April 28, 2024, 05:25:21 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs El Salvador remark thread.  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T vs El Salvador remark thread.
« on: June 08, 2007, 06:50:47 AM »
Jan Michael Williams - 6 - played ok. Look a bit nervous and confuse at times.

Nickcolson Thomas - 5 - poor decisions, poor passing. Should have been subbed, drop Spann back in his place and bring on Baptiste.

Anthony Noreiga - 6 - hold the center back decent. Needs to learn to make better passes out of defence.

Seon Power - 6 - make some decent runs up front, his recovery time was poor and the timing of his tackles was poor. Cost us the second goal. Played out of position, left back, yea right.

Keyeno Thomas - 7 - was the best of our defenders. Looked good going forward too. Took him for Cornell Glen once, they resemble.

Romauld Aguillera - 6 - broke up some plays in the second half, solid player, but needs to be more creative with his passing. Had a poor first half.

Andrei Pacheco - 7 - played a good game, showed some dribbling skills. Not a bad game at all.

Darryl Roberts - 5 - needs to give back Stern John his number 14 shirt, he starting to play like him. Lazy !

Errol McFarlane - to little time for me to rate. But at that time in the game why bring on a player like Mc Farlane who is not mobile. Jadgeosingh would have been a better sub at that point in time or even Christian Baptisite or Keon Daniel.

Silvio Spann - 8 - the best player on the field for both teams. Why was he sub, God alone knows. Boss goal....... looked solid.

Kerry Baptiste - to little time to rate, but did get in some decent cross.

Densill Theobald - 6 - looked tired, but tried hard. Should have moved up a little more and let Aguillera stay back. We needed to win this game and Theobald could be very creative.

Gary Glasgow - 5 - need to be more composed this pretty thing killing him. He is an one foot cock.

Andre Toussaint - to little time to rate, but showed some nice touches, ran back in midfield to help and proved to me he should play under the strikers. And out and out striker may be far fetched, he is to creative for that. He have an eye for creativity and could be useful under the strikers.

Wim - made some poor decisions in the timing of his subs, poor starting selection, needs to be more of a motivator, poor formation, poor tactics. Out of all the teams in our group El Salvador was the team to beat, we had them to kill, they were soft, we should have beaten this team by 3 clear goals, the original Warriors would have killed this team. Good luck Wim, ah know you is a better coach than that.

Sam - How do we learn to protect a lead, why is our players still looking un-fit. Why are we standing around when we dont have the ball. When we attack we look good and teams back off so why are we playing like we scared.

I would have gone with this team vs El Salvador, 3-5-2.

Williams
Powers, Keyeno, Noreiga
Kerry, Spann, Aguillera, Theobald, Pacheco
Roberts, Toussaint

Subs

McFarlane for Roberts - 46th
Glasgow for Toussanit - 70th
Daniel for Pacheco 80th

My team vs USA, 4-5-1

Williams
Power, Kenyno, Noreiga, Christian
Spann, Aguillera, Theobald, Pacheco
Toussaint
Roberts

Prediction

T&T 2 vs USA 1
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:09:34 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs El Salvador remark thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 06:57:52 AM »
TOO MUCH BALLWATCHING.

looked like a team of future referees at times.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 07:16:13 AM »
Nice report.Unfortunately ah was not getting the game, so ah going by what you say.

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 07:31:57 AM »

Obviously you must hope Guatemala beats ES, then T&T must hammer Guatemala. 

Assuming everyone lose to the USA, this may very well come down to goals for-and-against, for the second spot. 

Assuming Canada clinches first place (which we should), then it would be a Canada - T&T game in the second round.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:53:48 AM »
I don't think we had a bad formation at all, what we don't have is a left footed player, Seon Power had a decent game and broke up quite a few attacks in the second half, we lacked pace and creativity up front and were walking around  too much. As for the second goal, good Lord, man was just standing up when the ball rebounded AGGHHHHHH! The players have themselves to blame we could have finished El Salvador in the first half!!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:01:48 AM »

Nickcolson Thomas - 5 - poor decisions, poor passing. Should have been subbed, drop Spann back in his place and bring on Baptiste.

Anthony Noreiga - 6 - hold the center back decent. Needs to learn to make better passes out of defence.

