April 25, 2024, 02:19:22 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs El Salvador remark thread.  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs El Salvador remark thread.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 05:35:30 PM »
Jan's poor punch out of that cross cost us the 1st goal. Great early save altho it came back into the box.. But all in all, he looked solid enough. The better of the 2 goalies on display.

It was not Seon Power's fault that the 2nd goal scored...It was a terrible lazy pass by keyeno Thomas to Power..under no pressure that cost us that goal. The man had miles of room and give Powers a poor, suicide pass and forced him out of position. Other than that..Keyeno was actually the best player on the field for me. I really like how he played..He could make the team even with WC warriors.

Daryll looks like he is playing with an injury. Anybody notice he had no acceleration on 2 breakaways and seemed to have a clear limp that got worse as the game went on. ref also let the Salvadorean kick the shit out of him without showing a card as they got 'revenge' for Daryll injuring one of theirs..One nasty tackle resulted in the freekick that led to the T&T goal. Did some things well...but didn't have much chemistry with Glasgow. That comes with time.

Silvio Spann was subbed cuz he was bun...they moved him to the right side in the second half where he stood on the same spot for 20 minutes..Good player. Was really good until he got tired. What a GOAL!

Glasgow played pretty well and was pressure. His movement off the ball was superb..the Mexican commentators loved him. Made some good plays, made room for himself..the only guy who looked remotely like scoring a goal and taking on the defense. Who else actually made the keeper make any saves? But needs to stop flicking the ball..frustrating. But again..subbed cuz he was bun..steeups

I think Noreiga looks a little slow for this level. I worry about him against speedy forwards. But shows signs of enough ability to overcome that. Seon Powers saved his a$$ a few times in the first half with good recovery tackles. Everybody dissing Powers, but he he defended well, especially in the first half..covered for the slow Noreiga on at least 3 very good tackles and got good raves by the notriously critical Mexican commentators in the 1st half. Whoever said they were maing fun of him needs to brush up on their Spanish. They were saying how he was doing a great job covering for his center backs and seemed to be everywhere. Watch the game again and see Powers save Noreiga ball watching tail over a few times during the 1st half....His passing needs work tho'..Noreiga..to his credit steadily improved..By the 2nd half he was doing a good job..and held it down in the late stages when Keyeno played up front in search of a goal.

Pacheco look like he could do something..but needed a little more support. Wanted to take on his marker and get to the byline and cross the ball. Could develop into a good one. I like his attitude and what he was trying to do

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
My opinion on this team is we did not play well but we managed to show spurs of being an OK team.  i think the initial problem is that we have too many players that is not good to the point where if a man is not that good well maybe he can escape criticism or being seen. put a man like Powers with the A team just for hypothetical reasons. If he make a few bad plays or something that will be know but the other players performance will make up for it. So too many average players on one team is the issue here. welcome any comments!!!!
All American

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 06:29:17 PM »
I mean, given the circumstances I didn't expect much from this team, I did hoped for the best but prepared for the worst, however, El Salvador was very beatable on the night and I think we threw away a good chance to come away with 3 points. The only difference between both teams though was; El Salvador wanted it more and T&T lost fitness and concentration (it seemed). But waiting on game day to try players in different or out of position is very questionable. Not sure if this was done in our preparatory games.

Having said that, I wish them luck in their remaining games. If we have to go home after 3 games I hope we at least return with some pride.

Silvio Spann scored a screamer !!! I was impress. Weather it was stoppable or not Winnipeg Fury it did went in and in the end, that's all that matters.

Good Luck T&T. Your whole attitude will change when you understand that limitations are only temporary. Don't let the lack of resources interfere with your vision.

