April 24, 2024, 09:06:37 AM

Author Topic: Rivaldo signs for AEK Athens  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rivaldo signs for AEK Athens
« on: May 30, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »
Rivaldo signs for AEK Athens
World Soccer News

Greek first division club AEK Athens announced on Tuesday that it had signed Brazilian football legend Rivaldo on a two year contract where he will paid reportedly 1.3million euros a year.

The 35-year-old had been playing for Olympiakos the last three seasons but quit the team earlier this month saying he had been asked to stay for a fourth year with a 50 percent reduction in his pay which he rejected.

No financial details of the deal were revealed by AEK, which finished in second place this past season and will play in the Champions League qualifying round next season.

However Greek press reports said Rivaldo will be getting 1.3 million euros a year for playing with AEK plus bonuses if the Greek team does well in the Champions League or wins the domestic league crown.

Rivaldo had been receiving 1.9 million euros annually at Olympiakos, it was reported.

"I am here in order to help AEK win the championship," Rivaldo said after signing his contract and then leaving for a vacation in his native Brazil.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rivaldo signs for AEK Athens
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:29:09 AM »
gud tuh see my favourite baller of all time still runnin...best ah luck  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:01:15 PM »
Dat is like moving from Madrid to Barca. Hopefully the Olimpiakos fans appreciate what he has done for them and not hate on the legend.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 12:10:41 PM »
Dat is like moving from Madrid to Barca. Hopefully the Olimpiakos fans appreciate what he has done for them and not hate on the legend.

A move to Panathanaikos woulda prob been worse.

I done write off a swansong for Brazil but seeing him do well in the CL next season would be good...but I have a feeling he will have to carry AEK on his own

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:31:32 PM »
The only regret i have is that he never played for the greatest club in the world MAN.U ;D I still think he is one of the best players ever.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 12:46:20 PM »
The only regret i have is that he never played for the greatest club in the world MAN.U

he score and manners allyuh plenty though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIeIOCpEams

Dwight is in the clip  ;)

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 09:02:03 PM »
always was a balla....IMO dinho inherit the 10 at barca and the "magic brazilian" role from him at nou camp

1]; } ?>