March 29, 2024, 05:27:07 AM

Author Topic: Call him Glenton or Whim,...I say keep him  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Call him Glenton or Whim,...I say keep him
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:58 AM »
People talkin about which players need to move on and which players ned to buss-it, but I want to make a point about Glenton, ah mean Whim, or whatever he name is.

I think this coach should stay on, we should try to keep this 'X-Clockwork Orangeman" around our national set-up for some more time.

As other posters have said, although performing shaky at times, this so-called "B-Team" have actually given credible results as compared to past Soca Warriors Gold-Cup performances (not including that Semis-final finish).

Props must be given to the T&T Pro league for continuing to develop talent (remember we once did not have a proleague), and the present technical staff; yes fitness was lacking and we only salvaged one point from the whole ordeal, but what a tremendous experience for the journeymen, and we surely witnessed some improvments from some players who are now loudly knocking on the door for frequent selection.

In international soccer as we all know a coach must accept credit and blame for the team's selection and performance, and I think Whim and company have did very well considering what hand he was dealth.

Some were expecting total embarassment, (remember Guatemala 5 vs TNT 1), but instead we had glimpses of maturity, and even genius, not to mention guts.

So I say keep Whim, or is it Glenton.......?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:56:00 AM by nigelfabien »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Call him Glenton or Whim,...I say keep him
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:24:18 AM »
Hmmm well Fabio you know I'm not a huge fan of Whim but I can't fight down yuh logic so for the time being Ill agree with yuh for now still not sold on whim I guess I might be unfairly comparing him to beenie because to me beenie's impact was at a remarkably faster rate ...perhaps whim's ascent has to be at a slower rate in any event he does seem to be working hard with the boys so Ill support it for now....still not sold tho still not sold on him
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:40:41 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:41 AM »
I could call him Ozymandias (that would fit Jack better), but I would try and spell it correctly...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »
Hmmm well Fabio you know I'm not a huge fan of Whim but I can't fight down yuh logic so for the time being Ill agree with yuh for now still not sold on whim I guess I might be unfairly comparing him to beenie because to me beenie's impact was at a remarkably faster rate ...perhaps whim's ascent has to be at a slower rate in any event he does seem to be working hard with the boys so Ill support it for now....still not sold tho still not sold on him

I could understand where the skeptism coming from.  I heard arguments to the effect that Whim never coach no national team before, so he had no real credentials in that area to be given the job in first place.  But anyway, he get the wuk and doing a decent job considering what he have to work with (and I'm casting no aspersions on the current players).  Beenie had a faster impact probably becuase he was dealing with seasoned pros rather than this youthful PFL side.
Let we give him a chance and see what go happen if and when the 'big guns' rejoin the squad.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:12:55 AM »
If anyone is wondering whether or not we should keep Mr.Wilhelmus Rijsbergen as coach, ask yourself: would any other coach (that T&T even has a chance of hiring) have done as well as he did with this set of players, especially given the set of circumstances he has faced in this tournament? (including injury, fatigue, unfit players, the surrounding controversy, immigration issues, red cards, and inexperience in major competition)

We should absolutely keep Wim...  It's obvious that he and staff have real skill as coaches, and it's also obvious that he hasn't been given a fair shake from his employers. Honestly, with the set of b.s. he's had to deal with as coach, I'm not wondering right now if we should keep him as T&T's coach, but rather if he'll keep T&T as his team.

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 11:45:10 AM »
I say we keep him ....and when we half way thru the WC qualifiers...and we are 0-5.....we call back Leo

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »
Yeah I say we keep the faith in Glenton....Whim...Wim
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 12:00:17 PM »
Man doing a fine job with what he has.
As I said before, last night's performance, while not perfect, was gutsy and inspired. Positionally we always looked to be in the right places and I think the coach can take a good bit of the credit for that.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »
I say we keep him ....and when we half way thru the WC qualifiers...and we are 0-5.....we call back Leo

Check this..... :busshead:
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 12:13:44 PM »
Keep Whim.  He has left me ruing what could have been, had he been given rightful access to the full player pool for the GOld Cup.  My positives from this tournament, not putting down our Central American counterparts, is that we definitely coulf roll over them come WC qualifying, provided that we have a full team.  The worry to me, is ensuring that we come out of the Caribbean zone, because that seems to be the region of Concacaf, that is making the fastest improvement.  This zone getting ticklish, and if we take the early stages of South Africa 2010 lightly, we could be looking on like Jamaica did at this year's Gold Cup.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 12:18:10 PM »
All in all Wim has done a decent job with the C-squad.

If this was Beenhakker or another coach with similar credentials producing the same results, we prob woulda admire them for that and say yes, is experience talking.

Perhaps the fairest way to critique Wim is when/if he actually coaches our A-team over a few games, maybe crucial games too, because they are the best we have, he is the coach we have and the stakes are important.

We will always wonder about the "what if's" of this Gold Cup had we had our A-team under Wim.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:32:25 PM »
If this was Beenhakker........

Well.....if it was Beenie, he WOULDN'T be here.  He woulda ride out long time and tell Jack to stick it.

In my opinion...T&T is VERY FORTUNATE to have a coach of the calibre of Wim Rijsbergen in their ranks.  Talk to any of the WC players and they'll tell you who the "brains" behind the Soca Warriors coaching was.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 01:21:33 PM »
If this was Beenhakker........

Well.....if it was Beenie, he WOULDN'T be here.  He woulda ride out long time and tell Jack to stick it.

In my opinion...T&T is VERY FORTUNATE to have a coach of the calibre of Wim Rijsbergen in their ranks.  Talk to any of the WC players and they'll tell you who the "brains" behind the Soca Warriors coaching was.

Was about to say the same thing...people riding on Beenie's jock as if Wim didn't play a part in his success.....Every knowledgeable football fan knows that at the highest level, behind every good coach is often a good assistant...

I doubt that Wim knows anything less than Beenie in terms of what needs to happen on the field- where he might lag behind his predecessor is in the area of charisma, poise, motivation etc,....qualities of a coach that extend beyond what is blatantly clear on the field of play.......and these things come with experience and confidence....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 02:23:17 PM »
I after admit, at first I thought after BEENE left the federation should have gotten someone with some good experience of the national seen. I aslo have to admit, I am very impress with what he done with does youths. Them fellas on the field look like bout 18 yrs old. I like the Dutch stile of play and I like what he has done so keep him. What we should do on the other hand, is to get rid of or federation including Jack Warner. He sucking T&T bad. I was always convince that we had some raw talent that we need to invest seious money in.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 03:02:55 PM »
The raw materials needs to go to the weight room.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 03:37:52 PM »
KEEP THE COACH AND CHANGE THE PLAYERS  :devil:

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 05:29:44 PM »
imagine if wim had ah full squad to choose from...but let me stop that wishful thinking

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 05:34:30 PM »
i say definitely keep glenton rizenburger..

he came away with credible performances with a C team not much can be asked for.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 06:33:04 PM »
I say any body who good and willing to wuk for free, Keep him I eh wuking for free. It might be peanuts but it eh free
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coach Wim
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 05:32:30 AM »
I know there's been lots of speculation about the future of Wim.. but do you think that is the end of him now.....

I am not asking if it should be the end of him, because very few people thought Bertie should have been sacked after his GC exploits, but he was

So do we think Wim will be given the boot; and if so who should or would replace him?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Wim
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 05:40:26 AM »
I wonder if dem people in the TTFF have paid him as yet?
what a bunch of major league cunning stunts.
whey fooote
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>