April 27, 2024, 02:33:57 PM

Author Topic: kobe tells lakers TRADE ME  (Read 5289 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
kobe tells lakers TRADE ME
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
Trade me: Kobe tells Lakers he wants out
Story Tools:       
  Print    Email    Blog This   
Associated Press
Posted: 2 minutes ago     

LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant asked to be traded from the Lakers on Wednesday, a day after calling the team's front office "a mess." He said there was nothing the Lakers could do to change his mind.

Also...

Blogjam: What's next for Lakers?

Boards: Talk to Lakers fans

Kriegel: The Kobe Rules

Lakers owner in DUI trouble

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant told ESPN radio. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative."

Bryant, who helped the Lakers win three consecutive NBA championships, has four years left on the seven-year, $136.4 million contract he signed July 15, 2004. That was a day after Shaquille O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat.

Bryant became infuriated Tuesday when a Los Angeles Times columnist quoted what he called a Lakers insider as saying it was Bryant's insistence on getting away from O'Neal that prompted the trade to Miami.

The Lakers did not immediately respond to a message left by The Associated Press.

Bryant, an 11-year veteran who turns 29 in August, urged the team at season's end to do whatever it takes to get back into championship contention. He essentially repeated those comments last weekend in an interview with the Los Angeles Times.

Poll

On Sunday, he suggested former Lakers general manager Jerry West should return to the team. West left the team in the summer of 2000 and was succeeded by current GM Mitch Kupchak.

West, an employee of the Lakers for some 40 years as a player, coach and executive, is under contract as the Memphis Grizzlies' president until July 1. He turned 69 this week and has remained a close friend of Kupchak's. West said in a statement he has "no plans to seek employment with any other organization."

On Tuesday, Bryant did a series of radio interviews bashing the Lakers. He contended owner Jerry Buss misled him three years ago, saying the team would try immediately to rejoin the NBA's elite.

Bryant earned $17.72 million last season and is owed $88.6 million over the next four years. He can terminate his contract following the 2008-09 season.

He would obviously waive his no-trade clause, but he has a trade clause in his contract that is believed to add about $13 million to his total contract value, a cost to be absorbed by any team that acquires him. The money would be paid like a signing bonus and would not count toward the salary cap. The Lakers had to pay a similar fee to Lamar Odom when they acquired him from Miami three years ago, paying him about $8 million.

With O'Neal and Bryant leading the way, the Lakers won championships from 2000-02 and reached the NBA finals again in 2004, losing to the Detroit Pistons in five games.

The team was broken up at that time, with O'Neal traded, coach Phil Jackson leaving and other stalwarts - Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Derek Fisher, Robert Horry and Rick Fox - going elsewhere or retiring.

The Lakers failed to make the playoffs the following season. With Jackson returning, they finished seventh in the Western Conference in each of the past two years but were eliminated by the Phoenix Suns in the first round of the playoffs.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: kobe tells lakers TRADE ME
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
when it comes to ah mama boy mentality vince carter eh have nuttin on this pussy.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:18:26 PM »

Kobe have ah Diva mentality oui...like ah real lil gyirl

dey should sen him to de charlotte bobcats...leh we see wuh he could do dey
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »
did day give he back he ball also :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »
what did he say that ,all other stars donèt say .and kobe ein t want nuttin with vince ,he s a premaddona ,but he don èt even talk to his parents .

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 04:24:27 PM »

Kobe have ah Diva mentality oui...like ah real lil gyirl

dey should sen him to de charlotte bobcats...leh we see wuh he could do dey

send him to the bobcats!  then self i will be up there evry home game

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:48:02 PM »
Good riddance.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »
I wonder if we could trade Bosh for Kobe ,Phil say he loves Boshs game already . BCO could build a wicked team with him ,and then trade parker for Bowen, who will be tougher ,and will help kill NJ...............Imagine we could trade a no. sixth  pick for Kobe  :o
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:06:23 PM by Quagmire »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 05:35:26 PM »
once kobe doesn't go to Bulls i happy..heard a rumor about ben wallace, gordon and someone else for kobe.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »
No sent him to Denver so he could rekindle his romance with the alleged rape victim.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 05:47:04 AM »
Nah it have enough ball hugging guards in denver .

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »
if kobe have to get traded,no way lakers will send him to a team in de west.the only two teams that can accomodate him are knicks and bulls.kobe good right way he is.ball hoggin homo.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 07:21:31 AM »
Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book
Story Tools:         
  Print    Email    Blog This    Subscribe 
Mark Kriegel / FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 hours ago     

As viewed from Los Angeles, a town that has been more egregiously indulgent of Kobe Bryant than any of its teen starlets, the Cavaliers post-game press conference came as a welcome event. After Cleveland's improbable victory over the Detroit Pistons, one would expect LeBron James at the podium. Less expected, however, was one Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, a second-round pick out of Texas.

