April 24, 2024, 03:30:24 PM

Author Topic: Government Ministers abuse of Credit Cards  (Read 6773 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Government Ministers abuse of Credit Cards
« on: May 20, 2007, 05:20:39 PM »
Bank statements concerning the Government’s individual travel card, held by Planning Minister Camille Robinson-Regis, show a number of transactions of US$1,000 each conducted at the American Fertility Clinic in New York in June, 2006.
The statements, produced yesterday by Opposition back-bencher MP Ganga Singh (COP), also show:
* Purchase of jewelry at Christies Sothers (New York) for US$6,420 on June 1, 2006

* Purchase of clothing at Max’s Better Dresses (New York) for US$259 on June 9, 2006

* Purchase of items at Bitz N Pieces (New York) for US$607.81 on June 9, 2006

* Purchase of items at Lighthouse Lighting Corp (New York) for US$3,118.99 on June 13, 2006.

Singh produced the documents after Wednesday’s Lower House sitting, when he quoted from a report of the Comptroller of Accounts.

The Comptroller’s report concerned contraventions of the Government’s individual (Visa Gold) travel card by 29 senior officials, including Robinson-Regis and seven other ministers.

Cabinet, according to Minute 2412 of August 26, 2004, approved the card for official overseas travel and local entertainment expenses for 120 government officials and holders of certain offices under the Salaries Review Commission.

The card has a limit of US$10,000 for government holders, and is issued by First Citizens Bank.

Singh had said on Wednesday that according to the Comptroller of Accounts’ report, Robinson-Regis had a credit card overdraft of $174,000.
Singh claimed that the money was used to buy jewelry, clothing and light fixtures.

Comptroller’s report

According to the Comptroller’s report, Robinson-Regis incurred an expense of $10,951 in April, which was described as “private use,” another in May for the same purpose, in the sum of $26,352.56, and the biggest in June of $176,453.59.
Robinson-Regis subsequently denied she had made improper use of the travel card.

She said the two large amounts were cash advances that were to put the card in credit to pay for medical expenses overseas. She said one could not take a large amount of cash to the hospital and had to put the amounts onto the card as a cash advance.
She did not state what medical treatment was sought. The credit card statement listed several transactions of US$1,000 each conducted at the American Fertility Service in New York for the period June 5 to 13. Robinson-Regis returned to work in April after giving birth to twins in January.

Robinson-Regis said Cabinet ministers were entitled to medical health coverage and expenses, and the card was used for this, and had “prior Cabinet approval.”

But Singh, providing the supporting bank statements yesterday, noted that several of Robinson-Regis’ card transactions involved the American Fertility Service at 115 E 57th Street Ste 500 in New York.

He also noted that Bitz N Pieces(New York) at Broadway, listed on the statement, is a leading wig and hairpiece emporium, according to Web site checks.

Christies’ Sothers, at 109 East 42nd Street in NY, is described as a jewelry store and Max’s Better Dresses at 851 2nd Avenue, NY, a women’s clothing store.

The bank statement also listed two cash withdrawals at the Independence Square ATM of FCB on May 23, 2006.

Item 7 on the list of 23 conditions between the Finance Minister and the cardholder states that the card is not to be used for private purposes or foreign entertainment.

Item 8 stipulates that no local cash advances are to be made with the card; however, cash withdrawals are allowed while on official overseas travel.

In excess

Item 9 states that the credit card limit must not be exceeded at any time without prior approval of the Minister of Finance.

The bank reserves the right to refuse such increases if the cardholder is in arrears by more than 30 days.

Unauthorised excess amounts are repayable immediately.

Item 15 stipulates that if there is an outstanding balance 30 days after the statement date, the Comptroller of Accounts will issue instructions to the relevant accounting officer to have amounts deducted from the next month’s salary up to the maximum of the net salary, any allowances and/or retirement benefits, until the total outstanding balance is repaid.

Singh said yesterday:

“The Hon Minister has indicated publicly that $26,000 and $176,000 were put on the card in order to pay for medical expenses, and that these expenses were approved by Cabinet, because Cabinet ministers were entitled to medical expenses.

“The credit card statement reveals a multiplicity of transactions of US$1,000 at the American Fertility Clinic in New York in June, 2006.

