April 27, 2024, 04:37:06 AM

Author Topic: Messi's "Hand of God"  (Read 10808 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Messi's "Hand of God"
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:42:44 PM »
The night God handed justice to cheating Lionel Messi and Barcelona

Messi's outrageous fisted goal against Espanyol seemed to have set up Barca for another La Liga title. But unlike Maradona in the 1986 World Cup, this time there was payback for the Argentinian conman.
Maradona called it the Hand of God. I’m not sure how Lionel Messi would describe his equaliser for Barcelona against city rivals Espanyol at the Nou Camp on Saturday night - but the flying fist with which the latest Argie cheat beat keeper Carlos Kameni was just as outrageous as dirty Diego’s World Cup antics against England in 1986.

With Real Madrid losing at Zaragoza and the race for the Spanish League title moving towards its climax, it seemed reigning champs Barca were about to edge their arch-rivals off the top. That became a near certainty when Messi’s second goal - this time a legitimate one - put them 2-1 ahead with Madrid still trailing.

Barca, it seemed were about to soar three points clear of Real with one game to go. Then, wonder of wonders, the good Lord looked down, realised that sinners should never be winners - and put everything right. Well, almost.

First, Ruud van Nistelrooy pounced with a late Madrid equalise. Then, just 20 seconds later, wonder of wonders, Espanyol’s Raul Tamudo raced through to snaffle a last-gasp equaliser in Barcelona and stun the Nou Camp to silence.

It’s no consolation to Peter Shilton or England’s 1986 veterans but at least I now know there is a God after all. It’s a pity he was asleep when fatty Maradona was conning the world in Mexico City.

Sky Sport’s Spanish football experts seemed to think there was nothing particularly outrageous about Messi’s con trick. He got away with it, so good luck to him, seemed to be the general opinion.

A far cry from the cacophony of outrage that would have exploded had the same thing happened in a Premiership game.

The logical answer is, of course, the introduction of video technology, which would have seen the goal wiped out and Messi booked - if not red-carded. But until the game’s doddering rulers are dragged screaming out of the 19th century, that’s not going to happen.

Messi won’t of course be disciplined for cheating. But then once could hardly expect him to rush to the ref and plead: ‘’Please don’t give the goal - I scored it with my fist, not my head.’’

I suspect that would have got him into 100 times more trouble with his club. But he’s certainly lost brownie points with He who matters.

Or maybe God only hands out gifts to Argentinians - not justice.
http://www.sportingo.com/football/the-night-god-handed-justice-to-cheating-lionel-messi-and-barcelona/1001,3656
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:45:44 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Messi's "Hand of God"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:58:10 PM »
And look how de puta celebrating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkajXbTWl0Q
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 09:34:24 PM »

Messi really let me down with that move

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 09:41:02 PM »
Who write that article ,steuppsss ,ah wonder why he ein t come down so hard on Crouch when he pull Sanchos hair ..oh that was ok crouch was english  ::) Wah wah ,...look Sancho don t ever even whine or talk about it ,get over you little bitch ,it was the hand of god lol.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:43:59 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 09:46:46 PM »

Messi won’t of course be disciplined for cheating. But then once could hardly expect him to rush to the ref and plead: ‘’Please don’t give the goal - I scored it with my fist, not my head.’’

Is unfortunate that something like dat will go overlooked in modern football...but is not Messi, nor an Argentinian ting. Even de classiest players will not own up if the goal is allowed and dey know it was a hand ball.

Toppa if it was Robinho who do that yuh probably wouldna' say anything  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 10:39:52 PM »

Is unfortunate that something like dat will go overlooked in modern football...but is not Messi, nor an Argentinian ting. Even de classiest players will not own up if the goal is allowed and dey know it was a hand ball.

Nah if it was Robinho ah woulda be disappointed the same way. Ah used to real rate Messi.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 07:12:19 AM »

Nah if it was Robinho ah woulda be disappointed the same way. Ah used to real rate Messi.

