April 27, 2024, 10:20:56 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Guatemala Remarks Thread.  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
T&T vs Guatemala Remarks Thread.
« on: June 13, 2007, 05:10:15 AM »
Quick thing fellas, I'm off to work now. Once our players fit I believe we will do well, we must go to tournaments well prepared and this is one of our major down falls. Had this team been fit we might have made it to the second rounds. The team showed some fight today but still have some work to do and the TTFF needs to be better organised. T&T also need to start playing as a team and working harder off the ball. When we can get a few strings of successful passes it will help. And our defence much learn to pass also.....

The good thing about this is, we now have some added depth should the blacklisted players come back. Still would have liked to see Daniel and Jagdeosingh got some time on the field though. If we get two, three or four good players from this tour then thats not bad and I am sure we did...

We took a Pro League 11 and didn't look out matched by El Salvador and Guatemala in a major tournament and both teams played their full team. USA was technically better, but if T&T was fit, we could have broken them down with that squad they put on the field to play us.

Jan Michael Williams - Great Game

Power Seon - Again, I am not impress with this player, running alone cant help him. He was the worst T&T player again on the field. Poor technical ability and he makes to many mistakes, as Beenhakker said, the less mistakes the better your chances is to win.

Christon Baptiste - Did better today.

Keyeno Thomas - played heart and soul but look tired.

Glenton Wolfe - about time we get a fast-ish defender, I believe we can develop Wolfe into a decent left back.

Trent Noel - Boss game, I was impress with Noel, I think Aguillera just lost his place on the team. This is why we need to play a lot of games, it will reveal many things.

Silvio Spann - Didn't play to well, hope he gets fit fast.

Kerry Baptiste - much better game than his last one.

Densill Theobald - much better game, need to eat some fatining food though.

Gary Glasgow - much better game, I watched him carefully, he does make some runs that helps

Errol McFarlane -Thank you, yuh save de day, again. You started the journey in 2005 and you still there.

Andre Toussaint - nice techniques, need to be a bit more composed on the ball, but decent player. Should have scored that clear chance he had though.

Darrly Roberts - hard worker and did well. But T&T has a problem, our forward have to wait until they reach in the box to shoot.... shoot de blasted ball man...

Can anyone comment on Dwayne Jack as I didn't see what happened. I went to take ah shit and miss that part.

Anthony Noreiga - get well soon, T&T needs you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 06:04:35 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Guatemala Remarks Thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:15:59 AM »
Good report, and with regards to your comment about Keyeno, I wonder if that Hard fall slowed him down at all?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 05:53:19 AM »
i know there is a general fitness problem in the team eh but there was somtin i found very upsettin...we needed goals and time was runnin out so i think the natural thing to do was hurry things up if not the guatemalans wit the ball at least we coulda show some kinda intensity goin forward to get the goals wich we needed..in d last ten minutes jan michael playin as if its the first 10...jan wen the ball comes to u get it back up as soon as possible doh hold on an toy wit d striker...with the throw ins and the lazy knocks we showed we aint relly interested...yuh score ah goal good 4 u but take d ball out d net and put it back in d centre doh waste time congratulatin..by d man ah lager after d game...

i dunno daz jus me i thought t was obvious

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:13:17 AM »
i know there is a general fitness problem in the team eh but there was somtin i found very upsettin...we needed goals and time was runnin out so i think the natural thing to do was hurry things up if not the guatemalans wit the ball at least we coulda show some kinda intensity goin forward to get the goals wich we needed..in d last ten minutes jan michael playin as if its the first 10...jan wen the ball comes to u get it back up as soon as possible doh hold on an toy wit d striker...with the throw ins and the lazy knocks we showed we aint relly interested...yuh score ah goal good 4 u but take d ball out d net and put it back in d centre doh waste time congratulatin..by d man ah lager after d game...

i dunno daz jus me i thought t was obvious

breds..I was real vex with jan too. The man laylay on the ball every time he got it. 5 minutes to go and he walking with the ball at his feet. then again..I couldn't see what he was seeing. I not condoning rushing his kicks and losing the ball but there seemed to be no urgency and it was frustrating to watch....he had a boss game tho'

Trent Noel and Aguilera deserve to remain part of Wim plans...T&T has 2 reliable ball winners in the local ranks.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:39:11 AM »
Can anyone comment on Dwayne Jack as I didn't see what happened. I went to take ah shit and miss that part.

