April 25, 2024, 02:00:02 AM

Author Topic: Price of houses in TT $$$$  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Price of houses in TT $$$$
« on: May 29, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
I returning to TT later this year so I was hoping to buy a house. Den I check the price of houses to see what I could afford... what is really going on??
Prices seemed to have sky rocketed in the last few years, What is the reason for this? ... any end in sight to the rises?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Price of houses in TT $$$$
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 07:19:38 PM »
I returning to TT later this year so I was hoping to buy a house. Den I check the price of houses to see what I could afford... what is really going on??
Prices seemed to have sky rocketed in the last few years, What is the reason for this? ... any end in sight to the rises?

God did stop making Land
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 07:36:12 PM »
i would say Globalization
everythign on the internet too
just 10 years ago it had house selling in Belair and Gulf View areas in La Romain for bout $250,000+..now them calling all kinda 7 figures now yes
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »
just 10 years ago it had house selling in Belair and Gulf View areas in La Romain for bout $250,000+..now them calling all kinda 7 figures now yes

as soon as you touch Cocorite, plan on spending 1. something million
even Trincity where HCL developing to make it look like East-morrings - you looking at 500,000 to 2 million
Santa Cruz on dey mountain that Guardian Holdings developing...lawd (dats all i could say). Anyway mountain land expensive.

Don't even think about renting, you might as well build ah house.
Renting a 2 bedroom with fridge and stove, 3,500 -4,000TT per month in the West

Not sure about the East....but i'm sure its cheaper.

Someone confirm for me please...but i heard South is much cheaper to build/buy homes. Feliz that is whati heard.

Ah watching ah piece ah land in Tobago....hear nah, i does sweat everytime ah think about it, but ah want it bad  :-\
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:45:58 PM by Rookmin V. Maharaj »

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:21:03 PM »

Yuh using big words-Globalization..explain na?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:12:31 PM »
 Walk with 4mn TT, 600 K USD and yuh ok.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:08:30 AM »
Nonsense!

Do not buy or watch anything advertised on the net. It sure to be about 20-40% more expensive. Have a friend/family buy de Express, Guardian or Newsday, and watch the private ads (classifieds) there.

Buy from a person, not an agent. I went shopping in Paris with a woman who leave she bank wuk to go into de real estate business. You hear what I saying? SHOPPING IN PARIS! All off ah selling people house for more than it worth just to get a big cut. Don't do it.

Stick to the East. Houses are as much as 50% cheaper for a bigger house on more land. And try out new areas like Cunupia. Yes, it out of de way a bit. But if yuh have car, say wha? And after living abroad, NO WHERE in TT is "far" for me nah.

Look they just put up some nice houses in a gated community in Arima starting at 3-bed/2-bath for $800,000. There are nice houses for reasonable. Just not near POS. Once yuh make up mind that yuh not looking near POS, you will find beautiful, affordable homes.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 08:30:12 AM »
Nonsense!

Do not buy or watch anything advertised on the net. It sure to be about 20-40% more expensive. Have a friend/family buy de Express, Guardian or Newsday, and watch the private ads (classifieds) there.

Buy from a person, not an agent. I went shopping in Paris with a woman who leave she bank wuk to go into de real estate business. You hear what I saying? SHOPPING IN PARIS! All off ah selling people house for more than it worth just to get a big cut. Don't do it.

Stick to the East. Houses are as much as 50% cheaper for a bigger house on more land. And try out new areas like Cunupia. Yes, it out of de way a bit. But if yuh have car, say wha? And after living abroad, NO WHERE in TT is "far" for me nah.

Look they just put up some nice houses in a gated community in Arima starting at 3-bed/2-bath for $800,000. There are nice houses for reasonable. Just not near POS. Once yuh make up mind that yuh not looking near POS, you will find beautiful, affordable homes.

true talk girl....

girl ya saying east and people would automatically think about crime and drugs... ah lie ?
some actually think after the lighthouse in POS, is dey Beetham estate and country and nothing else...ah lie ?

i going tobago...ah cyah live in trinidad no more

true talk...but ah want to hear bout south

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »
Nonsense!

true talk girl....

girl ya saying east and people would automatically think about crime and drugs... ah lie ?
some actually think after the lighthouse in POS, is dey Beetham estate and country and nothing else...ah lie ?

house prices in and central significantly chepaer.
de same house thta might cost 7 mil in de west might cost about 2-3 in south...lol
ah have ah trinidadrealtor.com mag
in front ah men. go check out de site
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:03:33 AM »
Nonsense!

true talk girl....

house prices in and central significantly chepaer.
de same house thta might cost 7 mil in de west might cost about 2-3 in south...lol
ah have ah trinidadrealtor.com mag
in front ah men. go check out de site

Central ??? and ya doh know why ???

ya think i wanna have ah bmw or lexus pirogue pack up in meh car drive way

jail is dis  >:(

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 08:22:36 PM »
HEy anyone know ppl dat selling/renting land in TNT??  De more de better and I am looking for forested areas dat accessable by car anywhere is ok even in Tobago.  Let me know, thanks :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 11:53:59 PM »
HEy anyone know ppl dat selling/renting land in TNT??  De more de better and I am looking for forested areas dat accessable by car anywhere is ok even in Tobago.  Let me know, thanks :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

dis eh reading right but I NOT asking nah.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 07:13:40 AM »

dis eh reading right but I NOT asking nah.

LOL, nuttin bad ah have plan  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: 

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 08:13:58 AM »
Most of the above posts sum up everything very nicely.

However....If you can afford it buy a house in the West if you don't want to deal with traffic.

Traffic has gotten real real bad and those in the east and south real suffering.

Even in the North Deigo, Maraval and Santa Cruz Traffic is real real pace.

Santa Cruz is the new hotspot with everything being bought up. They are also developing the road from hololo. So you can now get to santa cruz via 3 methods, St. Anns, San Juan and Maraval.

Rent in TT in the papers is no longer in TT$......prices only in US and you paying at least 4000TT a month if you lucky.

Now I see why people still living in they mudder house at 40yrs.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »
Most of the above posts sum up everything very nicely.

However....If you can afford it buy a house in the West if you don't want to deal with traffic.

Traffic has gotten real real bad and those in the east and south real suffering.

Even in the North Deigo, Maraval and Santa Cruz Traffic is real real pace.

Santa Cruz is the new hotspot with everything being bought up. They are also developing the road from hololo. So you can now get to santa cruz via 3 methods, St. Anns, San Juan and Maraval.

Rent in TT in the papers is no longer in TT$......prices only in US and you paying at least 4000TT a month if you lucky.

Now I see why people still living in they mudder house at 40yrs.

Thanks Touches, what I was looking for was if anyone have connections.  I's been a long time since I was home so I doh know anyone anymore.  Me and a couple friends were looking into setting up a business home but we need if we could untouched land and it isn't anything illegal is jus I doh want to let de cat out de back to early dias all.  We looking for a nice couple big lots of land even if it for rent we might work wid dat.  Anyway if yu know anyone let me know.  THanks

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
biche is de place.lol.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:21:58 AM »
we have to start doing like Ras Shorty I and go and settle in the bush.

live off de land and make plenty chirren to help yuh plant.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »
hm, it's strange b/c i grew up in gasparillo, way up in the bush where taxis used to fraid to carry us b/c of the bad roads. when i left i say no way i going back there but with the way things going now if i ever do go back trini i might end up right there...damn, life is a funny thing.

1]; } ?>