It is inconceivable that the terms and conditions of employment of a Cabinet Minister will provide for medical expenses for infertility treatment.”
Singh pointed out that the 80th Salaries Review Commission did not provide for the latter treatment.

“In fact, neither dental expenses nor optical expenses are covered by the SRC.

“Use of taxpayers money to deal with the infertility of a minister is an obscene and blatant breach of public policy.

“Use of the Treasury for such an intimate and personal procedure is no doubt abhorrent and disgusting to all right-thinking persons.

“No clear-thinking Cabinet could have allowed this.”

Saying that Robinson-Regis was a public figure paid by taxpayers, Singh called for her resignation:

“The data in the credit card statement demonstrates that Robinson-Regis has abused her ministerial office for which she must be held accountable.

“Purchase of the items in the statement represents a blatant breach by the minister of the agreement entered into with the Government.

“It represents use of taxpayers’ money for private purposes.

“Section 8 of the agreement prohibits local cash advances, but notwithstanding this condition, the statement points to two cash withdrawals at Independence Square FCB’s ATM.

“One does not need to be a prophetess to see that once taxpayers’ money is used to fund infertility treatment under ‘medical expenses,’ then one might expect ministers to be funded for cosmetic surgery and erectile dysfunction treatments.”

Ministry cover-up?

Singh also said a Finance Ministry statement on Friday, explaining reasons for the card, had not denied the veracity and integrity of the contents of the Comptroller of Accounts’ report he spoke about in Parliament on Wednesday.

The Finance Ministry’s statement reiterated some of the Cabinet Note’s content on the rationale for the card, noting difficulties experienced by government officials when on official business travel.

The Finance Ministry’s statement also stated that the report Singh spoke about in Parliament was “dated,” and that “any anomalies that may have arisen have been addressed or satisfactory arrangements made to address them.”

But Singh said:

“With respect to Minister Robinson-Regis, there is an entry in the Comptroller of Accounts that states, inter alia:

“‘Minister to PS Minister of Finance dated 30/01/2007 awaiting response.’

“So the report is exposed some three months after that entry. The exposure of abuse of power and misuse of public office, some three months later cannot be regarded as dated.

“There can be no limitations on the abuse of ministerial power.”

Describing the Ministry’s statement as a cover-up, Singh added:

“The ministry’s statement states that ‘any anomalies that may have arisen have been addressed or satisfactory arrangement made to address them.’

“What are those arrangements. What were those breaches?

“The ministry must come clean, as this issue is pregnant with abuse of power. Why was the Visa Gold card account of the Planning Minister not provided to the Auditor General’s Department, notwithstanding their requests for the same?”

The Finance Minister’s statement on Friday had noted that the card facility was subject to scrutiny by the Auditor General

________________________________________________________________________________

dem really boldfaced yes..taking taxpayers money for she sperm shots  ;D
i ent understand the part bout the cash advance though..why didnt she just open up ah US$ account in NY like how Bas do in London?  ;)
even though she pt credit on the card ahead..doesnt that still get charged the rate as a cash advance?

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Government Ministers abuse of Credit Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 07:01:10 AM »
watch how this thread going and die....all of a sudden, nobody have inside information anymore. This not that outrageous at all it seems. How dare anyone expose ANOTHER sitting minister of corrupt practices?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:29:44 AM »
Ah would like to see a government minister go to jail ,ah think WI iz one of the countrys in the world that government ministers dont go to jail and stay for a long time.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 07:32:21 AM »
Ah would like to see a government minister go to jail ,ah think WI iz one of the countrys in the world that government ministers dont go to jail and stay for a long time.

Yuh forget Dhanraj spend a couple years in remand yard for murder ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 11:48:15 AM »
and Panday make ah jail too...convicted felon.

But hear nah credit misuse is not a crime per se...but the offenders ahould be deat with in an open and transparent manner.

