July 27, 2024, 10:00:34 AM

Author Topic: Sancho fails to secure Kilmarnock contract  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho fails to secure Kilmarnock contract
« on: August 03, 2005, 10:19:03 AM »
Trialists fail to win deals
Kilmarnock FC

Jim Jefferies has ruled moves for the two trialists, Souleymane Bamba and Brent Sancho who played in yesterday's closed door game against Rangers at Murray Park.

Speaking exclusively to the website Jim explained his decision to allow both players to return home: " It was a great opportunity to see how the players would perform against a strong Rangers side and ultimately give me a reason to offer them a contract, but I felt that they didn't show enough. Both are good players but Brent in particular is more of a playmaker and not the aggresive ballwinner I am looking for."

The search will go on and Jim indicated that he has already made some phonecalls as he continues to try to bolster his central defence options.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho fails to secure Kilmarnock contract
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 10:31:25 AM »
...but Brent in particular is more of a playmaker and not the aggresive ballwinner I am looking for."

Brent Sancho is ah playmaker now?? LOL...

Well yuh know that man was looking for a serious bruiser.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 10:35:03 AM by Tallman »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 10:33:48 AM »
Hmm...that reminds me that sancho used to be a utility player.With Dog and Tallest holding down the centre of the defence we could possibly move sancho into the middle with Birchall...tha's real bite and hustle there and it will allow Birchall to get more involved inthe attack,especially if Edwards missing. He did play the def mid for Dundee when he first went there...

At least with all these trials he getting in some matches b4 the USA game so his lack of a club won't affect us until the season start...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:37:40 AM »
Brent Sancho is ah playmaker now?? LOL...

Well yuh know that man was looking for a serious bruiser

Nah i understand what the man mean. Sancho is more of a defender in the Rio Ferdinand mould where he better at reading the play and cutting off passes and then bringing the ball out of the defence, every now and then he will come with a slide tackle if he need to. He more elegant and could play with the ball at his feet. Tha's why them men would consider Rougier as an attacking player as welll...and now Lawrence as well it seems ! Lawd...once u could dribble a lil bit they is pull u out of the defence in them kind of countries.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:44:46 AM »
Sancho real bad lucky man  he should try one ah them newly promoted chmapionships division
teams. I Thought coventry way interested what abot falkirk in scotland .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 02:04:28 PM »
Sancho real bad lucky manĀ  he should try one ah them newly promoted chmapionships division
teams. I Thought coventry way interested what abot falkirk in scotland .

Sancho is too good to be struggling to find a contract with a club. He's seems a bit unfortunate, the man score and all in the trials. I hope these guys don't get too discouraged, I can only imagine how difficult it is to be going through stress like this.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 02:38:52 PM »
Hmm...that reminds me that sancho used to be a utility player.With Dog and Tallest holding down the centre of the defence we could possibly move sancho into the middle with Birchall...tha's real bite and hustle there and it will allow Birchall to get more involved inthe attack,especially if Edwards missing.

thats what i saying all the time...play the man as a defensive midfilder alongside Birchall.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
me ent find he good at all.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 03:47:03 PM »
For those who know Sancho know he started of as a midfield playmaker who coulda shoot de ball from outside for Trinity Under 14.I believe he played midfield for Trinity 1st X1 and Malick also before he was converted to a defender for Trinidad Under 23.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 04:00:09 PM »
me ent find he good at all.

Nah man, when Sancho is fit, he is a very solid player. When Dundee got relegated the coach basically said that he was too good for the money they can afford to pay him as a salary. He was one of their higer paid players.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 04:39:15 PM »
Didnt Sancho play defensive midfield under BSC St. Clair vs Mexico in Mexico? Didnt look to good there, So if he and Birchall playing there where Spann goh play? Spann hadda be in there somehow.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 09:46:43 PM »
wham tuh you gazza ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 09:55:22 PM »
I was now talkin to muh parder the otherday about that...how the defenders we have is men, who couldn't mkae it as midfielders at a certain point in they life, but they good, so they get drop to defence.... like Rojas, when he was with Malik and it had real men competing for the medfield and forward, he had to settle for defence, but then he went to fatima, and he was probably the highest goalscorer there.  same sort of scene with Sancho.  It hardly have men who say I is a defender from day one, and stay and perfect the technique.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 06:25:11 AM »
Didnt Sancho play defensive midfield under BSC St. Clair vs Mexico in Mexico? Didnt look to good there, So if he and Birchall playing there where Spann goh play? Spann hadda be in there somehow.

I think he played that position in the 3-1 loss in POS.
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>