April 27, 2024, 03:13:28 AM

Author Topic: Latas and Falkirk live on de net  (Read 2575 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latas and Falkirk live on de net
« on: August 06, 2005, 08:12:29 AM »
Falkirk vs Livingston

De game started at 10 AM EST.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Latas and Falkirk live on de net
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 08:46:13 AM »
For real.

Thanks Tallman. Looks like I miss a goal by Latas. 1-0 to Falkirk.

How de ass you does know all this shit though?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:00:39 AM »
Tall thanks for de heads up. Man, it's been a long time since I have seen Latas play. I missed most of the first half, but still got a chance to see a little of his magic.

Tallman...yuh ever considered working for de CIA? Dey could really use a man like u in tracking down dem terrorist. Anyway ah happy yuh is we Central Intelligence :)
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 10:09:22 AM »
nice to see latas scoring

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
oh larddd ah sour i jus get home
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 11:36:13 AM »
i miss meh boy play sah jeeeeezzzz   >:(

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: oh larddd ah sour i jus get home
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 11:41:48 AM »

I tune een fuh de 2nd half.  Yuh eh miss nutting. If Latas touch de ball 5 times he touch it plenty. 

De most "memorable" Latas moment?

Latas trackin back to mark a man....man play a wall pass wit he teammate and run to colleck.  Latas eh do a ting to run back wit de man.

Ah mean....he didn't used to do it before and he sure as hell eh doin it now.

Ah miss de first half so probably dat is where Latas mek he mark.  Obviously he did because he score.

But he mus be was de most anonymous rasta in Scottish football ever in de 2nd half.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: oh larddd ah sour i jus get home
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 12:04:57 PM »

I tune een fuh de 2nd half.  Yuh eh miss nutting. If Latas touch de ball 5 times he touch it plenty.

Palos i think he did most of his damage in the first half at least based on the report

Livingston 0-2 Falkirk
Russell Latapy celebrates at Almondvale
Russell Latapy was in fine form at Almondvale
Falkirk picked up their first SPL points with a well deserved win over a poor Livingston side at Almondvale.

Veteran midfielder Russell Latapy ran the show for the visitors, turning in a great display from midfield.

Latapy shot Falkirk into the lead from the edge of the penalty bopx after 28 minutes after twisting and turning past a couple of challenges.

Darryl Duffy added a second goal on 72 minutes when his shot found the net via a deflection off Greg Strong.

Livingston manager Paul Lambert made one change to the side which was beaten at Rangers last week, with Scott McLaughlin replacing the suspended Richard Brittain.

Falkirk were without Alan Gow, meaning Daniel McBreen was handed a first Premier League start.

Livingston carved out the first chance when Vitor Lima was caught in possession on the edge of his own box after four minutes and Derek Adams flashed a shot just wide.

But Falkirk soon found their rhythm and Latapy's cute reverse pass allowed Tiago Rodrigues the chance for a snap-shot which was deflected narrowly past the post.

Latapy was in the mood and a clever swivel on 15 minutes gave himself space to drill a shot inches wide of Roddy McKenzie's left-hand post.

It came as no surprise when Latapy fired the visitors ahead with a low left-footed shot from 20 yards out which McKenzie was slow to react to.

The 'keeper looked smarter seven minutes later when he made an outstanding save to deny Latapy a second goal.

From another patient build-up Lima blasted over as Falkirk ended the half in total command.

In the 49th minute Latapy and Duffy sent McBreen away down the left and it took a fine tackle from Harald Pinxten to deny him a good goalscoring chance.

From the resulting corner Latapy's inswinger to the back post was met by Bairns captain Craig Ireland, who headed wide from close range.

Livi gradually pulled themselves back into the game and Falkirk keeper Matt Glennon fumbled a shot from Adams but regathered before Robert Snodgrass could pounce.

The Lions then wasted a golden chance to equalise when the ball ricocheted fortunately into James McPake's path just eight yards out but the young striker shot straight at Glennon.

Calamity struck for Livi when Duffy got off the mark for the season thanks to a shot from close range which was partly saved by McKenzie but then deflected in off Strong.

It was a goal out of the blue for the Bairns and came about after good work down the right flank from Andy Lawrie.

Livingston: McKenzie, Mackay, Pinxten (Strong 70), Dorado, McLaughlin (Tesevic 45), Walker, Scott, Adams, Tierney, Pereira (Snodgrass 45), McPake. Subs Not Used: Roy, Dorrans, Miller, Adam.

Booked: Pereira, Walker, Dorado.

Falkirk: Glennon, Lawrie, Rodrigues, Ireland, McPherson, Steven Thomson, Lima, O'Neil (O Donnell 89), Latapy, McBreen (McSween 84), Duffy. Subs Not Used: Hill, MacKenzie, Andy Thomson, Milne, Manson.

Goals: Latapy 28, Duffy 72.

Att: 4,052

Ref: E Smith

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 12:16:22 PM »
I did see most of the game including the goal. I would have liked a replay though but that wasn't coming.

Latapy still has the touch and that was obvious, his passing was good. But he had loads of time on the ball to make his passes for the most part.

He musta had ah disagreement with speed because speed eh he friend. He and speed was never friend but now is like they enemy.

The level of play was ok but you could see why when even Hibs came down the PFL players gave ah good account of themselves.

Latas did ok but I wouldnt want to see him play for us now cause I would hate to see fellas like Donovan run him to the ground. Unless he come on for like 5 minutes and give everything...let us enjoy the memories of the little Magician.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 05:54:09 PM »
from the reports ive read latapy had a fantastic game.
i aint sayin nothin
Hart for president

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2005, 07:00:53 AM »
I've just watched the game highlights.  Lata's goal was'nt spectacular, he picked up a ricochet just outside the 'D' of the area and placed it (or should I say ROLLED it) in the bottom left of the goal....keeper didn't even bother diving! His performance wasn't fantastic but most of Falkirk's worthwhile attempts on goal came through him.  And I agree with Ngozi, most of Latas defensive contributions seemed to be token efforts. Certainly wouldn't have added any steel to T&T's midfield.  As fuh the standard of the overall game..well I haven't seen any PFL game tapes of this season but the Jab and Connection teams of the previous two seasons would have coped pretty well with either of the teams.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2005, 11:05:57 AM »
allyuh bunch ah ex u-14 footballers trying to belittle the " little magician" ???...."BLASPHEMY"....BURN IN HELL...

GOD
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 08:54:35 AM »
any goal is a good goal yes..just ask stern

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 02:36:53 PM »
never said his goal was bad it just wasn't SPECTACULAR and I never said the man play shit...I just don't think his performance was FANTASTIC, it was good but by no means was it some sort of dominating display.  Maybe my understanding of these words is different to some individuals here but using those words to describe a performance in a Scottish league game between Falkirk and winless, no goals yet and bottom of the league Livingston is misleading. If yuh want tuh call it blasphemy...so be it  8)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 02:44:53 PM »
Some people does treat this man like if he is a deity.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 07:43:55 PM »
yuh mean like argentines treat deigo??....eh JAH gol ?....well i not from argentina....THERE IS ONLY ONE RUSELL LATAPY......
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>