Seon Power - 6 - make some decent runs up front, his recovery time was poor and the timing of his tackles was poor. Cost us the second goal. Played out of position, left back, yea right.

Keyeno Thomas - 7 - was the best of our defenders. Looked good going forward too. Took him for Cornell Glen once, they resemble.

Romauld Aguillera - 6 - broke up some plays in the second half, solid player, but needs to be more creative with his passing. Had a poor first half.

Andrei Pacheco - 7 - played a good game, showed some dribbling skills. Not a bad game at all.

Darryl Roberts - 5 - needs to give back Stern John his number 14 shirt, he starting to play like him. Lazy !

Errol McFarlane - to little time for me to rate. But at that time in the game why bring on a player like Mc Farlane who is not mobile. Jadgeosingh would have been a better sub at that point in time or even Christian Baptisite or Keon Daniel.

Silvio Spann - 8 - the best player on the field for both teams. Why was he sub, God alone knows. Boss goal....... looked solid.

Densill Theobald - 6 - looked tired, but tried hard. Should have moved up a little more and let Aguillera stay back. We needed to win this game and Theobald could be very creative.

Gary Glasgow - 5 - need to be more composed this pretty thing killing him. He is an one foot cock.

Andre Toussaint - to little time to rate, but showed some nice touches, ran back in midfield to help and proved to me he should play under the strikers. And out and out striker may be far fetched, he is to creative for that. He have an eye for creativity and could be useful under the strikers.

Wim - made some poor decisions in the timing of his subs, poor starting selection, needs to be more of a motivator, poor formation, poor tactics. Out of all the teams in our group El Salvador was the team to beat, we had them to kill, they were soft, we should have beaten this team by 3 clear goals, the original Warriors would have killed this team. Good luck Wim, ah know you is a better coach than that.

Sam - How do we learn to protect a lead, why is our players still looking un-fit. Why are we standing around when we dont have the ball. When we attack we look good and teams back off so why are we playing like we scared.

Williams
Powers, Keyeno, Noreiga
Roberts, Toussaint

Subs

Daniel for Pacheco 80th

My team vs USA, 4-5-1

Williams
Toussaint
Roberts

Prediction

T&T 2 vs USA 1

cant believe you give Seon Power a whole 6, that boy was a liability

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:22:15 AM »
Sam, though your assessment of the game is correct and your ratings matched each players performance accurately you fail to mention what I believe to be the 2 main reasons why we lost yesterday's game -- bad goalkeeping and ball possession.  Jan Michael Williams, who I should add is Trinidad's no. 4, did an admirable job given the circumstances but it seems he chooses to punch the ball at every opportunity he gets (I first saw this in the Honduras highlights).  I am not a keeper but I felt he should have held on to that cross.  Instead, he chose to punch and it fell right into the path of a Salvadorian and that started what resulted in goal number 1.  Now granted he is still our No. 4 shot stopper, that goal, in my opinion, still (even after the ill advised punch) could have been avoided.  Had an attempt been made to stop the half volley instead of looking to the officials we could have gone into the half one up on El Salvador.   Second, there were far to many bad passes and I knew it was only a matter of time before El Salvador converted one of them into a goal.  I kinda was hoping that this would have happened after we scored our 3rd or 4th goal but the bottom line remains, we NEED/MUST to better protect the ball.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:25:02 AM »

Williams
Powers, Keyeno, Noreiga
Roberts, Toussaint

Subs

Daniel for Pacheco 80th

My team vs USA, 4-5-1

Williams
Toussaint
Roberts

Prediction

T&T 2 vs USA 1

i agree. Seon Power (he right-footed right?) pass the ball DIRECT to a Guatamelean TWICE in less than 2 minutes?!!?! TWICE? under no pressure! oh, and de little matter about playing the long ball from defense to NO ONE. Glasgow eh ready, one on one wid ah defender and yuh passing (badly too)? he eh ready, and doh talk bout he flick-ons to de TnT player who playing up top, oh wait, is he playing up top. anyway we shoulda beat dis team coming an going, who know who i does feel bad for? Wim, granted he getting paid eh, but as ah coach, yuh want to win and when he look at some at the tata (big) men does be doing on he team, well poor fellah.
Go SocaWarriors!??!?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 08:41:46 AM »

Williams
Powers, Keyeno, Noreiga
Roberts, Toussaint

Subs

Daniel for Pacheco 80th

My team vs USA, 4-5-1

Williams
Toussaint
Roberts

Prediction

T&T 2 vs USA 1

i agree. Seon Power (he right-footed right?) pass the ball DIRECT to a Guatamelean TWICE in less than 2 minutes?!!?! TWICE? under no pressure! oh, and de little matter about playing the long ball from defense to NO ONE.

