March 29, 2024, 02:56:15 AM

Author Topic: Foreigners want to join U-17 Warriors.  (Read 12453 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Foreigners want to join U-17 Warriors.
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
Foreigners want to join Young Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

Foreign-based players are trying to join the national Under-17 football team and head coach Anton Corneal also hopes to play two games in Holland before the Young Warriors contest the FIFA Under-17 World Championship in South Korea from August 18 - September 9.
Similar to what happened when the Soca Warriors qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup, T&T U-17 coach Corneal has been receiving calls from overseas players eager to join his team since they  qualified for the World Championship.
A month ago, Trinidad and Tobago beat Jamaica 1 - 0 in their final game at the CONCACAF qualifiers in Kingston to emerge one of five CONCACAF qualifiers for the tournament. The Young Warriors open their campaign on August 20 against Ghana, then face Colombia on August 23 and end the preliminary round on August 26 versus Germany.
"They have started to call," Corneal admitted. "A guy called from Canada, but we saw the player. We're going to invite this boy Cameron back from the USA... he's one of them. We also hope to speak to this guy at Arsenal, Garvin Hoyte, and at least give him an opportunity to say yes or no. His parents are Trinidadians, his brother plays for Arsenal, Justin Hoyte.
"Of course, he is hoping to play for England, but he did not make their Under-17 team and it does not affect him in the sense that if he plays for us it does not affect him making a senior (England) team.
But, whoever comes into the team will have to come in with the right attitude first before we can include players, because it's going to come down to who really wants it."
Corneal said he will also be looking to give local players another chance to make his squad so that the best possible team can represent Trinidad and Tobago. At present, the team is going through strength training exercises and technical work until CXC exams are finished.
They will then have several local camps before beginning training matches in preparation for the tournament.
"We will also play some local games. We want to play a professional league Under-17, the best under-17 team, because we want to look at players. We are also going to ask Tobago to produce their best
under-20 team, but include their five best under-17 players, so that we can see them. We're also hoping to get a tournament here," Corneal added.
"We're hoping to get an under-20 team, Caracas United, I think they are the ones who beat the team from Argentina, to get their under-20s here for two games. And on the way to Korea, hopefully, we will be trying to go through Holland. And, if that is arranged, we will play two games in Holland and then split the trip (to South Korea) in two, it's such a long trip."
Since coaching the first national team to qualify for an Under-17 FIFA World Championship, Corneal said he has gotten a lot of congratulations from members of the football fraternity and the public, but prefers to see his achievement as a triumph for Trinidad and Tobago.
"It's not about me, it's really not about me. It's an accomplishment any coach will want. You think you work hard over the years and sometimes people don't understand what you are doing. I thought it was a challenge when I returned home (from the USA)... this is actually the end of my contract. My contract came to an end at the end of May... this is like a reward for work.
"At times, you work hard hoping that you get a result. You put things in place, you stick behind it and a result came at the end when we qualified. But, it is a result for the country," he stated.
T&T U-17s get international warm ups.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 team will have its first set of international warm up matches since qualifying for the FIFA Under 17 World Championship last month when they face Peru’s National Under 17 team in Port of Spain on June 14 and 16.
The team, which is grouped with Colombia, Ghana and Germany for August’s FIFA Championship in Korea, had its final preparation programme outlined earlier this week as head coach Anton Corneal met with the TTFF to draw up the plans.
TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner has been instrumental in arranging the games which is also expected to include a four-nation invitational tournament in Trinidad from July 7-12 including the national under 17 teams of Brazil, United States and Haiti. Prior to that the team is also carded to depart for Caracas to face Venezuela on June 22.
Corneal, who has had the players undergoing strength training since the resumption of sessions at the Ato Boldon Stadium added that the preparation programme was planned to match with the style of the teams T&T would be facing in Korea.
“Special emphasis was placed on the programme for the team between now and the start of the tournament. Our first aim is to get out of the first round. We will work towards that and it will not be a situation where we will feel our chances are less than others because of the fact that our group consists of teams that are rater higher than us,” Corneal told TTFF Media.
“Right now the boys are undergoing their preparations with a clear frame of mind and every player is also well aware too that none of them have places guaranteed on the final squad. We have said that the options will be there to look at a few more players who could add depth to the team and rightly so because we want to ensure that the best team goes out on the pitch in Korea.”
Corneal added that there has been interest from players residing outside of T&T and further efforts will be made to get the services of young Arsenal player Garvin Hoyte, whose older brother Justin is a member of the Arsenal Premiership team.
Games are also being planned against the best Under 17s of the T&T Pro League which Corneal will also use to have a further look at players based locally.
One of the pluses since the qualifying round has been the recovery of speedy striker Daniel Joseph who missed out on the final round at the last minute because of a hamstring injury. The current team will go into a live in training camp this weekend in Tobago.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:44:57 AM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreigners want to join U-17 Warriors.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Our U-17 defence needs some strength. Garvin Hoyte if 100% committed will make a great addition...

