April 24, 2024, 04:34:49 PM

Author Topic: Foreigners want to join U-17 Warriors.  (Read 12499 times)

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Foreigners want to join U-17 Warriors.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 02:16:39 PM »
MEP it is not a matter of being tribalistic it is about being logical .
1) the only reason he whats in is because we qualified ,why didn't he  call before ??
2) U tellin me we should give this fool a chance ,why n send home somone who actual is passionate about Trinidad's football
that's what u trying to say ok, so if we do select him and he  plays in the under 17 WC n at the end
of the WC ,england's football federation says "we made a mistake why dont come join us" .do you thing he stay with Tnt seriously do you, nooo!!!!!!, he will not .Now please tell how is that developing Trinidad's football .think logical dont come with that B.S its not bout just comin and playing you have to be passionate about it

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »
and what exactly is wrong with that ????? as it currently stands our level and quality of play isn't established we might be on the map within concacaf but where is the historical precedence of winning and being dominant worldwide things that will draw and keep players? In order to build we simply can't rely solely on the young players we have at home. The task at hand is for the coaches to invite and create reasons for these players to stay.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 10:59:19 PM »
MEP, for the record - it is correct to say that Thuram was born in France because of Guadeloupe's status as a département d'outre-mer or overseas department of France ...  it is considered to be France. This would have applied at the time of Thuram's birth.

Tribalism? One of Deco's most fervent critics at the time of his introduction into the Portuguese squad was none other than Luis Figo and he wasn't alone!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 03:49:22 AM »
Corneal deserve some praise for the work he do with the U-17, BUT (now ah don't the how much input he had, if any) Wim was right there for the qualifying tournament so you have to wonder did Corneal do it by his local-self or was he assisted by the foreign coach?

What do you mean by this statement. Isn't Corneal the head coach of the team? Why do you have to wonder if he did it by himself...the other coaches were there to observe and assist him. It is a common practice for the senior team coach to observe what the youth team coach is doing with the players...especially when the youth team coach is an assistant to the senior team coach.
Either you are going to give him the credit he deserves or you're not!!!

oh god doh buff me up so nah.....dat is why ah use parentheses and ah question mark, because I don't know, but thanks for clarifying that for me....once again the resourcefulness of the forumites has struck, we have someone who knows for a FACT that Wim had no input and dat Corneal did it all himself, thanks breds.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 10:54:16 PM »
Corneal deserve some praise for the work he do with the U-17, BUT (now ah don't the how much input he had, if any) Wim was right there for the qualifying tournament so you have to wonder did Corneal do it by his local-self or was he assisted by the foreign coach?

What do you mean by this statement. Isn't Corneal the head coach of the team? Why do you have to wonder if he did it by himself...the other coaches were there to observe and assist him. It is a common practice for the senior team coach to observe what the youth team coach is doing with the players...especially when the youth team coach is an assistant to the senior team coach.
Either you are going to give him the credit he deserves or you're not!!!

oh god doh buff me up so nah.....dat is why ah use parentheses and ah question mark, because I don't know, but thanks for clarifying that for me....once again the resourcefulness of the forumites has struck, we have someone who knows for a FACT that Wim had no input and dat Corneal did it all himself, thanks breds.

Sorry Mr. Fyzoman...my response was not intended to buff you nor to be a statement of fact. However, my analysis of your wording "do it by his local-self or assisted by the foreign coach" did not argur well with me. If Wim was there to assist Anton, then it is obvious that Anton did not do things by himself...assisting is what assistants do...my concern with your wording is that by adding "local" and "foreign" it seems to imply that Anton does not deserve full credit because he is not competent enough and the assistance of a foriegn coach is necessary for him or any local coach to be successful.
While there are those who may feel very strongly about Anton's inability to coach at that level , the fact remains that under his guidance as Head Coach, the U-17 team qualified for the WC. I've never seen an assistant coach given credit for the success of a team. The head coach may recognize the contributions of the assistant, but the head coach always gets the full credit...as well as the full blame if the team fails.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

1]; } ?>