April 27, 2024, 05:47:13 AM

Author Topic: Squad split...14 players arrive in LA for Gold Cup kick-off.  (Read 13044 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Squad split...14 players arrive in LA for Gold Cup kick-off.
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 12:08:54 PM »

UNACCEPTABLE.. This rests squarly on the managemet's chest.. They knew ahead of time where we going, where we gonna be coming from, etc etc etc.. it was thier responsibility to ensure that ALL arrangements are made to ensure our players get where they need to get.. It is the players responsibility to play good football.. I cant see how players can be blamed here.. UNLESS they are involved in Illegal activities..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 12:09:07 PM »
so guys if some players cant go to d states who will replace them, will d blacklisted players be called up?

Maybe dis is how de Jacklisted blacklisted players getting back at dem.....8 players cah make it so dey have to take carlos, tallest, memum......LOL
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
so guys if some players cant go to d states who will replace them, will d blacklisted players be called up?

Maybe dis is how de Jacklisted blacklisted players getting back at dem.....8 players cah make it so dey have to take carlos, tallest, memum......LOL

God doh sleep  :devil: as i said when u do wickedness to people is does come back at yuh  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 12:15:16 PM »
Not US immigration fault. Our team management messed up. The visas the players needed were not obtained. So because it is a national team, they should get some special allowances when they arrive with the wrong paperwork? What is to stop some terrorist group from posing as a national team. Come nah man...get a flicking clue. Allyuh feel ah immigration officers is a KFC manager or what? They doh have no power to be bending no rules. Just ah ordinary pleb who ass on the line if he doh follow a strict set of guidelines. They have no decision making authority..or every Tom Dick and Harry would be galavanting in the US

YEP is de damn management fault  >:(

Nah dis iz definitely Machel fault  :devil:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 12:17:17 PM »
Not US immigration fault. Our team management messed up. The visas the players needed were not obtained. So because it is a national team, they should get some special allowances when they arrive with the wrong paperwork? What is to stop some terrorist group from posing as a national team. Come nah man...get a flicking clue. Allyuh feel ah immigration officers is a KFC manager or what? They doh have no power to be bending no rules. Just ah ordinary pleb who ass on the line if he doh follow a strict set of guidelines. They have no decision making authority..or every Tom Dick and Harry would be galavanting in the US

I fully agree, but don't put it pass the US immigration to make things a "little" harder than normal when it suits them...I know, I have travelled with the proper documents and still had a tough time passing through immigration...

Also Coop's I am little confuse how you can blame the players, when you said normally "the ttff takes care of everything football related" how can they be at fault if the TTFF have they passports and making arrangement? That just means the management messed up big time and made it a little easier for the US immigration to put down the big daddy hammer on we boys.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:44 PM »

Nah dis iz definitely Machel fault  :devil:

Yu like sh*t LOL

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 12:40:26 PM »
CALL BACK D BLACKLISTED PLAYERS ;D  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:43:26 PM by die hard warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2007, 12:45:28 PM »
Ah tell alyuh is ah fete match team. They go be short ah men...so they go need players to run with them. ;D :beermug:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »
Pics from the article:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »
I have my visa yes, I could make de run to Boston and Hoe go come too :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Back to de topic, what de hell going to happen now??  Do we have news bout de other men dat get lef back?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
I have my visa yes, I could make de run to Boston and Hoe go come too :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Back to de topic, what de hell going to happen now??  Do we have news bout de other men dat get lef back?

Ent!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2007, 01:18:35 PM »

Says they expect to be sorted out and arrive tonight. - But I'm gonna wait for confirmation that they actually made it.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »
honestly i lost confidence long time with this gold cup campaign  :(, things just goin from bad to worse with no end in sight  :'(
Youtube Channel

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2007, 02:00:27 PM »
Well now we cou-cou cook. We looking real bad now, is like we have only Taliban growing up in we county....

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - A Guyanese suspect in an alleged plot to bomb a fuel pipeline feeding New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport surrendered to police Tuesday in Trinidad, a police official said.

Abdel Nur turned himself in at a police station outside the Trinidadian capital of Port-of-Spain, police spokeswoman Wendy Campbell told The Associated Press.

He is the fourth man arrested the alleged plot, including a former opposition member of Guyana’s parliament and a former airport air cargo employee who was arrested in New York.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trinidadian Police Commissioner Trevor Paul warned Monday that Nur should be considered armed and dangerous and he appealed to the public for help in finding him.

“I am confident that the pressure brought to bear by the Trinidadian police authorities contributed to his surrender,” said Mark Mershon, the head of the FBI in New York. “We are very grateful for their tremendous cooperation in this investigation.”

Nur is reportedly the uncle of former world welterweight boxing champion Andrew “Six Heads” Lewis, one of Guyana’s most famous citizens.

U.S. authorities claim the alleged plotters unsuccessfully sought support in Trinidad from Jamaat al Muslimeen, a radical Islamic group that staged a deadly coup attempt in the Caribbean nation in 1990.

In addition to Nur, Trinidadian authorities are holding two suspects: Abdul Kadir, the former Guyanese lawmaker, and Kareem Ibrahim of Trinidad. They are fighting extradition to the United States:'(

The other suspect named, Russell Defreitas, is former JFK air cargo employee who was arrested in New York. He is a U.S. citizen native to Guyana, a former Dutch and British colony on the northern coast of South America.