Good work Anton.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:58:03 AM »
Our U-17 defence needs some strength. Garvin Hoyte if 100% committed will make a great addition...

Good work Anton.

So u assume that because Justin is a defender Gaviin is a defender too?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:42:10 AM »

Good work Anton.

So u assume that because Justin is a defender Gaviin is a defender too?

fun ny....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 09:51:43 AM »
Defender Garvin Hoyte
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:27:39 AM »
They should be warned,that they'll be f**ked eventually by jack the anal ripper,I hope they included that in the clause.............

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »
They should be warned,that they'll be f**ked eventually by jack the anal ripper,I hope they included that in the clause.............

Dont worry, FPATT will be offering JACKULAR insurance by the time dem of age...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
I don't know but i find enough praise/appreciation was not given to Anton from members on this forum,people had so much to say about this guy,his credentials,who he ever coach,what record he has,why TTFF don't bring a foreign Coach,this just goes to show how we does waste money why bring a foreign Coach when the local Coaches can do the same thing,local Technical Director doing a good job,local players playing well.Look how long WC done people still talking about Benie,it's one of us who qualify we have nothing to say just like Bertil,my guess is that Anton will stay a shyt Coach because of his father.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 11:13:35 AM »
Foreigners want to join Young Warriors.
By: Ian Prescott (Express).

"They have started to call," Corneal admitted. "A guy called from Canada, but we saw the player. We're going to invite this boy Cameron back from the USA... he's one of them. We also hope to speak to this guy at Arsenal, Garvin Hoyte, and at least give him an opportunity to say yes or no. His parents are Trinidadians, his brother plays for Arsenal, Justin Hoyte.
"Of course, he is hoping to play for England, but he did not make their Under-17 team and it does not affect him in the sense that if he plays for us it does not affect him making a senior (England) team.
But, whoever comes into the team will have to come in with the right attitude first before we can include players, because it's going to come down to who really wants it."
Given that he still looking to play for England, ah tink Anton or somebody need to ask this youth why we should give him the place of a Trinbagonian who helped the team qualify. I'm all for having the best players but just bringing somebody in who apparently has no real commitment to T&T, ... I eh sure I could agree with dat.

I don't know but i find enough praise/appreciation was not given to Anton from members on this forum,people had so much to say about this guy,his credentials,who he ever coach,what record he has,why TTFF don't bring a foreign Coach,this just goes to show how we does waste money why bring a foreign Coach when the local Coaches can do the same thing,local Technical Director doing a good job,local players playing well.Look how long WC done people still talking about Benie,it's one of us who qualify we have nothing to say just like Bertil,my guess is that Anton will stay a shyt Coach because of his father.

Well said Coop's!!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 12:18:19 PM »
Unless Corneal has done a complete turn around in his philosophy and demonstrates that he has learned a lot from Beenhaker and Reisbergen I don't expect a lot from this team especially after having seen the abysmal performance of the last youth team under his charge.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 12:25:21 PM »
any additions to de u17 team is wonderful.we need full strenght and also think long term.and even b4 readin de thread i think anton is doin his best where the team and boys are concerned.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 12:28:14 PM »
Unless Corneal has done a complete turn around in his philosophy and demonstrates that he has learned a lot from Beenhaker and Reisbergen I don't expect a lot from this team especially after having seen the abysmal performance of the last youth team under his charge.

Didn't he lead the team to the U-17 WC? That in itself is a great accomplishment, remember we have to creep before we can walk.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »

Did the last youth team under his charge qualify for a WC.This one has. Does that not show that he has learned? On the last occassion Anton said that he was not able to properly prepare the team hence the result. Plenty man say he only making excuse. Now he has had an opportunity for a better prep and he has qualified.So, some people moving the goal post again instead of saying well done.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 09:52:33 PM »
Once again, MEP is a hater.  A bitter lil saints man...lol :D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 10:00:33 PM »
That eh news if nobody didn't crawl out of the woodwork then dat would a be news
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »
HELL NO!!!!!!!!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 08:36:24 AM »
Corneal deserve some praise for the work he do with the U-17, BUT (now ah don't the how much input he had, if any) Wim was right there for the qualifying tournament so you have to wonder did Corneal do it by his local-self or was he assisted by the foreign coach?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 08:37:28 AM »
freggin waggonists

fire bun dem

let de youths go and share they beat
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »
I think at youth level we shouldn't have this. I think we would have greater development taking place if we use full fledged Trinis or at least foreign based who played a part in the qualifying.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 01:53:48 PM »
If the staff feel the youth 100% into it and good enough to take a man spot then bring him on, if a man get drop then hardluck, live and learn.  Matter of fact it should be a level playing field all over again with nobody guaranteed a spot for the WYC.

