April 27, 2024, 10:50:24 PM

Author Topic: Update on Noreiga as T&T team arrives in Boston.  (Read 8478 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Update on Noreiga as T&T team arrives in Boston.
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:56:52 PM »
Theobald & Jan Michael on trial in Hungary.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National team captain Densill Theobald and goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams are currently out on trials with Hungarian First Division team Ujpest FC.
The duo, just back from representing Trinidad and Tobago at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, arrived in Budapest last Friday to begin their trials with the club.
Theobald had been tipped to head off on trials prior to the Gold Cup but decided to remain at home and seek his interest outside following T&T’s stay at the tournament. Williams, of Vibe CT 105 W Connection earned the trials after his impressive showing between the sticks in each of T&T’s matches against El Salvador, Guatemala and United States.
“So far we have settled in at the club with the training and everything,” Theobald told TTFF Media on Friday. “We have been here for about a week and it’s just a matter of putting our best foot forward and see what happens from here. The club has treated us well so far and we have been welcomed by the other players who are all technically good and physically strong. It’s all down to hard work and we are no strangers to that because we have been in these situations before,” added the Caledonia AIA midfielder.
Williams also has a trial lined up with English club Sheffield United next week but is prepared to give his best during the current stay at Ujpest which includes a training match for both players against a Romanian club on Saturday.
“Firstly I want to say that the other goalkeepers before me like (Kelvin) Jack, Shaka (Hislop) and (Clayton) Ince have definitely showed their class… they are world class and for me now to have this opportunity makes me realize how much hard work and commitment is necessary to play professionally outside of home. I am thankful for the time at the Gold Cup because it opened up my look on things and right now I will push myself to the limit and hopefully something positive will come through,” Williams added. Hislop was also on the phone with Williams after his showing in the second match versus the Americans, saying that he was encouraged by the promising showing of the former National U17 and St Anthony’s College custodian from Couva.
Ujpest have won 20 League titles and 8 Cup titles making them one of the most successful clubs in Hungary while their long history makes them the oldest still existing one.
News from the 22nd of June 2007

US-based trio joins U-17s.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 team head coach Anton Corneal will be looking at three United States-based players who have flown into the country to join the current team in its preparations for the upcoming FIFA Under 17 World Championship in Korea.
Already here are New York-based goalkeeper Kern Caesar and Los Angeles-based forward Cameron Roget and they will continue training with the team which goes into camp this weekend after a trip to Venezuela was called off on Thursday.
Also coming in next week is forward/midfielder Aaron Maund who was a member of the United States squad of 40 players prior to the team’s participation at the final qualifying round.
Corneal was firm when saying that the incoming players will have to rightfully earn their places in the team.
“One of the main things we will ensure is that they must come with the right attitude. That is the key to whether they will be selected or not,” Corneal told TTFF Media on Thursday.
“We don’t have time to fiddle around and spend extra time with players. Playing for Trinidad and Tobago must be their priority. Once they can fit in and are prepared to work hard then it gives them a better chance of remaining with us. At this time we already have a squad of players who are dedicated and committed to our cause and are very hard in training at this point. No player will be given any advantages when it comes to selection for the national team.”
Three other players from the local Pro League, United Petrotrin’s Stephan Campbell and W Connection duo Michael Quashie and Corey Cyrus have also joined the squad.
Arsenal player Gavin Hoyte also responded negative to another inquiry on whether he would be willing to join the T&T U17s following its qualification for the World Championship, indicating that he still has ambitions to play for England. The 16-year-old centre back made the Arsenal first team bench for their FA Cup fixture with Blackburn Rovers last season. His brother Justin is also a defender with the Arsenal first team.
News from the 20th of June 2007

A year later.
...Latapy gives his views on the way forward for T&T.

