March 29, 2024, 09:19:17 AM

Author Topic: Which Players Moving On  (Read 8699 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Which Players Moving On
« on: June 12, 2007, 10:16:16 PM »
Lemme hear allyuh on which of these guys will be retain with the big boys ?

My Picks : Jan Micheal Williams,Silvio Spann,Errol McFarlane,Denzil Theobald,Roberts,Trent Noel.

Ah like Toussaint,skillful,nice ball control but to much school ball.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Which Players Moving On
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
My picks: Jan(3rd string)...Augillera...Spann..Theobald..Kerry Baptiste...Glasgow...Roberts..McFarlane

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 10:29:05 PM »
Jan and Spann...maybe Roberts
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 10:32:44 PM »
My picks: Jan(3rd string)...Augillera...Spann..Theobald..Kerry Baptiste...Glasgow...Roberts..McFarlane

Glasgow? Nah breds.... All dat does come to mind when i see dat man is

I'll have the roast duck, with the mango salsa
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 11:11:01 PM »
I am very satisfied with the display tonight, especially given the fact that we played with 10 for 60 minutes.

My picks to stay with the senior team from this squad:

Jan Michael

Anthony Noreiga

Keyeno Thomas

Silvio Spann (was already dey)

Densill Theobald (was already dey)

Trent Noel

Errol McFarlane

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 04:45:36 AM »
I would add Andrei Pacheco to Jahyouths list, just my personal opinion on the potential he showed vs the USA.
His technique was one of the best on the team.
The Carl Hooper of T&T football.

All in all, the team showed some fight.

The game we lapse was El Salvador, we shoulda win that, but many things went against us in the earlies.

The US we will always struggle to beat in the US, and Guatemala is a competitive team always.

I would give the T&T team a bare pass mark, based mainly on last night's performance, and considering we were depleted with injuries, flight delays, etc etc.

It would have been a fantastic learning experience for lots of them guys.

I think in the  long run, it will benefit us.

You coulda see the team trying to play passing football and link the play from the back on a lot of occasions. Their technique, fitness and experience let them down a bit.

What we need now is to solve this dispute, keep some of these players and start mixing them and playing one international a month.

We also can't forget players like Benito, Telesford and Tinto who also stood out in January in the Caribbean Cup.

We have a decent stock to draw from.

The onus is now on the TTFF-FPATT impasse and also the coach and what he can do with the team he has at his disposal.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 04:52:32 AM »
You coulda see the team trying to play passing football and link the play from the back on a lot of occasions. Their technique, fitness and experience let them down a bit.
I agree with what you say, especialy this quote
but another thing we have to get the fellas to work on is to minimise the wild tackles. I dont know if they were frustrated or what but the wild tackles have to stop. No need to call names, as they know who I mean.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 06:38:10 AM »
jan,spann,theobald,roberts
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 06:38:58 AM »
I agree with what you say, especialy this quote
but another thing we have to get the fellas to work on is to minimise the wild tackles. I dont know if they were frustrated or what but the wild tackles have to stop. No need to call names, as they know who I mean.

This is why Keyeno Thomas is not on my list.He is strong and good in de air but overly aggressive instead of being smart.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 07:51:39 AM »

:rotfl: allyuh brutal yes
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 08:01:53 AM »
I guess I am alone in this but I like Toussaint flair, I think after some time working with the senior team he could develop into a valuable sub.  This team to me showed a bit more willingness to take on the opposition just more often than not their skill level was not up to their intentions, kinda like me on Sundays when i does try meh lil flick pass and ting.
I like Roberts, Spann, Pacheo and even Thomas he is a bruiser and we need that kinda toughness in the D, the right coaching will teach him how to harness it.
Theobald could go as far as I am concerned!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:07 AM »
Trent Noel
Aguilera
Wolfe
Roberts

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 08:49:08 AM »
ah blacker trent noel
ah fit silvio spann
ah stronger toussaint
ah theobald wit bracers

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »
Lemme hear allyuh on which of these guys will be retain with the big boys ?

My Picks : Jan Micheal Williams,Silvio Spann,Errol McFarlane,Denzil Theobald,Roberts,Trent Noel.

Ah like Toussaint,skillful,nice ball control but to much school ball.

I agree with all this, except that Williams should be behind T. Warner, that is, if he (Warner) ever plays with us again.