To me Sean power was the worst man on that fiels...DECENT!? wha game alyuh was watching boy....2 passes in the first two minutes and if you LOOK carefully Theobold was abut to pass the ball right after those two bad passes he tell him nah pas it somewhere else :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: he went stumbling through the defence so I have a new nickname for powers...stumbling bumblin...and only one setta long ball..more than two went out for throws..if you could understand spanish them commentators was real laughing at him...that is why the majority of the el salvador attacks was coming though our left...

I thought Theobold had a decent game and spann foot real deadly...hopefully they have scouts looking...and he look like he put on some weight/size/muscle...

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 08:46:42 AM »
Allyuh fellas cracking me up because even though we loss ...it wasn't because El Salvador ran us off the park...It was because we lacked concentration and poor decision making...It wasn't the best display of Football but I think we did a fair job...The funny part is men fight down the blacklisters before WC 2006...and they made it...Now they backing them to play...Win, Lose or draw that is my team...Roberts is being bashed alot but the man is an exceptional player...His workrate was high but he allow himself to get exhausted...Needs to tone it down a little...Go T&T

Offline labi

• New Warrior
  • AKINLABINHO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
SAM..U TALK SUM GOOD SHIT THEY

i don't like Glasgow..but giv jack he jacket..he was one of the best players for the game
i agree with the fitness problem..we looked tired out there, but there was little time for preparation
Roberts needs to get stronger in d last third of the field..his finishing was poor but was convincing on the ball
ANYbody watching d game cud of seen that our CAPTAIN was Lookin like a CAPTAIN..he wasn't much different from yorke and i take it as a disrespect for u to giv him 5...he showed his experience

SAM CHANGE YUH PRESCRIBER..STOP WATCHING RAINBOW CABLE!!!!!
akinlabinho

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 08:59:17 AM »
SAM..U TALK SUM GOOD SHIT THEY

i don't like Glasgow..but giv jack he jacket..he was one of the best players for the game
i agree with the fitness problem..we looked tired out there, but there was little time for preparation
Roberts needs to get stronger in d last third of the field..his finishing was poor but was convincing on the ball
ANYbody watching d game cud of seen that our CAPTAIN was Lookin like a CAPTAIN..he wasn't much different from yorke and i take it as a disrespect for u to giv him 5...he showed his experience

SAM CHANGE YUH PRESCRIBER..STOP WATCHING RAINBOW CABLE!!!!!

Why yuh doh go and f00ck yuh mammy.....

That was my 2 cents, no need to get smart and talk bout rainbow, yuh fargot...... accept it or make your point and ride de fo0ck out.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »
doh blame d players nah blame d man tht put tht shit team together, jacko
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 09:10:34 AM »
SAM you on point with your ratings i think..

If not for the Ball watching we would have been singing a slightly different chune dis morning...

Dem fellahs did ok, esp when most were expecting the worst...

The better test will be USA tomorrows..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »
Some interesting observations Sam.

Seon Power rank about a 4 for me. He rank both figuratively and literally.

Kerry Baptiste, in de short time he was on, send in some sweet, accurate curling crosses that make up for his absence. I hope he starts vs USA

Denzil have to eat more meat and provision and put on some size. And as a captain, be more vocal, cuss them and encourage them more.

I eh think Darryl Roberts was really lazy, he try to run at men and go forward, but the thing is he didn't know when to take a shot or when a defender was behind him. I was wondering how this man is an Eriedivise player. He remind meh of Kieran Richardson.

Noreiga & Thomas played decent, still somewhat shaky but they are the next Tallest and Dog, so they have to improve.

Looking back at de game, T&T and El Salvador cancel each other out ( a disturbing fact b/c is El Salvador). Dey get de edge with a lucky rebound but a goal is a goal.

We had chances...Glasgow make a couple shots overbars and had another couple saved.

