April 26, 2024, 09:45:35 AM

Author Topic: So if Span's freekick had scored just before HT  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So if Span's freekick had scored just before HT
« on: June 09, 2007, 06:32:03 PM »
If that freekick had scored just before half time, what would have been the after-effect?

That free kick make the first one vs El Salvador look ordinary in terms of the swerve on it.

Did you all see how Keller initially move to his right and the ball just reverse in mid flight to his left? Lord Have mercy!

I have seen many swervers that confuse keepers in the past, but this one was a true banana!

Definitely one to rival the great Roberto Carlos' free kick...

If only....

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So if Span's freekick had scored just before HT
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:03:49 PM »
If only..beautiful shot. He has superb technique..

You cannot what if that without asking what if that Cuban linesman wasn't so inept and didn't call them 3 US plays offside ??? :-\

I think fitness and lack of speed might have still done us in in the 2nd half...But that goal would have been nice as T&T had the US under good pressure at the end of the 1st half..after a really dismal start. If we were fit, we would have given them a go in the 2nd half..cuz the fellas looked like they had come to grips with the game.

The Donovan goal was a prime example how lack of fitness and lack of speed is unacceptable at this level

Still proud of the boys though...Sometimes our full team will play the US and Kasey Keller eh have to do nutten. This weakened side actually made him work a few times.

Only one side deserved to win it though..and so no hard feelings here

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 07:05:57 PM »
There is no IF in Football

so forget this thread

It was however very sweet

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
It woulda been 1-1 at half time probably.... :-\ now what ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »
Nah peeps,
I didnt mean to use the "IF" in the context of the eventual outcome of the game.
I am firmly of the belief that the US would have still beaten us today if we had gone in 1-1....

I was just meaning IF that had gone in, imagine what it woulda dont for Span on the world stage, especially after his first wonder goal vs El Salvador....

LA Galaxy or Real Madrid mighta be calling  ;D

Seems we have got our very own John Arne Riise !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »
Nah peeps,
I didnt mean to use the "IF" in the context of the eventual outcome of the game.
I am firmly of the belief that the US would have still beaten us today if we had gone in 1-1....

I was just meaning IF that had gone in, imagine what it woulda dont for Span on the world stage, especially after his first wonder goal vs El Salvador....

LA Galaxy or Real Madrid mighta be calling  ;D

Seems we have got our very own John Arne Riise !

yeah. I was talking to Filho about that earlier- he would have opened some scouting eyes if he had back to back blinders....I think the first one alone put him in somewhat of a spotlight as far as the Gold Cup is concerned...

If the one today scored, it also would have actually put the first one in the shadows.....

He seems to have figured out a technique to get a bend and a dip from distance- not a bad weapon to have...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »
If alyuh excited about that free kick wait and see the corner ,the one that go in line wid the gol post like if it goin outside and slip in the last post.that youth go put tears in keepers eyes .what the father didint do he would do it .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>