April 28, 2024, 01:57:15 PM

Author Topic: Greene running women's times now....  (Read 3226 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Greene running women's times now....
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
Preliminaries                                                           
  1 DERRICK ATKINS               USA                      10.11Q  1.1  1
  2 TYSON GAY                    USA                      10.18Q  0.4  2
  3 STEVE MULLINGS               JAM                      10.19Q  1.1  3
  4 DARVIS PATTON                USA                      10.11Q  1.1  1
  5 DWIGHT PHILLIPS              USA                      10.20Q  1.1  3
  6 DWIGHT THOMAS                JAM                      10.23Q  0.4  2
  7 GARRY JONES                  USA                      10.23q  1.1  1
  8 LEROY DIXON                  USA                      10.25q  1.1  1
  8 DANIEL BAILEY                ANT                      10.25q  1.1  3
 10 MARCUS BRUNSON               USA                      10.26   1.1  1
 11 DABRYAN BLANTON              USA                      10.28   1.1  3
 12 BERNARD WILLIAMS             USA                      10.31   0.4  2
 13 TRELL KIMMONS                USA                      10.31   0.4  2
 14 LEONARD SCOTT                USA                      10.34   1.1  1
 15 MARC BURNS                   TRI                      10.38   0.4  2
 16 JJ JOHNSON                   USA                      10.40   0.4  2
 17 JOSHUA NORMAN                USA                      10.53   1.1  3
 18 WES FELIX                    USA                      10.73   0.4  2
 19 MAURICE GREENE               USA                      10.84   1.1  3

Finals                                                                     
  1 TYSON GAY                    USA                       9.79   2.5       
  2 DERRICK ATKINS               USA                       9.86   2.5       
  3 STEVE MULLINGS               JAM                      10.02   2.5       
  4 DWIGHT PHILLIPS              USA                      10.06   2.5       
  5 DWIGHT THOMAS                JAM                      10.07   2.5       
  6 DARVIS PATTON                USA                      10.11   2.5       
  7 GARRY JONES                  USA                      10.12   2.5       
  8 DANIEL BAILEY                ANT                      10.25   2.5       
 -- LEROY DIXON                  USA                        DNF   2.5       

The women's final was won in 10.90 by Torri Edwards!!!

This is why u don't stick around after you are (way) past your prime...ala Jordan, Holyfield et al.  It's embarrassing. I have begged him for 3 years to stop.  After the race he said he knows where he is and he knows what he needs to do.  Lawd.

BTW it is officially time for Marc Bruns to leave Auburn, and Derrick Atkins is for real and not from the USA at all he is Bahamian, their new national record holder at 9.98 legal wind - and cousin to Asafa Powell  :o.

OTHER RESULTS: http://www.adidastrackclassic.com/2007/events/index.htm
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 04:36:52 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Greene running women's times now....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 04:55:38 PM »
Ato, yuh sayin yuh partner buss? But what going on with burns?, didn't get a chance to see the heats on T.V.
But Gay's run is mighty impressive, it transalates into a 9.90 in basic conditions and 9.84 with a 1.0m/s wind, looks like Asafa go have he work cut out for him and the new man on the block Atkins looking real good he self.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »
Buss ent the word man, I mean oh lawd 10.8? And he ent stop eh he run the whole thing....steups...just ruining a legacy.  You have a GOAT tattoo on yuh arm and running this? For what?

I didnt see any either I am in the middle east but saw the times and was on MSN with people who were watching...

Atkins is the real deal I think, and he confirmed his 9.98 from last month.  Unless Gay can start with Asafa forget it, but he does have the best chance because he has better speed endurance than Asafa....

The joke is that I think right now it's really a 3 man race.  Asafa, Gay and Brown....Atkins leads the rest.  Prefontaine will reveal everything I need to know to make my picks for this year.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 05:32:03 PM »
Gay got a good start this time and really picked it up mid-race, with Athkins close the whole time. But Gay's opener is no joke i think he will beat Asafa during the course of the summer and as far as worlds go it will come down to better rounds management and who could handle the finals pressure. Will also go out on a limb and say that the WR is going to go at some point during the summer, but will love for it to go in the final's at world's.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 05:41:49 PM »
Gay got a good start this time and really picked it up mid-race, with Athkins close the whole time. But Gay's opener is no joke i think he will beat Asafa during the course of the summer and as far as worlds go it will come down to better rounds management and who could handle the finals pressure. Will also go out on a limb and say that the WR is going to go at some point during the summer, but will love for it to go in the final's at world's.

the question is whether this Gay fella is going to disappoint like Gatlin etc. ?
lot of clean up and time is needed to convince people that anyone is the real deal ...... big game times are always slower ...some feel because the substance abuse is minimised at that time ....
of course we find out about these positive results, if you are american, years later dont we ?
so i guess I will wait on the early big games to give my vote....and then some !

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:42:11 AM »
Buss ent the word man, I mean oh lawd 10.8? And he ent stop eh he run the whole thing....steups...just ruining a legacy.  You have a GOAT tattoo on yuh arm and running this? For what?

