38 AM »
form one

gone are the days at ages 10-12 first time attending "big" school. mudda milk still inya face.
you insecure, socks high to ya knees, pimples galore, ya trying to make friends with form two students just to "fit ein" and they big.

Form one!?? Lord..in true.  I remember my first week in Form One.  Every mornin I make meh father wait with meh till bell ring fuss ah was shy and nervous.  Imagine beating up ah teacher at dat age?  Is someting in de water?
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
form one

Form one!?? Lord..in true.  I remember my first week in Form One.  Every mornin I make meh father wait with meh till bell ring fuss ah was shy and nervous.  Imagine beating up ah teacher at dat age?  Is someting in de water?

the only thing i did in form one which was ah continuation for primary school was to fight
but dat was over when ah form 2 girl give meh dey finest cutass
shes meh good friend today doh  ;D

umm yeah ah was shy and nervous too...is ah big school and no recess to sleep for long :'(

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
In form 1 in benedicts one of meh teachers was Jan Steadman
picture 3 of we tryin to  run in to that frickin beast at that age....shit i iz 25 now & i still not goin to go up against ah beast like that. I remember jan tellin we how he go kill we if ah student ever try to battle him  :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »

steups.

fuh real,i always say it have different breed of men.da teacher is ah blasted joke.i woulda wreack havoc on they sc**t.when ah done with them ah woulda make suck one another tongue.make them into some bitches.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »
I saw this story fitting to post, because of some of the statements I read regarding not taking slap from a 12 year old.
Either way, somebody would have ended up with a manslaughter charge...right ?  Hope is one of you all, because the youths certainly not taking lash from allyuh...

Boy, 13, guilty of manslaughter
By FRANCIS JOSEPH Saturday, May 19 2007

A 13-year-old boy pleaded guilty yesterday to killing a 14-year-old in what can be regarded as the fastest trial to reach the courts. The killing took place last December 18 and the trial was called in the Port-of-Spain High Court on May 18.

This prompted Justice Devan Rampersad to say, “five months, this is most impressive. Maybe, this is a sign of things to come in the criminal justice system.”

Justice Rampersad, presiding in the Port-of-Spain Fifth Criminal Court, directed the media not to disclose the name of the convicted boy. He said nothing positive would come out by the media publishing the name of the boy, although he did acknowledge that the public has a right to know what goes on in the courts.

When the matter was called, the boy pleaded not guilty to murder, but guilty of manslaughter. The facts were then read to the court.

Around 9 pm on December 18, 2006, the accused, who was 12 years old at the time, left his home at Upper Pashley Street, Laventille, to go to Miss Jill’s Shop on Trou Macque Road.

On his way there, he passed his sister and a neighbour sitting in front of his house. On arrival at the shop, he met Michael Forde, 14, and another youth. The youth approached the accused and slammed his head onto a nearby church wall.

The accused started to cry and said ‘I not taking that so, I fed up.” The accused ran home, went into the house and came back outside with a knife. He was still crying. He ran down Trou Macque hill towards Forde and the youth.

The accused jumped into a culvert and after an exchange of words with Forde, stabbed him in the heart. Forde got up and ran a short distance before he collapsed.

Forde was taken to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital where he died. A post-mortem conducted the following day revealed that Forde died as a result of a stab wound to the heart.

After the stabbing, the accused met his mother who took away the knife. The woman took her son to the Besson Street Police Station.

On December 19, the police interviewed the accused in the presence of his mother. They recorded a statement in which the accused admitted the stabbing.

Defence attorney Patrick Godson-Phillips commended the judiciary and the office of the DPP for the expeditious manner in which the case was brought to trial.

“I am pleased to see that the wheels of justice spin in a certain way.” Godson-Phillips asked for a probation officer’s report and for the accused to be released in the custody of his grandmother pending sentence. “He has already undergone trauma..his relatives too. The community where the accused and the deceased come from has had a sympathetic view of this case.”

State attorney Jeron Joseph, who accepted the manslaughter plea, said this was a case of provocation.

He had no objections to the accused being released in the care of his gradmother who was allowed to sit at the bar table.

Godson-Phillips also commended the investigating officer, acting Cpl Larry Lodhar for working tirelessly during the Christmas holidays on this case.

In the end, Justice Rampersad ordered that the accused be kept at the Youth Training Centre at Arouca pending sentence on May 31. He also ordered a probation officer’s report, a medical report, a school report, and a psychiatric evaluation to be done on the accused.

The accused joined a list of young offenders who were guilty of killings - Chuck Attin (25 years), Leroy Andrews (28 years), Ria Rampersad (four years), Otis Melville (23 years), Sean Alleyne (20 years), and Philbert Foster.

1]; } ?>