LeBron James took Daniel Gibson under his wing, and 'Boobie' has paid him back in full. (Amy Sancetta / Associated Press)
At 21, Boobie's not much. He's neither big, nor, as his draft status suggests, did he arrive in Cleveland with much of a rep. In fact, he spent most of his rookie season — the regular portion of which concluded with averages of 16.5 minutes and 4.5 points — on the bench.

In other words, he's exactly the kind of scrub Kobe Bryant would whine about having to play with.

But there he was, the unlikely hero of an historic upset. His line in the boxscore included 31 points, 19 in the fourth quarter when Detroit and Rasheed Wallace imploded for the last time.

When asked to what he attributed his great good fortune, Gibson could not have been more clear.

"From day one," he said, "LeBron's been in my corner."

I found myself wondering if Kobe was watching. I sure hoped he was, as he had subjected me to a miserable couple of days during which he thought to air his demands. Said demands might be summarized thusly:

Trade me. I want to be a Laker. Trade me. I want to be a Laker. Trade me. I want to be a Laker for life.

Lindsay Lohan, recently arrested on suspicion of drunk driving, made more sense when she cracked up her convertible on Sunset.

In keeping with this starlet theme, one can't help but think the timing of the tantrum had something to do with the ascent of James and the Cavaliers. Perhaps Kobe couldn't stand the lack of attention this time of year. Or, perhaps he knows that the comparison with LeBron James does not flatter him at all.

Bryant keeps complaining about the Lakers' lack of talent. But with the case of Boobie Gibson now in evidence, I would submit that there's not much difference between the talent level surrounding James and Bryant. In fact, let's dispatch right here with the fictitious notion that the Lakers without Kobe are a bunch of scrubs. LeBron James doesn't have anyone nearly as talented as Lamar Odom. The difference is how each star treats the talent around him.

Can you imagine any of the Lakers saying about Kobe what Gibson said about LeBron?

No.

Boobie Gibson went on about how James would encourage him after practice. "Keep shooting," he told the rookie. "Don't worry about nothing."

"My teammates," said James, "(are) my family."

To watch the Cleveland-Detroit series was to acknowledge James' greatness. He shoots when he has to, and from as far as need be. He can attack the rim like Bryant, but see the court like Magic Johnson. Still, his strength and quickness suggest yet another Laker legend, James Worthy. But even more striking than his individual attributes was the unmistakable sense that guys liked playing with, and for, LeBron James.

Last month, on the eve of the Cavaliers engagement with the Nets, Richard Jefferson was asked to assess the degree of difficulty in trying to guard James. The key, said Jefferson, was "he gets his teammates involved...It's not just the LeBron show. He's not a Kobe Bryant where he's just going to go out there and score at all costs."

Great players are supposed to endow the players around them with greatness. Kobe Bryant does not. While James is about winning, Kobe is about Kobe.

Kobe Bryant is driving a wedge between him and the rest of the Lakers. (Ross D. Franklin / Associated Press)

In relation to his teammates, Bryant inhabits a parallel universe, separate and unequal. Perhaps you recall former Laker Chucky Atkins remarking with some frustration, "Kobe's the GM of this team." I'll not forget the way he showed up his teammate, Luke Walton, who had the temerity to pass the ball back to him during an overtime loss to the Knicks. And while there's some fantastic revisionism emanating from the Lakers' high command, you may remember that even his own coach couldn't stand him.

You think anything has really changed?

Kobe Bryant doesn't instill confidence in the guys in the locker room. He communicates by text message.

In fairness, it's worth mentioning that Bryant plays in the West, where the Cavaliers would have had a much more difficult time. Also, there were injuries to key Lakers this past season, especially the one to Lamar Odom. But this idea that Bryant cannot deign to trust his teammates is nonsense. No one's asking him to trust Boobie Gibson. Again, put Bryant in context: this is a guy who couldn't trust Shaquille O'Neal.

Kobe Bryant is going to be 29 soon, and entering his 12th NBA season. He provided a partial template for LeBron James. He was the first, a basketball prodigy with a huge sneaker deal before he left high school.

James is only 22, and about to play in his first Finals. But suddenly this gap in age and experience counts for nothing. It is James who now sets the example. In watching him, Bryant may yet learn the difference between a starlet and a star.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:23:03 AM by bossofallbosses »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:02:25 AM »
I think lebron true talent lies not only in his skills but his leadership abilities...if he continues at this rate his dominance will be on MJ level.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 01:44:32 PM »
Reports: Bryant still wants out of L.A. 
FOXSports.com, Updated 2 hours ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

Kobe Bryant's personal ping-pong game continues.

The Lakers guard met with Lakers owner Jerry Buss in Spain on Friday and re-stated his desire to be traded, according to multiple reports in the Los Angeles area.
An internet report in the Press-Enterprise of Riverside, Calif., citing "two league sources," said Buss was "shocked" by Bryant's request and left the meeting without knowing how he would respond.

