April 24, 2024, 10:29:24 PM

Author Topic: Lee keen to do Anelka swap deal with United  (Read 4860 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Lee keen to do Anelka swap deal with United
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:55:29 PM »
Bolton boss Sammy Lee has told his board that he is happy to listen to offers from Manchester United for striker Nicolas Anelka.

United chief executive David Gill met Bolton representatives this week to underline the Premiership champions’ interest in the 28-year-old France forward
Lee has told his chairman Phil Gartside that he would be happy to do a player-plus-cash deal with United. The Bolton boss is interested in striker Alan Smith and midfielder Kieran Richardson.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to find the cash to lure Samuel Eto’o from Barcelona, but is tracking Anelka as a secondary target.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=459318&in_page_id=1779

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lee keen to do Anelka swap deal with United
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »
Bolton boss Sammy Lee has told his board that he is happy to listen to offers from Manchester United for striker Nicolas Anelka.

United chief executive David Gill met Bolton representatives this week to underline the Premiership champions’ interest in the 28-year-old France forward
Lee has told his chairman Phil Gartside that he would be happy to do a player-plus-cash deal with United. The Bolton boss is interested in striker Alan Smith and midfielder Kieran Richardson.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson hopes to find the cash to lure Samuel Eto’o from Barcelona, but is tracking Anelka as a secondary target.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=459318&in_page_id=1779

GOOD RIDDANCE(richardson)

not to sure about Alan Smith   i love the guy  but  he isnt himself since the broken leg

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 02:09:07 PM »
Anelka i dont really like him, Small mag what yuh think about Anelka?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »
die hard...anelka is a class act....but he is a head case.....if fergie get him "up for it"...de man is pure trouble...20+ season
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 06:17:04 PM »
I am not keen on Anelka! Flash of class but always seem to underperform expectations, everyone cah be wrong!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
die hard...anelka is a class act....but he is a head case.....if fergie get him "up for it"...de man is pure trouble...20+ season

Correct.

Anelka is kinda like Yorke. The most talented player at a smaller club who socres 10- 15 league goals a season but can flourish in a big team with talented players.

My only issue with Anelka is that he might be too similar to Rooney, both like to play deep but if he is coming for cheap it is a good deal.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
All this talk about these 2nd tier fwds...ManU should sell Richardson, Heinze and Fletcher and buy Huntelaar...... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 07:42:50 PM »
fletcher is going nowhere breds

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 07:45:30 PM »
You got that right, BM... as for Richardson; we can hope can't we?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 08:46:11 PM »
anleka score a decent goal today against ukraine.......cap a fella then hit a volley home

http://www.footytube.com/category/videos/page/2/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:49:56 PM by Patterson »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 12:46:45 AM »
Ah ha to agree with yuh dey BM. De man could be a real headcase. I eh too sure he could handle Sir Alex, nah. But ManU is my side so if dey get him ah go support and hope fuh de best.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »
Oh yeah, and as far as I concerned we could well give up Rihcardson and Smith fuh Anelka.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 05:03:58 AM »

Correct.

Anelka is kinda like Yorke. The most talented player at a smaller club who socres 10- 15 league goals a season but can flourish in a big team with talented players.

My only issue with Anelka is that he might be too similar to Rooney, both like to play deep but if he is coming for cheap it is a good deal.

wherever he has gone, Anelka has always been a negative influence in the dressing room whereas Yorke has been the opposite. When Yorke smiles it's ear to ear and everyone smiles with him. When Anelka sulks it's like the whole world has turned to shit
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 05:40:18 AM »

Correct.

wherever he has gone, Anelka has always been a negative influence in the dressing room whereas Yorke has been the opposite. When Yorke smiles it's ear to ear and everyone smiles with him. When Anelka sulks it's like the whole world has turned to shit

Can't come close to Cantona.

Was not comparing the temperaments of the two players because in my mind it is a non-issue.

Big players love playing at Old Trafford and they tow the line, if they don't they get shipped out before the rot sets in.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 10:17:43 AM »

ahrite how about Smith instead of Fletcher....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 11:50:24 AM »
smith n richardson for anelka dats ah gud deal right dey...hurry n geh rid ah dem two pullstones man u!
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Manu is going after Saviola from barca first, eto'o might cost to much. He's a free agent at the end of the season so he wont cost anything then maybe they might go for Anelka
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »
Manu is going after Saviola from barca first, eto'o might cost to much. He's a free agent at the end of the season so he wont cost anything then maybe they might go for Anelka
I think Saviola might get picked up by Arsenal .

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
Anelka seeking Trotters talks

Despite maintaining he wants to remain at The Reebok Stadium, Nicolas Anelka will hold talks with Bolton Wanderers after conceding that Manchester United would be hard to turn down.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City striker is reportedly a potential target for Sir Alex Ferguson as the Scot looks to continue the summer recruitment drive that has already seen United spend in the region of £50million.

Anelka could be a like-for-like replacement for his injury-prone compatriot Louis Saha, but Trotters boss Sammy Lee has moved to underline that the club are not looking to sell the player who cost them £8million from Fenerbahce last summer.

Whilst insisting he is not seeking a move from Bolton after scoring 11 goals upon his return to the Premiership, Anelka admits his future is currently 'up in the air' with United hovering.

"First of all, I have to find out if Bolton want to sell me or not," said Anelka at the France team's headquarters in Clairefontaine.

"I don't want to leave. I have to sit down and talk with Bolton to find out what they have planned for me.

"For the moment, it's all up in the air. But I'm sure we will be talking more soon."

When questioned directly about whether a move to Old Trafford would appeal, Anelka replied: "You (the media) know where I want to go, so.... You can't say no to Manchester.

"It's always the same four big clubs who are dominating English football. With Bolton, either we stun them all or we finish fifth or sixth.

