April 20, 2024, 07:56:19 AM

Author Topic: Worst day of my career  (Read 1950 times)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Worst day of my career
« on: May 28, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »
Some may find that this is a stupid post but then again ...this is ah forum for Trinis to share in we joy and hardships in the beautiful game no matter what age level .

So this is my last year at Youth Level footbal under 19. I have had some opportunities and many unlucky breaks in my young career. Ranging from the chance to go to tryout for the Under20 national team and chances to play a high level of NCAA football.....to lows like simple and plain inconveniences to prevent me from paraking in other events.

I have had the euphoria of two invitations to tryout with mexican lower league teams most notably club Tijuana of the FIrst Division A ... and i even have a chance to join the Brooklyn Knights Super Y league team.

Modestly i now play with F.C Vipers of the CJSL here in New York ...we have developed from a team mixed with primadonnas and incapable players....to a team still with few incapable players yet their faults are hidden because of the chemistry we have developed.

This weekend we had our first (my last) taste at state glory and recognition.....and with class we put away our opponents a much bigger  in stature sized team from Long Island 6-0....i only palyed 45 minutes due to a slight knock but from my CM role i recorded two assits and a goal on the day.

Advancing to the Quaterfinals we received the news that in our region we were the ONLY team to win in that manner and were viewed by many as the favourites even though this was our first shot at the cup.

The usual favorites and 4 time state cup champs Blau Weiss Gotsschee (whom im sure u guys have seen on FSC)  were knocked out first round (not sure if this was true but those were the reports)....

With the way the cup was orgainzed our win on saturday meant we had to play the very next day in Long Island.....of course we were given no favors by the team we were supposed to play ( a team we outclassed in a previous tournament) and the game was put at 1230 the next morning.

Since you have to be there at 1130....and on a memorial weekend with traffic and people heading to the beach the usual quick hour journey was estimated at 2hrs. this means we had to leave NYC at 930....we left at 9

halfway there around 1015 D Van broke down and we were forced to wait an 1hr 15 mins till the replacement van could arrive.

so now its 1230 and we are 20 mins away from the game and the next team coach says we only have the 15 min grace period before we officialy forfeit even though we explained to him our plight (granted its none of his concern)

so speeding down ....less than 5 mins from d field d coach calls us back to officialy disqualify us form the STATE CUP.....a cup we WOULD HAVE won....and probably one of the last chacnes i have at recognition here in New York at Youth level.

we put in a protest and were waiting on the result...but that has to be one of the hardest days to deal with in my footbal career

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst day of my career
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:15:28 AM »
Sorry to here that doublet
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:18:53 AM »
Damn thats tough ,that coach sounding like he didn t want to play alyah . He must be sabotage the blasted van in the first place lol . Hard luck doublet

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »
In a strange way, your team has been recognized. Keep on fighting bro'.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
head up mate
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:41:53 AM »
Some may find that this is a stupid post but then again ...this is ah forum for Trinis to share in we joy and hardships in the beautiful game no matter what age level .

So this is my last year at Youth Level footbal under 19. I have had some opportunities and many unlucky breaks in my young career. Ranging from the chance to go to tryout for the Under20 national team and chances to play a high level of NCAA football.....to lows like simple and plain inconveniences to prevent me from paraking in other events.

I have had the euphoria of two invitations to tryout with mexican lower league teams most notably club Tijuana of the FIrst Division A ... and i even have a chance to join the Brooklyn Knights Super Y league team.

Modestly i now play with F.C Vipers of the CJSL here in New York ...we have developed from a team mixed with primadonnas and incapable players....to a team still with few incapable players yet their faults are hidden because of the chemistry we have developed.

This weekend we had our first (my last) taste at state glory and recognition.....and with class we put away our opponents a much bigger  in stature sized team from Long Island 6-0....i only palyed 45 minutes due to a slight knock but from my CM role i recorded two assits and a goal on the day.

Advancing to the Quaterfinals we received the news that in our region we were the ONLY team to win in that manner and were viewed by many as the favourites even though this was our first shot at the cup.

The usual favorites and 4 time state cup champs Blau Weiss Gotsschee (whom im sure u guys have seen on FSC)  were knocked out first round (not sure if this was true but those were the reports)....

With the way the cup was orgainzed our win on saturday meant we had to play the very next day in Long Island.....of course we were given no favors by the team we were supposed to play ( a team we outclassed in a previous tournament) and the game was put at 1230 the next morning.

Since you have to be there at 1130....and on a memorial weekend with traffic and people heading to the beach the usual quick hour journey was estimated at 2hrs. this means we had to leave NYC at 930....we left at 9

halfway there around 1015 D Van broke down and we were forced to wait an 1hr 15 mins till the replacement van could arrive.

so now its 1230 and we are 20 mins away from the game and the next team coach says we only have the 15 min grace period before we officialy forfeit even though we explained to him our plight (granted its none of his concern)

so speeding down ....less than 5 mins from d field d coach calls us back to officialy disqualify us form the STATE CUP.....a cup we WOULD HAVE won....and probably one of the last chacnes i have at recognition here in New York at Youth level.

we put in a protest and were waiting on the result...but that has to be one of the hardest days to deal with in my footbal career

be positive. You might be able to tell this story to Fuentes son when they interview you to find out what motivated you to work as hard as you did to make the Soca Warriors side  ;D

Seriously though, stay up brother...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:21:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, as tough as it may seems now, hopefully one day you would look back at it and say, "that was the motivating factor in my career that have me at the top now"  :beermug: all the best in the future.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:52:18 PM »
everything have some good in it , u might not see it now but eventually u will, whatever it may be
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »
meh boy dinho keep going son...an opportunity is bound to come....
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
hey if you have not been looked at by a college. reply to this mail or leave me a message and i can link you up with the Number 2 junior college in the country.  played there the last two seasons where we finished 3rd and 2nd respectively and i (was the captain of the team this past year) now i am goin to southern connecticut on a full scholarship. just let me now and i can even get the coach or some other coach to work with you.
All American

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:02:07 PM »

Doh worry yute yuh have plenty more disappointment in life to come, but the good news is that you also have much more successes ahead of you if you keep working hard and learn from the disappointment.
Life is like that , doh ever say  "what if " always say " I will" .

PS. Avoid ( I do ) for as long as you can.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>