April 28, 2024, 01:14:20 AM

Author Topic: Asafa assumes his throne  (Read 5578 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Asafa assumes his throne
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:13:32 PM »
Asafa opnened in 9.97 today, just fast enough to assume the world lead throne for 2007 so far, so the stage is set for Prefontaine on June 9.

June 3rd and June 9th I am broadcasting on CBS so I am sure I will have much board support for my broadcasts....ratings, people lol.

BORN TO DO IT

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Asafa assumes his throne
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 07:17:59 PM »
ratings?

I eh tink too much trini have neilsen boxes

However..if CBS allow we to text or send email comments while you are live...I could do someting to help yuh

e.g:

"Ato yuh is ah borse broadcaster now go an wash out dat Jheri curl'

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 08:02:09 PM »
ratings?

However..if CBS allow we to text or send email comments while you are live...I could do someting to help yuh

e.g:

poor taste !

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
ratings?

e.g:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 09:41:48 PM »
 :rotfl:

Everyone in here ent in Trinidad so that was for all the people who live in the USA.........OF COURSE!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »
Ato what u broadcasting on June 3rd?   I know june 9th is the final day of NCAA.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:14:02 PM »
I arrive in the USA on the 6th so I will tune in on the 9th.  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »
June 2nd is a professional meet from NY - the Reebok GP but it airs on the 3rd....the 9th is the NCAAs, LIVE from Sacramento - last of 3 years it's been there so I glad to get a 'lil change of scenery from next year.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:11:34 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 07:41:02 AM »
Yuh learn Farsi yet ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 08:25:34 AM »
Here is the video from Asafa's race, strides are a little choppy and he is a little tense overall, but i guess his fluency will comoe as the season progresses. Also looks like he put on a few extra punds of muscle.

http://sydney2000.eurosport.com/athletics/other/2007/mcplayervideo_vid41766.shtml

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »
Asafa looked ragged but it is his first race in a long time....Tyson Gay is working on his start with............ Jon Drummond!....good move....

Right now no one wants to race Tyson Gay - and wtih good reason....I interviewed him here in NY for the meet on Saturday and he is ready....5 pounds heavier and in amazing shape.

Darrel should compete well with Asafa if he is next to him at Pre on June 9 based on how they both look right now
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 02:46:50 AM »
Asafa looked ragged but it is his first race in a long time....Tyson Gay is working on his start with............ Jon Drummond!....good move....

Right now no one wants to race Tyson Gay - and wtih good reason....I interviewed him here in NY for the meet on Saturday and he is ready....5 pounds heavier and in amazing shape.

Darrel should compete well with Asafa if he is next to him at Pre on June 9 based on how they both look right now

Good points...just one thing overlooked. Last year Asafa looked the same at Oslo. To me its clear that he is still under a heavy base training load (maybe to make up for the injury hit 3 weeks). He looked tight and tired. His drive phase was rushed, etc. I think when he lightens up (surely before Trials in late June) the fluidity will come back. I agree that if he raced Gay today, his chances will be slim. In a month or so though, I would back Asafa.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 02:53:30 AM »

BTW, Asafa running only the 200m at Pre. Is DB running the 200m there? If so, do you really expect him to compete well against Asaf in the 200m, given that DB just clocked a 20.51s at Hamptons????

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 04:45:04 PM »
Brown running the 200 is to better his 100 not for no win, because he wont win those and its ok

I'm in NY for the meet.

Some big moves about to happen....big names switching camps (not in the 100)

Biggest thing I heard was that Trevor is still coaching Barber....if so then yes, I am putting it out there...he shouldn't be coaching anyone if we are to progress past that dark era.

Willi you know my thoughts on Trevor and how he has disgraced every upstanding Caribbean athlete and citizen.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 04:48:50 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »
Brown not running in the 200 for the prefontaine classic

http://www.preclassic.com/2007startlists.html

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 01:23:32 AM »
Brown running the 200 is to better his 100 not for no win, because he wont win those and its ok

I'm in NY for the meet.

Biggest thing I heard was that Trevor is still coaching Barber....if so then yes, I am putting it out there...he shouldn't be coaching anyone if we are to progress past that dark era.

Willi you know my thoughts on Trevor and how he has disgraced every upstanding Caribbean athlete and citizen.

I have no love for Trevor either.