Dam Flex. Yuh talk real professional they.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:02:43 AM by Flex »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 06:50:26 PM »
Daryl played one game and every one's breathing down his neck, about he should give back stearn his # and all that junk. tell me , do you think if he was that bad he would've of landed a contract with a top flight team in the eredevise who else besides york and latas ever did that. the youth real good he just had a bad game, and another thing he is being played out of position, this guy is not really a striker, he's more of a attacking mid.   and when you play with players below your level you play even worst than them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 10:17:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 06:58:33 PM »
Flexo, bounty killer and Filho...thank you for not letting the recent controversy cloud your judgement of the game...It wasn't the best performance but we lost no pride from it...It think it safe to say the team have some potential...We will just have to wait and see...Powers start kinda shaky but I think he could develop into a nice player if he keep in the camp...We need some depth in defense...some more competition for that place...It have men out there that could help in the defense department...The coach seem to know what he is doing so I think in future he will select the ones who was overlooked...

Just cool I agree with you...the man's movement off the ball is second to known in the Trinidad and Tobago pool....Plus I didn't think he played bad...I think he could do better and I sure he know what he capable of...Soon enough men might be singing a different tune about him...Needs to be more deadly and he will destroy people.

Go T&T

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »
Sam call Glasgow ah one foot cock... :rotfl:
Is two goal he throw away wit dat left foot.

Roberts put down ah pile.  All he do was get ah yellow card. 

Dem backs real weak bringing up de ball...moving at one speed only, no plan and dey making totally predictable passes.  Coming from deep near de corner flag in we half ah see man trying to pass back inside towards the top of the box and dey under pressure...pure madness.

Men ball watching and let Alas run in scott free for de second goal.  Ah know who was in the vicinity but I eh calling he name to make we enemies.

Ah hope Nickolson Thomas never play for T&T again. 

Seon Power & Noreiga was playing hot potato with de ball in de earlies.  Cease & Settle fellas.

(Tallest go have to un-retire yuh know).

Thoebald was a ghost in de second half.  I was shock Spann did come off.

Jan Michael Williams was weak on kick offs.  Why at de end of de game (and we down by one goal), he choosing to collect ball in he hand, drop it, take it out de box and kick it barely to half line is a serious mystery to me. 

Ah hoping fuh De Jackula to swallow ah fish bone so he cyah talk no more.
Ah hope dey take yuh arse to court.
All dem stories about how he used to go to school barefeet and fellas used to laugh at he lime juice and bake lunch everyday.  So now de whole nation have to suck salt?  Steups.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
Daryl played one game and every one's breathing down his neck, about he should give back stearn his # and all that junk.

He played without energy, purpose and motivation. 
Could de yellow card have affected him dat much? 
I doubt dat.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 07:33:13 PM »
Jan's poor punch out of that cross cost us the 1st goal. Great early save altho it came back into the box.. But all in all, he looked solid enough. The better of the 2 goalies on display.

It was not Seon Power's fault that the 2nd goal scored...It was a terrible lazy pass by keyeno Thomas to Power..under no pressure that cost us that goal. The man had miles of room and give Powers a poor, suicide pass and forced him out of position. Other than that..Keyeno was actually the best player on the field for me. I really like how he played..He could make the team even with WC warriors.

Daryll looks like he is playing with an injury. Anybody notice he had no acceleration on 2 breakaways and seemed to have a clear limp that got worse as the game went on. ref also let the Salvadorean kick the shit out of him without showing a card as they got 'revenge' for Daryll injuring one of theirs..One nasty tackle resulted in the freekick that led to the T&T goal. Did some things well...but didn't have much chemistry with Glasgow. That comes with time.

Silvio Spann was subbed cuz he was bun...they moved him to the right side in the second half where he stood on the same spot for 20 minutes..Good player. Was really good until he got tired. What a GOAL!

Glasgow played pretty well and was pressure. His movement off the ball was superb..the Mexican commentators loved him. Made some good plays, made room for himself..the only guy who looked remotely like scoring a goal and taking on the defense. Who else actually made the keeper make any saves? But needs to stop flicking the ball..frustrating. But again..subbed cuz he was bun..steeups

I think Noreiga looks a little slow for this level. I worry about him against speedy forwards. But shows signs of enough ability to overcome that. Seon Powers saved his a$$ a few times in the first half with good recovery tackles. Everybody dissing Powers, but he he defended well, especially in the first half..covered for the slow Noreiga on at least 3 very good tackles and got good raves by the notriously critical Mexican commentators in the 1st half. Whoever said they were maing fun of him needs to brush up on their Spanish. They were saying how he was doing a great job covering for his center backs and seemed to be everywhere. Watch the game again and see Powers save Noreiga ball watching tail over a few times during the 1st half....His passing needs work tho'..Noreiga..to his credit steadily improved..By the 2nd half he was doing a good job..and held it down in the late stages when Keyeno played up front in search of a goal.

