April 18, 2024, 11:06:16 PM

Author Topic: Dennis Lawrence quits international game.  (Read 5766 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dennis Lawrence quits international game.
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:26:12 PM »
Lawrence quits international game.
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago's Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence has decided to put an end to his seven-year international career.
His decision comes amidst the current impasse between the T&T World Cup players and the T&T Football Federation (T&TFF) over promised reward payments from their participation in Germany last year.
The 32-year-old Lawrence, home on vacation after a hectic season with League One club Swansea, believes he is not yet at retirement age but thinks leaving is the best choice for him at this stage.
"Basically, I have a lot to offer still but under the current circumstances it's not possible."
Lawrence, a key member of the recently-established Football Players Association of T&T (FPATT), made it clear that he was in no way backing out of supporting the players' stance with the T&TFF, but said there comes a time when a player has to look after his own needs.
"I've always been a team player, but at this moment I think I have to look after my needs and that of my family, which is trying to get the best out of myself for my club."
He added: "A lot has happened over the last ten months since our last game in Germany, and it has been very frustrating for me and many others involved in football.
"I have had a lot of time to think and discuss with my family, friends and agent about my position on the matter at hand. For the record, I will like to say that I fully support my teammates in their stand for what we believe is right.
"Having said this, however, I must add that I do not support the legal action taken against the T&TFF, because I feel that between the players and the T&TFF, we had a good enough relationship to deal with our issues behind closed doors. It is sad to say now that this is not the case.
"However, I do hope that for the future of T&T football, both sides will soon resolve the matter," he said.
Lawrence, who scored the vital goal for T&T to beat Bahrain 1-0 in Manama on November 15, 2005 to qualify for the World Cup Finals in Germany, added: "I had a lengthy discussion with my agent, family and my close friends and at the moment I think it's the best move.
"I'm 32 going on 33 and it's not what I wanted to do, but it's in the best interest of me right now."
Looking back at his own international career, Lawrence said the current dispute with the football federation is surely the low point.
"I was hoping that after the World Cup we would have improved our international status and we would have been able to pass on that experience to the younger players, but at the moment that's not possible.
"But I'm still hoping that it can be resolved. I'm looking forward to wearing the national colours of red, white and black maybe in the near future as a supporter," Lawrence said.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 04:39:12 AM by Flex »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
Re: Dennis Lawrence quits international game
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »
well ah guess he eh wearing dem colors now to support de current team
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Lawrence quits international game.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 07:23:46 AM »
Thanks for all Lawrence and you talk with much sense !!!!!

How could Jack Warner just sit there and do nothing about this current impasse ? He cannot depend on Liver Scamps (Oliver Camps) to solve it.... both parties must come together, now !!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 07:39:21 AM »
Class man!!!! a player ; a true Warrior.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:11:01 AM »
Nooooooooo Tallest gone  :( stueps ttff alyuh rel facking up d game now yes
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 08:18:21 AM »
THIS IS A DAMN SHAME  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 09:15:58 AM »
Ah was just going and put thee god horse on meh fantasy Gold Cup roster. It is so sad to see this happening to our football.   
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »
Look Jackula can only survive when chaos is abound. The players have to stick with the legal action and hopefully that will expose some of the corruption within TTFF and it may lead to Jackula's demise.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »
Thanks Dennis. We will always appreciate your contribution.

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »
Well to be honest guys, my veiw on this is that it is a big but needed bluff. I think guys are trying to show the TTFF that they will take serious actions but as soon as the impasse is resolved, players would be back on board. My 2 cent.

However, in the event that Dennis does really call it a day, your services were gladly appreciated. Thank you very much!!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 01:10:08 PM »
Thanx for DAT goal  ;D which brought pride and joy to Trinis worldwide !

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Tallest all I can say brudder u eptimoizes what hard work could accmplish. I eh agree with u re the legal action but that is ok u will be spoken about for years more like decades to come.

ALL TH E BESST
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:27:07 PM »
Tallest sounding plain frustrated.

The situation maddening indeed...I myself does sometimes feel to say 4k it with the whole T&T international scene it go be less headache, heartache and heartbreak.

Tallest for me was a late bloomer with the Warriors side and significantly improved as a player in the past 2 or so years. I was hoping he would play on fuh a while but ...as kingman say time will tell.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 11:34:26 AM »
I feel that there is a rift within the blacklisted players.  It seems to me that some players are not happy with the fact they took legal action so quickly.

This whole situation seems as if it is going to become a great big messand the players (and the fans) are going to lose!!

work permit time coming soon.....lol, and only the players with brittish passports will survive!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »
work permit time coming soon.....lol, and only the players with brittish passports will survive!

ah love it!!

Nuff man married.  And who ent....well....leh meh jes say...dat eh go be no problem fuh dem to get det.  Dem could have dey pick.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »
I feel that there is a rift within the blacklisted players. It seems to me that some players are not happy with the fact they took legal action so quickly.

This whole situation seems as if it is going to become a great big mess and the players (and the fans) are going to lose!!

ah love it!!

ah feel so too. agent interfering maybe?... ???

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
I feel that there is a rift within the blacklisted players. It seems to me that some players are not happy with the fact they took legal action so quickly.

This whole situation seems as if it is going to become a great big mess and the players (and the fans) are going to lose!!

ah love it!!

ah feel so too. agent interfering maybe?... ???

Correct me if I'm wrong - but was Tallest actually on the blacklist? or is he one like Carlos who ended up standing in solidarity?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 12:25:56 PM »
He like Carlos in fact the stuttering one on SPALK said that after he saw the books he was good and agreed with the 5000TT dollars. He eh want the legal action but with Jack dat is like playin mas and eh want powder.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>