Totally unnecessary, i really doh know why the other players on the team were patting him on the back like if he was the vicitm. Blatant elbow and cost us the game cause Spann had to fall back.

And I think Spann shoulda stay on, bun or not, just for his set pieces. This was do or die...men had to go the extra mile, not a question of saving him for later on.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:44:12 AM »
Yuh mad, leave on Span?

the man was so bun he couldnt even think.

Why u think his free kicks and corners were not impressive yesterday?

I agree on Power too, heart alone dont cut it at this level.

If everybody on T&T team had his heart, we set.

Give him some time to develop further and lets see him in the future....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »
Seon Power reminding of 2001 when Cyd Gray bus on de scene....

Lewee hope he doh take 5 years to come good...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:02:50 AM »

very good comparison.  However, Cyd Grey was strong defensively (apart from the kneel down header that set up a goal), while Power is making mistakes both in defense and going forward.

Why keep this guy around when he struggled so mightily in all three games?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:08:04 AM »
That was a real good second half in terms of entertainment.
We real attackin and Guat hittin we on de counter.

Real poor crosses from the right until Baptiste finally sent a good one and bury de header.

We had Guat against the ropes in the last 25 mins or so.
When Ruiz toepee de ball ah real feel it.
Admirably we pick up ourselves and got on with it.

Noel had a couple shots that were miles off target.
Ah guess it was tiredness but yuh have to put those on target.
Theobald was real battlin men for the ball with his small frame and winning it too.
Roberts shake two men and send it through for McFarlane but it was too heavy.
We have to get those right.

Good performance by the inexperienced, unfit, ten-man T&T.

On the flip side coming into this tournament I expected us to get points off of El Salvador and Gautemala.
Qualification from this group is not that difficult.

I forgot to mention the Telefutura commentators' favourite, Jan Michael Williams.
When Ruiz hit Power a stink body shake, Jan come out real fast and block.
Good game.  If he work on when to hold and when to punch he will improve.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:28:32 AM by Peong »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 08:10:18 AM »
last night
- better passing
- better ball control
- better ball movement
- better off the ball movement

the side improved each game. keep them together and they could be a caribbean power again. need the likes of jones, scotland, samuel, birchall, ince, jack, sancho to get results vs. central & north american sides.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 08:41:03 AM »
I agree with most comments.  I really find the boys played admirably last night.  Jack shoulda use he head in that tackle, cause the Guatemalan player wasn't causing no serious threat on the goal at the time, plus he (Jack) had already seemingly won the battle for the ball.  The elbow wasn't a soft one by any means, but allyuh eh see how that man start to roll and beat up like a cavali ?  The man milk that play for all he worth....and as soon as the card show, he get up with a half smile on he face.

By the way, we have a new coach...GLENTON RISBERGEN...or Wim change he name  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
allyuh see da secret burners theobald giv ah man while dey was on d ground?...play ah d game fuh me...i rel bill it..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 09:39:41 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 09:47:14 AM »
Thanks Tallman... Dwayne Jack is an ass.

Cyd Gray was faster, more determin, better recovery time and better crossing ability, something to work with. But Power have nothing much except for some fight. Power is a casualty waiting to happen. He getting leave out by his marker with ease. No way he should be on the current T&T team. He winning de ball sometimes and just giving it away one time.... time after time, again and again... ever Derek King was better.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
ah watch de game with a breds who use to play U-15 ball for TnT and get totally turned off  by Jack's promises to them back then, bout keeping de team together, blah, blah, blah. he is ah man admire meh for meh undying support for the SocaWarriors...anyway yuh boy dey wearing he twist-neck adidas jersey hoping for a good/better/halfway-decent showing from de fellahs....to make a long story short, dread, Guatemala is a SH*t, SH&T, SH%T, TEAM!!!!!!! me eh even have to continue, but i will, Jack? Idiot!! Mr. Powers? dis fellah deserve he own thread sah, yuh eh see dat RED-CARD tackle de man put down after we done down ah man? the ref feel sorry for we. If I was a coach scouting talent Jan woulda be the ONLY man that mighta make me want to take a second look. Again Guatemala is one of the worst teams ah ever see playing international football!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 09:49:45 AM »
I still doh understand why he was so rough on de man?......nerves or over-excitement?
or maybe the PFL does play so?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 09:57:25 AM »
i dont think jack deserved a red card. shouldve been a yellow. i mean cmon its not like he meant to elbow de guy (wasnt even a hard lash) he was trying to shield him. sh*t happens.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 10:01:56 AM »

very good comparison.  However, Cyd Grey was strong defensively (apart from the kneel down header that set up a goal), while Power is making mistakes both in defense and going forward.

