April 25, 2024, 02:20:38 PM

Author Topic: Let us pledge our support to those 'Warriors' who have taken up the call......  (Read 11323 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Please take this opportunity to support  those who are standing on the shoulders of those who  allowed this to be possible.

Regretfully, our more proven and seasoned players are not at the country's service. Their contributions and their experience will be missed. But until the impasse is resolved, we move forward into an era of uncertainty knowing that those who are now wearing the Soca Warriors will be supported. "We will Fight'

Let me begin by offering these players some inspiration and some source to begin the fight. No player plays this game or goes out on the field to perform at a level of embarrassment.  Warriors we are facing a time of unsurmountable odds but players before you have been there before. Today we take heed of the fact that what lies ahead of us or behind us is not as important as what lies within us.

There would be nothing to frighten you

if you refused to be afraid.

-Gandhi

Take chances. When rowing forward, the boat may rock. -Chinese Proverb
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 09:34:20 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Why is so difficult for people to support the present PLAYERS?

SUPPORTING the present PLAYERS  is not supporting anyone else or the TTFF. Think of these players.

My thoughts for today:

If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.
- Robert Fritz

Fences are made for those who cannot fly. - Elbert Hubbard

Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
- James R. Cook

It is of great use to the sailor to know the length of his line, though he cannot with it fathom all the depths of the ocean. - John Locke

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Dem eh standin on dey shoulders.

Dey stompin on dem neck!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
can I quote John Mellancamp's song here

Walk Tall
The simple minded
And the uninformed
Can be easily led astray
And those that cannot connect the dots
Hey look the other way
People believe what they want to believe
When it makes no sense at all
So be careful of those killing in Jesus's name (1)
He don't believe in killing at all (1)

And I wish you a long sight line (2)
And the strength to walk tall (2)
Walk tall
Yeah walk on
Through this world
Walk tall
Somewhere out in the distance
Is the death of you and me
Even though we don't think of it much
It's still out there for us to see
If you treat life like a bar room fight
You'll die stinking of gin
No drunkards are allowed in heaven
No sinners will get in
Walk tall
Yeah, walk on
Walk tall
Through this world
Walk tall
So be careful in what you believe in
There's plenty to get you confused
And in this land called paradise
You must walk in many men's shoes
Bigotry and hatred are enemies to us all
Grace, mercy and forgiveness
Will help a man walk tall
So walk tall
Yeah, walk on
Walk tall
Through this world
Through this world
Yeah, walk tall
Then walk on
Walk tall
Then walk on
Through this world
Through this world
Through this world
Through this world
Walk tall
Walk tall
Then walk on
Walk tall
disclaimer: read only those lines that apply to your individual situation ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:09:20 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

steups, i eh care who say what!  Supporting dis team is supporting de TTFF.

Dey black we best players because dey tief de players money, and de players talk out and ask fuh what is rightly due to dem!

To hell with de TTFF!!!

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
true yah 100% right I have two ticket and I'm not going FAWK TTFF AND JW CAMPS
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
steups, i eh care who say what!  Supporting dis team is supporting de TTFF.

Dey black we best players because dey tief de players money, and de players talk out and ask fuh what is rightly due to dem!

To hell with de TTFF!!!

I think it's possible to take a stand against the TTFF &  support the team in the GOLD CUP at the same time.

I'm pretty sure that not all the parents of the US troops support the war in Iraq, but I'm sure that some if not all of those same parents are willing to stand behind their children's decision to fight for their country when called to duty....

It's very unfortunate that the politics of the TTFF is ruining the sport (in an ideal world, there is no room for politics in sport...but we all know that is unrealistic)....but as fans and as human beings I think we can draw the line between the two...

I do agree though that whatever interest I have in the Gold Cup is severely tainted by the surrounding nonsense.....I'll still tune in and support de boys...

Not asking anyone to agree with me...just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:17:34 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dem eh standin on dey shoulders.

Dey stompin on dem neck!

I agree with you 100%...as long as scabs exist the TTFF, Warner or both will never be forced to change. If Nelson Mandela was trinidadian he would still be in jail !

These scabs dont deserve any Warrior status ...they are so foolish they dont realise that support for this TTFF action will place them in the very position that their countryman are in  now ...