Never seen him play but if he a regular Arsenal youthteam andwarm bench for the first team he should have some ability.  No way to tell if he go blank we when he get older, so use him now if he could make the team better. He might bring something that all the players could learn.  Pick the best players that are available.

I ain't know Anton fan past or present but i always want every TT team to do well so congrats to the players and the coaching staff good luck the rest of the way.
Give the youth a sweat man, he old man or queen is a trini. Can't remember which one.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 02:21:18 PM »
Defender Garvin Hoyte

lehwe rope him een one time oui...2010 is juss now!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 02:33:27 PM »
Only recently find this site...nice to c ah know a good bit of d men postin here...but on to d point.
I was someone who wouldnt have mind if we found good foreign players b4 Germany and d same goes for the U-17s. In the Daily News here in NY a few months back they highlight a youth who tearin up high school ball scorin goals for fun and in the article it said he originally from Laventille Trinidad. I just shake my head and say "another one we loss" bcuz i'm sure nobody home would ever hear about him. His name is Ivor Cumberbatch and he is d #1 numero uno rank high school player here and it is a good level so I know he good.

http://www.psal.org/psalsports/soccer/psal_socstats.asp?sportid=012

So whoever on this site know ppl should recommend him to the team to have a look at bcuz to have a highly rated youth with a trini background end up playin for US or something is a waste and he wont b a secret for too long. blessed
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »
Only recently find this site...nice to c ah know a good bit of d men postin here...but on to d point.
I was someone who wouldnt have mind if we found good foreign players b4 Germany and d same goes for the U-17s. In the Daily News here in NY a few months back they highlight a youth who tearin up high school ball scorin goals for fun and in the article it said he originally from Laventille Trinidad. I just shake my head and say "another one we loss" bcuz i'm sure nobody home would ever hear about him. His name is Ivor Cumberbatch and he is d #1 numero uno rank high school player here and it is a good level so I know he good.

http://www.psal.org/psalsports/soccer/psal_socstats.asp?sportid=012

So whoever on this site know ppl should recommend him to the team to have a look at bcuz to have a highly rated youth with a trini background end up playin for US or something is a waste and he wont b a secret for too long. blessed

Flex....! are you kidding me this youthman score fourty three goals in 12 games and 13 assist better than 3 goals a game  we have to get anton to take a look at this youth i going and research him online  good scouting 2 cents  fyah

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 06:07:50 PM »
Flex....! are you kidding me this youthman score fourty three goals in 12 games and 13 assist better than 3 goals a game we have to get anton to take a look at this youth i going and research him online good scouting 2 cents fyah

Give me solid evidence and I will pass on the info. And more info on this player too.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »
43 goals in twelve games ,them le bron james numbers they .thanks for heads up 2 cents .Christo Persad he sound trini to , no. 8 on the list .2 cents can u find out more about these kids ..
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:10:21 PM by Quagmire »

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 07:10:56 PM »
freggin waggonists

fire bun dem

let de youths go and share they beat

why it took so long for someeone to openly point out that this is waggonist attitude again?
 i do hope fellas join and stick to it......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 11:24:30 AM »
well garvin hoyte played at the reserve level for arsneal and was on the bench for a fa cup a game. he should be a good addition if he is willing.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 12:58:43 PM »
fire bon garvin hoyte where de hell he was during the qualifiers ehhhhhhh .all a sudden we qualify boom u want to join de band wagon now , he trini now , boy hull u muthda lem me stop .long story short why ent keep he ass in england n sip on tea or something.let de real warriors shinee. he is a bootleg trinidian run way  :( :( :( :( :(  SOca warriors not boot leg warriors

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
fire bon garvin hoyte where de hell he was during the qualifiers ehhhhhhh .all a sudden we qualify boom u want to join de band wagon now , he trini now , boy hull u muthda lem me stop .long story short why ent keep he ass in england n sip on tea or something.let de real warriors shinee. he is a bootleg trinidian run way  :( :( :( :( :(  SOca warriors not boot leg warriors
Makelele, Thuram weren't born in France, neither were Deco, Nani and Petit born in Portugal ...time for people like you to stop being so tribalistic...if we have quality players of trinibago parentage willing to come and play we should encourage it because it raises the overall quality of our selection pool.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 01:34:29 PM »
Corneal deserve some praise for the work he do with the U-17, BUT (now ah don't the how much input he had, if any) Wim was right there for the qualifying tournament so you have to wonder did Corneal do it by his local-self or was he assisted by the foreign coach?

What do you mean by this statement. Isn't Corneal the head coach of the team? Why do you have to wonder if he did it by himself...the other coaches were there to observe and assist him. It is a common practice for the senior team coach to observe what the youth team coach is doing with the players...especially when the youth team coach is an assistant to the senior team coach.
Either you are going to give him the credit he deserves or you're not!!!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>