April 24, 2024, 03:15:41 PM

Author Topic: T&TFF president tells Warriors: Contact us, we'll listen.  (Read 11804 times)

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&TFF president tells Warriors: Contact us, we'll listen.
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:46:09 PM »
By: Ian Prescott (Express).
[/size]

Blacklist ruins Wim's Gold Cup.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen said his plans for the June 6-24 CONCACAF Gold Cup have been ruined by the T&T Football Federation's blacklisting of players who represented this country at the 2006 World Cup. But the Dutchman might get a late reprieve which could work in his favour.
T&FFF president Oliver Camps seemed to be handing out an olive branch which may yet resolve the impasse between the players and the Federation, which began ten months ago over the distribution of revenue generated by the Soca Warriors' qualification for the World Cup.
Dissatisfied with their allocation, the players threatened to take legal action, resulting in the T&TFF not selecting those involved in the dispute for next month's Gold Cup.
Contacted yesterday, Camps said: "Once they come to us, we are willing to hear them," adding that the Federation was willing to find a solution to the dispute.
In the interim, Rijsbergen has named a 24-man squad made up mainly of locally-based T&T Pro League players due to the unavailability of the foreign-based professionals who played in last year's World Cup.
At Monday's training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Rijsbergen announced a local line-up after realising that invited pros Carlos Edwards, Jason Scotland, Clayton Ince and Dennis Lawrence had apparently withdrawn from the national squad in support of their teammates who are under the T&TFF ban.
Rijsbergen said the impasse has been a frustration to his plans.
"My plans were already ruined when they, of course, are still talking about blacklist.," Rijsbergen stated. "And, of course, it has influenced the boys that are not here. As I said before, it is not a good situation because we want to go there with the best team."
Rijsbergen is also skeptical whether the situation can be resolved in time for the tournament.
He said that had the four invited pros been interested in playing in the Gold Cup, they would have presented themselves by 12.30 p.m. on Monday when the team went into camp at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Asked if there is still a chance for the World Cup players to rejoin the team if there is a last-minute resolution before they leave for the Gold Cup on June 1, Rijsbergen said he was unsure.
"That's not up to me. If we start training now and most of the guys are on vacation and all of a sudden they will change the situation, I don't know if we can still bring guys back in," he said.
"At the moment, I think most of these guys, if they had the chance, they should be here...at least the guys who were on the list. But, they stick together with the rest. Of course, it's up to them," said Rijsbergen.
The Dutch coach said they have picked the best of the players they have seen in the Pro League and will work with them. Several of the players in the team have international experience, although many have not played at the level of the Gold Cup.
Among the experienced players are Densill Theobald, the lone World Cup player in the squad, and Silvio Spann, who was also involved in the World Cup qualifying campaign. Strikers Gary Glasgow and Errol McFarlane Junior have played several major internationals, while stopper Keyeno Thomas has also represented T&T several times.
Rijsbergen's squad also includes several players who were on the national team earlier this year in the Digicel Caribbean Cup and recent tour of Panama and Costa Rica such as Kerry Baptiste, Dwayne Jack, Seon Power and Kerwyn Jemmott.
The coach said he will give the local guys all of his support.
"This will be a whole team of guys playing here and let's see what we can do with them. Maybe, they will surprise me too. Of course, we will work hard and that's what we did in the Digicel Cup."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:12:49 AM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF president tells Warriors: Contact us, we'll listen
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 08:55:39 PM »
So they have not been listening all the time. Why have this not been resolved long time ago. They taught they had the best warrior avialble now dat Carlos with he other warriors he go listen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »
that sounding like ah scheme to get governmental intervention...that equals money in de TTFF coffers.

steups.

allyuh rememebr when de yankee player sna dem did hold out..and dey get dey money/  right is right..and nutten has been right with de state ah we football fun jack years now!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »
that sounding like ah scheme to get governmental intervention...that equals money in de TTFF coffers.
when the Government paid the players that money Jack knew he did not have to pay.
Now he is hoping that the Government will come to the rescue again.....when will this end.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
Neva once we have players who willin to wuk for KFC and eh want to fight for stake. So long the gov't and the TTFF suppose to meet. When dat happening?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF president tells Warriors: Contact us, we'll listen.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:34:17 AM »
NOW dey want to listen??!!!....wha happen dey had cotton in dey f&%$@ng ears all dis time??.....sssstteeeuuppsss!!!..