The Lakers confirmed to the Press-Enterprise that Buss and Bryant met.

"Our position is that it's a private meeting between the two of them and it shall remain private between the two of them," Lakers public relations director John Black told the Press-Enterprise in a phone interview Friday night.

Team sources "vehemently insisted" to the L.A. Times that there were no plans in the works to trade Bryant.

Bryant's saga began three weeks ago when he lashed out on L.A. radio shows, saying the Lakers franchise was headed in the wrong direction, demanding a trade, and backing off those comments all in the same day.

Bryant is the only NBA player with a no-trade clause in his contract. He has four years and over $88 million left on his current deal.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

advertisement
 STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 01:45:19 PM »
this guy is such ah pussy ah cannot believe it.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 04:56:31 PM »
now i hear it have a vdeo of kobe badtalking bynum (who incidentally looks like a dude i went pres with). some guys charging money to see it on some website.  the circus goes on

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/19/sports/basketball/19bryant.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 10:08:26 AM »
after this soap opera is over..kobe will be playing for the lakers, trade bynum, odom and whomever it takes to keep kobe happy and they will sign ah decent free agent and pay some luxury tax.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »
after this soap opera is over..kobe will be playing for the lakers, trade bynum, odom and whomever it takes to keep kobe happy and they will sign ah decent free agent and pay some luxury tax.
and continue to exit first rd. in playoffs.or not even make it atall.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »

But seein how de man does get orn....who go really WANT to go dey

If ah half azz free agent...he know he in for a rough ride in de media with Bryant...and if is ah star...he eh takin no setta talk ting from bryant without firing back

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:21:52 PM »
i see some trade rumours here: http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba?cnn=yes

this is how they describing garnett?

Minnesota owner Glen Taylor was expected to be in the Timberwolves' offices this morning before departing for a honeymoon in China. His appearance at team headquarters suggested a quick resolution on the Lakers' proposal, which includes forward Lamar Odom and center Andrew Bynum. However, sources said that Kevin McHale, the Timberwolves' vice president of basketball operations, wasn't keen on the Lakers' offer. In another scenario, the Lakers could include center Kwame Brown in the deal and also acquire Troy Hudson or Marko Jaric to address a need for a ballhandling guard while lifting an unfavorable contract off the Timberwolves' books.

when is negotiations, i guess they does forget all kind of thing.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »
Ah hope garnett hit Kobe some hurry cuff in he neck during practice

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 03:11:35 PM »
Kobe go be a Clipper!!  he ent leaving LA. ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 09:20:37 AM »
Bryant: 'I was frustrated, I was venting' 
Associated Press, Updated 11 hours ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Although he didn't rescind his trade request, Kobe Bryant softened his stance somewhat Thursday night, saying he had apologized to Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak in person for the way he handled his upset feelings five weeks ago.

"I just felt like as a man, it was important for me to tell him, 'I'm sorry it came out that way,"' Bryant said at a lightly attended news conference at Loyola Marymount, where he spoke mainly about his camp for youngsters at the school this week.
Bryant said that while he could have called Kupchak, it was important he speak with him face-to-face.

"I was frustrated, I was venting," Bryant said.

When asked whether he still wanted out, Bryant replied: "I haven't thought about that in a long, long time. I've kind of stepped away from that. I've concentrated on Team USA. What I say is what I say. We'll just have to see where it goes."

The U.S. national team begins practice July 20 in Las Vegas.

Bryant, the NBA's leading scorer the past two seasons, complained about a lack of talent around him at season's end, and said May 30 he wanted to be traded, adding nothing could change his mind.

Despite that request, the Lakers have made clear that trading Bryant isn't in their plans. Bryant is owed $88.6 million over the next four seasons, but could terminate his contract in two years.

The Lakers haven't won a playoff series since reaching the NBA finals in 2004 for the fourth time in five years. With Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal leading the way, they won three straight championships from 2000-02.

advertisement
 STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   

O'Neal was traded to Miami in July 2004, a day before Bryant signed a seven-year, $136.4 million contract to remain with the Lakers, who haven't won a playoff series since O'Neal left.

Bryant said he hasn't spoken with Derek Fisher since Monday, when Fisher was released by the Utah Jazz so he can concentrate on finding the best care for his 11-month-old daughter, who has cancer in her left eye.

Fisher said he wants to live in one of the six or seven cities being considered for Tatum's care. Bryant and Fisher were teammates and, from all indications, good friends while playing with the Lakers from 1996-2004 - the first eight seasons of their NBA careers.

Kupchak didn't rule out the possibility of a return to the Lakers for Fisher, who signed with Golden State as a free agent after the 2003-04 season and was later traded to Utah.

Bryant said 450 kids aged 8-to-18 attended his camp.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 09:52:53 AM »
ballhogs doh win games...team players do e.g. the members of the san antonio spur

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
He sorry now until the next full moon
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>