Pacheco look like he could do something..but needed a little more support. Wanted to take on his marker and get to the byline and cross the ball. Could develop into a good one. I like his attitude and what he was trying to do

Most accurate review ....at least closest to what I saw and not what other people here saying. Would like to add that to me Theobald does not sync well with the side. He slows the play too often but then at times traps and executes a perfect short pass. Don't know what goes on with him but need to see a more domineering player in his position.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »
An optumistic person says the glass is 1/2 full a pestimistic persons says the glass is 1/2 empty. When I think of the 2nd half of that game I eh even seein the glass.

It has been a while that I eh see a side play such crap. Oh gorm Jan hold the ball. Keayano Thomas make me a believer in the Don again u confirm why I reach Germany b4 he  as for Seon the boy have the boy have the power to give me a headache.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 08:15:29 PM »
Daryl played one game and every one's breathing down his neck, about he should give back stearn his # and all that junk.

He played without energy, purpose and motivation. 
Could de yellow card have affected him dat much? 
I doubt dat.

I honestly think he's playing with an injury. at one time he was a doubt for the Digicel Shield cuz they weren't sure he would recover in time. He clearly is not running freely and got closed down a lot easier than he normally would. he was running kind of gingerly to me and it got worse as the game went on. not 100%..and I think it was physical..not lack of motivation or anything like that..or else he wouldn't ah fly in early and break up that poor El Salvadorean. He seems like the kind of fella who gives 100% all the time. It was his hard work that won the free kick for the goal and that stole the ball for the breakaway in the first half when he eventually got closed down. The effort was there, but didn't look himself physically. maybe someone with more info could opine..seemed like that to me

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »
Was at the Game

1) Our players are way in over their head, may be a better fustal or smal goal side.

2) Not enough stamina, which leads to ball watching.

3) Wim and Jack in kahoots, Jack bussing the mark on we country and the wey-wey man bankrupt, Jack pocket full no matter what numbers play. Wim collecting money for coaching a world cup side. If we loose decently like last night, good preformance hard luck, I'm working with what I've got. If we draw, yeah we did well dem locals real hot, Madrid sign dem...If we win, look at rollie polie, sex, dribble one dribble two... Wim laugh:- I'm working with what I got and get paid. While the locals (defenders esp) lack the ability to use dey left foot, dribble always to the right foot, read passes, communicate, break down passes, tackle, stop dam ball watching, and de list could go on.... Rome was not built in a day, but ah sure dey had skilled workers. Our players are lacking a work ethic.....!