Look, ah just feeling to bring back up mih breakfast..... :puking:

To quote a militant 'oman....Jennifer Baptiste.....
Scamps and Rodent..is ah

"Bunch ah lazy, visionless men"
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 05:47:34 AM »
sombody mix camps another "scotch and coconut water"....shithong
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 06:35:59 AM »
Yeah we'll listen and do nothing as usual or maybe make a deal and don't live up to it.  TTFF is BS. 

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 06:59:31 AM »
Deaf people in TTTF want to listen that's a laugh :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: They are FULL OF HORSE SH?T.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 07:06:34 AM »
Deaf people in TTTF want to listen that's a laugh :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: They are FULL OF HORSE SH?T.

This would make a very good calypso! Meh blood racing to meh head with camps arrogant statement, I so f#%$#ing mad with them and they shit. Exactly what Beenie did not want, was for TTFF to interfere with his players!

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »
Contacted yesterday, Camps said: "Once they come to us, we are willing to hear them," adding that the Federation was willing to find a solution to the dispute.

I think that idea has left the dock a long, long time ago.  This drama should be in "Real World" MTV!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 09:53:14 AM »
Contacting Camps for what ! de players already know speaking with camps is a waste a time.He cyar make no decision and he doh run de ship.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »
I am happy that these fellas tell TTFF to f**k off. For years these players had to deal with Camps and Warner when capable tallented men with reall foresight had to stand on the sidelines. What will really bring this crisis to a head is if Wim quits. I would love to see these men in the federation bawl.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »
Contacting Camps for what ! de players already know speaking with camps is a waste a time.He cyar make no decision and he doh run de ship.
dat ship doh have a Rudder ;)
Warner does walk wid de Rudder  ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 10:29:39 AM »
I am happy that these fellas tell TTFF to f**k off. For years these players had to deal with Camps and Warner when capable tallented men with reall foresight had to stand on the sidelines. What will really bring this crisis to a head is if Wim quits. I would love to see these men in the federation bawl.

Yuh think Wim quittin go be a reason to make anybody in TTFF bawl?  Especially Jack?

Jack go tell heself, good....me eh have to fork out no money to pay dem fellas.

Plus.....he go jes trot out de usual lyrics.....Govt is de reason de coach quit because Govt doh give TTFF no money

Den he go appoint somebody like Anton Corneal....who eh get pay since September.....as head coach and Corneal will accept de wuk sayin he cyah turn he back on he country or sumting so.

You eh tired see dah movie play out Marc?  U self man.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 10:46:40 AM »
Yuh think Wim quittin go be a reason to make anybody in TTFF bawl?  Especially Jack?
Plus.....he go jes trot out de usual lyrics.....Govt is de reason de coach quit because Govt doh give TTFF no money
Den he go appoint somebody like Anton Corneal....who eh get pay since September.....as head coach and Corneal will accept de wuk sayin he cyah turn he back on he country or sumting so.
I feel you right
dat Super 8 movie so ole it thin thin  ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:52:39 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 11:03:06 AM »
Wait nah is only now they go listennnnnnnnnnnnn The men and dem saying this since they reach back Trinidad last year..........nothing aint chnage is the same issue at hand..............is TTFF who blacklist the players........I sure if they "disputing" players got called up , they would have played.......So is not the palyers fault TTFF is all yuh that black list them.............How many more days to Gold Cup and they still tallking out they backside......Mudda so an soo

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »

Peeeewwww! Well spoken. Why add more to this? Jackular and Scamps bleeding the football for years, blaming the government, getting fat and sitting back and farting down the place. Scamps can't listen to know one, he ears cork up Jack ass

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 12:12:03 PM »
ALL RIGHT I SENDING MEH LETTER TO THE EDITORS AGAIN TAKE A READ

WARRIOR FANS OUTRAGE CONTINUES
I am appalled at the arrogance and disrespect that Oliver Camps and Company have displayed over these last few months with respect to banning our World Cup squad from competing in this year’s Gold Cup. We had an opportunity to be a powerhouse in the Gold Cup and now sadly we go into the competition as laughing stocks, to face opposing teams that are coming full strength just for the chance to beat the Soca Warriors.
I feel sorry that our coach has to witness such a juvenile display and abuse of power by TTFF. As a fan of local football all my life and member of the warrior nation fan club I ask that the TTFF immediately cease their testicular tugging  and “LET MY WARRIORS GO!”
The TTFF, you all now share the same room with other tyrannical organizations of history, as short sighted, opportunity grabbing, financial bullying, power hungry mongrels, and destined to fail. The effort of our National players has never been in question and when asked to play, they perform above and beyond, yet equal rewards that justify their time and sweat are never forthcoming. Now I am not saying that of all the TTFF are bad, but we all know who the culprits are.

