April 23, 2024, 12:58:13 AM

Author Topic: CAVALIERS V PISTONS  (Read 8378 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
CAVALIERS V PISTONS
« on: May 18, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »
ah rematch of last year conference semi final.pistons won 4-3.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CAVALIERS V PISTONS
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 07:43:20 PM »
Nettsss losss  ??? ,oh u predicting ....they lossss ent hahahahha VC is pus hole no title with that softman jedd ..yeahhhhhhhhhh hahahh :wavetowel:

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 01:49:19 PM »
Yes, the Nets lost. Game 1 of this series is tonight at Auburn Hills. I think the Pistons win it in 6 games.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:58:04 AM »
detroit take game one 79-76.king james had ah poor poor game.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:44:01 AM »
Last night's game is the reason I stop watching pre and post-game shows and ESPN in general.
There are waaaay too many people on tv willing to talk s*** about a game.

So...
Dying seconds of the game, Cavs down 2, Lebron gets the ball drives to the lane, gets triple-teamed, and kicks it out to a Wide-open Donyll Marshall, for the game-winning 3 pointer. Which of course Donyell misses. Now, Donyell has been put on the floor in the last seconds by the coach to shoot the wide-open game-winning 3 pointer should he have the opportunity.

Sports pundit verdict? Lebron is a loser, he should have taken the shot himself. Argument - jordan would have taken the shot.

So... because the best player in the history of the game would have taken the shot. Lebron should have taken a low-percentage shot over 3 players instead of kicking it to the wide-open player who hit six! 3 pointers in the previous game.

Of course, I recall Jordan kicking the ball out to a wide-open Paxon or Steve Kerr a few times in the playoffs.

At least Charles Barkley is funny.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:45:49 AM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 09:29:14 AM »
First of all, the sports pundits always act like they know what would/should happen when it didn't so Bitter dont be surprised by their reactions.  It simple..if marshall had scored then lebron would have done the right thing..if he had taken the shot and scored, then lebron would have done the right thing...the bottom line is..his team did not win so he did the wrong thing, that is how it goes.

However, I feel ppl are on lebron's case because quite a few times in the past he has opted to pass and not take the final shot resulting in losses, not taking enough sgots in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line...then again nuff times he took over the game and made shots to lead his team to victory...the bottom line is..his team did not win so he did the wrong thing.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »
Is a good thing is a team sport.
One of the major problems with the NBA is the marketing that have man feeling that one player is all you need to dominate.
The Spurs might be boring to some, but they doh need Timmah to score 50 points to win, and he is still a great player.

I just find the nonstop progression of men on tv talking s*** should stop. If ah man flashy, they vex he doh honor the spirit of the game, if he not flashy enough, they find he too boring. I was just getting vex yesterday after listening to tht stupidness on the radio all day.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 07:18:31 AM »
detroit take two game lead 79-76

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 10:10:40 AM »
This game was funny...the same outcome...the only difference is lebron did what the "experts" said he should have done in game 1..take the shot...."King" James should not be blaming the ref..take responsibility..as a matter of fact he should blame his fellow starters..Hughes, Gooden and Ilgauskas for scoring zero points in the second half..doh blame de ref..

Lebron supporting cast is not as good as those of the top players/teams but they still need to produce..lebron cant win a championship on his own...Jordan proved that.

Regarding the ref..Lebron is not on that level as yet to get that call...players such as Jordan, Magic, Bird, Isiah, etc. would have gotten the call but "King" James has not won any championships to get that call on the road against a championship team...was it a foul?..yeah but that is the thing with refs in the NBA...some calls are based on the venue of the game and the players involved...I have see Jordan get away with a few travels in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:15:24 AM by real madness »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »
This game was funny...the same outcome...

I still cyah get over dat....HOW friggin BIZARRE is that?

I sure dat NEVER happen before...and probably wont again
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 09:31:03 PM »
cleveland take game three 88-82.detroit lead 2-1.king james play like he suppose to and eh chicken out from takin shots.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 08:18:04 AM »
The fact that you have to have respect from the refs to get a foul call is BS of the highest order.
what is the point of having a ref, if you know, that Jordan can push off and make a shot and no whistle, but if you breathe on him too hard, you get the foul called on you.

Then again, Basketball is the only sport I know where you can jump into a man and then they call the foul on him.

At least the cavs making the eastern conf finals a lil interesting.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
The fact that you have to have respect from the refs to get a foul call is BS of the highest order.
what is the point of having a ref, if you know, that Jordan can push off and make a shot and no whistle, but if you breathe on him too hard, you get the foul called on you.

Then again, Basketball is the only sport I know where you can jump into a man and then they call the foul on him.