If you stand for nothing ...you fall for everything !

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
I pledge my support to the WARRIORS who have taken a stand against injustice. I wish the rest of the players would also join them in their struggle by refusing to go to the Gold Cup as well. Now I know that most of these players probably see this as an opportunity to get national caps as well as possible recruiting by other clubs outside of T&T, however, if the TTFF is not put into worldwide embarrassment they will have the gall to do the same thing again.
What the *&%^ is this Black List BSSSSS!!! ;  :devil: and the TTFF agree to give the players a certain amount of money that they rightfully earned and instead of giving them their money :devil: tell them they are not allowed to represent their country...that is real crap. You know years ago  :devil: back in the early 80's also black listed all the players who were playing for ALCONS from playing with any of the national teams ???  This crap is not new, but this is not little Alvin boys; this is BIG WORLD CUP HEROS he pulling that on.
Densil should be a true WARRIOR LEADER and ask all these other senior players to join in solidarity with his world cup teammates and  boycutt the Gold Cup.
Let Wim ; Anton and their staff should take the U-17 team to the Gold Cup...Yeh! I know that will be sending little boys to do big men work; but it will also give them three good preparation games .
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
why should it end there....doh support the under 17 cause dem fall under TTFF....like ah say before ah supporting meh team. And I tink is unfair tuh call dem players scabs.

truetrini

why should it end there....doh support the under 17 cause dem fall under TTFF....like ah say before ah supporting meh team. And I tink is unfair tuh call dem players scabs.

If dem U-17's get shafted somehow by the TTFF and a whole new setta players get call up..what den tongue?

It has two sides to dis ting...I agree, is dem same locals who qualify fuh de Gold cup in de first place...however, this is yuh federation's biggest tourney, and yuh say from all levels dat yuh want yuh best team...so what de f**k?

Pay de men, stop tiefing and get lost jack!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

If dem U-17's get shafted somehow by the TTFF and a whole new setta players get call up..what den tongue?

It has two sides to dis ting...I agree, is dem same locals who qualify fuh de Gold cup in de first place...however, this is yuh federation's biggest tourney, and yuh say from all levels dat yuh want yuh best team...so what de f**k?

Pay de men, stop tiefing and get lost jack!
First of all the players that playing now should never be called scabs...These men playing football for a living too...So if a man who making pounds not getting the Big money promised to him(which he might not even need), why should a local who int seeing that kinda money not play ....Steups....I fully supporting the team...Tell me this ...If the locals say they int playing because Foreign based int get their money, who de hell it benefiting? If they end up getting their money and things get resolved the locals not getting a cent and not a minute of playing time...So I support them too...Them fellas like money too much...The best team? The only persons should get pay is Jones ,Edwards especially and very few others , ...Jones young and Edwards hitting prime...The rest of them fellas could go and count the dollars...Because if them fellas get pay they could retire anyday and we still in the dark waiting on them....Let them fight for money....The show will go on with or without them....I just waiting on the Waggonist....Go T&T

truetrini

Ponnoxx, there is no one here who is a regular poster who eh want to see ANY trini team win!  So drop de waggonist shit!  Yuh missing de popint breds.  Most here want to see right done by de team!  The men were promised a certain cut, and dey eh get it.  how long is a footballers playing life?  Dem fellas, apart from a few...still eh have much money, even if is pounds they getting paid.

Why should jack jes discard players when he tief dey money?

If he do it to de established players, den what is to say he eh do it to de locals?

In fact he doing it fuh so long it eh funny.

De man destroying we football fuh too long.

Dat said, it eh go hurt my heart if dis team ah loclas beat odder teams, I jes feel I making a principled stand against jack and Camps and Groden's bastardery and tiefery!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If the men who take we to the WC could be treated so when they get they shaft they better eh say nutten. So when they get money less room and board they better eh say nutten.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I support the current team 110%. GO T&T.