I didnt see any either I am in the middle east but saw the times and was on MSN with people who were watching...

Atkins is the real deal I think, and he confirmed his 9.98 from last month.  Unless Gay can start with Asafa forget it, but he does have the best chance because he has better speed endurance than Asafa....

The joke is that I think right now it's really a 3 man race.  Asafa, Gay and Brown....Atkins leads the rest.  Prefontaine will reveal everything I need to know to make my picks for this year.

Ato whatever became of that guy from Greece who ran the 200 with you?

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 08:27:07 AM »

the question is whether this Gay fella is going to disappoint like Gatlin etc. ?
lot of clean up and time is needed to convince people that anyone is the real deal ...... big game times are always slower ...some feel because the substance abuse is minimised at that time ....of course we find out about these positive results, if you are american, years later dont we ?
so i guess I will wait on the early big games to give my vote....and then some !

I think you could attribute times being slightly slower at major champs, because you have to go through 4 rounds instead of it just being a one-off race and for the most part guys run very close to their PB's in the finals at major champs.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 11:20:19 AM »
Ato i on meh lunck break so i DOH HAVE MUCH TIME TO GO INTO THIS EXTENSIVELY but just reading this srticle and what he said and what yiure saying I came up with this theory....now i imagine youknow better youre the man  partnah but it ever occurred to you that without track maurice might not have much else to do...i mean in comparison to you he is no where near as marketable and he is an american! Youve been a senator a broadcaster a , national sprint coach fro the saudi's , youve been with the socawarriors.....some men use track as a cushion for other things ...others just need it for the attention they get from being good at it....when you won ure races it was mad fun to watch you  react and talk trash to your competitors and all that if maurice won hed get the attention if he disnt and if he doesnt he fades into the background like now.....Like i said i may be wrong you may have an idea but only one person knows the answer and thats maurice greene himself anyway im off to work peace out bois

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
Here are some of the races form the adidas meet.
Men's 200m    http://folk.uio.no/perel/07adidasM200.mpg
Men's 100m    http://folk.uio.no/perel/07adidasM100.mpg
Women's 100mH     http://folk.uio.no/perel/07adidas100h.mpg

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 03:14:09 PM »
Ngozi all you said is true, but the I don't think the solution to "don't have many other talents or abilitiies outside of 100m" is not to "stick around long enough where you would have been leaning hard to beat the women's 100m winner."

I know Mo long time and I know what he can and can't do, and I know he can't come back from the abuse his body has gone thru since 1997. I dance the other night in Saudi and wake up the next morning like someone beat me up.  And I run 28 sub-tens he ran 52!  That is almost twice as many, and I didn't party, drink (etc!) half as much as he has. 

And just when I think ok this is his wake up call yesterday, the man say after the race he legs weak and he go win trials in a month for sure!  Is 10.84 he run, with a wind behind him!!  I ran that when I was 16 in my first season! Darrel Brown run that at 13!  Men in the stadium running that all now!  I retired after a 10.4 in 2004!

It's what made Jordan and Holyfield and many others great that kept them around too long as well.  The brain can't accept (or process) that the body will no longer do what used to be an afterthought.  Many other top athletes suffered from it.  I can't remember footballers off the top of my head who fit into this category like all yuh, but there are tons. 

It's sad and because is mih pardna it worse - I told him to done the ole talk and retire - 2 years ago! 

It is no longer there, and hasn't been for a while.  I felt mine slip away in 1999 when I got hurt bad - and it was all downhill after, his was 2001 when he ran thru that injury at 90m to win in Edmonton, Canada in 9.82.  Look at his results since.  2002 was a disaster, didn't make the Worlds finals in 2003, 2004 bounced back to bronze 100m, 2005 zero - first year with no sub tens since 1996, 2006 atrocious.  It's not because of this he should be done, it's because of what anyone with 2 eyes can see of the past 5 years! He is 33 in July as well. And made his first US team in 1995, at 21!

9.87 for 3rd in Athens, which everyone around, including Hasley lost money to me on because they couldn't see how he would possibly medal, might have been the best thing he ever did, because I know that even then there was no gas in the tank, but the adrenaline and experience in that 100m final moment helped.  Most sprinters who medal, medal or at least factor in 2 Olympic games - then that's it. Hasely was '72 and '76. I was '96 and '00, Carl was '84 and '88, Frankie was '92 and '96, Linford was '88 and '92......it's not rocket science.  8 years at the top ent easy in this or any sport.

Sad.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:29:40 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 04:23:42 PM »
Yea Ato, i was talking to another man on another borad, who you know very well and he says that once Mo gets healthy he will be fine, but as much as i liked him when he was in his prime, i think i will have to agree and say that greene should hang them boots up. I really don't seeing Mo going sub-10 in one month or running 9.8x to beat Tyson Gay for the win that he is promising.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »
Getting healthy would imply he is hurt. He isn't!
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>