"So yes, I want to play with one of these big four clubs, but I also want to try and help Bolton become one of the big Premiership clubs."

The talented striker - who scored in France's Euro 2008 qualifying win against Ukraine on Saturday - has also played for Liverpool, Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid in a career that has seen him frequently change employers.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470002&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Anelka+seeking+Trotters+talks&channel=football_home&

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »
'Hungarian Ronaldo' has trials

Several top European sides are in the hunt for Hungarian starlet Roland Varga, according to his agent.

The 17-year-old MTK Budapest striker, who has been likened to Cristiano Ronaldo, has been linked with moves to several sides and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson (pictured) is rumoured to be considering an approach.

But while his agent, Nandor Bognar, admits the player would be interested in such a move, he has denied the English champions have made contact.

"We'd be happy if Manchester United wanted to sign him, but they haven't shown interest in Roland so far," he told obudaisport.hu.

However, Bognar said he has had trials with a string of top clubs, and wants to prove himself outside of youth teams.

"He's just come home from Tottenham Hotspur and before this he had a trial with Scottish side Hearts, English team Reading and Spanish side Espanyol.

"He had to prove his abilities among older players because - I hope I don't seem to be too stuck-up - he 'outgrew' the football of his age group."

He added: "So far, we haven't received any detailed offers."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470032&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title='Hungarian+Ronaldo'+has+trials

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 02:52:31 PM »

ahrite how about Smith instead of Fletcher....
Smith hopeful for new deal
Alan Smith has announced he is in negotiations to sign a new deal with Manchester United.

Smith moved to Old Trafford from Leeds on a five-year deal in 2004 but, after breaking his leg in February 2006, he has struggled to regain his fitness this season.

However, he started for England in the friendly with Brazil on Friday night and now has his sights set on winning a new contract and a place in Sir Alex Ferguson's plans.

"I have a contract renegotiation coming up and, now I'm fit, I'm ready to fight for my future," he told the Daily Star Sunday.

"I definitely want to stay at Old Trafford.

"My agent has spoken to the club and hopefully that should be done in the next few weeks."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=469976&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Smith+hopeful+for+new+deal

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 09:31:09 AM »

How come Big Mag? I think that the arrival of anderson, hargreaves and nani, meant that fletcher and richardson are the ones who will be sold or go on loan.

Is Ferguson keen on keeping his Scottish "brother" at the club?

The manchester utd midfield is begining to look as crowded as Chelsea's

GO CHELSEA

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:41 AM »
Well, so much for that: (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/6716579.stm)

Bolton rule out Anelka transfer

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside insists Nicolas Anelka will not be sold.

Manchester United have been linked with a move for Anelka, 28, who has admitted a transfer to one of the Premiership's "big four" clubs would be tempting.

However, Gartside said: "Manager Sammy Lee is looking to build a squad and we have absolutely no interest in selling any of our better players."

He also revealed Wanderers had been assured by United they are not chasing the France international striker.

"United chief executive David Gill has confirmed to me they have no interest in Nicolas Anelka," Gartside said.

Anelka, who scored a superb goal in France's 2-0 Euro 2008 qualifying win over Ukraine on Saturday, joined Bolton from Turkish club Fenerbahce in an £8m deal in August 2006.

In March he insisted he was happy to stay at the Reebok Stadium, although that was before manager Sam Allardyce resigned and Lee was promoted in his place.

And he recently revealed his desire to play for United, Chelsea or former clubs Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Yes, I want to play for one of the big four but also want to help Bolton become a big Premiership club," he said.

"I have to sit down to talk with Bolton to find out what they have planned."

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »

Correct.

Soilder... yuh sure you don't want to correct yuh self?
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 11:36:21 AM »
andre.....if you look at fletcher in the late part of the season...more so europe....real good stuff....also for scotland....its taking some time with him....richardson on the other hand....cant work him out....and smith....love the man passion.....but he just not the same after that terrible injury.....Man Utd may give him one more year.....and haul yuh tail with da crowed midfield/dressing room talk.....lol...cheers mate

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 01:13:50 PM »
In his younger days he was a head case but he has matured tremendously but his past still shadows him.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2007, 06:38:41 AM »
andre.....if you look at fletcher in the late part of the season...more so europe....real good stuff....also for scotland....its taking some time with him....richardson on the other hand....cant work him out....and smith....love the man passion.....but he just not the same after that terrible injury.....Man Utd may give him one more year.....and haul yuh tail with da crowed midfield/dressing room talk.....lol...cheers mate

scholes
fletcher
nani
hargreaves
ronaldo
anderson
richardson
giggs
carrick
o'shea
park
rossi

Looks crowded to me. That is 12 men who want to play in four spots.  And i ent even count men like eagles and smith (who played midfield for manutd this season)

I know that men will come on and say that a squad needs alot of players and that manutd have alot of games to play each season, but 12-14 men for 4 spots?

ah love it!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 06:54:16 AM »
well andre...post yuh second placed chel$ki midfield nah...

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 07:06:07 AM »
well andre...post yuh second placed chel$ki midfield nah...

Lampard
Makelele
Essien
Robben
Wright-Phillips
Ballack
Geremi
Mikel
Diarra
Cole

Only ten competing for 5 spots because most times Mourinho plays with 5 midfielders.....lol.

Also, Cole was injured and Geremi played at right back!!

ah love it!!

take dat......lol

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 07:23:15 AM »
so you must have more than me....
after chelsea start  chasing man utd targets the last 2 years.....and dont let me list them for you....man utd quiet doing the biz now.....
you know who is chelsea chief scout ??...alex ferguson and carlos quieroz...take dat...lol...
eh we have to hook up soon mate....and doh wear da shit blue shirt,,,,,

1]; } ?>