To be of any consequence in the Gold Cup, our local team needs to step their game up in all departments if they are to get past the first round. This is not the pro league and our guys need to be quick off the mark and focus on 90 minutes of hard running.

I applaud the players resolve as well, but this should not affect their selection for National team duty especially in a regional tournament of this magnitude. TTFF you have failed us again and again and again with no remorse or care for the long term implications. The players have been reaching out since the beginning of the year, out so hearing that SCAMPS saying he would listen to the players if they approach is royal BS to the max.

ALL THAT IS LEFT TO SAY IS LET THE WARRIORS PLAY!!!!!!

grskywalker MD
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 12:23:22 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »
I know non ah allyuh surprise tuh see or even hear dah statement by "Jamps"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:55 PM »
well said grskywalker, Medical Doctor   ;)

...but seriously, well, well said and definitely should be delivered.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:06 PM »
well said grskywalker, Medical Doctor   ;)

...but seriously, well, well said and definitely should be delivered.

Sorry it's M.D. as in Maryland

I have sent it to the following, Express, Guardian, Newsday, World Soccer Magazine, Fifa, Soccer 365.com, Soccer America and last but not least CONCACAF

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 07:07:34 PM »
Its been said
That when the leaders are without vision,the people perish
Its us the fans,feeling it the most
Of course I must include,the Warriors who feel that they have been squeesed out

Jah bless
I pray Jack see the light

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »
Jah bless
I pray Jack see the light

U must not know Jack...or u mean the light that glinting off all the ''gold'' he thief over the years.

Jack happy like pappy and no matter how much money he have, he still want more...the thing is, he not seeing the damage he doing because I honestly feel that he believe that he is more important to Trinidad than its football.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 04:21:14 PM »
[/size]

T&FFF president Oliver Camps seemed to be handing out an olive branch which may yet resolve the impasse between the players and the Federation, which began ten months ago over the distribution of revenue generated by the Soca Warriors' qualification for the World Cup.
Dissatisfied with their allocation, the players threatened to take legal action, resulting in the T&TFF not selecting those involved in the dispute for next month's Gold Cup.

I think TTFF wants to see Warrior Nation and all the soca warrior fans paying them a visit with banners in front of the TTFF office.   A very constructive lime organized by Warrior Nation.
:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting::waiting: :waiting:  :waiting: :waiting::waiting:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »
I man just have to stay positive

No matter how dark it get

You now how Trini laid back and like to make move at the very last minute

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 03:46:20 PM »
ALL RIGHT I SENDING MEH LETTER TO THE EDITORS AGAIN TAKE A READ

WARRIOR FANS OUTRAGE CONTINUES
I am appalled at the arrogance and disrespect that Oliver Camps and Company have displayed over these last few months with respect to banning our World Cup squad from competing in this year’s Gold Cup. We had an opportunity to be a powerhouse in the Gold Cup and now sadly we go into the competition as laughing stocks, to face opposing teams that are coming full strength just for the chance to beat the Soca Warriors.
I feel sorry that our coach has to witness such a juvenile display and abuse of power by TTFF. As a fan of local football all my life and member of the warrior nation fan club I ask that the TTFF immediately cease their testicular tugging  and “LET MY WARRIORS GO!”
The TTFF, you all now share the same room with other tyrannical organizations of history, as short sighted, opportunity grabbing, financial bullying, power hungry mongrels, and destined to fail. The effort of our National players has never been in question and when asked to play, they perform above and beyond, yet equal rewards that justify their time and sweat are never forthcoming. Now I am not saying that of all the TTFF are bad, but we all know who the culprits are.

To be of any consequence in the Gold Cup, our local team needs to step their game up in all departments if they are to get past the first round. This is not the pro league and our guys need to be quick off the mark and focus on 90 minutes of hard running.

