March 28, 2024, 11:40:47 AM

Author Topic: Milan Gunnin' for Henry  (Read 2198 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Milan Gunnin' for Henry
« on: June 04, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6720455.stm

AC Milan admit interest in Henry 

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that the Italian club want to sign Arsenal striker Thierry Henry. Henry, 29, has long been linked with a move to Barcelona, but Champions League winners Milan now say they want the Frenchman to come to the San Siro.

"Henry is a great striker and among the players that we are interested in," said Ancelotti.

"Our wish is to acquire a midfielder and a striker but they're all difficult signings to make."

Ricardo Oliveira, who joined from Real Betis last summer, has failed to make an impact at Milan while Alberto Gilardino is out of favour with Ancelotti and has already expressed his intention to leave the club.

"There is no reason why Gilardino's wish to leave the club cannot come true as we can find an adequate player in exchange," said Ancelotti.

"Last summer there weren't many players who wanted to come to Milan but there are more now.

"There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. We're delighted he wants to play for Milan."

Last week, Henry played down reports he was set to quit the Gunners after being linked with Barca and Inter Milan.

Henry said: "Since I started playing football there has been speculation about me going to a lot of clubs and that will never, ever stop.

"But as I said, for now I'm an Arsenal player, so there is nothing to add to it."

Henry signed a new four-year contract last summer but has since been plagued by injuries and has grown frustrated at Arsenal's inability to mount a title challenge.

"It was pretty difficult to see once again that we finished so far away from the top teams," added Henry, whose side finished fourth in the Premiership in the 2006-2007 campaign.

"It's always the same top four and I'm actually getting annoyed that we're finishing at the end of the top four now."

...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Milan Gunnin' for Henry
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
Moving from one sh*t side to another LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Jus kidding, that should be a good move for Henry......
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »
Ronaldo and Henry!

On paper that is det.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
Hey, hands off we boy!  >:( They eye too long!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 05:18:50 PM »
Moving from one sh*t side to another LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jus kidding, that should be a good move for Henry......
for real  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 09:53:46 PM »
Moving from one sh*t side to another LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Jus kidding, that should be a good move for Henry......

better move will be to Barcelona. plus i dont see Henry playing for AC atall. Him and eto'o much more deadly combination
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:21 PM »

better move will be to Barcelona. plus i dont see Henry playing for AC atall. Him and eto'o much more deadly combination
;)

Eto coming to 'Pool.  He done say he is ah admirer of 'Pool. ;)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:51 PM »

;)

allyuh will have to sell more than dem two players to afford eto'o.

Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 08:51:11 AM »
If Henry doh want to go to Barca, he won't go to Milan

I think he just find a comfort zone and things irie for him in North London.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 09:48:24 AM »
Henry and Ronaldinho movin to Milan
Watch out
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 02:25:04 PM »
Talk about over-priced!!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=436650&cc=5901

Milan slap 24million euro price on Gilardino

MILAN, June 5 (Reuters) - AC Milan are prepared to sell unsettled striker Alberto Gilardino for 24million euros ($32million) if he still wishes to move, club vice-president Adriano Galliani said on Tuesday.

The Italy forward, who scored 12 goals in Serie A last season, had said he does not feel fully appreciated at the San Siro.

'The team continues to believe and have faith in him,' Galliani was quoted as saying on the club Web site (www.acmilan.com). 'However, his comments in recent days are not particularly pleasing to us and therefore if he continues to be unhappy and wishes to move, we will let him go if a club bids 24 million euros.'

Filippo Inzaghi was preferred to the former Parma forward in Milan's Champions League final win over Liverpool last month and took full advantage by scoring twice.

Galliani added that only Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan and 'a couple of English clubs' could afford Gilardino, who will miss Italy's Euro 2008 qualifier in Lithaunia on Wednesday after deciding to have knee surgery.

Milan struggled for goals in the early part of the season after selling Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea. They brought in Ronaldo in January but have since been linked with the return of Shevchenko or a bid for Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

However, Galliani said they had already tried and failed to capture France's Henry.

'He is a player who we have always liked. After the transfer of Sheva we were close to buying him but the great man wanted to stay at the club that launched him and made him famous,' he said.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 02:28:28 PM »

;)

hope that come true  ;D

ent we after simao also?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=436829&cc=5901

Milan confirm offer for Barca's Eto'o

AC Milan have confirmed their interest in signing Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, but distanced themselves from media reports suggesting a deal was almost done.

The European champions said Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani had been misquoted.

'No assault on Eto'o,' the club said in a statement on Wednesday.

'A great club like Barcelona deserve to know that Adriano Galliani has read with astonishment this morning what some daily papers have written in regards to relative phrases that have been attributed but do not correspond to what was said.

'Eto'o is a Barcelona player. Milan will make an official approach to Barcelona when the Spanish league finishes, but without the certainty that the great striker will eventually arrive at Milan as the Catalonia club rightly have the final decision on whether to sell or not.'

Milan struggled for goals in the early part of the season after selling Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea.

They brought in Brazil striker Ronaldo in January, but have since been linked with bids for Eto'o, Arsenal striker Thierry Henry or the return of Shevchenko.

Galliani said on Tuesday that unsettled striker Alberto Gilardino could leave for 24 million euros ($32 million).

Filippo Inzaghi was preferred to the former Parma forward in Milan's Champions League final win over Liverpool last month and took full advantage by scoring twice in the 2-1 victory.

1]; } ?>