Some body leak de info...lol

POLITICS!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 12:31:38 PM »
When was the last time ah politrickshon went to gail and spend yearz for teifing  in WI . OR FOR THAT MATTER T&T
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 01:14:59 PM »
I don't care if she paid back the money. It was improper use of the card.
Out of decency I think she should resign.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »
kyah kyah I ent sure if I am as vex as I should be nuh - so she buy jewelry and so on with the card that bad but unlike the other crap they waste money on at least here I could see where the money going....I sorry she personal business in the street so though, I mean oh lawd....everybody know now she get some help to make them chirren.

But yes of course people should be damn pissed - she run up your "work" card to do personal stuff....is taxpayers money she using.
BORN TO DO IT

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 05:55:13 PM »
is she not responsible for repaying the money?

And Ato, I have been to T&T 8 times in the past 3 months.   I have spoken to several CEO's of MAJOR companies...including some who are knowledgeable of the Smelter issue....and they have very strong opinions on why the Smelter is a GOOD option!

And as for crime they all claim that the newspapers in T&T make it worse than it is and that there has indeed been a decrease in crime..all types over the last 3 years.

Care to comment...anyone?

I have not seen stats, I am simply parroting what was said to me by businessmen...who by the way seem to think that Dooks is the best choice, but he lacks teeth and he cannot shake the image that he stuck with Panday for so long despite knowing what he does about the man!

They also said that they cannot call Manning a corrupt man at all, but they did asy their impression is that he is not the brightest man.

I saw well paved roads, lots of new street lights and much construction going on.  I saw so many expensive cars and so much traffic, i was left to wonder if things are so bad at home, where are trinis getting the money.  real estate is booming and the prices have sky rocketed...yet the new homes are being sold very rapidly.
 And the rail project also got a thumbs up from these business men.
Hotels, Technology industry, and heavy industry springing up all over de place.

what is the reason for that?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 06:16:43 PM by truetrini »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 09:30:50 PM »
is she not responsible for repaying the money?

And Ato, I have been to T&T 8 times in the past 3 months.   I have spoken to several CEO's of MAJOR companies...including some who are knowledgeable of the Smelter issue....and they have very strong opinions on why the Smelter is a GOOD option!

And as for crime they all claim that the newspapers in T&T make it worse than it is and that there has indeed been a decrease in crime..all types over the last 3 years.

Care to comment...anyone?

I have not seen stats, I am simply parroting what was said to me by businessmen...who by the way seem to think that Dooks is the best choice, but he lacks teeth and he cannot shake the image that he stuck with Panday for so long despite knowing what he does about the man!

They also said that they cannot call Manning a corrupt man at all, but they did asy their impression is that he is not the brightest man.

I saw well paved roads, lots of new street lights and much construction going on.  I saw so many expensive cars and so much traffic, i was left to wonder if things are so bad at home, where are trinis getting the money.  real estate is booming and the prices have sky rocketed...yet the new homes are being sold very rapidly.
 And the rail project also got a thumbs up from these business men.
Hotels, Technology industry, and heavy industry springing up all over de place.

what is the reason for that?

u speak alot of sense tt, but manning is a corrupt man and he hasnt addressed the situation in the lower income areas, they claiming poverty is down 16%, i think some people need to take a walk thru de plannings and up the hill.. i also think the amount of drugs that is in the ghetto and lack social workers has also not been addressed, so the ceos of the companies could say dey dont trust dooks bc he stick by panday, but manning appointed his wife the education minister when they have 10 other people much more qualified and would do a better job, i know about 3 of dem personally..

God is de BOSS....

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 01:52:41 AM »

I wish they would just admit wrong doing AND take the appropriate punishment for it.
Ah mean...if someone lower down the ranks did this they may very well get fired even if it didn't make the papers.
Wha she buy...something in Bitz N Pieces...daiz lingerie to help make the chirren   :rotfl:

I think she knew using it was wrong from the start...as a lawyer she can't claim ignorance.  Is not like is small bills she run up either.  No way in hell they having her resign in an election year if they could help it.

TT...there has been a decline in some major crimes for the year but I not sure if it is a temporary thing or what led to it.  Still waiting to see if there is the usual spike to start things off again.  I glad the police made some commendable progres in the Vindra case....everybody all around could take a morale boost from that.