Wednesday June 20 marks a year ending Trinidad and Tobago’s debut at a World Cup Finals. It was the date 12 months ago when the “Soca Warriors” ended it’s campaign in Germany with a 2-0 defeat to Paraguay but moreso completed its mission of leaving a mark on the world stage.
One player who graced the stage that day in Kaiserslautern is now focusing on his way forward as it relates to the development of the game not just at his current club Falkirk but his homeland as well. Russell Latapy gave his impressions and reflections in an interview done at the club recently.
Latapy was asked to give his views on matter ranging from what he felt was necessary to take T&T football forward stemming from the success of the team’s showing at the World Cup to his tenure at the Scottish Premier League club.
“It’s difficult for me to pinpoint what is happening because I haven’t been around Trinidad and Tobago football since the World Cup and I don’t know much because I have to take myself a way a bit otherwise my head is in two places at the same time. But I have my feelings on what we need to do in Trinidad to maintain a certain standard of football. The key to it like everything else is in development. I think maybe five to ten years ago we had a lot of good natural talent coming through. No disrespect to the boys who are there now… I think we still have a lot of talented players but I think what we need is more talented players coming through so whoever is in change…they have a larger group to choose from.” Latapy also relayed to TTFF Media previously that midfielder Densill Theobald was unfortunate not to gather much playing time at the club and felt it was wise to try explore his options elsewhere which he supported and which in some way would have led to him wearing the captains armband for the country months later.
The ex-Porto midfielder explained what he felt was the difference between the development phase in T&T or the Caribbean and Europe.
“I think in order to do that we need to develop football in the grassroots area. Another thing I would like too see being done as I think (relates) to the football side of things in Trinidad (is) I think tactically we are not the strongest and we need to work on this. The examples I would give is that if you tell a young Scottish player to put in ten good crosses he would probably put in seven. I think it’s the other way in Trinidad as if you tell a young player you would probably get four or five. Now if you ask a young West Indian player to dribble four or five players, that might be easy for him and if you ask a young Scottish player to do the same it might be more complicated. I think the focus home needs to be readjusted and the way to do that is the (having a better) understanding of the game and getting organized.
When told of the approach to development at Falkirk with the club aligning itself with a University and adopting a more all around scheme of things, Latapy agreed that it was the right option, supporting the move to have similar approaches back in T&T through use of the football stadia and possibly a training centre.
“I think that is definitely the way forward in football. Football is not only played with the feet anymore. Maybe 30-40 years ago you could throw a ball out and one fantastic player could make a difference. But football now is a team game and you have to be strong and look after yourself. That is the way forward for the improvement of football.
It is a universal effort and it is going to take everybody doing their best to make it a reality. There are a lot of people with good ideas in Trinidad and in Caribbean football. I think the situation is (that) everybody is pulling in different directions and we need to put all our differences aside for the better of football and come together and do what is better for the game and not what it is for us as individuals.”
The question that obviously would draw a lot of attention a year after Germany was put forward to the current Falkirk player and assistant coach. So why not return to offer your services to the game at home. Latapy chose his words carefully and left the doors open.
“If given the opportunity I would love to. I have always said there are a couple of things I would never turn my back on. My family is one, football and my country. I would never turn my back … I think obviously it has to be in the benefit football and for everyone and the timing has to be right. There were some initial conversations when I was at the World Cup about this happening… me coming back to Trinidad and being a part of the organization and coaching set up but nothing came of it. So I will just continue to learn my trade here and gain experience and hopefully if that (opportunity) comes up one day I will go in and do my best and try to take football forward.
And about being ready to move back once the opportunity came knocking at any given time, he responded: “If it came up it is definitely a situation that I would give a lot of thought to. Obviously I would have to speak to my family about it and then I would make a decision based on that but as I said before, I would never turn my back on football and on Trinidad, so if that opportunity arises then yes I would jump at it.”
Latapy spoke on his career at Falkirk and other matters relating to his football during the interview filmed on location at Falkirk. This will be shown on the Football 07 programme produced by Markus Harm and 20/20 Productions on June 24 at 10pm on local television.
News from the 15th of June 2007

Noreiga Discharged !
[/size]