Allyuh who calling players scabs NOT thinking at all. Use allyuh dam brain and think a little bit. Every single one of black listed still wants to rep T&T at the Gold Cup. Every last one. They don't have any interest in a players' strike. The same players who challenging the TTFF coming right back and play for T&T tomorrow if they get the word, with the same TTFF in charge. The same blasted TTFF. You want to know why...cuz rpresenting their country is beyond any legal dispute for them. Some of them would play for T&T for free. And guess who loss their spot when the WC warriors come back. Yuh think the current players give a dam when they take the locals spot. They going and rep T&T the same way if the TTFF tell Wim pick them and is the locals ass to catch. What you go say then. Steeups. These fellas get a break to play for the country, and represent you, not the TTFF. They best take it..cuz nobody eh looking out for them..not the TTFF, not the WC 2006 side and apparantly not you. IF the WC side say they playing tomorrow if they get the call...why the hell anybody should strike. The WC players realize that refusing to represent your country is NOT the answer.

And this will be unpopular, but I don't really care, cuz it's the truth. The WC 2006 really messed up and they are sadly paying for it. A 12 year old would have gotten something as important as a WC contract in writing. Now, NOBODY knows what is owed to whom. We (including myself) are assuming the players are telling the truth cuz we know the TTFF refuse to show the breakdown of the numbers..they must be hiding something. But deep down, if I am being truthful to myself, I wonder how not one out of the 20something grown professional footballers in the squad and all their blasted agents and advisors, not one had the brains, or the balls to get the TTFF to put that contract in writing. It is mind boggling

Anyhow..I doh care. All who talking scabs just talking shit. Sancho and dem going and play for the same TTFF tomorrow if they get the chance and allyuh still eh realize what it means to represet your country..regardless of what nasty politics going on. GO T&T

truetrini

I support the current team 110%. GO T&T.

Allyuh who calling players scabs NOT thinking at all.
I for one not calling de players scabs..not by a long shot!

Use allyuh dam brain and think a little bit. Every single one of black listed still wants to rep T&T at the Gold Cup. Every last one. They don't have any interest in a players' strike. The same players who challenging the TTFF coming right back and play for T&T tomorrow if they get the word, with the same TTFF in charge. The same blasted TTFF. You want to know why...cuz rpresenting their country is beyond any legal dispute for them.
Exactly, so why does the TTFF not reciprocate?  becasue dey is damn tiefs!  Players want to play, fans want to see de BEST team play..we all getting robbed over money Ticket or leave it all over again!

Some of them would play for T&T for free. And guess who loss their spot when the WC warriors come back. Yuh think the current players give a dam when they take the locals spot. They going and rep T&T the same way if the TTFF tell Wim pick them and is the locals ass to catch. What you go say then. Steeups. These fellas get a break to play for the country, and represent you, not the TTFF.
Those players are representing T&T.  No doubt about it, but what about principle?  When will de TTFF get it right?
 They best take it..cuz nobody eh looking out for them..not the TTFF, not the WC 2006 side and apparantly not you.
Well I am actually looking out for dem!  They are subject to de same TTFF f**keries at any given moment.  They better realize dat!

IF the WC side say they playing tomorrow if they get the call...why the hell anybody should strike. The WC players realize that refusing to represent your country is NOT the answer.
What is the answer?  The answer ie definitely NOT being a jackass and getting fpcked at every turn by Jacko..or is it?

And this will be unpopular, but I don't really care, cuz it's the truth. The WC 2006 really messed up and they are sadly paying for it. A 12 year old would have gotten something as important as a WC contract in writing. Now, NOBODY knows what is owed to whom. We (including myself) are assuming the players are telling the truth cuz we know the TTFF refuse to show the breakdown of the numbers..they must be hiding something.
Deep down, in all the excitement, much was promised, emotions were naturally running high.  Notice jack never disputed the contract, its jes de terms!  And based on his History...what yuh really believe?  Steups!
But deep down, if I am being truthful to myself, I wonder how not one out of the 20something grown professional footballers in the squad and all their blasted agents and advisors, not one had the brains, or the balls to get the TTFF to put that contract in writing. It is mind boggling

Anyhow..I doh care. All who talking scabs just talking shit. Sancho and dem going and play for the same TTFF tomorrow if they get the chance and allyuh still eh realize what it means to represet your country..regardless of what nasty politics going on. GO T&T

Yes the same players will gladly represent their nation despite the TTFF, shouldn't we at least recognize their sacrifice and stand by them...Remember, they are the ones who werent called, they never went on strike fella!