Smelter might be good in theory but I sure that theory need us to have more gas than the records showing.  Manning said that the geological formations in T&T are more complex than usual so that is why our proven gas reserves so low...steupse

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 05:39:15 AM »

I wish they would just admit wrong doing AND take the appropriate punishment for it.
Ah mean...if someone lower down the ranks did this they may very well get fired even if it didn't make the papers.
Wha she buy...something in Bitz N Pieces...daiz lingerie to help make the chirren   :rotfl:

I think she knew using it was wrong from the start...as a lawyer she can't claim ignorance.  Is not like is small bills she run up either.  No way in hell they having her resign in an election year if they could help it.

TT...there has been a decline in some major crimes for the year but I not sure if it is a temporary thing or what led to it.  Still waiting to see if there is the usual spike to start things off again.  I glad the police made some commendable progres in the Vindra case....everybody all around could take a morale boost from that.

Smelter might be good in theory but I sure that theory need us to have more gas than the records showing.  Manning said that the geological formations in T&T are more complex than usual so that is why our proven gas reserves so low...steupse

resign for what?

Panday do worse and he is walking around and still head ah de damn UNC!

steups indeed.  She repay de money....as de woman said she was always responsible for the debt...as all Ministers are.

Have you ever had a corporate business card?

You get to ue it, but when you get de bill, you get to pay it too!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 01:44:05 PM »

u cud buy sperm with corporate credit cards   :rotfl:
sorry camille but yuh look for dat   :devil:

So now Panday is the standard to follow eh.  I though he was in opposition.

resign for what?

steups indeed.  She repay de money....as de woman said she was always responsible for the debt...as all Ministers are.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »

resign for what?

You not serious right? You really think you can go use a corporate CC for elective medical care and not be called to account for it? If you could do that, PM me where you working so I could get a link up with that work.

I feel sorry knowing her illness now, but as people say, she look for that. I'm glad it came out AND that she was forced to come out and lay her business on the table. Is too bad this is where it will end.

Also, I dont understand why you keep reference to Panday when someone in the PNM does something wrong. Wrong is wrong is wrong. Stop the insularity. Call it for what its worth. She do shit expecting that nobody would know bout it and when it was revealed, she denied it initially only to have to recant her previous story. If you dont mind a government minister acting that way, thats fine. I mind.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 02:50:29 PM »
It boils down to the terms given with the card.
If she is allowed to use the card only for Govt matters then this is abuse.
If, as she claims, the card is merely a perk of the job and all personal charges are handled by her, then it's merely embarrassing.

Many corporations use the cards as a way to streamline expense reporting. I have seen cases where the holder is allowed personal charges, pre-approved, and of course payable in full.

You want to see abuse?
The City here has a Gas card for use with city vehicles. The last audit turned up many cases where more gas was pumped than the vehicle could hold, or where gas was pumped multiple times in one day. At $3.05 a gallon I'm not surprised.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
yuh know she only pay back the money supposedly cause she get ketch
the whole point to me is that the card wasnt supposed to be used for personal use..me ent feelign sorry for she
and what Panday have to do with this..like he set some benchmark to beat or what? ;D
Feliz

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »

resign for what?

You not serious right? You really think you can go use a corporate CC for elective medical care and not be called to account for it? If you could do that, PM me where you working so I could get a link up with that work.

I feel sorry knowing her illness now, but as people say, she look for that. I'm glad it came out AND that she was forced to come out and lay her business on the table. Is too bad this is where it will end.

Also, I dont understand why you keep reference to Panday when someone in the PNM does something wrong. Wrong is wrong is wrong. Stop the insularity. Call it for what its worth. She do shit expecting that nobody would know bout it and when it was revealed, she denied it initially only to have to recant her previous story. If you dont mind a government minister acting that way, thats fine. I mind.

sorry I missed the part where she denied using the card!  I js happen to find her excuse plausible.

Next thing, when you get a corporate credit card, YOU also get the bill sent to your home address, and you are responsible for repaying the balance.'

I brought Panday into it because he is walking around freely after being convicted.  And I was throwing words for feliz besides...and he knows it and why I do so...he never has anything but PNM bad laundry to report.

