June 15, 2024, 10:06:42 PM

Author Topic: Do i dare suggest that we actually have a chance of winning this?  (Read 1894 times)

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok I was severely criticised for posting the "pray for rain" post, but looking at it 401 to win, 90 overs to get it, its not impossible. England are a bowler short, Harmison is bowling toilet, Plunkett should be no worry once we bat him properly...leaving Panesar. Panesar will be the main threat but if we get a good start tomorrow-who knows? If we bat normally not lose too many wickets we could be in with a chance. Don't get me wrong, the first thing should be to bat, bat and bat some more; but who knows if we get to tea say 200 odd for 3 or something like that anything could happen.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Do i dare suggest that we actually have a chance of winning this?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 04:59:12 PM »
we have a chance. not a great chance. and there have been many "chances" we've had in similar situations. and we've never done it. hardly anyone ever does chase down a large score on the last day. realistically i'd be very very pleasantly surprised if we win or even come close to winning. i'd be happy just to salvage a draw

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
maybe if Ganga still there by lunch
other than that..me ent see dem novice going past 200
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:56:37 PM »
we hav a chance but is for those guys to put down they head and play proper cricket shots...dey hav ah tendency of gettin out too soft and to quick in succession like den share d sane umbilical cord..gayle go be he usual rowdy self..i want him to be cuz he not to good at dis patience ting...once ganga is there he'll provide a steadying influence for them an kno wen to tell dem to take it down a notch..sarwan hadda step up not just as a premier batsman but as d captain to lead from d front and also to coach d fragile mindset of these big men who bat like kids.
We winnin it..ah promise.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 12:50:50 AM »
Like ah true waggonist.  Ent yuh was praying fuh rain de other day?

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 01:02:08 AM »
skys are dark this morning (currently 8 am UK time) and light showers with heavy bursts are predicted for most of this afternoon. Very unlikely to get a result and that is reflected in the current bookies odds which are

1/4 The Draw
10/3 England
50/1 West Indies
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 02:44:22 AM »
Like ah true waggonist.  Ent yuh was praying fuh rain de other day?

Still say is rain to save Waste Indies .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 10:20:23 AM »
89 for 0 doh sound like rain save we.  Dat wicket dead boss and minus Hoggard, who knows?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 05:18:33 AM »
I dont think we would have won it, had we had the whole day... I think we would have posted ah decent score though with Gayle prolly just missin out on his century.... Ganga just missin out on his half century because i maintain that he never gets more the 49 in the first test and Chanders and Sarwo woulda prolly held it up for ah man like Bravo to come in ah push it on... prolly woulda been ah 290-310-6/7

It would've been aslightly close call... but this way im happy... get some confidence brewing first... let them smell little bit of blood they've spilt so far... hopefully they'll finally manifest a craving for it and look to make england bleed more.

ON WITHTHE SERIES!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>