We should really be doing better on set players. We earned a lot of corners but eh make use of it, it was just a set of man bouncing each other head in de box. More practice in set plays is needed

Now dat we have a game under our belt (albeit a loss), we should play more organized vs USA. I wish them fellers luck.

GO T&T
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 09:26:57 AM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »
Don't agree with your ratings Sam.  I think across the board they are too high.

Also, I think that McFarlane was the obvious choice for a sub coming on.  We needed a forward who can hold up the ball with his back to the goal.  Today's game showed how much we missed Stern as he usually does this excellently.  With El Salvador playing deep, the forward needed to be able to hold the ball up to allow the midfield to join the attack. 

Can someone tell me what Gary Glasgow was doing last night?  He need a shovel and a crocus bag to pick up all the sh!t he was playing.  He and Power.

On a brighter note, we may have seen the beginning of a nice center back tandem in Noreiga and Keyeno Thomas.  They worked well together.  Tomorrow's game against the USA will be the test. however.

How long has Spann been playing since he returned from injury?  He looks very unfit.

Big Mag, what happened to your boy Toussaint?  He looked as green as a lime.  Didn't have any idea what to do.

Say what, all in all, best we see what these fellas can do now in pressure situations.  Come next year's Qualifier's we will know who to keep and who to leave home.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
What can we say about them boyz? They really don’t have any kind of International experience. None of them are playing in any overseas clubs beside the Roberts guy and you see what he can do…NOTHING!   For what we had out there on the field and what they produce, was more than what most of us on here as fans expected.

From this team last night I would add to the real Worrier squad.... Spann, the first and last stopper…maybe the right back also.  The rest could be like we supporting.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:50:45 AM by Wehitis »
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 11:15:33 AM »
We lost the game due to ball watching and a clear lack of fitness. Plain talk bad manners. El Salvador will get a cutass from the better sides and we will continue to look decent on the odd occasion, but get exposed for a lack of experience and fitness.

The first goal was clearly a case of the defence not attacking the ball. I ehn no coach but when 3 Salvadoreans run after the same ball and none of our back line does anything until the opponent physically connects with the ball, then to me that is straight up ball watching.

The second goal came from a Keyeno Thomas lazy man pass under absolutely no pressure. I now see why he couldn't make the side in the run up to Germany. All the while I figured him to be a sure footed hard tackling defender, which I truly believe he is. Never the less he losses his concentration at the worste of times and pretty much caused our defence to scramble. Now to give jack his jacket, he did get back and try to prevent the shot from going in, and in doing so got a block that went straight into the path of the captain... Mr. Theobold, who stood up and watched the Salvadorean midfielder run past him and slot it into the open net.

Wim was right, again. A lack of fitness is our downfall. We lose shape, but dem fellas young and they will learn. The question is whether or not the TTFF will learn too.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 11:45:25 AM »
jan michael williams boy...i tink dey shoulda send he in d Pan Am volleyball championships...dis boy does giv me rel headache..hold d frlickin ball!!!...seon power..ah feel it fuh him as he now gettin break out an d nerves will be dey but come na..yuh name big man an yuh shouldnt be makin dem kinda mistakes especially since u in d backline...spann d dan play like ah boss an den he fade out..again fatigue probably set in..wicked foot..juninho wit dreds...theobald too play rel ball in d first half but in d second half bleeder prob loss too much blood and wasnt doin anythin worthy of mention..hoss yuh name captain dat ting on yuh arm is not tuh check yuh blood pressure u hadda improve on yuh leadership skills cuz u put in a position not jus to lead wit d ball but to pull up yuh players wen dey doin shit an it dat game shit was obvious...glasgow yuh need a lil more composure in terms of yuh shot and shooting positions..work on yuh fitness i thought u was asthmatic d way i see u huffin an puffin...darryl darryl darrly i aint kno if u doh kno wat 'MAN ON!!' mean..probably dey hadda say it in dutch fuh yuh..as ah striker u hadda hav better awareness dan dat u mus kno d defenders u leave out will be comin back at u hard..

dem fellas hadda step up their game in a big way cuz usa hungry to produce a convincing victory an would be hard to beat...seon power please it have heart patients watchin dese games jus settle yuhself..u on d squad for a reason so show us why wim put u dey..defense tighten up and offence take allyuh chances...

ah dun talk

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »
Sam breadrin, thanks for the run down. Gladly appreciated.