The TTFF jacklisted them!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:01:37 PM by palos »

truetrini

Midfielder Christopher Birchall is putting the past season with Coventry City behind him and is eagerly awaiting the chance to make himself a seasoned starter next time around.
Birchall was not a key figure for City last season, making several appearances off the bench .
“I’m just looking forward to working hard and getting my place back in the starting team. I think we have a lot to look forward to next season. I wasn’t lucky to play from the start much last season but I have put that behind me and moved on,” Birchall said.
“We were able to hold off relegation and I think the club needs to focus more on going up and as such I think we are going to be a different team next season and I want to be a major part of that. I will do my part and hopefully the manager can see that and have me involved more than last season.”
He added that he also had hopes of playing for T&T in the near future.
“Of course I would love to wear the Trinidad shirt again. I haven’t turned my back on this country. I absolutely love it and I think once the right things have been put in place and we are accepted back again I would be the first one to rush for that shirt. I’m still looking forward to playing again,” he added.

Birchall's own words!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
The World Cup players did have a written contract.  They received all the monies for that but the numbers for that top secret.  Is private information apparently.  How much did they get from that contract?  Are we entitled to that information if they want the fans support about the extra money....the bonus part.

I still want to know exactly how much money they want...a dollar figure.  Is it more or less than the bonus they got for qualifying...is it more or less than the money they got from the written contract.

People talk about JW tiefing the money...all that talk is well and good but most of the money is going back into football programs....the same money that allowed for better preparation of the U-17s.  The TTFF said that most of the money had to go back toward 2010....arguing against that is not easy and saying Jack thief the money will hold water mostly in rum shops.  A lot of the money from the Adidas contract and other sponsors may also have been equipment and not straight cash.  Go look up the press releases and u will probably see so and so sponsorship "worth" $x.

Both the TTFF and the players are at fault for this mess.  Asking the local players to sacrifice themselves for the sake of millionaires is not fair at all....and yes they are millionaires now from the money they already make.  Locals have nothing to gain and FPATT itself...as separate, as it is, need to make the local players their PRIMARY focus....players abroad should be looking out for the local players...that is how you build unity and trust.  Right now they are different groups doing their own thing outside of the national team setup.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let us pledge our support to ALL OUR WARRIORS
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Let us pledge our support to all of our Warriors.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=27346.0

In order to refresh memories, here is Mr Aanensen's account of the issue.

Bruce Aanensen, the newly-appointed chief executive officer of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), is urging both the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) and national footballers to get an arbitrator to settle the current dispute between the parties over World Cup sponsorship money.

Aanensen was manager of the T&T national team, the Soca Warriors, at last year's FIFA World Cup in Germany. He said it is imperative that the dispute, which has raged on for six months, be settled promptly.

"Go to arbitration," he suggested, when contacted by the Express on Monday. "Let the players' representatives and the T&TFF agree to an arbitration panel and have the matter settled immediately. Each side will present their case to the arbitration panel who will make a ruling. Both parties just have to agree to abide by the ruling."

The retired banker said that as far as he is aware the dispute stems from the cut in World Cup profits which the Federation wanted to give to the players, and he provided an account of some of what was happening behind the scenes.

"Jack (Warner) had promised to give the fellas the spreadsheet from the sponsorship and donations. At first it took a while, and when they finally did get the figures, the fellas (Soca Warriors) thought it was inaccurate. They had questions about a million-dollar donation from Republic Bank which they said was not listed, and they also questioned the low contribution from e-bay.

"Secondly, they argued that the T&TFF had shown a whole list of expenses which was to have been deducted before the profits were shared. After the deductions, they were to be given $141,000 to split up."

Aanensen suggested that the players have a case with their latter query, since there was a document promising them a percentage of earnings.

"The document suggested that whatever the T&TFF got, 30 per cent of that was to have gone to the players. It had nothing about deductions at all."

Aanensen, who has his own problems with West Indies cricket, said that regardless of who was right or wrong, it is now time to settle the matter, as after playing in and making such a favourable impression at the World Cup, it was imperative that Trinidad and Tobago send their best team to the June 6-24 CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

The players who are challenging the T&TFF over their share of the World Cup profits have not been selected on the training squad for next month's Gold Cup.