He reminds me of a fresh Carlos Edwards, who ah lot of ppl was wasting as well, and look how he turned out

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
IF he have de proper attitude....Seon Power will be a STAR on dis team in 3 years.  Maybe less.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:29:48 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 10:38:15 AM »
Just for the record, Seon Power gave one of the worst performances i have ever seen from a national player.

His tackling was atrocious, and his marking was non existent.  His passing was poor and his ball control was suspect.

He played kinda like me!! lol

Jan Williams was very impressive!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 10:54:43 AM »
I did not see the match so all I have is that picture in this thread. From the picture it looks like an attempt to sheild the ball. Obviously a video clip will be a lot more conclusive though.

Now that this is over, had we been able to take our best team how far do you think we'd have reached in the tournament?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
Seon Power had de tackle of de game in the first half when he break a man in half by de corner flag.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 10:58:43 AM »
Enjoyed the game. Nice to see old faces(Frankfurt frew) and Mannheim crew. Here are some pics

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ttcom/album?.dir=/b558re2&urlhint=actn,ren%3as,1%3af,0
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 10:59:19 AM »
I did not see the match so all I have is that picture in this thread. From the picture it looks like an attempt to sheild the ball. Obviously a video clip will be a lot more conclusive though.

Now that this is over, had we been able to take our best team how far do you think we'd have reached in the tournament?

we would have beat ES and Guat easy and possibly given the US a run
we would have finished 1 or 2nd in our group easy based on the result of the US match
I say that team could have made the semi easy

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 11:09:52 AM »

...and de dropkick he give the Costarican  ;D  but Cyd has come a long way since den(de right coaching can do wonders) so hope springs eternal for some of these young warriors.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
Sam I like the players you choose, but I would add Toussaint to that list.. He  just need some guidance and experience.
Well it was good bouncing up some of the crew... KND,TTCOM, TI and Tallman....Hardluck they Tongue, next time....

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 02:18:42 PM »
Great games by TNT.  Although outclassed in the tournament, they showed the true fighting  spirit of the Soca Warriors in a gritty performance and gave hope fr the future of TT football. We owned the second half.

Toussaint -  a good player and very skillfull.  I think he is playing out of position.  He seems more like a playmaker and attacking midfielder than a striker.  Missed too many easy opportunities.  Does not possess the deadly striker mentality.  Not strong enough to cope with the powerful international defenders
Dwayne Jack - a good player overall.  Stupid foul. needed to be tossed as he elbowed to the head rather than the chest
Trent Noel - good workhorse.  Surprising he is already 31.  May have lost his opportunity. Looks like 21.  Useful for 2010.
Silvio Spann -  hard worker. must get and stay fit.  Needed if only for his set plays.  Was dog tired last night.
Densil "Bleeder"  -  showed why he made the WC team and held Beckham.  Works really hard.
McFarlane - get fit.  With his size he can be a torment for most defenders.
Jan Michael-Williams - best performance of the team.  Saved us from the ultimate embarrassment: 0 points, 10 goals against.

It is time to tell Glasgow thanks but no thanks.  We have enough great and promising strikers.
Young players like Kerry Baptiste, Keon Daniel, Darryl Roberts, and Anthony Noriega need more opportunities against top class opposition to become the great players they can be.  Must keep them in the mix over the next two years.

General comments:
1.  FIFA needs to change rules as follows:  "A player who leaves the field for an injury must remain offthe field for at least 5 minutes. If a player is hurt that he cannot continue then he can be replaced without penalty."   I am tired of all these fake injuries and rolling and writhing on the ground when nothing is wrong. Simply disgraceful.
2.  TT players need to sprint back on the counterattack and give defensive help.  Too much jogging and standing and hoping.  But maybe that is a sign of lack of fitness.