National Team defender Anthony Noreiga was discharged from the Habour UCLA Medical Center on Thursday after being warded there since Saturday following his head injury sustained against the United States in Los Angeles, California.
Noreiga, who sustained a brain contusion in the CONCACAF Gold Cup fixture, improved considerably over the past two days, according the T&T Team Doctor Terence Babwah.
“Noreiga has improved considerably over the last 2 days to the point that he was seen and discharged from hospital today. He was a bit confused over the last 2 days stating inappropriate events and he had some delusions about the hospital,” Babwah said in a statement to TTFF Media.
“Today (Thursday) he had less delusions and walked comfortably around the ward. His mother was around him today. The attending neurosurgeon cleared him to fly home and continue treatment home.”
However, Noreiga’s mother felt more comfortable with her son spending a couple extra days and he will now return home on Monday. TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner will cover the cost of the three extra nights for the player and his mother.
Upon arrival in Trinidad, he will be seen and treated by doctors in Trinidad and receive physiotherapy there after.
Babwah also wished to clear the air on a media report carried on local radio station 91.9 fm which stated that Noreiga was not sufficiently taken care of by TTFF officials since his injury.
“Sam Phillip and I visited Noreiga twice daily from Sunday to Tuesday. He was in ICU for 2 days and had limited visitors. He moved to a step down ward on Monday with limited visitors and to a general ward on Tuesday with unlimited visitors. He was only allowed food and drink on Tuesday night. On Wednesday, we visited until 1pm and was due to return to visit after picking up his Mom at 6:55pm at the airport. Due to inclement weather in Miami, she didn't arrive until 2:30am this morning June 14th.
“Some Trinis were able to visit him and not seeing us yesterday evening he thought that we went to Boston and left him alone. He was confused and so wouldn't know how many times we visited him. He even had to be restrained to the bed. We didn't get to return with his toiletries on Wednesday night. These “trinis” called the radio station and complained bitterly about him being abandoned by the TTFF without knowing exactly what was happening,” Babwah added.
One individual even called the Trinidad and Tobago Embassy to complain.
“I got an update daily from his doctors and so had all the necessary information. There were records that we visited every day- so there were unfounded complaints,” Babwah concluded.
News from the 13th of June 2007

T&T Salvages late point in Gold Cup farewell.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior footballers managed to salvage a late point and provided a fair amount of hope for the coming months as they battled to a 1-1 draw with Guatemala in Tuesday’s closing group B fixture at before 25,000 odd fans at the Foxboro Gillette Stadium in Boston.
After the United States toppled El Salvador 4-0 in the opening game of the double header, T&T went into their encounter needing a win by at least three goals to have any chance of sneaking second spot. And despite a solid start to proceedings, commanding a better presence on the pitch in the early stages, a needless sending off toughened the task for the “Soca Warriors” before substitute Errol McFarlane headed home an 87th minute goal and almost snatched a late winner when his effort grazed the upright. The result was no doubt a welcomed one for the team with Anthony Noreiga in mind.
Head coach Wim Rijsbergen started with Gary Glasgow and Andre Toussaint up front using fellow strike Darryl Roberts on wide left position. Trent Noel came into the starting team to partner Densill Theobald in the middle and had a promising showing, seeing one of his free kicks bounce off the left post near half time. Glenton Wolfe also replaced Andrei Pacheco while Dwayne Jack came in for Noreiga alongside Keyeno Thomas in defense.
As early as the 6th minute under a downpour, T&T got a peak at goal when Silvio Spann squared a free kick for Noel but his blast went wide of the upright.
Neither team managed to surge ahead, not managing to create clear cut chances for the opening 20 minutes. Gustavo Cabrera then had Guatemala’s first clear chance on 21 minutes when a left side cross found him unmarked before he headed wide of the near left post.
Tragedy struck T&T in the 30th minute forcing them to change their initial approach to the match. Jack openly elbowed Cabrera after he realized the Guatemalan closed in on him and was given marching orders by Honduran referee Jose Pineda.
The blow left T&T having to take less risks in the search for goals now but it did little to deter their fighting spirit.
After a shove on Toussaint in added on time, Noel seized up and measured his free kick just less than perfect as it struck the left post and quickly bounced off an unready Toussaint and over the line for a goal kick.
Unlike the opening losses to El Salvador and United States, T&T held its shape in the second half and avoided further break down.
They needed some luck though in the 48th minute as a moment of craziness at the back almost cost them a goal after Williams casually played a ball into a Guatemalan before the attacked was broken down.
Guatemalan marksman Carlos Ruiz thought he put his side ahead in the 54th minute but the goal was ruled offside and T&T fought on, frustrating their opponents in the process.
Toussaint had a clear cut chance on 63 minutes when he worked his way inside the right of the box, evading a defender before trying to sneak it past goalie Ricardo Trigueno on the near post but the advancing man was up to the test.
Williams made another timely stop to prevent Ruiz in the 74th minute and the Guatemalans had another strike ruled out for offside in the 83rd minute.
T&T never panicked and played with purpose as the half progressed but the deadlock was broken by a piece of cleverness on Ruiz’s part.
Three minutes from time, the prolific striker collected and turned before poking the ball past players Christon Baptiste and Seon Power into the left corner of the goal.
The goal didn’t spell game over for T&T though as substitute Kerry Baptiste floated into the box from the right and McFarlane gladly accepted, clinically heading home to tie the scores.
Moments from the end the Superstar Rangers player almost snatched the winner when his effort grazed the upright on its way out. T&T ended the Group with one point as USA topped with a maximum nine points followed by Guatemala (4pts) and El Salvador (3 pts).