And while a corporate or governmental credit card is only ot be used for official travel etc.  expenses...if you read the terms for the card you will see that it overs expenses for entertainment.  her excuse is that her credit card did not work and she used the government card and repaid what was due.   deserves a slap on the wrist nutten more.

feliz said dat she only repaid it becasue it was made public..how does he know dat?  It came from the government comptroller.

steups!   and it mentioned contravention...oh boy..dem UNC desperate

NOT A DAMN SEAT FUH DEM!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 06:20:21 PM »
Ok, let me jump in this talk, as a woman, who might have more insight into woman matters.

First of all, I read the story in both the Newsday and the Express, and for whatever reason, the Express story was told from a different angle.

In the Newsday story she goes on to explain about treatment for fibroids. I have a few friends who suffer badly from this condition, and surgery is done fairly often, for your entire adult life. Sooner or later you will have to have a hysterectomy (remove your womb altogether).

My best friend once got diagnosed with 17 fibroids, and had to undergo surgery, again. Lo and behold about 3 months later she was pregnant. Totally unplanned, and she found herself having a child late in life, after she thought her child bearing days were over. From her story and a couple others I heard, once the fibroids removed, implantation of embryos will occur like in any regular female.

That said, she may have been undergoing fertility treatment, she may not. But her explaination is very plausible.

Now, on to the matter of the credit card. As a former bank officer, let me point out that a credit card is a form of a loan. Regardless of what you spend it on, it has to be paid back.

Whilst it may be inappropriate to use a corporate card for personal expenses, we've all done it. As long as you can differentiate what is personal from what is business related, you pay for your personal stuff, and the employer covers what can be defined as business expenses, i.e. the card's actual purpose.

In the case of the government, ministers or civil servants, I do not believe that the government covers expenses on the card. I will have to check with my friends at FCB ( I am sure that is the bank the cards are issued on). So once it is not related to covering transport or accomodation on official visits, official hospitality events, that sort of thing, anything spent will have to be repaid by the holder of the card.

The woman said all the expenses were repaid BEFORE this story ever broke. Since she is the one that repaid it, I guess she used out of her salary/personal money. And I believe she was granted a cheque to go have her initial surgery, which was put on the card as an advance, to ensure that there was enough credit to cover her expenses abroad. And let us not forget, whilst she may be a government minister, she has a husband, who himself is quite successful.

Having said all this, what de hell is de big fuss? She get ketch using her business card for personal reasons, fine. That it had to reach to a stage where her personal medical business had to come out was uncalled for.

I doh care if she buy ah damn ferrari with the card, all I want to know is did she pay back on the card? Yes? Well fine, move on!

What about all de damn money dat dem UNC people tief? And doh even try to rationalise dat. What is inappropriate use of a card compared to stealing/embezzling MILLIONS of US DOLLARS out of the treasury? Dey damn fass!

ANY UNC member of the house should be ashamed to even mention inappropriate spending of public funds! >:(

Look, allyuh getting meh dan vex now.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »
Ok since Redtrinigirl explain the fibroids thing..ah go say ah sorry the Hon Minister had to go through that kinda thing.
Anyway some people missing the point..if the Comptroller say he have a problem and want to investigate, then there is a problem, whether she pay it back or not or for whatever purpose she use the card for. Too bad that all the details get leaked out to the public.
So she was making all them personal doctor visit while she was on Government business trip time too?

big news..everybody theif from the Treasury..is just that now we gettign instant reports..not like before when we had to wait 10 years etc to find out Johnny O and them clean it out in the 80's

So TT..yuh think panday and dem did theif (see, i admit it  ;D) as much as the PNM in the 80's?
Honestly i ent think Manning corrupt, he too dumb to theif, is the people who around him who corrupt.
Feliz

truetrini

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 06:45:06 PM »
tell dem ..tell dem..redtrinigirl..tell dem!

Yes de PNM tief in de 80's..dat some how absolve Panday and dem/

Ah doh tink so...new tims new era.

Manning eh no tief..and yuh cyar say dem around him are unless yuh have proof.

Wey de proof?

steups.

