April 29, 2024, 03:31:42 AM

Author Topic: Why Liverpool will WIN!!  (Read 3871 times)

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Why Liverpool will WIN!!
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »
Here is an excerpt from an interview in which former Liverpool Captain Phil Thompson gives his reasons for Liverpool defeating AC Milan.

Do you think Steven Gerrard will get the chance to lift the European Cup again? Will it happen against Milan?

I know it will happen. People have got carried away over AC Milan because of their performance against Manchester United. Let's put this in perspective. They are a million miles behind Inter and have not had a good season in their league. They beat United by playing very well at home. That happens in football. They are more or less the same side as in 2005 but they're not as good as they were two years ago, they don't have the same strikeforce and they are two years older. We are a far better equipped team to win this time than we were back then. Last time we had to drag the game from the abyss but this time we are much better and more capable of winning.

I AGREE

Is Kaka the main danger and how confident are you we can stop him?

When you have had your fingers burnt before then you don't put your hand back in the fire. In the first half in Istanbul we didn't look after Kaka and you saw the consequences and the way he ran the game. The introduction of Didi Hamann at half time changed everything. A holding midfield player can be so important, especially in these games. Kaka has to be stopped and we have the players to do that in Mascherano or Sissoko. I think he'll play Mascherano but I also think Sissoko would be ideal for this game because he has legs and can get around the pitch. That's only my opinion. I think Rafa will go for Mascherano and Alonso in the middle because Xabi is more defensive minded than Gerrard.

Will this be another thrilling final?

I think it could be a great final. I think it will be 2-2 and we will win on penalties. People keep saying we can't keep winning on penalties, but why not? We are Liverpool FC, we are different and that's why we can do it again.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:34:25 PM by gtokyo »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why Liverpool will WIN!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:55:07 PM »
I agree with those reasons to a point. Two years ago the AC squad was arguably stronger than it is now. Now in comparison the strike force is toothless. I reluctantly conceed liverpool are favorites now. Dunno if AC will get revenge...but......time will tell.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
3-1 to AC....................Gilardhino, Kaka and Seedorf.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 10:38:06 PM »
Milan back four have old legs.  we have a lot more speed than three years ago, plus Crouch, who is a handful for any back line.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 10:58:08 PM »
Steupsss Milan taking it.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 04:07:30 AM »
Gattuso will rough dat up!  :devil:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 04:49:53 AM »
Once we start with Crouch we good to go  ;)
Actually ah see Rafa starting with both Macherano and Momo in the middle with Gerrard out on the right and Zenden on the left..he might surprise we with a start for Kewell though  :o
We go then see a sub for Momo with Xabi.
Liverpool should come flying out the blocks an try and get a couple quick goals to kill the game off.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 05:47:40 AM »
I will pick liverpool simply because,they've beaten them before and liverpool is not afraid of them,there's no intimidation,so liverpool 3-2 final score............   

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 06:31:11 AM »
Here is an excerpt from an interview in which former Liverpool Captain Phil Thompson gives his reasons for Liverpool defeating AC Milan.

Do you think Steven Gerrard will get the chance to lift the European Cup again? Will it happen against Milan?

I know it will happen. People have got carried away over AC Milan because of their performance against Manchester United. Let's put this in perspective. They are a million miles behind Inter and have not had a good season in their league. They beat United by playing very well at home. That happens in football. They are more or less the same side as in 2005 but they're not as good as they were two years ago, they don't have the same strikeforce and they are two years older. We are a far better equipped team to win this time than we were back then. Last time we had to drag the game from the abyss but this time we are much better and more capable of winning.

I AGREE

When you have had your fingers burnt before then you don't put your hand back in the fire. In the first half in Istanbul we didn't look after Kaka and you saw the consequences and the way he ran the game. The introduction of Didi Hamann at half time changed everything. A holding midfield player can be so important, especially in these games. Kaka has to be stopped and we have the players to do that in Mascherano or Sissoko. I think he'll play Mascherano but I also think Sissoko would be ideal for this game because he has legs and can get around the pitch. That's only my opinion. I think Rafa will go for Mascherano and Alonso in the middle because Xabi is more defensive minded than Gerrard.

I think it could be a great final. I think it will be 2-2 and we will win on penalties. People keep saying we can't keep winning on penalties, but why not? We are Liverpool FC, we are different and that's why we can do it again.

