March 18, 2024, 11:06:53 PM

Author Topic: Star Trek Discovery  (Read 2848 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Star Trek Discovery
« on: September 26, 2017, 03:16:29 PM »
Great Premier.

Loved the special effects. On my big screen, felt like I was actually watching a movie.

BWDH they do with the Klingons.

The change the whole race just so.

I was hoping it was just a different ethnic group. Oh well. as a Trekkie, I does take what I could get.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Discovery
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »
These Klingons mixed with some kind of Lagahoo. I believe a Trini right that script.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:56:33 PM by Deeks »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:04:11 AM »
2 wicked episodes so far - especially luv the fact that it eh Kirk-like.. just peace and bulling dong the lace. Real action and special effects etc on point.

"Page and Hetrick, with former executive producer  Bryan Fuller, imagined biological reasons for the Klingons’ appearance, with bony, protruding foreheads — especially among males — explained as the result of head-butting; and bald heads, arrayed with ridges and a long line of python-like sensory pits running from forehead down the back of the head, thought of as one large sensory organ."

+

"the look of the Klingon race hasn't been completely consistent across all of the Trek shows. Fans of the modern series who've also seen the original Star Trek, which aired, of course, in the late 1960s, will know that Klingons in that show had basically human features. The official explanation for the race looking so different during The Next Generation and later was that a virus created by Klingon scientists as they attempted to bio-engineer enhanced warriors got loose, threatened to kill the entire race, and, in the process, dissolved the cranial ridges of the infected, making them look more human."

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »
2 wicked episodes so far - especially luv the fact that it eh Kirk-like.. just peace and bulling dong the lace. Real action and special effects etc on point.

"Page and Hetrick, with former executive producer  Bryan Fuller, imagined biological reasons for the Klingons’ appearance, with bony, protruding foreheads — especially among males — explained as the result of head-butting; and bald heads, arrayed with ridges and a long line of python-like sensory pits running from forehead down the back of the head, thought of as one large sensory organ."

+

"the look of the Klingon race hasn't been completely consistent across all of the Trek shows. Fans of the modern series who've also seen the original Star Trek, which aired, of course, in the late 1960s, will know that Klingons in that show had basically human features. The official explanation for the race looking so different during The Next Generation and later was that a virus created by Klingon scientists as they attempted to bio-engineer enhanced warriors got loose, threatened to kill the entire race, and, in the process, dissolved the cranial ridges of the infected, making them look more human."

I coulda sworn it was the other way around.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 04:23:22 PM »
Great way to end the show. With a show of this nature the door is wide open not just for young versions of the OS characters to make an appearance but also for the original stars themselves.

Would love to see Shatner make one more appearance before he dies.

VB

1]; } ?>