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 02:09:48 AM »
a few things stuck out to me in this game:
1. A healthy Silvio Spann is still a really good player... ppl forget sometimes that d man played in Serie A... this is one of the warriors that I have always loved to watch going to work on the field.
2. If defense wins games, then we're really in trouble... at times in this game I was wondering if the entire defensive unit (the 'keeper included) ever learned the fundamentals of defense... perhaps they should sit in on our own U-17 camp sometime and learn (it must be working for them).
3. On that note, one interesting thing i noticed (or maybe I'm just being paranoid about El Salvador's playing style :)) were that El Salvador's goals were from setpiece plays that were used in a game situation... if you watch how their first goal (especially) transpired then you'll know what I'm talking about. One thing that Warriors teams have historically had problems with is defending against quick restarts in dead ball situations... in a way this could be a manifestation of this.
3.Last but not least... even Stevie Wonder could've seen that our chemistry was lacking... we were always just a half-second in timing or a small flick away from making the big play. Maybe something may happen and it all might click vs. USA. Never say never!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 02:40:23 AM »
Allyuh, doh hate I for what i am about to say, but try and understand where i am going with this. I don't want this C team to win one game, not one, cause i believe jack and the crew looking for an easy way out of this financial bind by forming this new team for success, if they fail , which i am hoping .then they have no choice but to negotiate with the blacklist players , BC they will be under pressure from the media the world the fans and the state, plus that would be messing with their money. if they succeed, then they could say to hell with those 16 heartical bonified players who made us proud on the big stage. and i believe they are wicked and worthless enough to do that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     As a result, I want jack locals to get plundered and pounded like never before. i never like the US soccer team since 1989, and i route for them to lose every time they play regardless to whom they played, but this is one time i am supporting them 100%. i want them to masacre jack's trump card. i want when they're done with dis abomination they call a national team, for jack to go into hiding for a year. the only good i want to see come out of this, is for span and bleeder to have two enormous games  so that they get picked up by a good team. these two brothers are exceptional players and should not be playing at such a jokey level, especially if we want to see another WC.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2007, 08:36:35 AM »
Allyuh, doh hate I for what i am about to say, but try and understand where i am going with this. I don't want this C team to win one game, not one, cause i believe jack and the crew looking for an easy way out of this financial bind by forming this new team for success, if they fail , which i am hoping .then they have no choice but to negotiate with the blacklist players , BC they will be under pressure from the media the world the fans and the state, plus that would be messing with their money. if they succeed, then they could say to hell with those 16 heartical bonified players who made us proud on the big stage. and i believe they are wicked and worthless enough to do that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     As a result, I want jack locals to get plundered and pounded like never before. i never like the US soccer team since 1989, and i route for them to lose every time they play regardless to whom they played, but this is one time i am supporting them 100%. i want them to masacre jack's trump card. i want when they're done with dis abomination they call a national team, for jack to go into hiding for a year. the only good i want to see come out of this, is for span and bleeder to have two enormous games  so that they get picked up by a good team. these two brothers are exceptional players and should not be playing at such a jokey level, especially if we want to see another WC.

you lettin your feelings for a few bad men, cloud yuh judgement and love of the majority of your countrymen, to the point where yuh willin to support the opposition...wow..so is like yuh does jus switch ah switch to decide on who yuh supportin today, depending on how yuh feel ? oh ho ?  thanks for tellin meh whey yuh go stand when things goin f-up, meh ent vex with yuh (doh now ah have to watch meh back), come back an support when the fighters get Jack out or gone , an things going nice nice or even worse after eh, who knows . Many ah we go try to make sure it still have ah team here for you...yuh follow ?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »
No maxg, i am a die hard worrior from way back when. going to PSA with my pops and watching all them big games as a youth. so i know the deal long time. i feel nuff heart ache wid jack and CO. and i went through all the diappointment  wid T&T since i was a youth. now we finally have a viable team and an opportunity to win a big tourney as the GC and he f**kinup. nah, i cant  support jack in this endevor, i refuse, BC if i wish this team well and they do well, then jack would drag this thing all the way to WC quallifying and if you think this painful, wait till he draw that card on we. i don't hate them youths , i wish them all well in the sense that some of them pick up some attention from bigger clubs, but if they do well ,trust meh when i say jack will never use non of we WC players again.  so i want it to back fire on jackass , so he would have no choice but to negoiate wid we WC players.           positive.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2007, 12:34:02 PM »
No maxg, i am a die hard worrior from way back when. going to PSA with my pops and watching all them big games as a youth. so i know the deal long time. i feel nuff heart ache wid jack and CO. and i went through all the diappointment  wid T&T since i was a youth. now we finally have a viable team and an opportunity to win a big tourney as the GC and he f**kinup. nah, i cant  support jack in this endevor, i refuse, BC if i wish this team well and they do well, then jack would drag this thing all the way to WC quallifying and if you think this painful, wait till he draw that card on we. i don't hate them youths , i wish them all well in the sense that some of them pick up some attention from bigger clubs, but if they do well ,trust meh when i say jack will never use non of we WC players again.  so i want it to back fire on jackass , so he would have no choice but to negoiate wid we WC players.           positive.