"The purpose of the Gold Cup is to give teams a guide of where they are before they go into the World Cup qualifiers. If we go into the Gold Cup playing with a second-rate team, it won't make much sense. If there is indeed a blacklist, I don't think it is in the best interest of Trinidad and Tobago football at all," Aanensen said.

"We have guys like Chris Birchall and Kenwyne Jones who are just 22. To condemn these fellas at that age from international football is not good at all for football in the country," he exclaimed.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 06:49:14 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TrueTrini

If yuh eh calling the locals scabs then obviously that comment was not directed at you.
Hear the simple summary of what I am saying...
First thing the World Cup players did when they disputed the verbal contract was write a letter retiring from international football
Soon after, they say they retract the threat to retire, they want to play for T&T
Ever since then, the players say they want to represent T&T, all the while continuing a legal dispute with the TTFF.
They made a 180 degree turn and decided that withholding their services from the national team is not in their or anyone's best interest...There are alternative routes to fight their dispute and they chose it
So it really simple...if they agree on that principle..then why must the local players withhold their services?

Doh get it twisted..i find the whole situation is maddening. It is a terrible scenario...but the players have chosen alternative means to fight their cause and so I have no argument with that. It is not like they have given up. I would much rather see the best team at the Gold Cup. But I will support whoever represents T&T..Until things are rectified, this is our national team.

Go T&T

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

TRINIDAD and Tobago footballers, from left, Keyeno Thomas, Gary Glasgow, Dwayne Jack, Romauld Aguillera and Kerry Baptiste exit the Crowne Plaza in Port-of-Spain yesterdayon their way to Soca Warriors training.
Author: AZLAN MOHAMMED
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 05:14:55 PM by dcs »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I call dem scabs because that is what they are. They breakin the picket line. As to how much money they are owed is a mute point. It could be 1 $Guyanese is not the point.

Jack say on SPALK that after the game with Sweden he up it to 50%. Please explain to me how all of a sudden he deducted room and board? Who was responsible for feeding dem, housing dem and transporting dem?

The man eh care for he to go on tv and admit that he payin the fellas from the net and not the gross shows that he care because players have families to mind. So take crumbs because Birchall and dem wuking for pounds and them wuking for TT.

So when the scabs get money less food, transport and hotel accomodation I eh want to hear nutten. I hope it could buy what dey eed if not it go be Manning fault as cost of livin high
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

And de room and board was paid by FIFA!

jack tief DCS, doh defend yuh pardner!

Look at de man track record...doh breaks fuh he at all.  he notorious fuh dat kinda shit...from de strike squad failed campaign, to de fiasco with Simpauls and international teams to de scandal with de TV rights to de damn ticket or leave it bull shit.

If it stinking like shit and it coming from jack den is shit!

filhio, you doh get it twisted.  yuh done know how Jack does roll....and dis is no different.   He is not a nice man and his every action is all fuh taking what he can from we football.

all dis shit talk dcs giving about money going back to world cup preparation is smoke screen.  many nations DID NOT get governmental intervention and dem campaign fuh 2010 right ont rack...whle urs currently derailed...and we ALL KNOW WHY!  JACK WARNER!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
To those who want to keep supporting the current practises of the TTFF,

in your work that you do, are the over whelming majority of the workers treated fairly or are they Bullied by the company?
I am sure that your company treats everyone in your company fairly and I would be willing to bet, if I was a betting man, that if your compnay was treating their workers unfairly and it was the ONLY company of its kind, that you would be at the head of the protest against your unfair company.
That is what is happening in regards to the players in TnT. They have been treated VERY unfairly and are just asking to be treated with respect.
We ALL know what is possible when the "powers that be" are given FULL power over their workers........workers doin work for next to nothing.

Oh I know what you going to say that the current players are getting the exposure they so rightly deserve
BUT the flip side, and you very well know there is a flip side, is that ONE MAN is profitting from ALL the current players hard work....this has to STOP, so please realise that fact and put your support behind the Past, the JACKListed, the Current and the Future players of TNT.
That is all I would ask of you.

