April 28, 2024, 03:10:20 PM

Author Topic: Yorke to leave Sunderland?  (Read 2719 times)

Offline QWT

• New Warrior
  • In China, nothing surprises me anymore!
    • View Profile
    • Resident Alien - a blog about my life in China
Yorke to leave Sunderland?
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »
Just read this from soccernet.com where they were speculating on who will be added and who would be leaving which teams. Here's a quote:

SUNDERLAND
ONE TO GET: Nicky Butt. The ex-Man United midfielder could be first on Roy Keane's transfer list to help keep the Black Cats in the Premiership. Another former team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may also be of interest as his Old Trafford career looks to be on the slide.

ONE TO GO: Dwight Yorke. An important figure in Sunderland's promotion push, but surely another stint in the fast-paced Premiership will prove too much for the 35-year-old, even if he is playing in midfield these days. A lucrative move to the MLS, or maybe a move into coaching could beckon?  :o

This is not news, but just an opinion. What do you think? Personally, I don't think he will be leaving Sunderland. He may not see much playing time, but I would be surprised if he leaves.

Full article here: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=432875&root=england&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1&cc=4716
PS: I hope this hasn't already been posted, because it was written a few days ago...

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke to leave Sunderland?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:32:58 AM »
Several years ago, Yorke told me that he would like to finish his playing career in the US. The MLS is, as far as international infiltration, gaining momentum. And, as far as timing, a move now would be ideal.  On the other hand, another crack at the EPL with T&T East is hard to resist. That, however, may not entirely be up to him.

Best of luck to him wherever he goes!

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
yorkie goin an take the premeirship by storm once again
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »
If yorke go to the mls he would pull a big caribbean following fo sho

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »
Yorke doh leave now nah, please  :praying:, yuh supporters want tuh see yuh perform in de EPL one more time. Also when yuh start tuh rip it up in de EPL,  Supa & De Enterprise want tuh see how yuh critics and dem on de forum, go just dissappear and stay in ah corner. However, ah like de MLS scene doh, ah big piece ah money, yuh go be big star in de league like Beckham  and last but not least, yuh get tuh add some slim American blondes tuh yuh list, cuz all work and no play go make Yorke ah dull boi  ;). Ah know yuh is ah very intelligent professional, so you will know what is best, but ah hope yuh give us at least half ah de season and den yuh cud leave de EPL like ah king in de January transfer window. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Thanks and big up tuh all de artist dat performed on 5/27/07.

Special large up tuh meh ALLIANCE (Bounty Killer, Movado and crew), Matteron, Buju and de fire man (Capleton), priceless performances from these people.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:43:41 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
Well if the choice is Yorke`s......he will defiantely be in Premier with Sunderland, however if Sunderland show him the door a move to MLS would be great .......espcially if it was for Toronto FC !!

But Yorkie ..I hope u will grace the Prem again.The smiling assasin  :beermug:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 07:22:58 PM »
Yorke and Becks ride again ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
leave de EPL like ah king in de January transfer window.

Yorke can be of great help to Sunderland just coming off the bench or merely being part of the locker room. But the best scenario for your Yorkie would be SUPA suggestion. I agree with that.  Head for the MLS at the January transfer window if Keane want to unload him.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 04:56:42 AM »
Yorke staying for the same reason he was there last year...off the field presence. He has the experience in the premier league and he helping to groom the younger ones. Also, Keane has him doing his badges. Yorke staying right there and getting into coaching unless he and Keane fall out. He will get a corbeaux to calm things down or keep a lead but his role going to be more off the field than on it
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline king carlos

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 12:07:14 PM »
He won't go anywhere. I hope he becomes a player coach and continue the good work that has been done at Sunderland. Yorke was one of the first names Roy Keane wanted to sign.

1]; } ?>