As for Toussaint he needs to hit the weight room (Theobald too). And permanently stay as mid or attacking midfielder. (That would be after he learns how to kick a proper through ball)

As far as Spann goes, someone should fork up the cash so he could go see Ronaldo's doctor...or apothecary...or whoever has Ronaldo playing so well on those bad knees. ;)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 10:14:16 AM »

De funniest shit I have seen on here in a long time!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »

Yuh see allyuh, allyuh ent easy, lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

ah love it!!

roberts, theobald, spann, jan williams............full stop!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »
Williams, Spann (once he is fit) and Roberts for sure. I would continue to work with the rest except Glasgow and Powers. Glasgow just doesn't have what it takes, and for all his effort and his mistakes Powers isn't smart enough to handle international football.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 11:41:41 AM »
Williams, Spann, Theobald, G. Wolfe, Aguilera, C. Baptiste, Roberts

i find many people not including Wolfe. but when I look at our left back situation, he looks like a clear choice to be given more experience. he better than Powers at LB, and perhaps better than Nigel Daniel as well.

also added C. Baptiste because of our lack of left midfielders. his crosses needed to improve but he was looking to get the ball in early, which is something I didnt see much of from Pacheco.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 11:48:13 AM »
Jan Michael, Spann, Roberts, Theobold, Noel

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »
How old is Toussaint?
You cah discard him yet man. The boy have touches.  I see him rip 3 men last night in one play and get foul. We definitely need more dribblers on the squad because in the last 3 years or so this seems to be a quality we have lacked.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 02:48:59 PM »
How old is Toussaint?
You cah discard him yet man. The boy have touches.  I see him rip 3 men last night in one play and get foul. We definitely need more dribblers on the squad because in the last 3 years or so this seems to be a quality we have lacked.

Typical trini mentality once ah man could spanner and galavant he good to go...I would have liked  him to bury the sitter that he had.
He is not definitely not a striker, maybe he should be placed in the  attacking midfielder role to see how he fears. But as a forward he won't be able to cut it at the international level.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 02:54:31 PM »
Men can't be serious if they putting Theobald in front of Toussaint. For all the experience and exposure Theobald have had, he still nowhere when compared technically, tactically and physically to Toussaint.

Toussaint should be the one at the forefront of the list when adding players to full senior squad. I believe it would make more sense to give him the opportunities being given to Theobald who has shown he is incapable of being forceful and stepping up in the big games.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 03:02:06 PM »

« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:48:59 PM »
Quote from: Marcos on Today at 02:02:50 PM
How old is Toussaint?
Typical trini mentality once ah man could spanner and galavant he good to go...I would have liked  him to bury the sitter that he had.
He is not definitely not a striker, maybe he should be placed in the  attacking midfielder role to see how he fears. But as a forward he won't be able to cut it at the international level.
    x   

Toussaint was the only player who had a consistent positive first touch on the ball. He held the ball well, was strong, showed great individual ability o the ball, his choices in when to dribble or hold up the ball was great. Overall he was the best outfield performer. You have to look at what he was working with. The midfield was not working hard to get themselves into spaces to receive the ball early that the play can continue forward.

The guy is good and with continued belief in him by the staff will cause him to get much better.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 03:17:14 PM »
How old is Toussaint?
You cah discard him yet man. The boy have touches. I see him rip 3 men last night in one play and get foul. We definitely need more dribblers on the squad because in the last 3 years or so this seems to be a quality we have lacked.

Typical trini mentality once ah man could spanner and galavant he good to go...I would have liked him to bury the sitter that he had.
He is not definitely not a striker, maybe he should be placed in the attacking midfielder role to see how he fears. But as a forward he won't be able to cut it at the international level.

I agree to an extent I think he has alot of growing to do and he should do it in a mid field position.

On a second note some co workers this morning reminded me that a lot of the senior members on the world cup team will be "past their prime" come 2010.
One even suggested that we stay with this team until then and forget about the rest. I strongly disagree with that.

I had to remind him about men like Birchall and Kenwyn Jones that are still young.

He changed his tune. So my question is - maybe Tallman could give me the stats  :)

What are their current ages?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 03:24:53 PM »

Brutal  :devil:

ah wonder if he could get ah insurance endorsement too
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 03:30:18 PM »

« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:48:59 PM »
Quote from: Marcos on Today at 02:02:50 PM
How old is Toussaint?
    x   

Toussaint was the only player who had a consistent positive first touch on the ball. He held the ball well, was strong, showed great individual ability o the ball, his choices in when to dribble or hold up the ball was great. Overall he was the best outfield performer. You have to look at what he was working with. The midfield was not working hard to get themselves into spaces to receive the ball early that the play can continue forward.

The guy is good and with continued belief in him by the staff will cause him to get much better.