There's no guarantees in life,even if we lose badly in next 2 games jack could still stand by his standards and refuse to negotiate with the playes,as far as he is concern he's making money either way,there's a way to fix this situation but the question is,who will take the first step..............

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »
,as far as he is concern he's making money either way,there's a way to fix this situation but the question is,who will take the first step..............
That is the saddest part of all this.

He WILL treat these players who are on the Gold Cup Team badly very soon enough and he will suffer no financial ill effects or negative feed back from his peers in FIFA.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:16:31 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
Was at the Game

1) Our players are way in over their head, may be a better fustal or smal goal side.

2) Not enough stamina, which leads to ball watching.

3) Wim and Jack in kahoots, Jack bussing the mark on we country and the wey-wey man bankrupt, Jack pocket full no matter what numbers play. Wim collecting money for coaching a world cup side. If we loose decently like last night, good preformance hard luck, I'm working with what I've got. If we draw, yeah we did well dem locals real hot, Madrid sign dem...If we win, look at rollie polie, sex, dribble one dribble two... Wim laugh:- I'm working with what I got and get paid. While the locals (defenders esp) lack the ability to use dey left foot, dribble always to the right foot, read passes, communicate, break down passes, tackle, stop dam ball watching, and de list could go on.... Rome was not built in a day, but ah sure dey had skilled workers. Our players are lacking a work ethic.....!

Like you didn't hear..TTFF hasn't paid Wim in ages...in cahoots? De man wukkin' for free

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2007, 01:44:28 PM »
yeah DCTrini during his interview with the fearless one he said that the end of May would be Three months that he has not been paid
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2007, 02:06:29 PM »
,as far as he is concern he's making money either way,there's a way to fix this situation but the question is,who will take the first step..............
That is the saddest part of all this.

He WILL treat these players who are on the Gold Cup Team badly very soon enough and he will suffer no financial ill effects or negative feed back from his peers in FIFA.

Yuh no I often wonder if someone did jack wrong a long time ago and told him he would never get anywhere with football in this country,and since then he swore that once he got his way he would f**k with his countrymen or anyone for that matter if they got in his way.....

When I look at jack either up close or on TV his face tells me,this man is seriously disturbed, Psychologically unstable,and does not no it or he does but don't care...............

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 02:41:22 PM »
When I look at jack either up close or on TV his face tells me,this man is seriously disturbed, Psychologically unstable,and does not no it or he does but don't care...............
is funny you mention the look on his face.
My impression is of someone who is hungry and doh know where the next meal coming from and he grabbing everything from the players and TTFF to satisfy his HUNGER  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:05:33 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2007, 02:51:05 PM »
Allyuh, doh hate I for what i am about to say, but try and understand where i am going with this. I don't want this C team to win one game, not one, cause i believe jack and the crew looking for an easy way out of this financial bind by forming this new team for success, if they fail , which i am hoping .then they have no choice but to negotiate with the blacklist players , BC they will be under pressure from the media the world the fans and the state, plus that would be messing with their money. if they succeed, then they could say to hell with those 16 heartical bonified players who made us proud on the big stage. and i believe they are wicked and worthless enough to do that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     As a result, I want jack locals to get plundered and pounded like never before. i never like the US soccer team since 1989, and i route for them to lose every time they play regardless to whom they played, but this is one time i am supporting them 100%. i want them to masacre jack's trump card. i want when they're done with dis abomination they call a national team, for jack to go into hiding for a year. the only good i want to see come out of this, is for span and bleeder to have two enormous games  so that they get picked up by a good team. these two brothers are exceptional players and should not be playing at such a jokey level, especially if we want to see another WC.
I was like you before Wednesday. I wanted everybody to give us about 8. But then I start watchin de game, and from de time Silvio score all dem thoughts fly out mih head.

The only way I can't support de team is if I don't watch de game.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »
Jack is ah goat. He know datteam eh up to scratch but he still still sent them to get embarass. So doh expect now that they eh likely to win a match he go change he mind and bring pack the real team. He so badmind dem fellas I doubt will ever get that money but they was still willin to play. Th edispute would h drag on for yrs with we best players but once a goat always a goat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>