Guatemala: - Ricardo Trigueño, Henry Medina, Pablo Melgar, Néstor Martínez, Gustavo Cabrera, Leonel Noriega, Carlos Quiñónez (Mario Rodríguez 54th), Carlos Figueroa, José Contreras, Marvin Ávila, Carlos Ruiz (capt) (Hernán Sandoval 90th).

Trinidad & Tobago: - Jan Michael Williams, Power Seon, Dwayne Jack, Keyeno Thomas (Christon Baptiste 78th), Glenton Wolfe, Trent Noel, Silvio Spann (Kerry Baptiste 60th), Densill Theobald (capt), Gary Glasgow (Errol McFarlane 70th), Andre Toussaint, Darrly Roberts.
Rijsbergen pleased with fighting spirit.

Head coach Wim Rijsbergen gave credit when it was due, not praising but complimenting his players for a fighting effort which enabled them to secure their lone point in the Gold Cup.
Speaking after T&T’s 1-1 draw with Guatemala at the Foxboro Gillette Stadium on Tuesday, Rijsbergen stated: “We had the only chance (to progress to second round) if we had scored a couple of goals, our plans were destroyed a little bit with the red card of Dwayne Jack but I can say that the boys worked very hard to get a positive result.
“Of course we had hoped for a win but I am glad that we got a draw at the end and they deserved at least a point for the effort.”
He stressed that he was pleased to see that the current squad understood the need to play with more determination but was still hopeful they will realize to do a bit extra for the international stage.
That is what we need… a fighting spirit to get better. And of course they understand we have to keep this level to get any further with Trinidad and Tobago.
“I am proud of these guys as they showed that they are wiling to work hard. I wish Guatemala all the best in the next round and we will try to continue working towards the qualification for the 2010 World Cup.
He added that he hoped that the players understood the need to work more as individuals as well, saying too that his eyes will be out for other available talent.
“Hopefully we will find some more players and get the best team together for the next set of games in the rest of year towards the qualifiers.
“Hopefully now and between end of year we will have some discussion with the boys, We will use this Gold Cup as a standard to get to the right level.”
Goalscorer Errol McFarlane was delighted to help T&T secure a point, saying that he felt it was important to salvage some kind of pride.
“As a player and as a forward especially the first job on the field is to score so to come and score is satisfying to some extent,” he told TTFF Media. “It was a bit disappointing that the team couldn’t progress on to the second round but we saved some sort of pride in that we came out here and didn’t lose every game and I felt that was important to this team.
“I didn’t play football for six months between the qualifiers and that ruled me out of the World Cup but now I have lost a considerable amount of weight and I still need more time to gain better fitness but I have all intentions of working hard to get back to full strength and hopefully make a bigger impact for the team,” he added. The team is scheduled to return home at around 9:30pm on Wednesday via Miami.
News from the 11th of June 2007

Update on Noreiga as T&T team arrives in Boston.
[/size]

