April 18, 2024, 04:01:36 PM

Author Topic: The TTFF and Jack Warner has embarrassed us with this team that they selected  (Read 6106 times)

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
They have embarrassed us with this team, they have put money ahead of patriotism and logical thinking we are one year removed from appearing in our first world cup, most of the players from that team were available to play for the team, and what did the TTFF .....do they blacklisted the players replaced them with players who are not ready for prime time ( they have been out classed in every game so for.

Here is a quote from the Guadelope Coach about Canada

" They hold the ball well , they have a lot of character and strenght"

I believe the present T&T team dont have a clue on what's happenning on the field , they are being totally outclassed.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
I agree totally with that statement, our team is the weakest in the entire tournament!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS FELLAS, ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN IN THE FORM OF SOME KIND OF PROTEST!!!!!!

Offline Rhythmwize

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Not sure exactly how the teams are selected for the Gold Cup, but its probably safe to say that TnT was picked based on the performance of the Team(and players) that went to the World Cup.

And, that is probably why Jamaica was not included in the 2007 Gold Cup.

Would Jamaica have been a much stronger Caribbean representative in this years Gold Cup?  Yuh make the call.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rythmwyze welcome not to be disrespectful but did you just crawl out from under a rock? Have you been following this forum over the last year? If so I don't think you would have asked that question

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Rythmwyze welcome not to be disrespectful but did you just crawl out from under a rock? Have you been following this forum over the last year? If so I don't think you would have asked that question

Rough welcome boy....Anyway Rythmwyze welcome and I would advise to take a read around de forum and check out de threads because Warriors have been in battle wid Jack and de TTFF because of this very issue.  When yu read up den come back and change yu post else yu go get mashup on de forum... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

PS yu go hear terms like Jackula, Jacklisted, Cumts aka Camps etc.  Yu go understand de pressure TNT football going through
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
grskywalker doe lash him so early its his 4th post....lets educate him/her.

Rythmwyze,

Ja did not make it because they were knocked out in the Digicel cup qualifiers and did not make it to the finals held in Trinidad.

Haiti won the digicel cup beating Trinidad and Tobago in the final.

All the Caribbean teams that are there now were semifinalists in the digicel caribbean cup and earned their spot.

There is no picking and choosing of teams...Ask Jamaica2099, RF, Lionpaw or any other Jamaican poster why their team did not make it.(NB...Creston Boxhill is one of their excuses, but they would never admit who cut their arse....let me give you a clue...the island is a St.......Jamaica also hosted their qualifying group as well)

The Gold cup is made up of qualifying teams with the exception of Canada who get in every year automatically and USA as the Hosts.

The central american teams have their own tournament called Uncaf.

Now you know!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:31:56 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Rhythmwize

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
My Bad...thanks for the selection process review...I should have researched myself, but just being lazy.  Havent been following Caribbean football to closely since after the World Cup.  Only been reading this forum since the start of the Gold Cup, but learning alot on whats going on.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
My Bad...thanks for the selection process review...I should have researched myself, but just being lazy.  Havent been following Caribbean football to closely since after the World Cup.  Only been reading this forum since the start of the Gold Cup, but learning alot on whats going on.

Jus cool.  Jus remember we does hit hard but we cool for de most part  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:  good luck and yu have plenty reading to catch up on :beermug: :devil: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Not sure exactly how the teams are selected for the Gold Cup, but its probably safe to say that TnT was picked based on the performance of the Team(and players) that went to the World Cup.

And, that is probably why Jamaica was not included in the 2007 Gold Cup.

Would Jamaica have been a much stronger Caribbean representative in this years Gold Cup?  Yuh make the call.

You may not have meant to, but your post does pose an interesting question. If T&T qualified due to past performances, shouldn't they be made to play their best team in the Gold Cup?

Think of it another way. Say Jamaica sudenly come good and play outstanding football and qualify for the World Cup ahead of T&T. Then, when the World Cup finals come around, they play a team of boys and get mash up. Aren't we all going to want to know why T&T aren't there as we are now the better team.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is that you have a moral obligation to use your place in a tournament to field your strongest team, or step down and give it to a federation thats more honest and wants to win. 