Panday and he cohorts on de odder hand..well yuh done know!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 08:45:05 PM »
The issue is the conditions of usage of the card. It improbable that the govt would give a credit card for usage to a minister for state funds....thus it would be for personal usage. To get an analogy i see it like this....my father gave me money to go and pay the phone bill. I have a bad cold...so bad that i can't find a ABM to take out money from my account to buy some panadol....so i used the money from the phone bill to buy the medication....then took the money back out of my account to replace it. Its wrong in terms of the spirit of usage. However I replaced the money. Really and truly....how serious is that?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 11:50:17 PM »
Watch excuses.
pathetic.

Just like Akon...bad publicity is her punishment so take the shame Minister.

No one is to blame but herself and the information was rightly produced to the public.  That is why we have agencies to monitor these things and where there are no real sanctions to lash dem for doing shyte, pure embarrassment by giving the public their rightful information will suffice.

Let dem keep each other on their Ps and Qs.  If you slip you slide.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:18:23 AM by dcs »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 02:16:40 AM »
Every business credit card does come with company policy on use.
But I will tell you something from my own experience, companies like you to use the card for anything yuh want as long as yuh pay back what is not company business, they like to see yuh spending habits... casino, taking cash advances etc.

What soooo wrong with what Camille do ?
She did not pay off her balance in time an get ketch by the auditor general, if the card did not have any outstanding balances this would not have seen daylight.

Did any of you know that when UNC was in power Kamla went to Paris an get rob over 35,000 ttd... an yuh know what ? The UNC government re-imburse her !!!

What Camille do with the card is not as bad as all the redlight breaking, driving on the shoulder etc man in Trinidad doing every second.

An as a man involved in industry for the past 25 yrs , I seeing major benefits of a smelter outwieghing any of the BS Vine an dem coming up with
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 04:11:51 AM »
In the military even as a civilian worker if I use the Gov't CC for personal use I would be punished under Law. punishment can include jail time. This is pure abuse and it does not mattter what the personal situation was. Gov't CCs are for official use only. I have been offered many times the federal CC and have refused it. Although it states in our regulations that when you travel more than twice a year on official business you will use a GCC. I try to limit my travel to once  :devil:

You can not, I repeat can not use an official CC for any purpose other than official business.

No matter what her excuse was she is WRONG
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:14:48 AM by TonyTheTiger »
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 05:09:21 AM »
iN THE MILITARY EVEN AS A CIVILIAN WORKER IF i USE the Military CC for personal use I would be punished under Law. punishment can include jail time. This is pure abuse and it does not mattter what the personal situation was. Gov't CCs are for oficial use only. I have been offered many times the federal CC and have refused it. Although it states in our regulations that when you travel more than twice a year on official business you will use a GCC. I try to limit my travel to oonce  :devil:

You can not I repeat can not use an official CC for any purpose other than official business.

As I said before I think she should resign just to save face. The stupid excuse about she misinterpreted the regulations was put exclamation point on her career's lowest ebb. If we stand for integrity we must do so all the time.

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 07:42:16 AM »
In the military even as a civilian worker if I use the Gov't CC for personal use I would be punished under Law. punishment can include jail time. This is pure abuse and it does not mattter what the personal situation was. Gov't CCs are for official use only. I have been offered many times the federal CC and have refused it. Although it states in our regulations that when you travel more than twice a year on official business you will use a GCC. I try to limit my travel to once  :devil:

You can not, I repeat can not use an official CC for any purpose other than official business.

well brother I was in the military for many, many years, and I use de damn government card fuh personal business, pay it off and never a word was said to me.  yes I was warned NOT use it fuh personal business, but ah never get threatened with no jail time at all..in fact I feel yuh dead wrong on dat point.  Anyway, de bill does come directly tuh your address, yuh does make yuh travel claim, submit yuh recipts, hotel bills, car rental, per diem etc.  and de Disbursing office does cut yuh ah check,  yuh den use dat money tuh pay de credit card company.  De military doh pay de credit card comapny.

And if yuh late paying or doh pay, den dey does affect YOUR credit.  Den and only den do they notify the military about your transgression.

Let him without sin cast de first stone.