Following a five hour flight from Los Angeles, Trinidad and Tobago’s Gold Cup squad arrived in Boston around 5pm on Sunday and checked in at the Double Tree Hotel before head coach Wim Rijsbergen led his players onto a nearby training ground for a recovery session after yesterday’s 2-0 defeat to the United States.
A 21 player party along with staff arrived in Boston amidst slightly chilly conditions. Missing was Team Doctor Terrence Babwah who had to remain in LA with injured defender Anthony Noreiga. Babwah also gave an update on Noreiga’s condition early Sunday morning after arriving back at the hotel late the previous night.
According to Babwah, Noreiga suffered a brain contusion and not a previously suspected broken jaw or neck injury. Babwah said Noreiga’s condition required urgent medical attention at the time as he was in and out of consciousness before and while warded in Intensive Care United at the Harbour UCLA Hospital.
“Anthony had an injury in the first 15 minutes of the game when he collided with two players. He fell, he became unconscious had to be taken to hospital using correct technique to get him off the field and to the hospital. And he had a CT scan which showed that he had a brain contusion or a brain bruise in the front part of the brain with a very small bleeding. In four hours time the CT scan was repeated and up to this morning it showed no change. The Doctors continue to monitor him and have reported to us that he should make a recovery within a couple days time,” Babwah told TTFF Media.
Babwah added that he will have to accompany the Joe Public player back to Trinidad upon his discharge from the hospital. He is also being accompanied by team manager Sam Phillip.
The T&T team will train again on Monday before facing Guatemala in their final Group B game on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:57:33 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Noreiga as T&T team arrives in Boston.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 07:00:10 PM »
Good prognosis there for Noriega...Thank God
he certainly did not look good lying there.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:36:33 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »
WOW!  Brain contusion eh?  Daz serious ting.  Thoughts and prayers with you Anthony.  Get well soon...wishin you a FULL and speedy recovery bro!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »
have a speedy recovery my man. sorry to hear that. have a fast a speedy recovery..
All American

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
Get well soon young warrior. So who paying for his hospital stay? Next ting the boy go for a visa and it come up that he owe hospital money. Now that Babwah with him as he should be who with the rest of the team. Anybody at the helm at the esteem organization that runs our football have a Dr on stand by?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
Nuff blessings and all de best Noreiga, coming from Supa & De Enterprise. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 09:42:57 PM »
....wishing him a speedy recovery. I only hope the TTFF does not stick in supporting HIM  and gives HIM everything required for HIM to maintain good health.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 09:48:04 PM »
Get well soon young warrior. So who paying for his hospital stay? Next ting the boy go for a visa and it come up that he owe hospital money. Now that Babwah with him as he should be who with the rest of the team. Anybody at the helm at the esteem organization that runs our football have a Dr on stand by?

Not that that would matter...won't prevent him from entering the US

But mixed bag ah news there...worse injury than Dr. Bakes predicted from my sofa clear across de country.  Brain contusion could be pretty bad, but seems like this one wasn't.  Good news there.  That he slammed the back of his head into the turf and the bruise occurred to his frontal lobe indicates the violent thrashing his brain took upon impact.  Very certainly could have been worse...but God is good.

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 09:57:29 PM »
I just pray he recovers well and that these players have adequate medical insurance each time they take the field. Which may be another story.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 10:00:10 PM »
Dat news doh necessarily make me feel better about de man injury nah

but Flex thanks for the update and I just hope there are no lasting effects and the recovery works in his favour. Hope to see Anthony in T&T colours in years to come

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 10:39:31 PM »
noriega my prayers are wit u rite now..u r one for d future...hopin fuh ah speedy recovery..

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 06:14:06 AM »
I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. He put his self on the line for his country. True soldier.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 06:33:41 AM »
Hope the man pulls through from this injury  !!

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 08:11:39 AM »
It was really scary watching him lying there unconscious. I couldn't help but think of Marvin Lee (RIP brother) - I'm relieved that it was not that serious but it really isn't anything to scoff at. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery and proper management of this incident from all angles.

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »
Anybody know when he might leave LA??  I don't know if the Doctor does read this fourm or what not but I just want to say thank you to Terrence Babwah..From what I saw on the field, this man knew exactly what to do and rushed to get him off the field and to the hospital..TTFF may of done some things that the supporters arent happy about however keeping Terrence Babwah was first class and may of saved the life of Noreiga....If I am not mistaken, he held Noreiga's tongue so he would swallow it!!!   
Good work Terrence Babwah!!!!!  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 06:10:33 PM »
Wish you a speedy recovery and our prayers are with you.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 06:12:21 PM »
Anybody know when he might leave LA??  I don't know if the Doctor does read this fourm or what not but I just want to say thank you to Terrence Babwah..From what I saw on the field, this man knew exactly what to do and rushed to get him off the field and to the hospital..TTFF may of done some things that the supporters arent happy about however keeping Terrence Babwah was first class and may of saved the life of Noreiga....If I am not mistaken, he held Noreiga's tongue so he would swallow it!!!   
Good work Terrence Babwah!!!!!  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

yes big up to Babwah

he does remind me of Dr. Hibbert from the Simpsons...likeable, professional and not without a sense of humour