I applaud the players resolve as well, but this should not affect their selection for National team duty especially in a regional tournament of this magnitude. TTFF you have failed us again and again and again with no remorse or care for the long term implications. The players have been reaching out since the beginning of the year, out so hearing that SCAMPS saying he would listen to the players if they approach is royal BS to the max.

ALL THAT IS LEFT TO SAY IS LET THE WARRIORS PLAY!!!!!!

grskywalker MD

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Nutten more to say.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 10:31:45 AM »
Ah bunch of  :liar: :liar: :liar: Imagine on I95.5 (replay of a previous program) Scamps say he called de warriors on de phone and got no response.  So what about email, TTPOST, de neighbourhood watch crew, hand delivery.  Stuppsssssssss :loser:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2007, 12:00:51 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Watch nah! .......

Eh eh eh, watch meh, hello....

Jackula, Scampinho, Rodent, SF de offisah, Sam Philipino, De singing Valentine, Simple Simon, CranBerry juice, de spolkesperson man  ;) , and all de others jumping on dah bandwagon...watch dem close and read between de lines. Is a a big mafia racket dread! One sweet plan eh. Boy is a good ting I eh dependin' on dem fellas to make a livin'

Ah lie? Allyuh go ahead. Harvest time coming papah as de secret is out and it going international  :rotfl:

Yes man!! Harvest time is coming.....
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 03:00:45 AM »
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Wim Rijsbergen said his plans for the June 6-24 CONCACAF Gold Cup have been ruined by the T&T Football Federation's blacklisting of players who represented this country at the 2006 World Cup. But the Dutchman might get a late reprieve which could work in his favour.
Contacted yesterday, Camps said: "Once they come to us, we are willing to hear them," adding that the Federation was willing to find a solution to the dispute.In the interim, Rijsbergen has named a 24-man squad made up mainly of locally-based T&T Pro League players due to the unavailability of the foreign-based professionals who played in last year's World Cup.
At Monday's training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Rijsbergen announced a local line-up after realising that invited pros Carlos Edwards, Jason Scotland, Clayton Ince and Dennis Lawrence had apparently withdrawn from the national squad in support of their teammates who are under the T&TFF ban.
Rijsbergen said the impasse has been a frustration to his plans.
"My plans were already ruined when they, of course, are still talking about blacklist.," Rijsbergen stated. "And, of course, it has influenced the boys that are not here. As I said before, it is not a good situation because we want to go there with the best team."
Rijsbergen is also skeptical whether the situation can be resolved in time for the tournament.
He said that had the four invited pros been interested in playing in the Gold Cup, they would have presented themselves by 12.30 p.m. on Monday when the team went into camp at Crowne Plaza Hotel. Asked if there is still a chance for the World Cup players to rejoin the team if there is a last-minute resolution before they leave for the Gold Cup on June 1, Rijsbergen said he was unsure.
"That's not up to me. If we start training now and most of the guys are on vacation and all of a sudden they will change the situation, I don't know if we can still bring guys back in," he said.
"At the moment, I think most of these guys, if they had the chance, they should be here...at least the guys who were on the list. But, they stick together with the rest. Of course, it's up to them," said Rijsbergen.
The Dutch coach said they have picked the best of the players they have seen in the Pro League and will work with them. Several of the players in the team have international experience, although many have not played at the level of the Gold Cup.
Among the experienced players are Densill Theobald, the lone World Cup player in the squad, and Silvio Spann, who was also involved in the World Cup qualifying campaign. Strikers Gary Glasgow and Errol McFarlane Junior have played several major internationals, while stopper Keyeno Thomas has also represented T&T several times.
Rijsbergen's squad also includes several players who were on the national team earlier this year in the Digicel Caribbean Cup and recent tour of Panama and Costa Rica such as Kerry Baptiste, Dwayne Jack, Seon Power and Kerwyn Jemmott.
The coach said he will give the local guys all of his support.
"This will be a whole team of guys playing here and let's see what we can do with them. Maybe, they will surprise me too. Of course, we will work hard and that's what we did in the Digicel Cup."

Only problem was that when Sancho called Camps to arrange a meeting, he was told that you can't do these things by phone, you have to write to arrange a meeting.

Camps sounds REALLY desperate to sort this out, eh?

1]; } ?>