July 26, 2024, 07:23:28 PM

Author Topic: Eddie Johnson Thread  (Read 16444 times)

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Johnson Blanks Prem for MLS
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 09:47:18 AM »
Not all stones worth stepping on nah. Some does lead downhill, and some does straight up fall out from under yuh.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »
Not all stones worth stepping on nah. Some does lead downhill, and some does straight up fall out from under yuh.
In which case any astute agent would negotiate an exit clause tied to Derby remaining in the Premiership...ala the players at Juventus in Serie A.

No?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 01:44:23 PM »
my first that was "he mad oh what??!!!?"
but the fella still kinda young, and barring injury he can develop further and Europe will still be there for him.
He mashing up MLS now and enjoying himself, yuh hadda like getting up every morning and going to work, which he is right now.
good luck to him.
He's an idiot.

He finally having something of a breakout season in MLS after 7 years....he really satisfied with that pace of development in what is clearly a mediocre league?  I personally have a feeling that this fool has a fear of failure that rather than inspire him, it causes him to settle for mediocrity...which I see in his passivity on the field when in international competition.  He's content being big fish in a little pond...not exactly the sign of a winner.

Did someone hack your account??? This can't be Bake n Shark!  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 02:51:46 PM »

Why?

*readies big stone*

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »

Why?

*readies big stone*

Nothing... :whistling:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Eddie Johnson in serious contract talks with Fulham
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2008, 01:47:45 AM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7676994

CARSON, Calif. (AP) - U.S. forward Eddie Johnson, who has been linked to a possible move to Fulham in England's Premier League, has left the national team's training camp.

Johnson left Sunday, team spokesman Michael Kammarman said Monday. Johnson had been practicing for this weekend's exhibition game against Sweden.
The Washington Post reported on its Web site that Johnson is in "serious negotiations" with Fulham, which is 2-11-9 and next-to-last in the 20-club Premier League, on track to be relegated for next season.

The 23-year-old Johnson has 11 goals in 31 international appearances. In July, he turned down a proposed transfer to Derby, which is last in the Premier League at 1-17-4.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Eddie Johnson in serious contract talks with Fulham
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2008, 08:41:51 AM »
the man didnt want to play for no last place team...next to last well thats ok.
I still think its a good move for him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Johnson in serious contract talks with Fulham
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
the man didnt want to play for no last place team...next to last well thats ok.
I still think its a good move for him.
My guess is that the experience and report from his fellow Americans (McBride, Dempsey, Bocanegra and Onyewu- last year) may have played a factor in his decision vis-a-vis Fulham.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Eddie Johnson signs with Fulham
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
Fulham complete Johnson signing

Fulham have completed the signing of USA striker Eddie Johnson after he was granted a work permit.

The 23-year-old has joined from Kansas City Wizards on a three-and-a-half-year deal with the Craven Cottage outfit.

"At 6ft 1in Eddie can complement the other forwards and gives us another dimension to our attacking play," said Fulham boss Roy Hodgson.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Johnson signs with Fulham
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008, 02:40:31 PM »
from one shit side to ah next shit side.......he really knows how to advance his career boi.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »
USA FC right there.
Hart for president

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »
USA FC right there.
same thing I was saying, too bad they going down

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »
USA FC right there.

More like USA S:D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »
I don't think that youth could take hard tackle...he has a big wake up call coming to him..

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
Eddie johnson has the tools, but i get annoyed at how timid a player he is. He plays like he is afraid to make a mistake and chickens out of confrontations against defenders when his best options is to try to get a step on the player and take a shot. I watched him in his appearances in the Copa America and the Gold Cup and too often he had half a step on his marker and then stopped and tried to backtrack when he had room to go on a run and try a shot or bring in a cross...and i don't mean trying to take on the whole defense. I mean one man who he already get a beat on. You get the feeling that a coach who believes in him and gives him license to be a little selfish could take him to the next level. But he plays with no drive. He looks unambitious for a striker of his talent. Hopefully Hodgson could get him out of his shell

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »
Eddie johnson has the tools, but i get annoyed at how timid a player he is. He plays like he is afraid to make a mistake and chickens out of confrontations against defenders when his best options is to try to get a step on the player and take a shot. I watched him in his appearances in the Copa America and the Gold Cup and too often he had half a step on his marker and then stopped and tried to backtrack when he had room to go on a run and try a shot or bring in a cross...and i don't mean trying to take on the whole defense. I mean one man who he already get a beat on. You get the feeling that a coach who believes in him and gives him license to be a little selfish could take him to the next level. But he plays with no drive. He looks unambitious for a striker of his talent. Hopefully Hodgson could get him out of his shell

Why? so he could score goals against we????

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 08:47:07 PM »
So when Fulham play Saunderland, it's really T&T vs USA?!  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 09:17:52 PM »
I guess Fulham are buying these US players as an assurance measure for Championship  ???

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 10:08:26 PM »

horse, when de man playing shit he still bussin we net. steeups. might as well fulfill his potential if he going and poison us anyway :devil:

seriously tho..I hope he fulfill his potential but play de a$$ against us. yuh happy  ;D after all Yorkie used to be destroying for ManU and then Lalas and Balboa used fold him up and put him in their pocket....the reverse hadda be possible :-X :-X :devil:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »
As posted by Filho:

I seem to remember you making a similar comment a few months back and I cyah disagree. Ah really endorse the comments in bold.

I would only supplement your comment to say ... I believe the US coaching staff believe in him, but are/were aware of his "tendency" ... sometimes you let players work out these kinks through playing.

Specifically, EJ may benefit more from the advice/insight of a very experienced player with whom he shares the position even moreso than from from the confidence of a mgr.

My observation of some of those matches in which he was tentative is that I also noticed the team (as a unit) struggled to attain a rhythm ... he seemed unable to make defining plays breaking out of this pattern ... something that has been known to happen to many players when there is opportunistic rather than consistent, decisive movement of the ball forward.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:44:25 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2008, 03:48:23 AM »

He already knows how to do that.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »
Eddie johnson has the ability and speed but the man to watch coming out of the US is that youth altidore!!! that is trouble for we right there. he is everything eddie johnson isnt!!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »
The MLS losing quality players the league will be poorer for it. Good for Johnson, I think he will do well at Fulham
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »
Now the Focus is back on SEALY, he was the second leading scoring behind Eddie last year. Hopefully he can lead the scoring this year and try and make the leap himself.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »
The MLS losing quality players the league will be poorer for it. Good for Johnson, I think he will do well at Fulham
In the short term...they may benefit in the longer run.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
after feb 3rd u sure  to change  that  signature pic
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »
Amani and Eli go make sure dat ent goin dong ;D :D ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
I guess Fulham are buying these US players as an assurance measure for Championship  ???

If dey need assurance measure fuh championship, dey have tuh talk tuh we boi Stern, he is de man dat have de license tuh get championship teams back up in EPL  ;). HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »
FULHAMERICA is shit
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2008, 03:03:26 PM »
Amani and Eli go make sure dat ent goin dong ;D :D ;)

Eli better win that Superbowl because he will forever live in de shadow of Daddy and Bro.... ;D

Go Patriots (only because Kraft own NE Revolution also and Avery playing for dem)

1]; } ?>