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 06:29:20 PM »
I think we have learn a lesson after the Marvin Lee incident. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Good Bless!!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
....If I am not mistaken, he held Noreiga's tongue so he would swallow it!!!   
Yeah, that is what got me MOST cocerned for Noreiga...great to hear that he will be OK.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 07:59:22 PM »
i'm now reading about this. my thoughts go out to him.....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »
Yes Babwah is a class act. I assure u if u owe a hospital money in the US and that on your record and it comes up u eh gettin no visa. I know people who dat happen to
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 05:12:38 AM »
For u Noriega 

:praying: :praying::praying: :praying: :praying:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Noreiga making steady progress
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 11:02:29 AM »
Noreiga making steady progress
By: T&T Express

Wednesday, June 13th 2007

Trinidad and Tobago defender Anthony Noreiga has made steady progress since being warded at the Harbour UCLA Hospital in California after suffering a brain contusion in the first half of T&T's 2-0 loss to the USA in Los Angeles last Saturday.

Noreiga went down in the 14th minute following a clash with two players, including teammate Jan Michael Williams, and had to be rushed to hospital where two CT scans revealed he suffered bruising and bleeding to the front of the brain.

Since being hospitalised in the intensive care unit on Saturday, Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) media officer Shaun Funetes reported yesterday that Noreiga has made "great progress" over the past three days.

From being unconscious during the first day, he is now sitting up, talking, following commands, and has good memory of events in the past like phone numbers and T&T's first match against El Salvador last Thursday.

He also spoke to his wife and brother yesterday and was aware that his teammates had a game against Guatemala last night. He is not yet walking around and T&T team doctor Terrence Babwah will remain in LA until the hospital doctor discharges him and allows him to fly back to Trinidad, accompanied by Babwah and team manager Sam Phillip.

The 25-year-old Noreiga has played seven times for T&T and is a former member of American A-League club Vancouver Whitecaps, as well as George Mason University, Princes Town and Pleasantville Senior Comprehensive schools. He is currently signed to T&T Pro League champions b-mobile Joe Public.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »
good news, glad to see he is doing well
not to put a downside on this
but that going to be one massive medical bill
Hopefully the TTFF had proper medical coverage

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 11:15:41 AM »

:rotfl:       this is why Jackula feels justified in doing his ting because he's the one going to foot the bill.A kinda Robin Hood ting.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:17:56 AM by royal »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »
all the money that jack iz spending and saying that iz he money iz what he tiOOK from TTFF so wah he realy saying he money iz TTFF MONEY AND TTFF money iz he own plain and simple .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »

:rotfl:       this is why Jackula feels justified in doing his ting because he's the one going to foot the bill.A kinda Robin Hood ting.
         Every player that play in these tournaments are insured that's a requirement in modern day Soccer,in the US once you playing Soccer you are covered by the league you are playing in.I'm sure the Pro league in T&T have some type of insurance for it's players,if they don't i don't know what kind of Pro league that is.I remember last year's colleges league when the player from Malick broke his neck people just talk talk talk about the treatment that family got,i'm sure everything is still the same,people are only concerned about these things when it's their child/related,we have a long way to go in this area,all Footballers in T&T should have medical insurance.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 06:29:33 PM »
We must hear how much Jack spend to clear the bill

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 07:09:10 PM »
 Well said Latapy...Development is the way...Legend

Offline trini_bwoy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 11:39:49 PM »
Well said Latapy. "I'll never turn my back on my family, football and Trinidad." I agree. Also good analysis and illustration of the game:

"The examples I would give is that if you tell a young Scottish player to put in ten good crosses he would probably put in seven. I think it’s the other way in Trinidad as if you tell a young player you would probably get four or five. Now if you ask a young West Indian player to dribble four or five players, that might be easy for him and if you ask a young Scottish player to do the same it might be more complicated. I think the focus home needs to be readjusted and the way to do that is the (having a better) understanding of the game and getting organized."

But if yuh ever return to offer your services to assist in further developing our football, just beware of Jackula  :'( :'( :'( :'(.

1]; } ?>