April 25, 2024, 05:02:41 AM

Author Topic: How far dis thing going??  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
How far dis thing going??
« on: June 13, 2007, 06:24:41 AM »
I jus wondering what de hell going on here, check dis out WN

Mark wants probe into PM's son

Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Wednesday, June 13th 2007

Government has denied a claim by Opposition Senator Wade Mark that Bryan Manning, son of Prime Minister Patrick Manning, has been granted some $4 million to start a basketball team.

Mark is calling for an enquiry into a number of cases which he claims reek of corruption when he spoke during his contribution to the Finance (Supplementary) Appropriation Bill 2007 at the Senate sitting at the Red House.

As he quoted from the Government's financial documents Mark questioned how was it possible for Cabinet to grant Manning's son $3.9 million to start a basketball company called the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League Limited.

He said he tried in vain to find information from the Registrar General's office on this company as there was none even though it was given a licence by the Basketball Federation.

"We want an investigation into $3.9 million that is being granted to the son of the Prime Minister to start a basketball team," he said.

Energy Minister Dr Lenny Saith in defence said that Mark was mistaken and money was paid to the pro football team and the Football Federation.  

So I jus wondering where dis 3.9m gone now ??? ??? ??? ???
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

truetrini

Re: How far dis thing going??
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 06:29:31 AM »
steups mark playing politics fella.  Is an election year, and de hunt for votes on.

Expect de PNM to come up with nonsense too, and maybe some opposition members integrity being calleb in question.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 06:44:05 AM »
steups mark playing politics fella.  Is an election year, and de hunt for votes on.

Expect de PNM to come up with nonsense too, and maybe some opposition members integrity being calleb in question.

TT I doh really care what mud dem men sling but I do care dat the statement was made that part of de money went to de TTFF dias all.   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:  Just another thing dat no body really know bout and jus so it come out

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 06:47:29 AM »
maybe the reporter did not proof read his own article and it should have read Basketball federation
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:29:05 AM »
basketball federation?

mark maybe guessing.  The money probably was fuh salaries ....but who knows?

Our press is notoriously sloppy and the politics...well dat is pure f**keries

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 07:33:56 AM »
basketball federation?

mark maybe guessing.  The money probably was fuh salaries ....but who knows?

Our press is notoriously sloppy and the politics...well dat is pure f**keries

I guess, I jus bitter bout de GC and how we play.  I jus have to remember dat dem men play dey heart out and dey gain some experience outta big games.  Big up to de Warriors,  but wey de money gone  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »
Dr. Strange, what you read was only part of the story....

Lenny Saith further went on to say that they gave 3 million to the PFL and 13 million to the TTFF.  He mentioned too (and I paraphrasing here) that Mark should have known better because UNC's own Jack Warner is head of the TTFF and he also has a team..Joe Public...in the PFL.

Manning's son later responded to the media by saying that they APPLIED for 3 million, to start up a professional Basketball League.  They still awaiting word as to whether the money will be granted, and that the money was supposed to be used over a three year period, not from September to November this year as Mark was implying. 
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 09:39:14 AM »

Lenny Saith further went on to say that they gave 3 million to the PFL and 13 million to the TTFF.  He mentioned too (and I paraphrasing here) that Mark should have known better because UNC's own Jack Warner is head of the TTFF and he also has a team..Joe Public...in the PFL.

Manning's son later responded to the media by saying that they APPLIED for 3 million, to start up a professional Basketball League.  They still awaiting word as to whether the money will be granted, and that the money was supposed to be used over a three year period, not from September to November this year as Mark was implying.  
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 11:03:42 AM »

Lenny Saith further went on to say that they gave 3 million to the PFL and 13 million to the TTFF.  He mentioned too (and I paraphrasing here) that Mark should have known better because UNC's own Jack Warner is head of the TTFF and he also has a team..Joe Public...in the PFL.

Manning's son later responded to the media by saying that they APPLIED for 3 million, to start up a professional Basketball League.  They still awaiting word as to whether the money will be granted, and that the money was supposed to be used over a three year period, not from September to November this year as Mark was implying. 

Oh so dey didn't get de money??  In any case I was jus showin how de TTFF getting coin from all over and dey still cah account for it.  In de end I hope things work out for we warriors and fans. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 07:01:14 PM »
3 million 4 a basket ball league 13 million to the TTFF reallllllll money sharing and Jack pocketing all of it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 09:03:54 PM »
This thing about the basketball league real old though....might even be from last year.  I doh see why they mention football since is the same basketball story they following up on.  Probably just to bring JW into it.  politricks from all sides

1]; } ?>