If,I hope and pray, this impasse is resol;ved soon, the best of the overseas players coupled with several of the homebased players and a strong friendly International schedule, we will surely be in South Africa in 2010, but I fear keeping my homes up.  Jack Warner being the vindictive person he is reputed to be is probably  satisfied with our 2006 visit to the WC and will continue to demand absolute obedience by the idiotic yes-men that govern our football.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »
Ok SAM I have to disagree with you on a few points
Seon Power - many mistakes but he fights and based on what we have to work with I can't ask for more until he develops with time

Spann - just not fit enough

Toussaint- Now all yuh could cuss me as much as all yuh want but he have a long way to go. Plenty pretty ball and losing it at the most crucial time. I saw it now in both games, he is out of his element with a defense that comes out for him. SAM that goal you say he throw away he could not have scored it any way and was  selfish not to just square it to GLASGOW who would have just had to tap it in e.g. DONOVAN to Eddie Johnson, same angle different result. Toussaint would be deadly if he were stronger becuse he gets bounced around easily which makes all the drbbling skill ineffective

Glasgow-
Good hustler but little imagination when he in front of goal. Needs confidence and fitness

McFarlane- Very good in the air and made the difference in the dregs, but I  fear he is not a 90 min man or even a full 45

Theobold- Always puts in his work but the man need MUSCLE!!!! Some of them close up shots and the man was looking gaunt and crazy looking. I suspect that is why he is not overseas, them clubs need some beefed up hard running men

Dwayne Jack - oh lord that was a piece of shit boy. Nerves or just plain stupid allyuh take yuh pick

Overall it was a joy to watch the game because we fought hard and were down 10 men so a very commendable performance against another shit side! Our runs and interpassing were a little better but nobody would shoot the blasted ball and that was very frustrating! Trent was a boss on them dead balls, well done! Toussaint is look like a baby out there and would have to do some serious weights if he want to run with men from Eruope who would run him down like a bulldozer.

SO TO CELEBRATE OUR ONE YEAR WORLD CUP ANNIVERSARY, WE GO OUT OF ANOTHER TOURNAMENT AFTER THE FIRST ROUND TWO LOSSES A DRAW AND ONE POINT  >:( >:( >:(

« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:51:40 PM by grskywalker »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »
Sean Power is that that much of a shit hound

he does lack technical ability in terms of passing when under pressure and sometimes his tactical decision are a bit suspect.

but he is there to defend not create chances

His fitness and speed helps our defense

and let us not forget that he made the sprint down the line and delivered the cross in injury time that Mc farlane could have finished.

Like another poster said he is a youger cyd grey and cyd was a big asset to the team.

"It takes all types to build a team" Quote from Gary Neville

Sean Power gives us something that few of our defenders have, courage and zess.

you need men who will to eat the same beats over and over because if you only put pretty men on the side like Spann these men will stand up and not stick a foot because they fraid to get shake.

Power taking shake whole day but he aint shame he keep on coming, That is what we need.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »

Spann - just not fit enough. Hope he gets fit soon because time is running out on him. We don't need a player whose sole purpose is to kick free kicks and is exhausted  after 45 mins.

Toussaint- Now all yuh could cuss me as much as all yuh want but he have a long way to go. Plenty pretty ball and losing it at the most crucial time. I saw it now in both games, he is out of his element with a defense that comes out for him. SAM that goal you say he throw away he could not have scored it any way and was  selfish not to just square it to GLASGOW who would have just had to tap it in e.g. DONOVAN to Eddie Johnson, same angle different result. Toussaint would be deadly if he were stronger because he gets bounced around easily which makes all the dribbling skill ineffective. I agree with you here, other than the ineffective dribbling and poor shooting, he adds nothing to the forward position. Maybe he can be used as a attacking midfielder. Oh and he has to hit the weights.

Glasgow- Good hustler but little imagination when he in front of goal. Needs confidence and fitness. What he needs to do is work on his composure. He has been in and out of the national set up for awhile and nothing in his game has changed.

McFarlane- Very good in the air and made the difference in the dregs, but I  fear he is not a 90 min man or even a full 45. With another mobile forward playing alongside him, the team will reap great rewards.

Theobold- Always puts in his work but the man need MUSCLE!!!! Some of them close up shots and the man was looking gaunt and crazy looking. I suspect that is why he is not overseas, them clubs need some beefed up hard running men. He too needs to hit the weights. All of his passes are telegraphed.

Dwayne Jack - oh lord that was a piece of shit boy. Nerves or just plain stupid allyuh take yuh pick. He will learn from this mistake

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

1]; } ?>