The leader of Jamaat al Muslimeen told The Associated Press on Monday that his group had no connection the plot. “I know nothing about these men and I have nothing to do with whatever they are being charged for,” said Yasin Abu Bakr, the longtime head of Jamaat al Muslimeen.

Bakr would not say if he knew any of the suspects.

The case was broken open by an informant — a twice-convicted drug dealer who found himself in the midst of what investigators called a terrorist plot conceived as more devastating than the Sept. 11 attacks.

“Would you like to die as a martyr?” the informant was asked, according to the indictment.

He unhesitatingly replied yes and soon was making surveillance trips around the airport — the “chicken farm,” as the planners dubbed their target.

Authorities said the JFK scheme was an example of homegrown terrorism. Defreitas, 63, immigrated to the U.S. more than 30 years ago, but he told the federal informant that his feelings of disgust toward his adopted homeland had lingered for years.

“Before terrorism started in this country,” he said in one secretly recorded conversation.

MORE FROM MSNBC.COM
World Blog: Farewell to Mohammed*
WP poll: Growing discontent over Iraq, Congress
Princess Diana’s sons: Don't air crash photos
After 19 years, man wakes to changed Poland
First Read: Clinton, Obama tied in new poll

Defreitas was arrested Friday night outside Brooklyn’s Lindenwood Diner — a spot once bugged by federal officials tracking former Gambino family boss John A. “Junior” Gotti.

Jamaat al Muslimeen, known for launching a bloody 1990 coup attempt in Trinidad that involved taking the prime minister and his Cabinet hostage, is not accused of offering the suspects any support. The group, whose followers are largely black converts to Sunni Islam, has faded as a political force in Trinidad while Abu Bakr fends off criminal charges of inciting violence.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »

Nah dis iz definitely Machel fault  :devil:

boi yuh za madmon or wah!  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2007, 02:01:56 PM »
dais all part of the plan....check it....Jamp set it up where dem fellahs go get jam with Immigration...then TTFF go issue for a waiver to get replacement players to CONCACAF....den WALLAH! With Jamp as the head smartman in de football....TTFF go get ah big bligh and bring een ah few of the hatelisted players....easy like Sunday morning. ENT!  ;D

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2007, 02:20:49 PM »
Players get left back, man cyah get v-zay, de way tings going, before de fus game kick orf...dem fellas go be in de stands trying to borrow juzzy, short pants and boots from de WN members.... :-[
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
one question I have fuh alyuh... yuh think any other travelin team is this tournement go get that kinda treatment???

ehhh???

stewps... this is shit... no excuses... full stop.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »
This is all management fault. When you going to rep the country you are (should be) required to bring in your passport and then they take it to the embassy to secure all visas as is required to enter the country/ies they going to. The management supposed to present a detailed itinerary to the embassy so that they may give the visa which is required.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »
one question I have fuh alyuh... yuh think any other travelin team is this tournement go get that kinda treatment???

ehhh???

stewps... this is shit... no excuses... full stop.
The real joke is:

not even Haiti or Cuba suffering so!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2007, 04:22:33 PM »
Like Coops time is bring back d ole time days. When I was a practicing Social Worker we used to sent children to the US 4 surgery dem people from rural south neva even come to town. yes it was b4 we had to pay 4 visa but how dem used to get 5 yrs, 10 yrs visa and we national team gettin 1 entry?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
It seemed that US immigration got a tip off that Nur is posing a warrior, so they give the team the shaft. Putting joke aside, the players should make sure that they have a valid passport. All visa requirements has to be arranged by the TTFF. Even if a player has  to join the team at a later date and at another venue TTFF has to inform that player how to get that visa. This is not the first time a TT team is travelling from CA to the US to play.  But this incident should make them more determined in their efforts. Good luck warriors. Boo TTFF. Boo US immigration

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2007, 06:42:30 PM »
If this was 5-days ago...none of them would have had a problem going through Immigration.....

Is these bunch ah fake f**kin wannabe 'terrorists" screw it up for everybody....!!

I woulda left dem fellahs in ah Trini jail for few days so the inmates would put it on dem for fackin up it fuh we !!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
We should have some US based players we could call on but this is very short notice...This is not an easy issue to deal with at all...We must survive....Go T&T !!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 03:43:37 AM »
CALL BACK D JACKLISTED PLAYERS ;D  :devil:
I changed that for you ;D

OH, and Ponnoxx, could you give me your opinion of who should be paying for the Gold Cup Players expenses when they are in the USA?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:55 AM »
Soooooo de rest ah fellas reach??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 09:18:13 AM »

I fully agree, but don't put it pass the US immigration to make things a "little" harder than normal when it suits them...I know, I have travelled with the proper documents and still had a tough time passing through immigration...

Also Coop's I am little confuse how you can blame the players, when you said normally "the ttff takes care of everything football related" how can they be at fault if the TTFF have they passports and making arrangement? That just means the management messed up big time and made it a little easier for the US immigration to put down the big daddy hammer on we boys.

Big Up!
       In a nutshell all i want to say is this,if that situation did not happen at JFK Airport in New York and involved Trini's we would never be going through all this commotion today,we never had any problems with this before,wait and see the average Trini traveling to the US will have the same problems from now on.I remember when Drugs was a big thing in T&T they used to have a separate line for Trini's entering the US.

1]; } ?>