Zebra is being coached by Jackie's bro...that is the scoop I heard.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 02:53:57 PM »

I'm in NY for the meet.

willi....dat U?  :o :o :)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 01:57:21 AM »

I'm in NY for the meet.

willi....dat U?  :o :o :)

Yeah man, been here for years.

You forget I was on the original SocaWarriors site. That is how I met AL and others. Flex I know longest of all (except for SocaPro). Flex even helped me jazz up the Carib. track site.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »
Asafa opnened in 9.97 today, just fast enough to assume the world lead throne for 2007 so far, so the stage is set for Prefontaine on June 9.

June 3rd and June 9th I am broadcasting on CBS so I am sure I will have much board support for my broadcasts....ratings, people lol.

Ato,

I jess watch de 4 x 400 Men's..

So i heard you ...dat 2nd runner from Baylor hear yuh tell everybody he make a big mistake .. so he had to show yuh up.  ;D

Well done commentary .. was it live or delayed?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 03:13:53 PM »
Commentary was live!  Yeah people write me to cuss and say he plan that and he make me look stupid lol yeah right - he plan to sleep the first turn and kill heself coming home - if so he is ah arse.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »
Commentary was live!  Yeah people write me to cuss and say he plan that and he make me look stupid lol yeah right - he plan to sleep the first turn and kill heself coming home - if so he is ah arse.

Live commentary is tough .. you sounded experienced ... congrats (had a tough time detecting the Trini accent)

My brother-in-law had his chance at commentary after he retired from athletics.  But most of what he did was delayed ..i.e.  de commentary was done after de fact and dubbed over the video when it was televised, and even so, he found that difficult lol.  I have to smile whenever I see and hear Dwight Stones ... he and my brother-in-law use to compete head to head back in de 80's.

Keep letting us know when you are on. :beermug:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »
Thanks.  ;D

Ha ha well I ent "ON" again for 2007 unless I fire mih other wuk - I back to mih day job now coaching the Saudis but I really enjoyed it the most this year I kinda "freed up" as I was told by my agent/consultant and tried to be more me and less "broadcaster-ish", I got a chance to big up a Trini (natasha Hastings) (Shaka's cousin) who I really studied and I realized after seeing an average performance from Sanya Richards that she is going to win the US nationals!

BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 03:14:06 AM »
Thanks.  ;D

Ha ha well I ent "ON" again for 2007 unless I fire mih other wuk - I back to mih day job now coaching the Saudis but I really enjoyed it the most this year I kinda "freed up" as I was told by my agent/consultant and tried to be more me and less "broadcaster-ish", I got a chance to big up a Trini (natasha Hastings) (Shaka's cousin) who I really studied and I realized after seeing an average performance from Sanya Richards that she is going to win the US nationals!

Sanya cant lose.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 05:57:36 AM »
Sanya can't lose?  U must be mad!

Look at NCAAs and look at SAnya fall apart the last 100 in Pre....you Jamaican bias is showing as usual.

Sanya is ripe for a cut arse.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 01:12:34 PM »

Look at NCAAs and look at SAnya fall apart the last 100 in Pre....you Jamaican bias is showing as usual.

Jamaican bias???? Ato yuh mad! Sanya is a defector and I am not one who supports defectors. That is why I give U props as you took the high road, which is to rep you born land. Dont make Smoke and them guys fool yuh bout bias. LoL Nobaddy more bias dan him and Conway...look at their political stances.

I say Sanya cant lose because I know the Waco programme and the fact that Hart have things up his sleeve.

Edit: I go back and llok at the Pre race and Sanya didnt look so good in the last 40m and after the race she was more winded than usual. She may be more vulnerable than usual for the trials in 10 days. Howevere, I feel that Hart will have her ready for WChamps in Aug. In other words, I tek back me chat.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 02:56:42 PM by willi »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 04:51:26 PM »

Ato ah have to agree with willi on this one. Not so much on the part thatshe can't lose(she is Human), but she ain't going to lose at U.S. nats. Remeber iz ah Clyde Hart stud you talking about. her opener of 50.74 isn't bad at all, and i expect at least 0.50 to be shaved off that time on friday. I will say this much, hastings might be close, but she ain't losing and it will be the closest that she will be to her all season. Sanya will win, but it is goin to lok like how x-man won on Sunday, she will have to fight like ah dog.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »
Oh I take that back....I got offered a dream job yesterday which will put me on TV a lot more for track.  Tell you all as soon as it's official which should be today
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>