None of this matters in one game. Any team can win one game regardless.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 07:34:51 AM »
Just to join in here ......imagine we are talking about a player who was on de bench for West ham and I think it was Mullins ....who kept him off the team  :'(. the holding midfielder of a crack argentina team who was now fit again could not get in at West ham !!!!...and there were some defending that decision  ??? ::) I think Liverpool would be foolish to leave Mascherano out ...Brazil vs Argentina in the middle !!!
anyway the resons given for a Liverpool victory were all Liverpool reasons weren't they ....it was not an objective analysis of both teams...as someone mentioned either team could win it after all it is a final but little credit was given to the dominating Milan performance against manchester united, albeit at home, a team that many would have backed to beat liverpool in any final this season. Milan did not just win against United ..it was a no contest ! No bets this time ..Milan has already been caught once they are not likely to do a repeat......... 3-0 up at half time with the opposition completely out of it .....money parse !!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »

I know it will happen.

Look how de man start off.    :rotfl:

Talkin about putting AC Milan's win over Man U in perspective lol.
How he eh mention how many times Man U beat Liverpool this season?

Yeh Milan not as good as 2 yrs ago, but is Liverpool as lucky as they were 2 years ago?

It should be a good game. Hopefully a great one.

Will they put Gattuso on Gerrard if Gerrard is on the wing?
Once Gerrard builds up steam is trouble, but this season he has been shackled by lesser teams so we go see.

If Kaka is marked out things will be more even.  Until the 89th minute when he break free and score to win  ;D

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »
Introducing Liverpool

Formed when Anfield's original tenants, Everton, fell out with their landlord, Liverpool have won more League titles, European Cups, Uefa Cups and League Cups than any English club and are the third most successful club in European Cup history, with five wins. The squad includes 12 Spanish-speaking players plus three Spanish coaches and they qualified for the Champions League by finishing fourth in the 2005-06 Premiership.

REINA, Pepe Goalkeeper Youthful gloveman with a reputation as a spot kick stopper supreme. Played against Liverpool for Barcelona as an 18-year-old in the Uefa Cup in 2001. Holds Liverpool club records for most clean sheets in a row (eight) and least goals conceded in his first 50 games (29).

FINNAN, Steve Right-back Fans' favourite Irish international known for his right-wing raiding. Has appeared in every English league from the Conference to the Premiership. Is no stranger to European success even before 2005 - he won the Intertoto Cup with Fulham in 2002.

AGGER, Daniel Centre-back Silky Danish stopper with an eye for goal. A big money signing at £5.8m last year, the most the Reds have paid for a defender and the most any foreign club has paid for a Dane. Won his third cap in Denmark's 4-1 defeat of Sven-Goran Eriksson's England before the 2006 World Cup.

ARBELOA, Álvaro Right-back Hard-working full-back with an attacking bent. Began his career as a teenager at Real Madrid, where he was under the care of the youth team coach, Rafa Benítez. Impressed this season with his performance against the Barcelona forward Lionel Messi in the quarter-finals.

RIISE, John Arne Left-back/left- wing Rampaging carrot-topped left-footer with a cannonball shot in his power-packed boots. Missed a penalty in the 2005 final but scored another in the 2006 FA Cup final shoot-out against West Ham. Voted Norwegian "Knicksen" (ie. player) of the year in 2006.

CARRAGHER, Jamie Centre-back Home grown lad with a never-say-die attitude and a reputation as Liverpool's tough-tackling Mr Consistency. Once helped make an anti-bullying music video called Stand Tall. Awarded the freedom of Sefton, which permits him to drive a herd of sheep through the streets of Bootle.

PENNANT, Jermaine Right-wing Pacy wide man with a box of tricks, a spring in his heels and a large collection of tattoos. Will be looking to tie his full-back in knots with a shimmy, some sleight of foot and a touch of wing wizardry. Scored a hat-trick on his full league debut but has scored only seven in 162 games since.

MASCHERANO, Javier Midfielder Tenacious midfield pivot renowned for his fierce tackling. Known in his native Argentina as "the Little chief", he also holds an Italian passport. Made his international debut in a friendly against Uruguay before he had played a single minute in the first team for his club River Plate.

ALONSO, Xabi Midfielder Cultured scurrier and ball-playing ace with a dead-eye from set pieces and a reputation for spectacular long- range strikes on goal. Scored the equalising goal in the 2005 final. His father played for Barcelona. His brother Mikel is a midfielder with Real Sociedad. His other brother, Jon, is a referee.

SISSOKO, Mohamed Midfielder Loping midfielder who evokes memories of Patrick Vieira in his prime. Born in France but a Malian international, 'Momo' was taken to Valencia by Benitez as an 18-year-old striker but was swiftly and succesfully transposed to midfield.