Politics real nasty oui.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 09:18:14 AM »
If we stand for integrity we must do so all the time.

allyuh read that statement.  Stop apologizing and making excuses for a well educated Minister...she is not bebeh.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 04:19:41 PM »
Ok since Redtrinigirl explain the fibroids thing..ah go say ah sorry the Hon Minister had to go through that kinda thing.
Anyway some people missing the point..if the Comptroller say he have a problem and want to investigate, then there is a problem, whether she pay it back or not or for whatever purpose she use the card for. Too bad that all the details get leaked out to the public.
So she was making all them personal doctor visit while she was on Government business trip time too?
big news..everybody theif from the Treasury..is just that now we gettign instant reports..not like before when we had to wait 10 years etc to find out Johnny O and them clean it out in the 80's

So TT..yuh think panday and dem did theif (see, i admit it  ;D) as much as the PNM in the 80's?
Honestly i ent think Manning corrupt, he too dumb to theif, is the people who around him who corrupt.

ah guess this answer meh question:
"Because I use the card, perhaps naively, as an indivdual travel card facility for which I was personally accountable, I took the opportunity while abroad to attend to some personal matters and apply personal funds to the card."

now what allyuh go say now if we find out that she sole intention was to be in New York that time?
i just cant see she going to a fertility clinic as a 'walk-in' patient..she probably had to know she had appointments setup weeks in advance...it was no 'opportunity'..it was planned
she was in NY under false pretences anyway with some 'made-up' Government business.

another thing too ah did ask concerning the cash advance
who had to pay the interest rate on the account if the payment was due?
plus she saying she personal card does always give she problems abroad..if that was you, wouldnt you have gotten another card by then or a card from a differerent bank?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:31:48 PM by Feliziano »
Feliz

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »

ah guess this answer meh question:
"Because I use the card, perhaps naively, as an indivdual travel card facility for which I was personally accountable, I took the opportunity while abroad to attend to some personal matters and apply personal funds to the card."

now what allyuh go say now if we find out that she sole intention was to be in New York that time?
i just cant see she going to a fertility clinic as a 'walk-in' patient..she probably had to know she had appointments setup weeks in advance...it was no 'opportunity'..it was planned
she was in NY under false pretences anyway with some 'made-up' Government business.

another thing too ah did ask concerning the cash advance
who had to pay the interest rate on the account if the payment was due?
plus she saying she personal card does always give she problems abroad..if that was you, wouldnt you have gotten another card by then or a card from a differerent bank?

Hold up brother. You need to read her entire parliament statement, not just read excerpts in an article.

I believe she was referring to the purchases she made on her card, not the doctor's visit. You know, the lighting and jewellery, etc.

The doctor's visit and subsequent surgery was the reason for the first trip. She did say her american trained doctor referred her case to this clinic. And she went back for a follow up.

And the funds were applied to the card BEFORE she left the country. I often do that, pay a big amount on my card so that it's in credit before I go shopping in NY.

There was no outstanding amount due on the card. There is nothing in the report to suggest this. In fact, she had paid off the debt on the card IN FULL before the story broke.

This did not come about as a result of overdue debts, or bad payment on the card or anything like that. This was just a report on what was spent on the card.

Some UNC macco saw the statement on the card and release it to they boys to cause mischief.

Bottom line, she use a company card for personal expenses, and she pay off the debt on the card with she own money. She get caught out, embarrassed and made a public apology and gave a public explainatoin.

Move on people!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2007, 01:55:49 PM »
Hold up brother. You need to read her entire parliament statement, not just read excerpts in an article.
Move on people!

Could you tell me where you were able to obtain the entire statement? I've looked at the Hansard record and its not yet available for that sitting. All this explanation for her fibroid treatment and what not is IRRELEVANT. She used the card in an inappropriate manner.

All this talk about everyone does it; Who are the UNC to speak cause them tief millions; Its insignificant cause she pay the money back...blah blah blah.
Its all irrelevent. Her initial deception and subsequent recanting of the story says alot to any objective person. Of course, if anyone critisizes the incumbents, they must be UNC and if they are UNC, then they tief millions and that is that.
So how much of those millions did Ganga Singh pocket? You seem to have plenty inside information. Please share cause I don't know.

We have jokers jumping in the thread bout past discretions of current MPs. If yuh have the info, provide it to the police, the press. Do something with it other than thow it out as an insinuation on a msg board.

I for one real happy that they keeping track of one another now. Let them have forensic audits right round.

1]; } ?>