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 This was no way an embarassment to me...If you embarassed too bad...The defense needs to be more solid but I not embarassed...Canada should be embarassed...Mexico could be embarassed...not us...I proud of the Team...Go T&T

truetrini

This was no way an embarassment to me...If you embarassed too bad...The defense needs to be more solid but I not embarassed...Canada should be embarassed...Mexico could be embarassed...not us...I proud of the Team...Go T&T

yuh know what?  i actually agree with Ponnoxx.  Beenie prove to me that yuh could take ANY team and if yuh get dem organized, den dey could play ball.

Wim should be embarrassed.  Too many excuses and he in charge, regardless of who he get to coach!

this team playing like de same Hero warriors under bertille.  giving opposition too much room, giving de ball away without being under pressure.  Absent midfield etc.

Jackand Camps also need to feel ashamed, is dem who robbing de youths ah an excellent opportunity to line up alonside better, more experienced players and learning.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Comparing what Beenie had to work with and what Wim have to worked it not fear to compare at this time. In fact it eh go be ever fair. However, once the Jacklist continue and it is Powers et al they go look lil betta
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

Comparing what Beenie had to work with and what Wim have to worked it not fear to compare at this time. In fact it eh go be ever fair. However, once the Jacklist continue and it is Powers et al they go look lil betta
yow look at what beenie did work with for a moment.

Whitley?  He is ah big player?
Theobald?  Big player?
Gray?  ???
Sancho????
JAck???
Birchall???
Lawerence???
Cox???
Atiba charles???
wolfe???
Glenn???
Samuel???
Scotland???
Wise???
Spann????

Nah is de coach, bringing a sense of self belief, and a system that takes into account the limitations he ahs to work with.

is not about showing the players where they are presently..like what Wim does do, but rather, what they can become..ala Beenie.

Offline Rhythmwize

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Perhaps "The TTFF and Jack Warner has highly disappointed us with this team that they selected" would be a better choice of words.  They were in the game against ES and only lost to the USA 0-2, although that one could have been 0-4;  If its an embarrassment it would be an administrative one for failing to put the best available team in the Tournament.  Now, that is embarrassing!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yow look at what beenie did work with for a moment.

Whitley?  He is ah big player?
Theobald?  Big player?
Gray?  ???
Sancho????
JAck???
Birchall???
Lawerence???
Cox???
Atiba charles???
wolfe???
Glenn???
Samuel???
Scotland???
Wise???
Spann????

Nah is de coach, bringing a sense of self belief, and a system that takes into account the limitations he ahs to work with.

is not about showing the players where they are presently..like what Wim does do, but rather, what they can become..ala Beenie.

Nah man TT, I see where yuh comin' from but in all honesty, Beenie had much bigger players to work with. I eh sayin' he had big players, but Birchie, Edwards, Avery, Kenwyne, Yorke, Tallest, Sancho, even Scotland & Samuel would walk on this Gold Cup squad and make a significant difference off the bat.....doh tell meh ah lie.

I don't think that anyone would argue that Wim is as established, experienced or even as effective a coach as Beenie....Beenie is a general who has coached at the highest level, and some of the World's biggest teams incl. Holland & Real Madrid.......Wim's resume eh that large yet....but this team, despite their inadequacies is showing a degree of orgnanization (especially in the attacking midfield) that speaks of good coaching in my opinion. I eh writing off Wim just yet.....psychologicially too I think Wim is at a huge disadvantage to Beenie not having the front office fully supporting him....

Let's not do what we have often tended to do in the past which is to write off coaches before they have had a full opportunity to prove themselves. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

I hear yuh, loud and clear, but ah doh see what yuh talking about in de midfield.  i find we allow the opposition TOO MUCH TIME and SPACE in the middle and we get burn..in every game that i have seen teams under wim play.

I eh feel he ready.

granted he eh have de best to work with, but exactly where dem Cubans and Salvadorians playing again?

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hear yuh, loud and clear, but ah doh see what yuh talking about in de midfield.  i find we allow the opposition TOO MUCH TIME and SPACE in the middle and we get burn..in every game that i have seen teams under wim play.

I eh feel he ready.

granted he eh have de best to work with, but exactly where dem Cubans and Salvadorians playing again?

How did Beenie do in the last GC? Bro if you cant see the magnificence of Wim then we can discuss something else but not football. This man has taken a bunch of inexperienced not-quite-ready-for-primetime players and have them playing and matching teams who represent the best of their respective countries. True enuff we were outclassed by the US but look at the US roster and where these players play and you would see that even with the A squadf it would have been hard. But i feel we would have prevailed.