Strong and Toussaint should not be used in the same sentence. Have a look at all the games again and you will see that is easily pounced off the ball. I agree  that he is a good dribbler, but I don't think that he has what it takes to be a successful forward at the international level. Maybe an alternate option is in a 3:5:2 set up he can be used as the attacking midfielder.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »
I only see up to the US game.  Will watch de Guat game tonite.

Based on what I've seen so far...players from this team who can be part of a 22 man squad for training provided the FULL national team available

Jan Michael Williams
Seon Power
Silvio Spann (although to be honest....his performances in this tournament other than from dead balls haven't exactly been stellar)
Andrei Pacheco
Densil Theobald
Darryl Roberts
Kerry Baptiste

I notice a lot of people talkin about Toussaint.  If Toussaint playin as a STRIKER.....FOR ME....no way he could get call ahead of Kenwyne Jones, Darryl Roberts, Jason Scotland, Stern John or Hector Sam.  It have small stature strikers who strong and doh get bounce off de ball easy.  De slightest touch and Toussaint outta it.  Dat cyah wuk in international football.

Looking forward to seeing Trent Noel, Errol McFarlane, and Glenton Wolfe in action tonite.  Never seen any of them before.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
I only see up to the US game.  Will watch de Guat game tonite.

Based on what I've seen so far...players from this team who can be part of a 22 man squad for training provided the FULL national team available

Jan Michael Williams
Seon Power
Silvio Spann (although to be honest....his performances in this tournament other than from dead balls haven't exactly been stellar)
Andrei Pacheco
Densil Theobald
Darryl Roberts
Kerry Baptiste

I notice a lot of people talkin about Toussaint.  If Toussaint playin as a STRIKER.....FOR ME....no way he could get call ahead of Kenwyne Jones, Darryl Roberts, Jason Scotland, Stern John or Hector Sam.  It have small stature strikers who strong and doh get bounce off de ball easy.  De slightest touch and Toussaint outta it.  Dat cyah wuk in international football.

Looking forward to seeing Trent Noel, Errol McFarlane, and Glenton Wolfe in action tonite.  Never seen any of them before.

'los after yuh watch the Guat game, some of these players may not make your list.
Spot on about Toussaint. He and Hardest go fight it out for de attacking midfield role...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 03:49:18 PM »

What are their current ages?

http://www.terra.com/deportes/articulo/html/fox385009.htm
FINAL ROSTER

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

Name Pos. D.O.B. Club
Romauld Aguillera MD 07.02.1979 United Petrotrin 
Christon Baptiste MD 25.01.1980 Defence Force 
Kerry Baptiste MD 01.12.1981 Joe Public FC 
Keon Daniel  MD 16.01.1987 United Petrotrin 
Gary Glasgow AT 13.05.1976 Joe Public FC 
Dwayne Jack DF 19.01.1980 San Juan Jabloteh 
Kendall Jagdeosingh AT 30.05.1986 North East Stars 
Kerwyn Jemmott  MD 24.08.1978 Superstar Rangers 
Errol McFarlane  AT 12.10.1977 Superstar Rangers 
Thomas Nickcolson DF 21.03.1982 W Connection FC 
Anthony Noreiga DF 15.01.1982 Joe Public FC 
Trent Noel DF 14.01.1976 San Juan Jabloteh 
Marvin Phillip GK 01.08.1984 North East Stars 
Seon Power DF 02.02.1984 Joe Public FC 
Darryl Roberts AT 26.09.1983 Sparta Rotterdam/NED 
Silvio Spann MD 21.08.1981 W Connection FC 
Densill Theobald  MD 27.06.1982 Caledonia AIA 
Keyeno Thomas DF 29.12.1977 Joe Public FC 
Andre Toussaint AT 26.08.1981 W Connection FC 
Daurance Williams GK 13.05.1983 San Juan Jabloteh 
Jan Michael Williams GK 26.10.1984 W Connection FC 
Glenton Wolffe DF 30.12.1981 North East Stars 
TD: : Wilhelmus Rijsbergen   
Assistant Coach: Jan Van Deinsen   

Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 03:55:17 PM »
I go probly get real talk for this, but I never was, and still am not sold on Densill Theobald. I find he is overrated and did nothing in the Gold Cup. To me, at international level he is nothing more than a squad player. I feel on some level he head swell with all the talk about how he is the experienced and best player on the team. He certainly didnt play like that tho. He disappoints me most of the times that I see him play. Daz just me tho....I hope he cud prove me wrong but I haven't seen anything so far to suggest that he as good as ppl claim
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

1]; } ?>