April 26, 2024, 12:06:51 AM

Author Topic: See what i mean about Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
See what i mean about Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:13:22 PM »
A couple of weeks ago i said the only two umpires i have confidence in are Taufel and Dar. Dar has proved today why i said this. He is not fraid to give the traditional white mans countries (England) + big money countries (India) out when they play West Indies. The Strauss and Collingwood lbw shouts would not have been given out had Dar not been umpiring for them. Only Taufel may have given them out other than Dar. If Dar was not umpiring England would probably been 350/4 at the end of the day instead of 280/7. This is the difference that umpires favouritism makes.

This is why i cannot wait for the tv appeals system to come in, but i have a feeling the ICC will scrap it when they realise they will not be able to control the results of certain matches when certain teams are playing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:17:47 PM by Remie »

TrinInfinite

Re: See what i mean about Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 02:50:27 PM »
you make a good statement breddah, but he does call some bullshit also... taufel is the only man i truss with calls right now... and we hardly get him for big matches like this one, one questions breds, do you think a spinner would have made the difference in this match, i believe so, i thinkw e would have been batting today if mohammed was there...

God is de BOSS....

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
Dar is dogdy but I prefer anyone bar Asad Rauf-he is rubbish.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »
what was most amazing was how on the World Cup stage in front of everybody, all them umpires get all their decisions right, no glaring mistakes, etc...

but when is time for test series, errors rife and home country and white man does get de cleeeeeeeeeeear benefit of the umpiring...

1]; } ?>