I hear some men talking shit about El Salvador team but little do they know about their football. El Salvador have all local based players on their team......that play in a pretty decent professional league in El Salvador (way more organized and competitive than the PFL) and they move the ball well and play quickly.

Winners train......loosers complain! We need to accept we lost and move on....even if it was against Antigua.

It is unfortunate we didnt at least get a tie (which I think we deserve) and then go for a win against USA or guatemala....but shit happens..

Hopefully we put it behind us and know now that the hill is rough but we moving with a steam roller to smoothen out!!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 01:04:13 PM »
Sam breadrin, thanks for the run down. Gladly appreciated.

I hear some men talking shit about El Salvador team but little do they know about their football. El Salvador have all local based players on their team......that play in a pretty decent professional league in El Salvador (way more organized and competitive than the PFL) and they move the ball well and play quickly.

Winners train......loosers complain! We need to accept we lost and move on....even if it was against Antigua.

It is unfortunate we didnt at least get a tie (which I think we deserve) and then go for a win against USA or guatemala....but shit happens..

Hopefully we put it behind us and know now that the hill is rough but we moving with a steam roller to smoothen out!!

Kingman

kingman,

el salvador is a shit side. they eh look good atall last night.

unfortunately, the warriors B squad shittier.

at times, the lack of quality in that game was unbearable.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »

Williams
Powers, Keyeno, Noreiga
Roberts, Toussaint

Subs

Daniel for Pacheco 80th

My team vs USA, 4-5-1

Williams
Toussaint
Roberts

Prediction

T&T 2 vs USA 1

Agreed with you on almost everything but one,you've got to be out of your mind to suggest that the second goal was seon pwers fault,and mind you I ain't no fan of him but it was Keyeno Thomas all the way my friend for making that pass to seon in front of a lurking el salvordorian player,plus the pass did'nt even have enough pace and height to suggest that only seon and seon only could have gotten that ball.

The real question begs are these players physicall fit or breaking it down into simple terms,have the stamina to play 90mins of football,I was looking at keyeno and appreciated his efforts through-out most of the game but my friends and I saw that goal coming when I stopped and said "oh gawwd ah hope he eh going and pass that ball across to that wing back and as ah say that he made the pass" and mind you from the perspective of ah defender your job essential is once there's a midfielder in sight the play should go through him, and theobald was standing right in front of him,with no pressure from any opposing players.

Also I could make the case there was bad coaching at the last 20mins of the game,what's the sense in taking off spann to bring on another player who obviously is not in sync with game and disrupts the flow of play,ah mean I don't think that second goal would have scored if spann was still in mix,because if yuh look at his game,it was to always drop back in that first stopper postion which gave the midfield time and options. BAD DECISION BY WIM..............     
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:57:42 PM by saga pinto »

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 01:50:28 PM »
Allyuh fellas cracking me up because even though we loss ...it wasn't because El Salvador ran us off the park...It was because we lacked concentration and poor decision making...It wasn't the best display of Football but I think we did a fair job...The funny part is men fight down the blacklisters before WC 2006...and they made it...Now they backing them to play...Win, Lose or draw that is my team...Roberts is being bashed alot but the man is an exceptional player...His workrate was high but he allow himself to get exhausted...Needs to tone it down a little...Go T&T

but he have poor control and footworks in tight spaces.........

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »
We lost the game due to ball watching and a clear lack of fitness. Plain talk bad manners. El Salvador will get a cutass from the better sides and we will continue to look decent on the odd occasion, but get exposed for a lack of experience and fitness.

The first goal was clearly a case of the defence not attacking the ball. I ehn no coach but when 3 Salvadoreans run after the same ball and none of our back line does anything until the opponent physically connects with the ball, then to me that is straight up ball watching.

The second goal came from a Keyeno Thomas lazy man pass under absolutely no pressure. I now see why he couldn't make the side in the run up to Germany. All the while I figured him to be a sure footed hard tackling defender, which I truly believe he is. Never the less he losses his concentration at the worste of times and pretty much caused our defence to scramble. Now to give jack his jacket, he did get back and try to prevent the shot from going in, and in doing so got a block that went straight into the path of the captain... Mr. Theobold, who stood up and watched the Salvadorean midfielder run past him and slot it into the open net.

