April 30, 2024, 07:42:53 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game  (Read 8930 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2007, 05:44:08 AM »
yea...saw whitley coming in and also dennis lawrence when i was leaving...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti game
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
crowd turnout was REAL poor...
i figure the weather and the price mainly had something to do with it
charging $100 for the double header and $50 for the 2nd game alone with no big name teams or players( no offense to anyone...just mean they have no Soca Warriors from the WC and we weren't playing a qualifier or a top team like Italy etc.)

reach to hear mexico win on PK's like 8-7!..that not confirmed

not sure of the whole startin side since one or 2 i not sure of..
but Marvin Phillip started in goal..had a decent game in my opinion..didnt get much to do but he had to cut out some thru balls and made a good save int eh 1st half low to his right
almost fell asleep on a ball over the top but he got there and punched it out and keyeno thomas saved him ont he line for the follow up...

centre backs looked like Noriega from J. Public and Keyeno Thomas (how long he in football now jed?? someone give me a age check!)
wing backs i not sure of at alll...think the left back (#15)---he REAALLLL lucky he didnt get sent off a couple times...for some tackles he could have easily gotten yellows for and then a nasty lookin tackle where he hit the haitian player below the knee....looked bad!...not sure if it was Nicholson thomas or if it was Pacheco...
he was iffy...
and the right back too..he was...well let's jus say the wing backs coulda been better..dont know who he was wore teh #6 ..same thing...either nicholson thomas or pacheco here.

midfield was Theobald(kinda questionin if he is the answer to the holding midfield position??)...isnt there other option in the PFL at that position...dont think baptiste would be as effective there
anyways
keon daniel also in the centre...he was sub par..disappeared a lot
rigth side was spann...was ok...sometimes too timid...wonder if the injury is still bothering him or making him play less aggressive
and left side was christian baptsite from defence force i believe...he was ok..but nothin extraordinary i find
up front glasgow and darryl roberts
darryl looked good in the first half in my opinion..his touches real on as usual..not no forward with real pace but he real smart and know the game....man was rockin the #14 too yes.....take stern no. one time!
glasgow was ok int he first half...didnt get as much service as he should have...was runnin a lot...
but 2nd half he was shi***** on himself for a time until i think he see the subs warming up and then he try to fight up a lil...

K. Baptiste came on for Spann...he look decent...buss a jokey ass dive as he come on too
toussaint came on for glasgow and the 7 foot looking mcfarlane came on for darrly who was quiet int eh 2nd half
toussaint looked real good..the subs made a impace in a game that was gettin boring fast! somebody bawl out in the stands "is nto a fete match!"...was movin real slow at that point

toussaint tease dem fellas on top the box and shoulda had a assist but mcfarlane dragged his left footer wide inside the box!!
was a good goal int he end toussaint scored....heard his moms is haitian...eh know if that true..kinda ironic...

hopefully toussaint starts with darryl on wed.
this is the kinda tournament we should be tryin some diff players...we done in a bad position with the WC players being out for the Gold Cup
toussaint and kerry baptiste should start...bench spann and glasgow
christian baptiste deserve another look...but he hadda work harder

glasgow was gettint he crowd vex too..a man must have clipped his ankle while he was runnin across the midfield with the ball and he stopped and left it!! luckily theobald i think, was right there to take it...he did that a couple more times....the crowd wasnt likin it at all
hopefully the turn out is better in Wednesday....and if they smart they should chagre a $30...sit anywhere...i bet they get 5 times the crowd

The left back was Pacheco and the centre mid was Romauld Aguillera not Daniel

1]; } ?>