Here is what I am hoping for...
HOPE ……

HOPE for change in the relationship between players and the TTFF.
HOPE that ALL players, local or Foreign, can feel comfortable that they can bring concerns and difference of opinions forward without threats of being BlackListed.
HOPE that there will one day be transparency within the TTFF.
HOPE that one day the TTFF and Players both work TOGETHER for the best possible outcome in our quest for any Tournament.
HOPE that we will have the best possible Team makeup for the Gold Cup.
HOPE that Player welfare, education, insurance, contract education, contract negotiation, attorney assistance, loans, career guidance, protection from exploitation, networking  and general support will one day be a reality.

HOPE my friends HOPE. <-- click here
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:03:36 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I dont kno if you call the present players scabs.
The players who are jacklisted have not asked dem for support by withholding their services or anything like that, shit even the same jacklisted players maintain they available for selection.
So I guess what I'm saying is that asking the present players to boycott or not give their services could jeopardise their own carreers.
If the jacklisted players through FPATT call for unity on the issue from every footballer in TRinidad and out of the hundreds that play club level football 20 odd men say fook dat an go an play then I would call dem scabs, but that is not the case.
You have to grudgingly support the team because of what ah jus say.

This whole quagmire we in with the influence of Mr Warner so frustrating it could turn man into suicide bomber.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

TT...true or not about his dealings....Jack tiefing their money cannot be entertained in a serious conversation.  We can talk about that here to justify things but the players cannot do that....see if you understand what I mean.  They have to negotiate and make their case to the TTFF or to some other authority...that is where I am coming from.

There is currently no protest so how can there be scabs....only four players have with held their services. 

As for the revolucion against JW.....just depends on what time of the year you come read the board...night and day.  I should call yuh out on that TV rights ting.  Start a thread for that alone nah....we will have our own Commission of Enquiry with ALL the available FACTS  ;)

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I believe as a matter of principle, the TTFF must assemble anybody with T&T status and try them out for the games.   The best players not cheap labour must be selected to represent this country.  We must stop settling for second best.

Now, onto business.  What is the plan of ACTION for the Soca warrior fans.  I have one serious suggestion for warrior nation.

1.  Plan an organized MARCH in front of the TTFF office, where you will have a press conference.
2. Contact the police commissioner and get permission for the march
3. We the fans get our banners ready.
4. Fans from abroad who can offer support, organise your plane trip once the date is given.
5.  Place an ADVERTISEMENT in the paper letting all soca warrior fans know a march is in effect.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=27953.msg315463#msg315463

6. Invite all soca warrior fans to walk with a T&T flag as a sign of solidarity and wear red...
  • we want transparency in how TTFF runs their business.
  • We want financial statements published in the papers.
  • We want players selected for the games based on ABILITY, players must earn their position based on being the cream of the crop.

7.  We want the TTFF to speak to the fans.  If they are not in the country, they should sent a representative to answer the questions.
8. If the fans do not get an answer from this march. then step up protest actions at the games....Chanting, banners etc.

This is not a time to back down.  We want to celebrate just like Mexicans, USA.  Its time the fans DEMAND that the TTFF put their house in order.   Bring victory home o'else.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Could any one inform me of the last day to declair the gold cup team. or in other words the DL. that's in case they end the impass and the WC team becomes available to participate.       positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I call dem scabs because that is what they are. They breakin the picket line.

what picket line? nobody on strike. so the WC2006 players are scabs too then. cuz they will play even while the current dispute is ongoing and while the very same TTFF and JW continue their (ir)regular ways. what is your point? Why one course of action for one set of players and another course of action for the other?

while we at it..the Under 17s are scabs, the Under 20s before them were scabs..any national football team that falls under the TTFF umbrella are scabs as far as you seem to be concerned right? I mean, the dispute and the blaclist in effect long time and is a matter of principle right?

If we want the current players to strike, the WC 2006 players must also strike. The players have to show a united front..not just the current squad. Think about it..if the current players strike, the only scabs left will be the WC2006 players who are currently still waiting to take their places...ironic.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:38:33 AM by Filho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
To those who want to keep supporting the current practises of the TTFF,

??? ???

1]; } ?>