ZENDEN, Boudewijn Left-wing Flying wing-man with a power-packed left foot who can also ply his trade in the midfield engine room. His father was a judo master and Zenden is a black belt and three-time champion in his home province. Scored the winner for Middelsbrough in the 2004 Carling Cup final - the only trophy they have ever won.

GERRARD, Steven Midfielder Mr Consistency, Mr 100% and Mr Liverpool. A rampaging box-to-box midfielder with a thirst for goal, a hunger for tackling and an appetite for hard work. Has played for Liverpool in every position except left- back and goalkeeper. Aged 14 he almost lost a toe in an accident with a garden fork.

CROUCH, Peter Centre-forward Gangling beanpole target man with, it has been said, a surprisingly delicate touch for such a big man. Sharp-shooter Crouch is the tallest man ever to pay for Liverpool or England. His many nicknames include Robocrouch, Crouchinho, La Jirafa, Pantera Rosa, Mr Roboto and El Asparagusas.

BELLAMY, Craig Forward Feisty Celtic goal-grabber with a fearsome turn of speed and an even more fiery temper. A boyhood Liverpool fan, Bellamy signed for the club in June 2006, with his most notable performance to date coming away to Barcelona in the quarter-finals. His paternal grandfather is an ethnic Malteser.

KUYT, Dirk Centre-forward Bustling hitman who likes to scheme from deep and impresses with his workaholic style. Extremely fit, he missed only seven games between 1999 and 2006, once playing 179 matches in a row for Utrecht and Feyenoord. His first amateur team was called Quick Boys and his father was a village fisherman

FOWLER, Robbie Centre-forward Predatory veteran goal sniffer with an ear for poaching and a predatory nose for the net. If selected, the final will be his 237th and last game for Liverpool, during which he has scored 120 goals. A boyhood Everton fan, he once scored a hat-trick against Arsenal in four minutes and 33 seconds.

Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 09:37:52 AM »
Introducing Liverpool

CROUCH, Peter Centre-forward Gangling beanpole target man with, it has been said, a surprisingly delicate touch for such a big man. Sharp-shooter Crouch is the tallest man ever to pay for Liverpool or England. His many nicknames include Robocrouch, Crouchinho, La Jirafa, Pantera Rosa, Mr Roboto and El Asparagusas.

....another nickname, Peter   doh-put-a-player-with-dreadlocks-in-front-ah-mih-ah-goh-pull-he-hair-jump-up-and-score   Crouch   :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »
Introducing Liverpool

....another nickname, Peter   doh-put-a-player-with-dreadlocks-in-front-ah-mih-ah-goh-pull-he-hair-jump-up-and-score   Crouch   :devil:

that my dear is why i not supporting liverpool today  :devil:  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
Sorry man! :-[ :-[ :-[  Liverpool should ah win after controlling most of the game.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Why Liverpool will SUCK WIN!!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 05:46:05 PM »
i took the liberty to change the title of my post ;)
too bad crotch and cesspool lorse, real bad
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 06:16:44 PM »

I AGREE

AHEM!!!!  Phil???  ;D :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
jermaine pennant is mess
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 06:25:41 PM »
anybody see when jermaine pennant went to kick the corner and trying to put he hair behind he ears? :rotfl:wha wrong with he boy ?

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »
i like d title of this post.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 07:44:40 AM »

I AGREE

AHEM!!!!  Phil???  ;D :rotfl:

Palos yuh wicked boy  ::)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »
Just to join in here ......imagine we are talking about a player who was on de bench for West ham and I think it was Mullins ....who kept him off the team  :'(. the holding midfielder of a crack argentina team who was now fit again could not get in at West ham !!!!...and there were some defending that decision  ??? ::)

Jai...if yuh playing poorly, yuh playing poorly, doh matter what your name is..Mascherano got his chance to start and did not do well at West Ham. Talk done. He and all admitted he could have done better. He was allowed to leave and flourish at a team that could better use his talents. He is playing with a higher level fo players and in a system where he appears more comfortable. Noone said Mullins was a better player, just that he performed better at the time.  You also see to forget that right at that time, Mullins scored 2 game winning goals in 3 games for a struggling team and was playing well...he desreved his chance by his actions even if he did not have a big name like Mascerano. Fair is fair..one player desreved to play the other didn't. Ironically, Mullins is now a West Ham benchwarmer  ;D..Some very good players struggle from time to time..and they don't deserve to play on name alone. That was the case with Mascherano then. You have no point
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:44:29 AM by Filho »

1]; } ?>