Wim was right, again. A lack of fitness is our downfall. We lose shape, but dem fellas young and they will learn. The question is whether or not the TTFF will learn too.

Thank yuh, that's right, keyeno thomas lazy man pass,that's how the second goal scored.................

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »
I find Power play real tata.
But to be a little fair to him, he not a left footer.

the entire team just looked jaded last night. Fitness kill we bad bad.
I find Theobald play decent, he was missing at sometimes, but he stamp his class from time to time.

We all know they capable of much better, so lets give them a  chance.

The real test is how they perform versus the best team in the region who incidently is at full strength.
I have a real funny feeling about this game tomorrow ....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 02:47:11 PM »
An here I was thinkin it have T&T fans here...Flex should change the site to "T&T critics ! Cry down till it flood"....Allyuh know whey, why an under what conditions the team was selected from and instead ah being thankful we didn't get send home in bodybags..is how much shit get lef and how the boys dem poops...ah fine some ppl here does real make it hard for a youth to step up to bat....best dey say dey not playing...
Shim if we consider we best team we could ever select, some ah these fellas wouldn't be on the 5 th team list...and though dey step up an represent, is ah setta drag dey name thru the gutter....and wha is the infamous cry " we cyah settle for mediocrity"....here nah, at the top of their game, we best players have shown many times they could be mediocre...doh point to Carlos run ah form and tell meh world class, cause in all the players in the world he too mediocre...best we have, buh mediocre on the World stage....so imagine for this bunch....but they were chosen, and answered the call, so if they doy play up to many here non-mediocre standards - regardless of allyuh present personal high standard station in yuh own life -  too bad.... I say to all dem fellas who represent...."Damn, yuh should try to do better next time, and thanks for coming out " ...I give all ah dem ah 10....the only pounds ah week dem getting is from many ah dey so called fans, every game, everyday...wow

Like ah man say...Learn, move on...buh for too many is best they was playing for some other country, who probably woulda appreciate dem more....sure  ah wish dey could have played better, but they playing for we...None ah dem play no shit, even if we wish dey coulda play better....Stick with allyuh Henris, Ronaldos, and dinhos etc...My flag flying irregardless

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 03:03:28 PM »

Just watching the match now, first half over.

Spann and Glasgow making things happen up front for T&T.  Roberts is very disappointing.  T&T goalie doesn't look bad, made a great save in the opening minutes. 

Not sure if T&T was trying to sit on the lead, or just not playing.  ES definetly seem to want the match more, showing more creativity, stringing more passes together.

Worst player on the field, ES goalie, Gomez.  He has botched every ball going into the box.  Spann actually hit the post from a corner.  Spann scored a great goal, but any goalie worth his money should have had the ball.

Overall, both teams have very suspect defence.

It will be very interesting to see who clinches second in this group.  Anyone of ES, T&T or Guatemala could qualify.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
If Spann keep on playing like everybody says he is playing, some team in Euro may pick him up. I really, really hope so.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
I mean, given the circumstances I didn't expect much from this team, I did hoped for the best but prepared for the worst, however, El Salvador was very beatable on the night and I think we threw away a good chance to come away with 3 points. The only difference between both teams though was; El Salvador wanted it more and T&T lost fitness and concentration (it seemed). But waiting on game day to try players in different or out of position is very questionable. Not sure if this was done in our preparatory games.

Having said that, I wish them luck in their remaining games. If we have to go home after 3 games I hope we at least return with some pride.

Silvio Spann scored a screamer !!! I was impress. Weather it was stoppable or not Winnipeg Fury it did went in and in the end, that's all that matters.

Good Luck T&T. Your whole attitude will change when you understand that limitations are only temporary. Don't let the lack of resources interfere with your vision.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:02:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2007, 05:30:04 PM »
I find the fellaz play alright.  you could see they was a little cut below concacaf standards, but they didn't shame themslelves.   I think more experience and fitness and these fellaz gfood to go in 4 yrs time...but they need some wingers though.  I trhink wim did know what he was doing when he call the 5 back (who later blank him).  I think the 5 woulda fit in nicely.  Good luck fellaz and hopefully you all could hold uSA ...or maybe just collect 1 or 2.

1]; } ?>