Is Wim responsible for the fitness of men coming off there season when they are playing day in and out for their repsective clubs. You are comparing the Cubans who have been together for years and the Salvadorians, who we outmatched but lost to them, with the inept planning and could-care-less attitude of the TTFF?

No Bro look somewhere else but not at Wim. I also saw that you had the temerity to compare Bertille to Wim. While you at it maybe you can compare Eric Williams to Craig from woodford square. Some people thought that Craig was an intellectual also.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Its sad that we dont have our best team on the field, but I view it as a win-win situation.   Its the Gold Cup and not WC Qualifications, hopefully these local players get some good experience from this tournament for when its time to play with the foreign based players once this jacklisting is over.  Its also a win becuase it shows TTFA that they WILL NOT reach anywhere with this poorly selected team.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:rotfl: :rotfl: Rythmwyze, welcome, and ah not trying tuh dis yuh in no way, but we here had tuh roll wid dat one, right now ah have 2 ah De Enterprise next tuh meh browsing de forum and dey rolling 2, dat was ah huge one Grskywalker. Rythmwyze, just tuh let yuh know, Grskwalker is one of de many pastors we have on de forum, their job is tuh baptise de new members, yuh just got completely baptised, welcome again. By de way ah like yuh attitude, yuh handle dat like a real tuff one, yuh next post, yuh act like nothing happen, ah like dat  :beermug:. Cuz it had members get baptised like dat before, and dey leave de forum and never post again. HIGHLY BLESSED.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:01:09 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Rhythmwize

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys and the baptism, ha ha!

I can take the heat and I had that one coming, thats for sure.

Anyway, back to the subject, when I was at the game Saturday a guy from Guatemala comes up to me and says..." Man, I really like your Goalie, he was super in the World Cup and I looking forward to seeing him today in the next game against USA"  I tell him, "he's not here today nor is most of the rest of the team, they had a dispute over money with the Federation and they bring another team"  He looks at me like WTF?  Even people from Central America disappointed the World Cup team didn't show.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile

Beenie had Yorke and Latas....they were the ones who got the team to carry out his instructions on the field, he said so himself. That is also why Wim want the experienced players to be mixed with this young one. You cah compare Beenie team to Wim team when u talking about the impact of the two most influential players we ever produced.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile

Beenie had Yorke and Latas....they were the ones who got the team to carry out his instructions on the field, he said so himself. That is also why Wim want the experienced players to be mixed with this young one. You cah compare Beenie team to Wim team when u talking about the impact of the two most influential players we ever produced.
Very well said :applause: :applause:
plus when you add up all the years of experience of our players who play outside TnT you have to agree that experience would have helped Leo's cause.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
i still want to know why it is jack warner and ttff have to pick the team, this decision should be the coaches and the coaches only.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
no body realize that Jack and the TTFF are communist. They can do what ever they want. Fans and Players should unite to revolt against them hurting tnt football.  I never see a tnt team as shitty as the one they sent to the gold cup.

Thank

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
stueps i still wating to see d protest they promise to do
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

who exactly? 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

who exactly? 

well big mag had was planning for something, but i never hear much talk from anyone after tht
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thank u kicker etc this team and Cyd and them different fromnite and day. they had Yorke around dem to learn from Denzil Yorke please
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

who exactly? 

well big mag had was planning for something, but i never hear much talk from anyone after tht

I wish i could land my foot in Trini. who down they tryna plan dat?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hey, thanks for the welcome guys and the baptism, ha ha!

I can take the heat and I had that one coming, thats for sure.

Anyway, back to the subject, when I was at the game Saturday a guy from Guatemala comes up to me and says..." Man, I really like your Goalie, he was super in the World Cup and I looking forward to seeing him today in the next game against USA"  I tell him, "he's not here today nor is most of the rest of the team, they had a dispute over money with the Federation and they bring another team"  He looks at me like WTF?  Even people from Central America disappointed the World Cup team didn't show.

MY BAD I was mad reading some of the threads and realising what a huge opportunity we missed by not having our World cup players then I see your post and nearly fall off the chair. I cool though so do take it seriously welcome! By the way yuh know we were at the World Cup right :devil: :devil:

1]; } ?>