April 22, 2024, 04:40:00 PM

Author Topic: Scotland's Incentive: REFRAME THE SITUATION  (Read 2229 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Scotland's Incentive: REFRAME THE SITUATION
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:52:13 AM »
The more I read about the debacle involving Jason Scotland and the review panel, the more it appears to be a miscarriage of justice or else the man  might have 'pelt ah tackle behind one ah dem man woman"

Nevertheless, I believe that if he is the quality player he alleges to be, that he would have to put on a show aganist the USA to turn some heads and to acquire employment.

For each and everyone of these players, from a personal perspective, the remaining games  in the WCQ is about prformance, employment and career longevity. Make no bones about it,  to some of these managers, players are a dime a dozen and the treatment some players get are not always warranted.

For Scotland's sake and I know we have other players like Sancho, and Rahim looking for employment, morale is not at the highest now, but if they could reframe their personal situation and see that they could use these games to prove many people wrong, the benefit to the players, TNT team and to us as a nation will be  magnanimous.

Lessons Learned:
Yuh have tuh be on top of yuh game in these foreign lands.

Leh me tell yuh, it have no room fuh complacency; Just when yuh think yuh dey, man does back stab  like crazy!!!!!!

Yuh cyar take time off and expect tuh perform at peak

Yuh have tuh live a lifestyle  tuh maintain that professional work ethic.

POSITIVE RESULTS ALL THE WAY WARRIORS!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland's Incentive: REFRAME THE SITUATION
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 11:55:17 AM »
This is where mental strength comes in, something which we as a team have not had in a long time. Is like when yuh down 3-0 at half time and yuh have tuh pull out all de stops tuh wrest de game from yuh opposition.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 12:40:10 PM »
Well said fellahs! As much as I want justice for Scotland and contracts for the others without, I think they are in better positions than most other players in T&T and the wider Caribbean. They are on the present national team which still has a lot to play for, and they have all had exposure to foreign leagues with reasonably high levels of football.

Compare that to when they now started trying to gain a natiuonal selection or a foreign contract without international experience. Fact is, alot is now in their own hands, they have incentive to play even harder for the "Red,White,& Black".

They could be scouted during the rest of the Hex, or even better, they could help T&T qualify for our first WC in Germany 2006; where they must be seen and give themselves even more chance of obtaining contracts abroad.

When life gives you Sour Lemons, your must not get-on sour, instead you must make Lemon Juice and sell to all who want. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S. Damn dis beard does scratch meh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 04:42:31 PM »
So wait nah? we have Rahim, Sancho  and Scotland in te same predicament?  K. Jack is back at Dundee? and we have Ince man busting style.

Now ah take it man go be extra motivated to show; hopefully thi sgo be ah win win for player and TNT.

Dem men have tuh start playing hard and  really get physical on the  usa.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 08:53:23 PM »
Really sorry for the lad and wish him and the others the best.  I like the idea of focusing on the WCQ as an audition for other work opportunities, but do these players have that foresight??  I am not one to make an argument for refusing a 10-20 minute a game player a Work Permit.  The fact is that these players are relatively cheap, good, second team players.  The recent performances for the national team has not changed my opinion on the quality of players such as Scotland, Samuel and Rahim.  These players do not appear to have grown/improve on the football field in the last couple of years.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 08:13:14 AM »
. The recent performances for the national team has not changed my opinion on the quality of players such as Scotland, Samuel and Rahim. These players do not appear to have grown/improve on the football field in the last couple of years.

This begs the question as to who is at fault: if they have not shown improvement, is it the coaching or the player?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 08:33:47 AM »
Beenie need to start all them men home with no contract, first 25 mins to show and prove, otherwise back on the bench, it aint go have no more motivated and hard fighting men than them fellas!!!!

1]; } ?>