Yeah..I canot condone that play by Messi...but Toppa...noone was complaining when Ruud punch the ball back across the face of the goal for Real first goal against Depor a few weeks back. That goal was the Madrid break through and it was a cheat the same way. Although Madrid was clealry the better team..you never know how the game would have gone if Depor ahd scored first..and they should have since their goal was fair. So yeah..Messi cheat. But Real madrid fans cyah say nutten  :D :D as they was silent when Ruud get away with his not too long ago....respek  :beermug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI_gdhE9-rM&NR=1

the commentator calls it 'la mano invisible de van Nistelroy (the invisible hand of van Nistelroy)
he admits it was a handball on 3minutes 20 seconds..he calls it an 'acto reflectivo'..a reflex action. he says something like..'me voy a rematar el balon con mucho momento..no pude a rematar el balon y doy el mano..fue un acto reflectivo. no queria hacer esto pero toca el mano'

basically..i went for the ball with a lot of momentum, i couldn't reach the ball and I gave my hand. it was a reflex action. I didn't want to do that, but it touched my hand...Ruud's use of tense is not that good..but he clearly admits he cheated...hehehe :angel:

neither is cool, but a special thread for Messi...c'mon..he didn't do anyrthing original..hehe...ok..dat linesman should get sent to jail tho'. that handball wasn't even concealed good :devil:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:32:25 AM by Filho »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 07:14:54 AM »
like allyuh eh see de first trini game against el salvador when glasgow try to elbow in de ball.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 07:46:27 AM »

Yeah..I canot condone that play by Messi...but Toppa...noone was complaining when Ruud punch the ball back across the face of the goal for Real first goal against Depor a few weeks back. That goal was the Madrid break through and it was a cheat the same way. Although Madrid was clealry the better team..you never know how the game would have gone if Depor ahd scored first..and they should have since their goal was fair. So yeah..Messi cheat. But Real madrid fans cyah say nutten  :D :D as they was silent when Ruud get away with his not too long ago....respek  :beermug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI_gdhE9-rM&NR=1

the commentator calls it 'la mano invisible de van Nistelroy (the invisible hand of van Nistelroy)
he admits it was a handball on 3minutes 20 seconds..he calls it an 'acto reflectivo'..a reflex action. he says something like..'me voy a rematar el balon con mucho momento..no pude a rematar el balon y doy el mano..fue un acto reflectivo. no queria hacer esto pero toca el mano'

basically..i went for the ball with a lot of momentum, i couldn't reach the ball and I gave my hand. it was a reflex action. I didn't want to do that, but it touched my hand...Ruud's use of tense is not that good..but he clearly admits he cheated...hehehe :angel:

neither is cool, but a special thread for Messi...c'mon..he didn't do anyrthing original..hehe...ok..dat linesman should get sent to jail tho'. that handball wasn't even concealed good :devil:

Yes Ruud's hands the ball too - but his own was a lot less blatant. He didn't intentionally do it and he admitted to it afterwards. If he had score an own-goal the way Messi had people would have lambasted him the same way. Messi actually palmed the ball into the goal. Weys dah one?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 07:48:10 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »

Yes Ruud's hands the ball too - but his own was a lot less blatant. He didn't intentionally do it and he admitted to it afterwards. If he had score an own-goal the way Messi had people would have lambasted him the same way. Messi actually palmed the ball into the goal. Weys dah one?

No difference...you cannot seriously say you giving Ruud more benefit of the doubt cuz he hid his better. Cheating is cheating..yuh doh get props for being better at it. You cyah be serious  :D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 07:56:31 AM »
Don't worry folks.

Cristiano Ronaldo will win a penalty next season and will resume his place as the worst cheat in football.

All will be forgotten and Messi will be de darling or purists again.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
Don't worry folks.

Cristiano Ronaldo will win a penalty next season and will resume his place as the worst cheat in football.

All will be forgotten and Messi will be de darling or purists again.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
Messi-Donna:

:devil:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »
Don't worry folks.

True...although some disillusioned individuals go quick to call him a genius because of just that

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 04:34:39 PM »
ok, i understand he be trying to emulate his countryman maradona ( like that repeat of the 1986 second goal against england), but oh god...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtpFXdTrjeE&NR=1
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:46:34 PM by legal alien »

1]; } ?>