April 29, 2024, 01:06:02 AM

Author Topic: What does playing for Trinbago really mean  (Read 7741 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: What does playing for Trinbago really mean
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 08:03:26 AM »
Coops, yuh was a linesman too or what ?  ;D ;D ;D
ah neva hear anyone call Coop's ah linesman ;D ;D
Another thing is that our culture/characteristics are instilled in us from a very young age.  Then as parents we want on the teachers, gov't and coaches to fix it....saying that is their wuk.  We should be aiming to instill national pride from a tender age, so that it becomes common place.  In this regard we could take page from the Jamaicans book...very, very, nationalistic people.
dats it there
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 10:23:35 AM »
Coops, yuh was a linesman too or what ?  ;D ;D ;D
ah neva hear anyone call Coop's ah linesman ;D ;D
       It seems to me like you are a very young person,i wonder if you know who or what is a linesman,if our present teams WC or otherwise had good what you call linesmen we would certainly do much better than we are doing.   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »
Good Morning Guys,
                            Fellahs, I know all you joking about Coop being a linesman. When  I say Coop was running corner flag to corner flag, I mean inside the field. He played right  wing but he would be in defence helping out.

Everybody has valid points about skill, beatsing and wildmen. If you see a youthman who has speed and energy like Roberto Carlos but poor ball control. Tellmeh, would you not try and assist that youthman on the fine points of ball control and how to compose himself during the game. If you are true lover of the game and you see potential in this kid, would not take him to you football team and work on him. What if that youth was Andrews would you "diss" him. We have to work with the "daimonds in rough" sometimes. Not all players a ready made.

"Beatsing" is part of the game. When we played "small goal" we are developing dribbling skill, quick ball controll, juggling skills, flick passes, sheilding the ball. Some of us even develop bad habits. i.e, hold the ball long instead of a quick one/two. But say wha!!!.  For me, small goal is spontaneous. When you playing, you develop some dribbling skill a coach can't teach you(like how Diego, Michael Jordan and them develop their skill). In the pro game most players beat out of necessity. Fete match you beat because you want to.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2007, 11:33:30 AM »
I think it all coming down to MONEY  now oui....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »
Every time you put on that jersey, shorts and sock....in the colors of red, white and black....you have now accepted the huge responsibility of REPRESENTING Trinidad and Tobago. Not just being on the field to gain ranks amongst your friends to say "I playing for d national team" or to gain caps to help you earn a work permit to leave Trinidad shores.

In fact, you are not considered a hit-man...willing to die while in the field battling....putting yourself at risk......willing to run until you drop........to be focused on ONE target for 90-120 minutes.......to deliver the goods......

Players are now considered ambassadors....hired to complete a job.....to bring success and glory back to the little island of Trinidad and Tobago...to improve and/or reduce political/societal tension within our country.

Most players in Trinidad and Tobago do not share these types of sentiments. One factor that can account for that is our culture...we are naturally a party culture and a laid back type of people......very lackluster......

When we have players working hard, tackling wind..... Trinidadians say that they are "wild"....that they are Tarzan....that they cannot play......

But it is this "wildness" aka which is seen in top football nation as...... high work rate, intensity, passion, love, drive, willingness to run until you drop/die for your country....that is badly needed by our socawarriors. So how do we instill these qualities into our players? Increase motivation........above all but among others.

Most of our players play for the fans, girls, money....and these are statements I hear with my own hears.

Is that the type of players that we want playing for Trinidad? Guess what....reality check!

To see our midfielders jogging around the field as if it is a practice match.....with no authority....with no aggression.... with no speed.... with no leadership.....and having one man trying his best up top....in that of Darryl Roberts...tackling.....shooting.....hustling....striker turns midfielder and defender......steups!!

We have the wrong concept of football.....if someone is a good dribbler we say "he bad" even if he dribble out of bounds or always dribbling backward.......or dribble, dribble and slow down the game when a counter-attack was one.......steups!!!! Too much immature supporters at the games (with a good few on this forum). I can't even call you guys "fans" because a fan knows the game and will reject that type of football if it is unnecessary.

Football is a team sport....we need a collective effort to get results........we need everyone to be buzzing like a bee......for everyone to share the same goal and ambition.......

Kingman

Kingman.......Kingman!........Kingman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yuh reach a new plateau wit dat lecture dey dread!  ;D
No serious, yuh coming to de CRUX of de matter and yuh beginning to connec' de dots of de disease afflictin' we. Ah feel as if a could relax more when ah see fellas like you talking dat kinda talk. Well done breds. Feel confident to ramajay on de topic and let some sense prevail.  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline true warrior

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2007, 12:48:31 PM »

Every time you put on that jersey, shorts and sock....in the colors of red, white and black....you have now accepted the huge responsibility of REPRESENTING Trinidad and Tobago. Not just being on the field to gain ranks amongst your friends to say "I playing for d national team" or to gain caps to help you earn a work permit to leave Trinidad shores.

In fact, you are not considered a hit-man...willing to die while in the field battling....putting yourself at risk......willing to run until you drop........to be focused on ONE target for 90-120 minutes.......to deliver the goods......

Players are now considered ambassadors....hired to complete a job.....to bring success and glory back to the little island of Trinidad and Tobago...to improve and/or reduce political/societal tension within our country.

Most players in Trinidad and Tobago do not share these types of sentiments. One factor that can account for that is our culture...we are naturally a party culture and a laid back type of people......very lackluster......

When we have players working hard, tackling wind..... Trinidadians say that they are "wild"....that they are Tarzan....that they cannot play......

But it is this "wildness" aka which is seen in top football nation as...... high work rate, intensity, passion, love, drive, willingness to run until you drop/die for your country....that is badly needed by our socawarriors. So how do we instill these qualities into our players? Increase motivation........above all but among others.

Most of our players play for the fans, girls, money....and these are statements I hear with my own hears.

Is that the type of players that we want playing for Trinidad? Guess what....reality check!

To see our midfielders jogging around the field as if it is a practice match.....with no authority....with no aggression.... with no speed.... with no leadership.....and having one man trying his best up top....in that of Darryl Roberts...tackling.....shooting.....hustling....striker turns midfielder and defender......steups!!

We have the wrong concept of football.....if someone is a good dribbler we say "he bad" even if he dribble out of bounds or always dribbling backward.......or dribble, dribble and slow down the game when a counter-attack was one.......steups!!!! Too much immature supporters at the games (with a good few on this forum). I can't even call you guys "fans" because a fan knows the game and will reject that type of football if it is unnecessary.

Football is a team sport....we need a collective effort to get results........we need everyone to be buzzing like a bee......for everyone to share the same goal and ambition.......

Kingman
A very touching analysis.....brings healing to de soul.  Its truthful and to de point :applause: :applause: :applause:

1]; } ?>