At least the cavs making the eastern conf finals a lil interesting.
A truer story has never been told. I've never understood how Jordan can get a foul and for a similar play a player of lesser status gets nothing. A foul is clearly defined in the rules, as is travelling, double dribble, etc. Yet when it comes to imposing bans for stepping onto the court the rule is clear and there is no compromise or consideration in applying it.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 07:05:36 AM »
de cavs win game four 91-87.so is best ah three now.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 09:58:43 PM »
king james had ah big big BIG nite.scoring cavs last 25 points in de 109-107 victory.cavs lead 3-2.game 6 sat in cleveland.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 10:06:45 PM »
I don't know whether to praise Lebron or castigate the pistons.
The man take all the shots in the 4th and OT when he come in and yuh still letting him run?
Still though, that was a hell of a performance by Lebron. Everytime I say, nah, he cyah make a next shot...

The sad part is, either team going to get beatdown by Timmah and the Spurs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:20:31 AM by Bitter »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 10:12:35 PM »
I feel obligated to comment on that game.  But what can I really say at this time?

25 straight points (including OT) to end a game?  I wonder what the criticism will be next time the Cavs lose a game.  they'll probably say he's a ball hog.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »

The sad part is, either team going to get beatdown by Timmah and the Spurs.

is a good thing most sports don't get played on paper.  I eh saying the Spurs ent going to win, but how much times people go have to make statements like that before they learn?

just in the recent past alone:

Florida supposedly had no chance against Ohio State in the 2007 BCS championship.
Texas had no chance against USC in the 2006 BCS championship/Rose Bowl.
It didn't matter who win the NL, the Tigers was going to beat them in the 2006 World Series.
I am not the biggest hockey fan, but I remember a talk that the Sabres was going to win the Stanley Cup this year.
Or what about the time that the Pistons had no chance against the Lakers a few years back.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 05:19:39 AM »
I have to support my Thomian brothas.
So I backing Timmah to win  it all. And I think that the spurs match up better with either team.
Plus, the Cavs barely beat the wizards, and since Agent zero and Butler was injured, I cyah give them no props.  ;D

I predict a beatdown by Timmah and the spurs. 4-1. Spurs losing game 1 b/c they rusty

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 07:20:07 AM »
yep de cavs and pistons fightin ah losin battle,none of them could beat spurs.but like i said since at de start ah de regular season,ah team from de west was winnin.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2007, 07:57:17 AM »
The same  thing was said about Miami last year,the pundits did not give them a chance against Dallas but D-Wade stole the show.
During the regular season Cavaliers have a 2-0 record against the Spurs and it will be interesting to see the outcome in a 7 game series. I don't think it will be as lopsided as everyone thinks and  after last nights performance by King James, I believe the Cavaliers have a chance to pull it out.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 12:25:14 PM »
my early prediction at the start of the playoff was spurs defeating the pistons but the way lebron playing these days especially last night, it appears as though it will be a spurs/cavs final and as someone said DWade took over last year and won, and Lebron is capable of doing the same, it should be a good final if it happens...i still pick the Spurs to win.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
game 6 will b ah war.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »
king james playing some good ball for a 22 year old, i woulda love 2 see him in the old nba, rather than this glorified ncaa it has turned into... >:(

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »
king james playing some good ball for a 22 year old, i woulda love 2 see him in the old nba, rather than this glorified ncaa it has turned into... >:(
wuh shit yuh talkin old nba,wuh is that.the game progressin.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 03:33:41 PM »
i went in my bed after regulation time b/c i had a feeling if i had watched the rest i would have gone to bed fuming..get up today to hear james drop 48...tayshaun try his best but u need another strong guy to defend lebron, he is a beast.  i feel detroit will win in cleveland, i feel cavs will come out timid.   any word on mcdyess?

even if cavs do win they have to beat about 8 or 9 spurs b/c that team is deep and play like robots...no fear.  dry so they will pull up and sink threes.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »

In addition to being a football and cricket expert, TI is also a "real baller"
He want to go back to man-on-man defending, where the whole game is a series of one-on-one plays.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 10:57:02 AM »

In addition to being a football and cricket expert, TI is also a "real baller"
He want to go back to man-on-man defending, where the whole game is a series of one-on-one plays.
fuh ah second ah thought yuh said real buller,but ah read again.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 11:25:30 AM »
detroit looking clueless in crunch time in the past 3 games and i expect cavs to win game 6 unless they have ah flashback to last tear and choke...detroit needs to stop lebron and force the other cowards on the cavs to shoot.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »
cavs have pistons reelin with 2 min to go

1]; } ?>